Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

That is one of the greatest taglines I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mister Blueberry posted:

Well, at least in my opinion, A dame to kill for is the best book, so we'll see...

Personally I wished that they had adapted to Hell and Back, if only for the drug scene.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

ruddiger posted:

It is absolute trash in the best way possible and that poster is so loving misleading, it may as well have wizards and dragons and poo poo on it. The whole movie's a day in the life of a ptsd vietnam vet who's unemployed, scummy as hell, and lives with his pregnant wife and mutant-baby. He has nam flashbacks while traversing 80s New York and the ending is one of the grossest things ever committed to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTH6ntY9IaE

It should also be noted that Troma only helped finance the completion and distribution of the movie. Buddy Giovanassi whipped this bad boy up all on his lonesome. This right here is guerilla filmmaking at it's nastiest.

If you're looking for a Troma war movie, there's this

which I haven't seen, but the trailer makes it look pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur0AWbj19_U

Oh man Combat Shock owns so loving hard.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Honestly I think both that poster and that description kinda mischaracterize Combat Shock. It's... really, really out of place in the Troma library, because holy loving christ it is not a fun movie. It's probably one of the most brutally nihilistic movies I've ever seen.

If you want a Troma Rambo movie, watch Troma's War. If you want Taxi Driver but even more hosed up and depressing, watch Combat Shock.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Combat Shock is, without a doubt, the finest film that Troma has ever distributed. It really makes you feel unclean.

Troma's WAR is funny, but like a lot of Troma's late 80s-early 90s output, it's about 20 minutes too long. Just make sure you don't see the R-Rated cut, it's completely eviscerated. When I was working at Troma a few years back, I was going through their basement and found a box labeled "WAR MPAA EDITS." In the box were a TON of film strips that, I guess, were cut out of the R rated version of the film. Sometimes, the things I found in that basement were pretty interesting.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
THANK YOU CindeDi. That is the movie that I watched as a teenager, ever since wondering what the gently caress that was. And later on not really wanting to put in relevant search words into Google.

Yeah, horrible thing, might be worth watching just for its horribleness (and if you got a stronger stomach than teenage me).

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Crossposting from the PYF GIF thread

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Bishop posted:

Crossposting from the PYF GIF thread

Rear Window and Dial M are great, are there any more?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ubergnu posted:

Please be as over the top noir pastiche good as the first one.

Edit: Might be in the best of the movie makers own interest to not screw this up, Alan Moore could set an Elder God after them otherwise.
It's a probability!

Alan Moore, who had nothing whatsoever to do with Sin City?

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Jedit posted:

Frank Miller. You know, I actually have the books in my bookshelf right next to me, so I really have no excuse.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's still a probability that Alan Moore would send an Elder God after them just for shits and giggles.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Combat Shock is, without a doubt, the finest film that Troma has ever distributed. It really makes you feel unclean.

Troma's WAR is funny, but like a lot of Troma's late 80s-early 90s output, it's about 20 minutes too long. Just make sure you don't see the R-Rated cut, it's completely eviscerated. When I was working at Troma a few years back, I was going through their basement and found a box labeled "WAR MPAA EDITS." In the box were a TON of film strips that, I guess, were cut out of the R rated version of the film. Sometimes, the things I found in that basement were pretty interesting.

What the hell, go write a thread. Tell us everything!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why does Sin City have Frank Miller mentioned twice in the title? This is the man whose last notable offering was Holy Terror, a comic where a poorly-drawn Not-Batman avenges 9/11.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

echoplex posted:

What the hell, go write a thread. Tell us everything!

I've been meaning to put together a Troma thread. Maybe I'll head back one day and take some pictures of the really cool stuff.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

I've been meaning to put together a Troma thread. Maybe I'll head back one day and take some pictures of the really cool stuff.

Please dear god do this as soon as you possibly can!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Why does Sin City have Frank Miller mentioned twice in the title? This is the man whose last notable offering was Holy Terror, a comic where a poorly-drawn Not-Batman avenges 9/11.

Writer and Director. Visionary.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Most apathetic superhero?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

He looks like Steve Nash but older.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Darthemed posted:

Most apathetic superhero?

a) drat, Shelley Long is still doing stuff?

b) Adam West and Stan Lee!

c) Still bored out of my skull for just seeing that.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

It's obvious why Adam West and Stan Lee would be featuring in a movie like that, but Diamond Dallas Page seems incredibly random casting. I'm sure he'll be just as good as all the other wrestlers who started acting, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Veib posted:

It's obvious why Adam West and Stan Lee would be featuring in a movie like that, but Diamond Dallas Page seems incredibly random casting. I'm sure he'll be just as good as all the other wrestlers who started acting, though.

Diamond Dallas Page was great in The Devil's Rejects.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheJoker138 posted:

Diamond Dallas Page was great in The Devil's Rejects.

Yeah, he's rad in it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
First bananaman, now pizza an, what's next? Cheeseman? Eggman? Souperman?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Frankie Muniz looks exactly the same as he did a decade ago. I'm also wondering why he's still getting work.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Frankie Muniz looks exactly the same as he did a decade ago. I'm also wondering why he's still getting work.

Well, we're being generous with the term 'work' here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought he was mostly retired from acting and spends his time racing cars.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
DDP is probably hired muscle for the bad guy. He's a pretty big dude, like 6'6.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I think that movie came out like 6 years ago, guys. Munez looks AWFUL now from drugs.

Edit- Okay it was 3 years ago. My point still stands, though.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
What happened here?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The evil sun is melting them?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
An amazing movie got a really strange poster, that's what happened. :v:

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I like the poster but the dvd art is poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is the sun Jack Nicholson wearing 3D glasses?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A completely different Combat Shock poster

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This looks like Donald Sutherland and Corey Feldman.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Rita Repulsa posted:

First bananaman, now pizza an, what's next? Cheeseman? Eggman? Souperman?

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

My sexual rights as having hot butt naked ladies standing all around me are protected. Thank you Souperman!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Slasherfan posted:

What happened here?

"We need to see the lead actors in close-up or else nobody will buy the DVD" happened.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Slasherfan posted:

What happened here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Don't let the French make your movie poster, especially if it's for your last movie.