Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

prefect posted:

:stare: i have a hat similar to that. (i only wear it when i go golfing) and similar glasses :negative:

wear a ballcap like a normal person you loving clown, burn that atrocity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
you could wear that camping, when you're camping you can wear goofy poo poo like that with impunity

it's a stretch to call that appropriate for golf though even if one might generally wear goofy poo poo golfing

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

penus de milo posted:

i like the reward tiers. for $100 i will skype you and chat about the luxury flight you paid for me to go on. for $500 you get to have dinner with me while we discuss the luxury flight that you paid for me to go on.

does he at least pay for the dinner

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wear a ballcap like a normal person you loving clown, burn that atrocity

baseball caps don't cover your ears

also, my hat looks like the one bill murray wore in caddyshack :downs:

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
retsupurae have been showcasing some really lovely game kickstarters recently that people itt may enjoy https://www.youtube.com/user/retsupurae/videos

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

baseball caps don't cover your ears

also, my hat looks like the one bill murray wore in caddyshack :downs:

isn't that called a bucket hat?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

isn't that called a bucket hat?

A boonie hat, also known as a bush hat, is a form of wide-brim hat commonly used by military forces. Its design is similar to a bucket hat but with a stiffer brim. Often a fabric tape band of 'branch loops' is sewn around the crown of the hat. This 'foliage ring' is meant to hold additional vegetation as camouflage. A strap provides stability. The crown may be vented with rivets or mesh panels. Snaps may also be provided with which to fix the brim in the style of an Australian bush hat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boonie_hat

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
oh ok, i had a bucket hat i used to wear camping but it mysteriously disappeared when my wife moved in

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
bucket hats are only acceptable if it's 1999 and you're watching fatboy slim play at a festival

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

penus de milo posted:

bucket hats are only acceptable if it's 1999 and you're watching fatboy slim play at a festival

or if its made entirely from pBR cans

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
or if your name is gilligan

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

finally, i can get a geordi la forge autograph for only $250$110 (e: haha my mistake, it has its own reward tier)

(this unironically owns though)

Vicas fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 28, 2014

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i already have a geordi la forge autograph :smuggo:

freal though if he wants my money i'll give it to him

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a million smackeroonies, though. that's a lotta greenbacks

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

a tonna clams

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

anthonypants posted:

do you think either of these dorks have seen a boob

this beard is actually defensible in that it's the only way he'd have any kind of jawline

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Werthog 95 posted:

a million smackeroonies, though. that's a lotta greenbacks

i can't imagine this thing is gonna miss its goal, it's got something for the 80s/90s nostalgia crowd, the "ostensibly doing something good for the children" crowd, the star trek fanboy crowd, and even the picnic lovers crowd, there's no part of the kickstarter userbase that won't be into this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vicas posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

finally, i can get a geordi la forge autograph for only $250$110 (e: haha my mistake, it has its own reward tier)

gave :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

reading rainbow was super important and i loving loved it as a kid (hate the remixed theme song tho)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a shitload of simoleons

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Vicas posted:

is this community service for his unbecoming conduct on the holodeck?

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Thesoro posted:

this beard is actually defensible in that it's the only way he'd have any kind of jawline

i believe it's called a "bloatee"

http://www.achewood.com/index.php/index.php?date=09072005

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

imagine the future where all people wear protective helmets, i can't wait

ill start the wiki

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Vicas posted:

watch the video to the end

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anthonypants posted:

watch the video to the end

lmbo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

he's so rich he's spent at least $250,000 (or equivalent) on plane tickets in the last 5 years, but he has to beg on the internet for this?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

he's so rich he's spent at least $250,000 (or equivalent) on plane tickets in the last 5 years, but he has to beg on the internet for this?

dat TNG money aint lasting too long!

edit: oh wait, this is something else

edit: ending of that video was actually funny, nice penguin shirt

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 28, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
:rory: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i dont know what that says

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the greens, they live (this kickstarter is working)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

he games credit cards for frequent flyer miles and runs a review blog

etihad obvs doesn't let you use miles on those cabins

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
who puts three toilets in arow like that

besides russia

Dec 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

the greens, they live (this kickstarter is working)

every time you post an update from that i keep thinking its toilets at a quick glance

Dec 26, 2012

Vicas posted:

also this owns

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Vicas posted:

this legit might be the first kickstarter i donate to

even if i didn't have a kid i'd toss him $10

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
also over the course of watching the 6-minute kickstarter video it made about $15,000 so i'm not particularly concerned about lavar hitting his target

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

kicktraq is 100k behind even

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
what's the fastest a kickstarter ever hit $1m, anyway? i have to assume some game did it in under a day because nerds

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

almost 400k :pwn:

it got another backer while i was looking at the count, i didn't realize kickstarter did that

gonna leave the window open on my unused monitor so i can watch it hit a mil

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Werthog 95 posted:

gonna leave the window open on my unused monitor so i can watch it hit a mil

it breaks eventually sadly, after a few minutes you'll need to reload the page. i was 200k behind in my open tab lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i hope you all donated

• Locked thread