Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falli Wagga
May 9, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Is there a handy list of very good mods around? Maybe throw it in the OP?

I'm an idiot and it's in the second post. So for anyone looking go there first.

Falli Wagga fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I would like to point out that the guild hopefully-soon-to-be-renamed-Space Jam has the best guild holo graphic:

Just flat out WRONG.

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I would like to point out that the guild hopefully-soon-to-be-renamed-Space Jam has the best guild holo graphic:

gently caress you, that drat song has been in my head all day. I'm insanely jelly, really.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

this game will be free to play in a week

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

panda clue posted:

With that many full servers I kind of doubt it.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ItBurns posted:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I actually rolled on an EU RP server cause it was the only one that was not german, french or constantly full. Well, it's not like there is much difference between a RP and a PvE server anyway in most MMOs, so I should be fine for now.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

ItBurns posted:

That's, not, did, you, but,

????

Feindfeuer posted:

I actually rolled on an EU RP server cause it was the only one that was not german, french or constantly full. Well, it's not like there is much difference between a RP and a PvE server anyway in most MMOs, so I should be fine for now.

If you aren't active in the Roleplay Scene (tm), the two main differences between RP servers and PVE servers are the presences of a) only one or two good raiding guilds, the consensus being the rest of the server is garbage loving shite at the actual game, and b) the occasional capital letter in public chat channels.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

panda clue posted:

So what you're saying is that :siren:Wildstar is the true WoW killer!:siren: ?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Hey if you were worried about FPS give the game a shot again because that hotfix they just did today upped my FPS by 10-20 - it's actually made the game run silky smooth for me now on my Early 2011 15 inch MacBook Pro on Bootcamp.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Full servers at launch headstart. Pack it up, blizz.

vvv I had some hubris and pita chips for lunch. It's p good, maybe try it. vvv

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Don't even say it. Hubris is the fall of many.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

ItBurns posted:

Full servers at launch headstart. Pack it up, blizz.

I think your sarcasm detector is broken (or nonexistent).

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Just had to say that both of these are pretty drat amazing :swoon:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So, my game has been working near flawlessly since launch, but like fifteen minutes ago, it has started crashing whenever I try to check my mail, vacuum loot, or call a quest in. Does anyone have any idea why?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Totally worth the money

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Totally worth the money

God, you look like steven king from creepshow

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Well, that certainly took long for the no clothes costumes to show up.

And "official" launch day isn't even here :catstare:

Popoto fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 1, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

StarMinstrel posted:

That is the collectors edition costume, so yeah you're actually going to see people wearing it :siren:SHOCKER!:siren:

Also timg is your friend dumbfucks.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I really wish that they would have temporally increased the spawn rate of mobs. Trying to do the carnage quest for the monkeys is stupidly hard with everyone camping the spawns for the quest.

It is nice seeing all these people in game. I had to stop playing right after I got level 11, needed to go to bed after that though. Stupid job!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That is the collectors edition costume, so yeah you're actually going to see people wearing it :siren:SHOCKER!:siren:

Wait so, the collector's edition costume is barely nude with metal garments? Uh... Ok.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mad Wack posted:

Hey if you were worried about FPS give the game a shot again because that hotfix they just did today upped my FPS by 10-20 - it's actually made the game run silky smooth for me now on my Early 2011 15 inch MacBook Pro on Bootcamp.

This is good news for two of my friends who are trying to run the game on similar setups I'll pass on the info. I've been running the game on ultra with perfect fps on my three year old PC but I'm getting a lot of random artifacts and objects tearing around.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

StarMinstrel posted:

My avatar is more correct. For example,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

StarMinstrel posted:

Wait so, the collector's edition costume is barely nude with metal garments? Uh... Ok.

There's some pants in it that character isn't wearing, but mostly.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

StarMinstrel posted:

Various abandoned Eldan facilities on Nexus are making clones of everything nearby and cyborging them with Eldan tech. The devs took the same stuff the clones wear and made it into the collector's edition costume. Always struck me as a little lazy but meh, whatever.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

Aphrodite posted:

There's some pants in it that character isn't wearing, but mostly.

The pants are the worst part of the costume anyway

El Pato
Jul 2, 2007

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Are we in Warbringer now? Weren´t we in Pergo last night?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

My image doesn't break the forums unless you view them on a 1024x768 in which case you deserve a scroll bar.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Candy Dawn posted:

Still can't get in as of this morning I keep getting some error "no valid wildstar game account found for the north america datacenter" that keeps hopping from europe to the US. Anyone else having this problem =(

Had this all day and yesterday.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
gently caress, I still don't know what class I want as my main.

I like the idea of being stealth in PvP and loving with people. But I also like shooting things, and healing things, and tanking things too! This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Koth posted:

gently caress, I still don't know what class I want as my main.

I like the idea of being stealth in PvP and loving with people. But I also like shooting things, and healing things, and tanking things too! This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

I bought this game on a whim and know nothing about anything, but the warrior vid that told me I could be a professional wrestler stole my heart.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE
Has anyone had any issues with the "Show and Tell" quest in Galeras? It's the one where you have to scare the airplane pilot into giving up information but I can't interact with him at all.

HFGoliath fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 1, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Holyshoot posted:

Totally worth the money