Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

i am he posted:

He worked at an ethnic restaurant where he refused to cook vegetables like they told him to and he hit the owners wife in the head with a tray.

Still the best posts this thread had to offer.

Sorry about the job Benny, but it sounded pretty sketch from the get-go. Best of luck as you keep looking!

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

lol

Benny the Snake posted:

Heh, it'd be fun if when I got a new job, I'd hang a "It's been x days since I've made a mistake" sign above my bed.

oh here i found that sign for you

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

What he means is they would decrease the price of the item so that it shows up in searches as cheaper than the competition, and adjust the shipping cost up to account for the difference from lowering the price.

Like every Ebay company ever

I'm having a hard time figuring out why he has a moral objection to this.

On ebay it shows you right on the loving page how much the shipping is.

Its not like they were charging $900 for shipping or selling pieces of paper with pictures of XBOXs on them.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 29, 2014

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

laplace posted:

Man that was Benny bingo. First he explained everything he did wrong, and then blamed it on others, then cast suspicion and anger towards some woman he worked with, then he mentioned yet another random unnamed family member who he is supposedly getting helped by, and ended it off implying he was totally fine and losing his job wasn't his fault or a real loss. The self righteous implication of moral high ground about thinking his own actions were shady is like the cherry on the poo poo sundae. Thanks Benny.

Perfect. The weird moral high ground thing kind of pissed me off, but this thread does that sometimes.

Benny, people were saying that this job sounded too complicated for you and you proved them right. It sounded sketchy, but what do I know?

Good luck, Benny. What the gently caress

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tipps posted:

As a lawyer and an avid reader of this thread, please don't get a job doing legal administration at a law firm if you are having issues with being careless and/or lacking attention to detail.

It's one thing to cost a shifty ebay business a few bucks because you messed up transcribing the SKUs or didn't double-check stock, but inattention to detail when working with legal documents could not only cost the firm thousands in fees, lost billable hours, lost clients, etc., but it could lead to major legal consequences for the lawyers involved if you truly gently caress up in some monumental way, and consequences for the clients themselves if they end up losing their case, or having void documents, because you did something wrong.

Oh my god I want Benny to work in law so bad :allears:

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

Well, I just had a fairly harrowing dream where I got into multiple shouting matches with my mother (who was also simultaneously having a feud with our neighbours). Worst thing is, in the dream I felt guilty for all of them, even though they were prompted by her saying things like 'I don't give a gently caress about anything to do with your choir'. In the dream I'd just decided that all future visits home should be limited to picking up my things and leaving when she turned up for one last round!

So now I'm feeling angry and resentful and guilty and scared even though none of it was real.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Oh my god I want Benny to work in law so bad :allears:

Given his moral questioning when it comes to grilling vegetables and selling items on eBay, I think I would pay money to see Benny's take on legal proceedings.

On a more serious note, are you eligible for programs like the Peace Corps or Citiyear? Those are environments where it seems like you can gently caress up (within reason) while learning a lot about personal responsibility and problem-solving.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

in_cahoots posted:

Given his moral questioning when it comes to grilling vegetables and selling items on eBay, I think I would pay money to see Benny's take on legal proceedings.

On a more serious note, are you eligible for programs like the Peace Corps or Citiyear? Those are environments where it seems like you can gently caress up (within reason) while learning a lot about personal responsibility and problem-solving.

Don't mention Peace Corps, someone has been doing that since page like 5 and Benny responded to it once saying it's his "last wit option if I don't get a job in a year" or something dumb like that. But what do you know, a year later his whole issue with his parents has blown over and he's too cozy to sacrifice his comix and cushy lifestyle.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
The best part of the whole 'jack up the shipping' thing is that eBay charges their final value fee on shipping as well as the final price, so by raising that cost they're just giving eBay a bigger cut of their profit.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
that loving snake bitch! benny don't beat yourself up it wasn't your fault

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

That drat Satyr posted:

The best part of the whole 'jack up the shipping' thing is that eBay charges their final value fee on shipping as well as the final price, so by raising that cost they're just giving eBay a bigger cut of their profit.

also you can sort "price + shipping"

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Benny, it sounds like it was a poo poo job. I wish you would have had it for longer, because I think you need something on your resume that shows you CAN stick with something. But, yeah, it was a poo poo job.

Keep applying for retail, office, and call center work. And always ASK about the training process in interviews...it's a good question, as it makes you sound interested in learning the position, and may also help you determine if you're going to be thrown to the wolves right away. Anything where you will be probably isn't a great fit.

Get your info on file with a temp agency too. At worst, you'll get go on some interviews, maybe get to try out doing some different things.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

spunkshui posted:

also you can sort "price + shipping"

Yeah there isn't even an option to sort by lowest price minus shipping on ebay so the whole moral objection thing is idiotic. I'm not seeing the scammy part of this job at all it sounds like fairly standard redistribution stuff.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Queen Elizatits posted:

Yeah there isn't even an option to sort by lowest price minus shipping on ebay so the whole moral objection thing is idiotic. I'm not seeing the scammy part of this job at all it sounds like fairly standard redistribution stuff.

It isn't scammy or immoral at all, and I doubt Benny ever thought it was, he is just pandering to the people who are all up in arms about the idea. Always count on Benny to ham it up. The job isn't scammy at all, it is just a lovely, minimum-wage job that Benny was not qualified or able to perform.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
The moral outrage is yet another lie. Yet another attempt to change the pitiful, pathetic narrative of his life.

poo poo just sucks sometimes, dude. You got fired. Don't be a bitch about it. And stop lying. You're horrible at it.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Eris posted:
Quiet from Benny makes me nervous. What's going on over there Benny? You ok?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I like that he started writing and volunteering again as soon as he no longer had to work 25 hours a week. He just didn't bother mentioning... Only the "positive" things

beautiful baby
Jun 7, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

When he fired me, one of the reasons my manager gave me was that I yawned too much.

Can't believe no one has asked about this. Just how much yawning are you doing Benny?? If you're so tired you're annoying the poo poo out of your co-workers, that's probably something you should talk to your doctor about.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess my biggest question, which thus far has been unanswered by this thread, is why is benny enabled by the thread?

Or is it entirely for the hilarity of laughing at benny?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

He's enabled because he ignores the 100s of posts calling him an idiot and responds to the ones saying "good job!"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Yes

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Benny, how's the job search going? Any new happenings since May 9th?

systran posted:

that loving snake bitch! benny don't beat yourself up it wasn't your fault

Thank you.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
So this thread has made no progress in a year+

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Sotar posted:

So this thread has made no progress in a year+

That's not fair. Benny added another job that lasted <90 days to his resume.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

beautiful baby posted:

Can't believe no one has asked about this. Just how much yawning are you doing Benny?? If you're so tired you're annoying the poo poo out of your co-workers, that's probably something you should talk to your doctor about.
I said earlier that my meds make me drowsy and not taking them was non-negotiable. I wasn't yawning constantly, but it did get to the point where my coworkers noticed. One thing that I'm going to have to start doing once I get another job is drink coffee when I get drowsy. I'm not a coffee drinker.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Benny the Snake posted:

I said earlier that my meds make me drowsy and not taking them was non-negotiable. I wasn't yawning constantly, but it did get to the point where my coworkers noticed. One thing that I'm going to have to start doing once I get another job is drink coffee when I get drowsy. I'm not a coffee drinker.

Get on new meds if you cannot function with your current meds. If you are yawning so much that people are actually talking about it that is an absurd ammount of yawning.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Benny the Snake posted:

One thing that I'm going to have to start doing once I get another job is drink coffee when I get drowsy. I'm not a coffee drinker.

You do this EVERY loving TIME. You 'figure' out some sort of solution when it's too late. Why didn't you think of this when you were at work. "Gee I'm pretty tired. Maybe I should get some coffee or tea or something else with caffeine." That's how a normal brain works. When you were tired at work what went through your brain? "I'm tired. Welp, nothing I can do about it. No sirreeee."

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JakeP posted:

Get on new meds if you cannot function with your current meds. If you are yawning so much that people are actually talking about it that is an absurd ammount of yawning.

While I am sure there is medication that will make you drowsy all day every day, yawning won't be the only symptom. It also won't be the only medication he can take and it will indicate other functions are impacted above and beyond just being "drowsy".

I would wager that he does not have a regular sleep pattern, which causes his exhaustion, exacerbating the effects of the medication, if there are any to begin with. Most medications that have drowsyness as a side effect are not something you are prescribed to take daily, or are required to not operate heavy machinery/drive/etc while on them. Especially if it impairs him to such a degree his coworkers are recognizing him as a dude that yawns way too much. Edit: And stimulants like Caffeine will only mask the symptoms to a degree.

However, this is the problem with anyone who has a mental disorder. They go untreated or poorly treated for various reasons, and need extensive care to put them on the right path to be productive. Benny is pretty far from the mark because he has not received anything remotely like "extensive care" insofar as can be determined in this thread. Worse yet, people giving him "advice" that he cherry picks only results in him playing benny bingo on excuses.

I don't know whether to be angry or sad. I want people who are mentally ill to get better or put onto an ice flow. Whichever is easier really.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
That's probably true. Benny do you stay up all night and try to go to work on only a few hours of sleep?

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Bung Harmer posted:

You do this EVERY loving TIME. You 'figure' out some sort of solution when it's too late. Why didn't you think of this when you were at work. "Gee I'm pretty tired. Maybe I should get some coffee or tea or something else with caffeine." That's how a normal brain works. When you were tired at work what went through your brain? "I'm tired. Welp, nothing I can do about it. No sirreeee."

That's the difference between a lazy sack of poo poo and a regular person.

Benny has zero drive or forethought, and his only motivator is consequences that he's currently experiencing.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Bung Harmer posted:

You do this EVERY loving TIME. You 'figure' out some sort of solution when it's too late. Why didn't you think of this when you were at work.

See The_entire_Benny_thread for an explanation.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Benny the Snake posted:

When I'm not careful, I gently caress up. When I am careful, I gently caress up anyway. It's a vicious cycle that I'm trying to break by realizing the difference between being careful and doubting myself.

Maybe if you grunt and push hard enough, you'll realize that difference.

No, but seriously, you're never gonna realize the difference until you see a therapist. All the planing, excuses, reasoning, plotting and scheming in the world won't help. Introspection won't help. Drugs won't help.

Healthcare.gov gently caress your parents and their healthcare situation. Apply yourself. I assume they've done nothing as far as getting family coverage is concerned.

Had you listened in the first place and gone to healthcare.gov and gotten yourself insurance instead of making excuses, you wouldn't have had to cancel your dentist appointment. This is part of your problem.

Now could you pleas stop trying to work around things which are impossible to work around and visit Obama's site and get on with getting help?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Benny, you were not fired for yawning. No one gets fired for just yawning. I yawn a lot more then most people and always have (not sure why) even when I am not tired. No one mentions it at work because I get stuff done. They added this to the list of reasons you were fired because you looked and acted tired and were slow and drowsy as you worked.

How much sleep are you getting a night?

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Come on, he was probably a goddamn sloth.

"Benny, go do X,Y and Z"
"Aaaaallllrrriiight" *shuffle shuffle shuffle I'll do that, right after a 15 minute bathroom break.*

cname fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 29, 2014

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I guess my biggest question, which thus far has been unanswered by this thread, is why is benny enabled by the thread?

Benny is like SA's own little Ulillillia except that uli is a published author.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!

Queen Elizatits posted:

Benny is like SA's own little Ulillillia except that uli is a published author.

I was going to say, in his explanation of losing his job, Benny referred to an error "of which I took full responsibility for," which is a very Uli construction (he loves to use redundant prepositions).

Also Uli has had a job since like last Fall.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I don't think even Benny can be held responsible for the slowness of the Medicaid bureaucracy in processing his family's application. (Assuming we can take him at his word and that they really did apply a while back, as is my understanding. Which I'll grant you is one hell of an assumption.)

Benny, you should definitely mention your drowsiness to your doctor next time you see them. Do this instead of trying to 'fix' the problem yourself with caffeine.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Yeah sometimes those meds are affected badly by caffeine. How long have you been on them? Eventually the tiredness should go away if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Xenocides posted:

Benny, you were not fired for yawning. No one gets fired for just yawning. I yawn a lot more then most people and always have (not sure why) even when I am not tired. No one mentions it at work because I get stuff done. They added this to the list of reasons you were fired because you looked and acted tired and were slow and drowsy as you worked.

How much sleep are you getting a night?
I never said I was fired for yawning, I said it was one of the reasons he gave me when he fired me. I get 8 hours of sleep a day. The meds I'm taking are generics and the most affordable for the time being. I will talk to my psych about switching my meds to something that won't make me as drowsy. That's why I said I need to start drinking coffee. If it was a matter of getting enough sleep, I wouldn't be treating my drowsiness with caffeine. But it's not that, because 8 hours of sleep is enough sleep.

• Locked thread