Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

You know, I thought for three-four weeks that Terrelle Pryor may be able to throw a ball someday.

How misled I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Dexo posted:

cake stuff, no loving contest. Why would you bring up any other Stafford.

I see where you're coming from but I think lunchmeat Stafford is at least as good and probably slightly better than cake Stafford. :colbert:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shath Hole posted:

It does for me :dance:

On one hand I understand where you're coming from.

On the other hand, this line of thinking got Matt Cassel $28m guaranteed.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mike Glennon is made out of angel food cake.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shath Hole posted:

Year Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

2013 Chi 8 109.0 149 224 66.5 1829 228.6 8.2 13 1

2013 Chi 11 89.2 224 355 63.1 2621 238.3 7.4 19 12

Is that claim really that outlandish?

e: Ugh, this is turning into me looking like I would take McCown over Cutler, which :lol: I would not. I only brought it up because you referenced statistics, and looking at those stats, one could make the argument McCown had the better season*.

*Does not mean he is the better QB jesus christ people.

I hate saying this, but did you even watch the games he played? It was against the Redskins, Cowboys, and Lions. That was after the Lions' implosion, mind you. I disagree that this means he had a better season because he only played teams that could barely challenge even a bad QB. Stats don't mean poo poo if you don't add words to them. Of course a QB will look good playing the bad defenses. That's a given. McCown is definitely a smart QB, but his games were the equivalent of dunking on a baby. Anyone would look good.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 28, 2014

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

On one hand I understand where you're coming from.

On the other hand, this line of thinking got Matt Cassel $28m guaranteed.

Oh I completely agree and again I am in now way saying McCown is the better QB.

old dog child posted:

You're stupid. Did you even watch the games he played? It was against the Redskins, Cowboys, and Lions. That was after the Lions' implosion, mind you. I disagree that this means he had a better season because he only played steams that could barely challenge even a bad QB.

:sigh: I give up. This is a pointless and stupid argument that was taken entirely out of context.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Do you want Matthew Stafford, Matthew Stafford made of lunchmeats, or Matthew Stafford made out of fancy cake stuff?

Trick question, the correct answer is none of the above because you want to actually win a playoff game

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Mike Glennon is made out of angel food cake.

Because he is a giraffe, you see

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Shath Hole posted:

Oh I completely agree and again I am in now way saying McCown is the better QB.

:sigh: I give up. This is a pointless and stupid argument that was taken entirely out of context.

Sorry, I edited my post and made it less mean

But why did you bring up McCown in the first place if not to argue he's better than Cutler? You were already in the middle of a discussion about Smith vs Cutler. It kind implies that you think that when we're talking about "who's better".

e: I'll admit his decision making is a lot less risky than Cutler, but I think Cutler just goes for it so he can smoke sooner

e2: sorry for being a dick, I have not been in a good mood since Friday night

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 28, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'd just like to take a moment of silence to appreciate how far this forum has come on not hating everything about Cutler, and infact embracing our Rex Grossman on Steroids of a quarterback.

I'd like to thank MJD for being an rear end in a top hat, and ESPN for pushing the narrative making everyone sick of hearing it.

old dog child posted:

But why did you bring up McCown in the first place if not to argue he's better than Cutler? You were already in the middle of a discussion about Smith vs Cutler. It kind implies that you think that when we're talking about "who's better".

e: I'll admit his decision making is a lot less risky than Cutler, but I think Cutler just goes for it so he can smoke sooner

He was probably was just using McCown as a small side swipe more than anything serious. But I'm really really bored at work.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Shath Hole posted:

Not disagreeing with that point, but I would question the "highly accomplished" part. No doubt he has all the physical tools, but he makes a lot of really, really dumb plays "franchise QBs" should not be making.

I just wanted to bring this up because IMO it's not that he's making "bonehead plays" or not seeing the defense or whatever.

A good majority of Cutler's errors, bad throws, interceptions etc seem to come not from being dumb but from an over-confidence in his arm. You'd never guess it by looking at his bitchface but it was the biggest source of frustration to me, especially in the early days. Having the loving greatest WR duo in the NFL to snag balls out of tight spots has helped this, and working with Trestman even for just a small time has as well, but it's still there.

In the early days he used to rifle passes through tiny windows and the ball would either be off just enough for a defender to get a hand on it or for the ball to bounce off Devin Hester's hands and into the safety's. And then the very next drive he would go out and do it again.

e- also i'm not joining the dogpile on you because at least one other person agreed with you but you were the first one to say it

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 28, 2014

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

old dog child posted:

e2: sorry for being a dick, I have not been in a good mood since Friday night

Truth be told, I only brought up McCown because I am not, and never really have been, a Cutler fan and ole' Joshy had a really good year filling in for him. I think he is super talented, but there just seems like something is missing there. I do *not* think McCown is on the same level as Cutler...McCown has had an absolutely terrible career and has had 1 good season.

You weren't being a dick, no need to apologize. It's all good. This is what this forum is for :glomp:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

I'd just like to take a moment of silence to appreciate how far this forum has come on not hating everything about Cutler, and infact embracing our Rex Grossman on Steroids of a quarterback.

Telling you right now if Cutler was a weaker armed QB everyone would loathe him. TFF pretty much only cares about deep bombs, which granted are phenomenally fun, but are low percentage plays that don't win football games alone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

Telling you right now if Cutler was a weaker armed QB everyone would loathe him. TFF pretty much only cares about deep bombs, which granted are phenomenally fun, but are low percentage plays that don't win football games alone.

Good thing Cutler is IIRC Literally the most accurate deep QB in the League.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shath Hole posted:

Truth be told, I only brought up McCown because I am not, and never really have been, a Cutler fan and ole' Joshy had a really good year filling in for him. I think he is super talented, but there just seems like something is missing there. I do *not* think McCown is on the same level as Cutler...McCown has had an absolutely terrible career and has had 1 good season.

You weren't being a dick, no need to apologize. It's all good. This is what this forum is for :glomp:

Well all you really had to say was that you never liked Cutler and none of this would have happened.

Because seriously, Alex Smith better than Cutler? Alright, whatever man.

Dexo posted:

Probably helps when your deep threat is Alshon Jeffrey and not Devin loving Hester.

Man, some of those WR corps are the stuff of nightmares.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 28, 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's not getting a contract this off season. I like Alex Smith, but he is straight up not proven to be worth 18 million yet. Enjoy the final year of this contract, the tag, and then being let go for Aaron Murray/Tyler Bray.

I will go to the hyper-Republican church near my house for a year if Smith walks next year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

shiksa posted:

Because seriously, Alex Smith better than Cutler? Alright, whatever man.

I never said he was bet-

gently caress it, I'm going drinking.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A Pale Horse posted:

He can't do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3szXpKYCVo

And he can't throw less than 14 interceptions a season.

I'm pretty sure almost any player in the NFL could have done that to that defense.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shath Hole posted:

I never said he was bet-

Noooooo, At least light one up for out of respect for Cutler's Diabetes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shath Hole posted:

I never said he was bet-

Fine, you'd take him over Cutler. I kind of figured those were interchangeable, sorry, my bad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Yeah I mentioned that right off the bat when Shath asked the question. The touch he has on deep balls with the velocity he has is remarkable. There's so many huge armed QBs that come and go in the NFL that can put a ball 60 yards down field in a two second throw but can't hit their target at all.

Vick comes to mind, as does Boller.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm smoking a cigarette for everyone in this thread

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Volkerball posted:

He's on the scale, it's just arguing how far to the right he should be on it.

You realize he started doing that celebration after the article that called him a thug and a bad role model for having tattoos came out, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

NippleFloss posted:

I'm pretty sure almost any player in the NFL could have done that to that defense.

That's pretty much a Joe Staley highlight anyway. That block :swoon:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

old dog child posted:

I'm smoking a cigarette for everyone in this thread

What kinda cigarette?

:420:

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
So did it get mentioned yet that Julio Jones brother was apparently shot and might lose his arm?

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/5/28/5758406/report-julio-jones-brother-shot

That's two Falcons wr's with brothers who have been shot this offseason

edit: already covered

dont hate the playa fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 28, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

You realize he started doing that celebration after the article that called him a thug and a bad role model for having tattoos came out, right?

It owns btw.

Kaep is super cool and Russel Wilson is lame and boring, I don't know how anyone could disagree with this unless they were 50 years old.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kirios posted:

Player A: 308 completions | 508 attempts | 60.6% completion percentage | 3,313 yards | 6.52 YPA | 23 TDs | 7 INTs | 49.4 QBR | 89.1 quarterback rating

Player B: 262 completions | 450 attempts | 58.2% completion percentage | 3,116 yards | 6.92 YPA | 27 TDs | 7 INTs | 49.6 QBR | 93.0 quarterback rating

One player is 2010 Matt Cassel...the other is 2013 Alex Smith.

The difference being that Smith had a year and a half of being an even better player than that immediately prior to his season with the Chiefs, but who cares about context?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

shiksa posted:

It owns btw.

Kaep is super cool and Russel Wilson is lame and boring, I don't know how anyone could disagree with this unless they were 50 years old.

Oh god this. If I have to see that loving boring rear end RW tablet commercial one more time :argh:

Kaep rules.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

Both look like pretty great statlines to me unless I'm missing something here.

My very first thought. That's like using dan marinos numbers as some sort of deductive reasoning to conclude that a certain qb won't win a Super Bowl or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

I will go to the hyper-Republican church near my house for a year if Smith walks next year.

Is it Church of the Resurrection? Because that would be fitting considering his numbers last year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I've been the most consistent cutler fan on these boards - even going way back to broncos days when I said over and over id take him over rivers.

Not anymore. I'm not seeing his deep ball there much anymore, I'm seeing super erratic play masked by incredibly efforts by receivers (loving hell Marshall!) and I think it's unfair to pretend that curlers criticisms are mostly due him being a (funny) prick off the field

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

My very first thought. That's like using dan marinos numbers as some sort of deductive reasoning to conclude that a certain qb won't win a Super Bowl or something.

#NumbersNeverLie after the break we'll explain why the STATS show that utility players like Aaron Hernandez are 2.6 times more likely to commit murder

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Matthew Stafford is the best quarterback in the NFC North, discuss.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Sorry bud, it's Bridgewater.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What the gently caress is there to discuss..

I wish Cutler could party like Stafford.

Rodgers probably gets all pissy when a chick says that his dancing isn't perfect and is only above average.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

What the gently caress is there to discuss..

I wish Cutler could party like Stafford.

Rodgers probably gets all pissy when a chick says that his dancing isn't perfect and is only above average.

Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, let alone the NFC North but Stafford is clearly smarter because drat those titties.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

i dont understand why youre limiting this quesiton to just the nfc north???

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
One of the Glazers just bit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

One of the Glazers just bit it

Yeah it popped up on my ipad app but I can't find it anywhere else. Saying it was Malcolm Glazer.

e: Their official twitter is reporting it:
https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/471739511261523968

• Locked thread