Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

NihilCredo posted:

Sunset Invasion II: A New Level of Betrayal

Ethiser posted:

The ancient Brazilian Rain Forest civilization has returned from space and is ready to reassert themselves as the rulers of the world.

I would unironically pay for a DLC with some kind of newly risen Atlantis that has flying shark cavalry and laser muskets and whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Roadie posted:

I would unironically pay for a DLC with some kind of newly risen Atlantis that has flying shark cavalry and laser muskets and whatever.

I actually would seriously like it if they did (a few) more fantasy/fun DLC. I'd like one for CKII that added 'low' magic based off historical superstitions, like the old game Darklands. Hedge wizards, horrifying vampires, and creepy fae folk. Victoria could get steampunk weaponry, Cthulhu cults, and a literal Martian Tripod invasion modeled off the CKII Mongols, but appearing scattered around the globe.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want Aztecs to be viable. :qq:

BTW when is Wealth of Nations going to be released?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Frijolero posted:

I just want Aztecs to be viable. :qq:

BTW when is Wealth of Nations going to be released?

Tomorrow.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Midnight? What timezone? ANTICIPATION MAN.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

Midnight? What timezone? ANTICIPATION MAN.

They don't do midnight releases. It will be about midday in the US.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed, Paradox releases tend to be early morning Sweden time, so that they're in the office to react if something catastrophic happens.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Don't those afternoon release times have something to do with Valve being on the West Coast? Or am I horrendously misinformed?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Haven't played EUIV since launch, there is a 2nd major content expansion? Is the first one worth it? Hell, is the new one coming out worth it?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Rincewind posted:

Don't those afternoon release times have something to do with Valve being on the West Coast? Or am I horrendously misinformed?

Kinda wonder how Steam will handle this anyway since there's no preorder but it'll have to be on steam for the DLC to activate.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

GMG has the new DLC for sale and already sent out keys. If you buy only WoN you can't use the current 20% off voucher ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 since it's below the 10€ limit, but if you add one cosmetic DLC you can use it, basically getting you the cosmetic DLC for free.

Ed: Patch notes are up, too big to paste here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?778277-Patchnotes-1.6

Vodos fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 29, 2014

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

World conquest by orthodox ottoman HRE emperor is nerfed

quote:

Ghazi is now 25% manpower recovery speed
Now costs 1 IA to enforce religious unity
IA no longer increased by member states converting to Emperor's faith
Emperor now only gives +1 diplomatic upkeep instead of +2
Ottoman ambition is now +33% land force limit
Vassal income is 10% base with bonuses instead of 50% always
Probably Minghals too - forming Mughals, Manchu or Persia no longer changes government form.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Lots of great stuff in the new patch, but:
" Westernisation is now +10 RR instead of +5 RR.
- Countries with high monthly income will be slower through westernisation. Maximum monthly power into westernisation is reduced by 1 for each multiple of income by 40."
:stare:

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

quote:

- AE reduction for losing provinces, vassals etc is no longer global.

JakeDDR's AE dump is gone :cry:

quote:

- You can no longer declare war on a country you have guaranteed.
- Revoking a guarantee on a nation now gives you a truce. Only one way though, for the one doing the guarantee.
I know this makes sense but I'm still sad that it was changed, always made me chuckle because guaranteeing independence means "you'll get conquered soon".

quote:

- Removed the diplomatic idea revolution&counter-revolution, and added in "Benign Diplomats", which gives +25% better improve relations and imperial relations.
Does that mean the "Change government" CB is gone now?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Pyromancer posted:

Probably Minghals too - forming Mughals, Manchu or Persia no longer changes government form.

Urgggghhhhhhhh.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

The dumbest question: How do I redeem the Humble Store purchase of Wealth of Nations? I don't see the key available on the page.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

quote:

- Privateers
* You can now send Light Ships on privateering missions to trade nodes
* A fleet on a privateering mission will hoist the Jolly Roger flag
* Privateers will generated 1.5 times their trade power for the Pirate (PIR) nation.
* The Pirate nation will act as a collecting merchant in the node, the sending nation receives 40%
* Nations with over 20% of trade power in a Trade Node receives a Pirate Hunt CB aginst the privateering nations
* Several Privateer specific events added
* With privateers in, the old Pirates are removed.
I like this, but I wish you could designate galleys as privateers in the Mediterranean, since the Ottomans and Spanish caused so much mayhem with galley-based raiders in the 16th century.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Patch Notes posted:

- When a country switched away from Catholism, there votes are no longer around ghosted.
Hmmm

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Vodos posted:

GMG has the new DLC for sale and already sent out keys. If you buy only WoN you can't use the current 20% off voucher ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 since it's below the 10€ limit, but if you add one cosmetic DLC you can use it, basically getting you the cosmetic DLC for free.

This rules, thanks!

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
With all the increases to AE, you're left wondering when they'll remove expansion mechanics entirely. They really seem to want you to stay in your corner of the map, with expansion through war getting the entire world up in arms against you and expansion through diplomacy costing an arm and a leg for integration/annexation or being an RNG-fueled crapshoot for getting and inheriting a PU.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jolan posted:

With all the increases to AE, you're left wondering when they'll remove expansion mechanics entirely. They really seem to want you to stay in your corner of the map, with expansion through war getting the entire world up in arms against you and expansion through diplomacy costing an arm and a leg for integration/annexation or being an RNG-fueled crapshoot for getting and inheriting a PU.

In my current 1.6 game as England, I have the entire British Isles, most of France and a budding colonial empire by the mid 1500s. In my previous game as Mewar I formed Hindustan within a century or starting. Don't let that get in the way of your hyperbole though.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Just started a new game and thought I'd take a few screenshots of the new stuff, noticed that espionage and expansion have been switched in to different categories, didn't see that in the patchnotes.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is 1.6 savegame compatible with 1.5? I had a really fun game as Scandinavia going and I'd hate to restart but I really am sick of my allies turning on me despite being really nice to them and helping them annex half the HRE.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

axeil posted:

Is 1.6 savegame compatible with 1.5? I had a really fun game as Scandinavia going and I'd hate to restart but I really am sick of my allies turning on me despite being really nice to them and helping them annex half the HRE.

Yeah it seems to be, just loaded up my Great Britain game I was playing yesterday with the new stuff and it's all there, bonus picture of some of the new policy things.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Should be compatible.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

axeil posted:

I tested it with a GB save, got a few CTDs but that's because of some graphical mods that need to be updated. Otherwise it seems to work fine, which is great because I'm doing an MP game with some friends. Worst comes to worst you can roll back to the old version to finish your game.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Oh great, more diplomatic options are now made useless:

quote:

AI no longer interested in taking loans from players

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pyromancer posted:

Oh great, more diplomatic options are now made useless:

As opposed to being a completely free way to generate a CB? I am going to try and add proper logic for it when I have time, but I really don't think people are going to use it for its intended purpose pretty much ever.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

Wiz posted:

As opposed to being a completely free way to generate a CB? I am going to try and add proper logic for it when I have time, but I really don't think people are going to use it for its intended purpose pretty much ever.

Why not fix it so AI actually manages finances and returns the loans most of the time, rather then leaving in a diplomatic option that never works for anything. Another broken one is return unlawful territory - it's weighted so if AI is coring land it never returns it(no matter your military power and diplomatic reputation) and AI doesn't usually get territory it can't core.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 29, 2014

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

You could get the AI to accept loans before? They've never even considered allowing me to give them a loan, it war never an option.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of which features are only available with the paid expansion? The free patch sounds great but I won't be able to buy the expansion for a while, so I'm interested to know what I'm missing out on until then.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pyromancer posted:

Why not fix it so AI actually manages finances and returns the loans most of the time, rather then leaving in a diplomatic option that never works for anything. Another broken one is return unlawful territory - it's weighted so if AI is coring land it never returns it(no matter your military power and diplomatic reputation) and AI doesn't usually get territory it can't core.

Sure, that's obviously the ideal, but considering how seldom I'd expect the feature to end up being used (given that it'd require a combination of the player being willing to loan money for a small profit and the AI needing a loan and expecting to be able to pay it back without having to incur bank loans) it just isn't a priority.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 29, 2014

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of which features are only available with the paid expansion? The free patch sounds great but I won't be able to buy the expansion for a while, so I'm interested to know what I'm missing out on until then.

The "Wealth of Nations" part of the patch notes.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Finally I don't have to immediately drop Catholicism as soon as the Reformation happens! (For me micromanaging cardinals was reason alone to go Protestant)

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Wiz posted:

In my current 1.6 game as England, I have the entire British Isles, most of France and a budding colonial empire by the mid 1500s. In my previous game as Mewar I formed Hindustan within a century or starting. Don't let that get in the way of your hyperbole though.

I'm just basing myself on the patch notes, I haven't played with 1.6 yet. Going for a realm like the ones you mention has always been easy if you're expanding slowly.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Jolan posted:

I'm just basing myself on the patch notes, I haven't played with 1.6 yet. Going for a realm like the ones you mention has always been easy if you're expanding slowly.

Remember that Wiz's design philosophy is that World Conquests should be impossible in this time period. This is reflected in his Let's Plays as well.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jolan posted:

Yes, and there is a significant middle ground between "owns all of Europe 50 years into the game" and "no expansion whatsoever", thus the hyperbole.

Cantorsdust posted:

Remember that Wiz's design philosophy is that World Conquests should be impossible in this time period. This is reflected in his Let's Plays as well.

It's really not about world conquests being possible or impossible, it's about the fact that the game shouldn't have a central mechanic of "expanding has a cost" and then offer ways to completely circumvent that cost. There's an argument to be made for the cost being too high/too low or even that you think it should be scrapped altogether, but what we've done this patch is mostly just to make the game consistent about expansion having a cost, which is a core design feature of EU4.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 29, 2014

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I never seem to have any problems with AE except for the occasional world spanning coalition, which is always somewhat irritating, but I guess that's what you get when you try and expand in three directions on two different continents at the same time!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I never seem to have any problems with AE except for the occasional world spanning coalition, which is always somewhat irritating, but I guess that's what you get when you try and expand in three directions on two different continents at the same time!

Worth noting in that area is that warscore costs now scale for the entire coalition size when making peace with a coalition, so you'll be able to take more provinces when defeating a large coalition. Combined with Administrative Efficiency mechanics, it allows for some extremely fast blobbing towards the endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Vodos posted:

Does that mean the "Change government" CB is gone now?

From the diplo idea tree, yes. I think it still exists for switching Milan back from the Ambrosian Republic though.

• Locked thread