Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Death Ray posted:

More from Weapon Brown! Here's the 4th newspaper/chapter break (featuring the Everett True reference that wouldn't have happened but for you all!:heysexy:

Awesome! Everett True sounds like he took some lessons from Mark Twain's "Journalism in Tennessee"!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Some goons just can't take a hint, can they?

Pfft, 10 million bucks. I thought this was about real money.

9 Chickweed Lane

Good plan. Trying to make sense of Brooke's attempt at anatomy will confuse the Germans for hours.

Pibgorn

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Dewgy posted:

Can I hate this, but still appreciate that he bothered to draw the little doodad for playing 45s?

You can hate the fact that he drew it to look like a swastika!

I'm even searching google right now and I can't find one with 4 arms. :hitler:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

I enjoy Classic Phantom. :)

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013
Did we go through all the Modesty Blaze strips? I was loving those!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Doc Ock looks like he doesn't even want those arms. So disdainful. Maybe he's escaping so he can become a plumber this time.

Penates were a type of god, not the name of a god! And that's not really what they were gods of! I find the assertions in this periodical quite dubious!

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

"A friend of mine has just been murdered. As you can tell from my expression, I am vaguely annoyed by this."

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech: We're assholes!

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

So the one interesting character just bowed out. Oh goody. And Peter Rabbit, who has nothing in his original stories to suggest he's a man of action, and who just had a spastic freakout, is still here. Wowsers.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Presto posted:

How the hell do Finnish children learn to speak Finnish? I mean, they'll want to say "Mommy, I need to go potty" but it'll probably end up something like "I like moose cheese under my scrotum".
To be fair, you'd rush your children to the nearest bathroom if they said either of those things.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man
Those criminals are awfully confident that Doc Ock is going to want to help them for some reason.

Beetle Bailey

Is that Chip Flagston?

Blondie

Why does the postman even come to the door? Isn't the mailbox at the end of the driveway?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail

Zzzzzzzzz...

Boy, I really hope no one notices the irony in retail workers who commit crimes looking down their noses at those lowly inventory workers who commit crimes!

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Skip doesn't even get those cool bandages with Power Rangers and Transformers and poo poo on them?

It's a prize... for eating the equivalent of half a pound of processed sugar.

Dustin

Christ, Dustin. You're way too soft. You're being jerked around by a drat six year old.

Curse my layabout son wasting money on frivolous things like car repairs!

On the Fastrack

Maybe you should port yourself to Linux where all the cool freeware hangs out.

Never heard that one before.

Safe Havens

How come the rat-flowers can talk but Sam had to use semaphore? Also those flowers are going to grow to monstrous size while you're away and go all Little Shop of Horrors on the lab.

Cleaning that tank must be a lot of fun.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I really loving hate Holbrook. Whatever happened to that person who was going through the archives of Kevin and Kell?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
That was Zereth and he's still here.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

You know, I really loving hate Holbrook. Whatever happened to that person who was going through the archives of Kevin and Kell?

I think he quit doing it because "gently caress Holbrook."

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Slylock knows that the pigeon will instinctively fly home. He suspects Smitty attached the ring to the bird's leg. A trip to Smitty's house proved Slylock correct.

Slylock Fox (November 2, 1996)

Point all you want, Shady just does not give a drat about your double jeopardy, Slylock.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Man I'm with shady on this one, who the gently caress takes a photo and makes a poster sized blowup of it the same morning.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

don Jaime posted:

So the one interesting character just bowed out. Oh goody. And Peter Rabbit, who has nothing in his original stories to suggest he's a man of action, and who just had a spastic freakout, is still here. Wowsers.

Anansi is still there and he's literally the best, though, so I'm not complaining.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

That was Zereth and he's still here.

Well then tell him to get back to it, because I don't have enough to be irrationally angry about in this thread. :argh:

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Never heard that one before.

I haven't either but it seems to me like it's probably just a take on the whole anti-vaccination thing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Some goons just can't take a hint, can they?

Pfft, 10 million bucks. I thought this was about real money.

You know, I don't think a lot of people comment on it, but Judge Parker is a legit good comic. I don't know when exactly that became the case, but I only started reading it because of this thread, and yeah: for a serial newspaper strip, the pacing is really well done.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

You know, I don't think a lot of people comment on it, but Judge Parker is a legit good comic. I don't know when exactly that became the case, but I only started reading it because of this thread, and yeah: for a serial newspaper strip, the pacing is really well done.

I was thinking to myself the other day that even if the characters are sort of insufferable, the art is nice and things are at least happening.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I kinda zoned out on it months back, when it was making the lumbering transition from Rich People Get Richer to some kind of spy drama. While the current strips are going nicely, yeah, I still don't really get how the balance of Dying Spy Dad in a War Zone and Rich People's Wedding came to be or why it lasted for months before things suddenly started happening.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Now if we only knew why she's being drugged.

Non Sequitur

Whatever.

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 5/30/2003

It's not you, Amos.

Zits

I mean, it makes sense. They're the people that have to look at you.

Kevin & Kell

Uh, right. :stare:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I decide to believe she's unemployed and that's just a random office.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Beetle Bailey

Is that Chip Flagston?

Yes, I believe Lois Flagston and Beetle Bailey are related.

Wanamingo posted:

Well then tell him to get back to it, because I don't have enough to be irrationally angry about in this thread. :argh:
I heard he died.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears

Gorp is an actual thing, but I only know this because of this trailer, which is on one of my many trashy movie trailer DVDs.

The Dinette Set

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I started wondering, what's the deal with The Dinette Set and read the wikipedia page:

quote:

Most of the humor in the strip comes from the shirts the characters are wearing and signs hanging in the background. The characters are usually wearing T shirts that have the name of a popular book or movie or TV show and then that say "on ice". (Example: The Jerk on Ice) Usually these pop culture references have never been performed on ice. A lot of times at least one of the characters have a coffee mug that says "shut up" on it. In the scenes in the dining room, there is a to do list hanging in the background for humor. The strip usually has an object hidden in the picture for the reader to find known as a "find it".

Okay!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Midnight Moth posted:

Boy, I really hope no one notices the irony in retail workers who commit crimes looking down their noses at those lowly inventory workers who commit crimes!

Unless you've worked in a big box retail environment this might not make sense to you. Some of my co-workers were a little on the trashy side, and even they would comment about certain inventory workers being scraped from the bottom of the barrel. Some would show up reeking of pot or alcohol, some would get led out of the store by police under mysterious circumstances. Almost every time we would find at least one person that completely made up inventory counts for their sections. I think Feuti nailed this aspect of the retail environment.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

On the other hand, I started reading it when the storyline was about some guy we never see again following his dream of making designer shoes.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

It's not just any Friday. Fok_It breaks tradition and looks beyond the weekend.

No Fingerpori today. I'd like to believe Jarla took a short break to come up with better jokes, but it's probably just an Ascension Thursday thing.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 30, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac blows. your. MIND.

The Creeps loses their lunch

Fun thing to notice: Fat Creep has lost his fingers in every single strip this week.

Broom Hilda at least it ain't the born loser.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That became the case incredibly recently. It's really only since the part of this storyline where the Garda brothers showed up.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

Or who she was, or who the woman drugging her was, or who the woman she was just talking on the phone to was, or whether this was a flashback, an event currently happening in the present, a dream or hallucination or the result of time travel. Or anything really. I can only follow this comic when it's directly about Jane, and then only usually.

Zereth posted:

Yes, I believe Lois Flagston and Beetle Bailey are related.
They are, but why would Chip be calling Beetle a jerk? What's he even doing out in the desert?

Kennel posted:

I started wondering, what's the deal with The Dinette Set and read the wikipedia page:
That is so great. It's like what one of the characters in the strip would write if they were describing it.

Stultus Maximus posted:

On the other hand, I started reading it when the storyline was about some guy we never see again following his dream of making designer shoes.
I think that guy'll be back. Or at least we'll find out what happened to him. He was dating Neddy, who's currently in Paris, but will presumably return at some point.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All I want to know is Where Was He Holding That Comix?

Pooch Café

And that's why the rabbit is in the League. He's a master of stealth and sleight-of-hand

Ballard Street

Those are some fine scale replica storage tanks. I like it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

I read that as vaguely threatening: COUNT ON IT!

Rex Morgan MD

As Hat Week wraps up, all hat-related tension has simply evaporated.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

^^^ Good Lord, they drugged that little girl to get her to keep that beret on. Just look at her face.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

Tiggum posted:

Or who she was, or who the woman drugging her was, or who the woman she was just talking on the phone to was, or whether this was a flashback, an event currently happening in the present, a dream or hallucination or the result of time travel. Or anything really. I can only follow this comic when it's directly about Jane, and then only usually.

Yeah, I'm convinced that Jane's World has become its own version of Rip Haywire, with lesbians. While Rip Haywire is constant rising action and climaxes with nothing else, Jane's World seems to have turned into constant rising action and nothing else. I'm guessing this vignette will be cut away from before it resolves meaningfully and we'll be on the next one.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

At last, the Bloom County/Mandrake The Magician cross-over begins!

The most immediately-interesting thing about John Connally is that he was riding in the car with JFK when that assassination took place. He was also fastidiously tidy about his personal appearance, which is a pretty terrible combo.

Calvin And Hobbes

Today's Today's DOGG will be another one spoilered for :nms: content.

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Everybody is an rear end in a top hat to Winnie the Pooh

Fun fact: The original strip actually features Pooh being an rear end in a top hat to Piglet. There are a lot of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 11, 1927)

Peanuts (June 2, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire Breezy: Avenging Ginger

• Locked thread