Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Two handed halberd swings, much like two handed ultra geatswords, are unparryable.

That's why you can't parry them.

Their weapon, the Archdrake Mace, is actually classified as a Greathammer. I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Soul appease is my new best friend, nobody ever sees it coming and just get wrecked.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the meaning of the current thread title? Not really getting what's so peculiar about the Shrine of Amana?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Some see it as the worst place in the game. That's why I enjoy invading it a lot.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Red Crown posted:

Their weapon, the Archdrake Mace, is actually classified as a Greathammer. I have no idea why.

I think it's just supposed to be a really light Greathammer.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mans posted:

What's the meaning of the current thread title? Not really getting what's so peculiar about the Shrine of Amana?

I thought it was a play on the "Thanks, Obama" meme (does it count as a meme?) v:shobon:v It rhymes anyway.

e: Also related; best Dark Souls mod:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 1, 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nashandra's portrait in Drangleic Castle is there just to curse you and let you know there's something up with her right? There's nothing more than that?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

teh_Broseph posted:

Had a blast in DS1 doing things out of order; finished up NG+ on my first char so time to start that.

Level 49, haven't completed FoFG or No Man's Wharf, and about ready to fire infuse a BKH and poison a Ricard's -

:unsmigghh:

Went quickly through Heide's->Copse->Valley->Iron Keep->Shaded Woods->Shaded Ruins

Had to jump into FoFG for the blacksmith key cause I wasn't doing poo poo for damage against the Skellie Lords, upped a morningstar to +3 with the souls from Heide's and it wrecked 'em. Picked up Ricard's and a fragrant branch in the Copse, a poison stone in the Valley, the ember in the keep, Chloranthy +1 in the Woods, and the BKH in the Ruins - now I'm ready to start the game! I'll drop down to the salamander area for the fire stone and be ready for infusions as soon as I hit the Bastille. Get rekt, game.

My rush poison Ricard's and fire BKH run is goin great! The moveset range between 1 and 2 handing the halberd with offhand rapier rocks. 2 handing with the Stone ring staggers bout errything. Big damage on the right, quick poison pokes in the left. Been a lot more comfy in PvP over my great sword/pyro first character and won a lot more bellbro/invasion fights. Dual wielding is working out how I wanted it to soon as I got the tracers in DS1. Only downsides are the BKH starting to lose some steam once I made it back to Iron Keep since I can't find twinkling to upgrade it and guhhhh trying to pump the stats to power stance is hurting a bit in other areas.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Mans posted:

This thread used to be nothing but pages upon pages of "SHRINE SUCKS" and "SHRINE'S FINE GIT GUD"

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Your Computer posted:

I thought it was a play on the "Thanks, Obama" meme (does it count as a meme?) v:shobon:v It rhymes anyway.

e: Also related; best Dark Souls mod:

It has been ported to DS2 as well! http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/51/

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Thread title's fine, git gud casul title reader!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Hope Miyazaki's back in charge for the next thread title.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Am I the only one who needs help with the run to Executioner's? No summon signs whatsoever.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

killstealing posted:

Am I the only one who needs help with the run to Executioner's? No summon signs whatsoever.

Seems like, why what is the problem. And please this isn't a HUR get gud scrub type post. Like where do you keep dying? I always tend to most of the time make it to the bridge.

I might get smacked or two depending on if I can outrun the one phantom who drops in front of me near the beginning of the bridge.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

killstealing posted:

I just run past them and then jump to the ledge with the items near the fog door.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shindragon posted:

Seems like, why what is the problem. And please this isn't a HUR get gud scrub type post. Like where do you keep dying? I always tend to most of the time make it to the bridge.

I might get smacked or two depending on if I can outrun the one phantom who drops in front of me near the beginning of the bridge.

Well I can usually beat the red phantoms by pulling them but they still 1-shot me with the staff spinny thing.

Iretep posted:

I just run past them and then jump to the ledge with the items near the fog door.

I'll try this since they have no ranged attack

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Iretep posted:

Yeah but then jumping back is hard as poo poo. :smith:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I jumped to the left because I suck at making jumps. Pressing the move stick? really?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
You can change jumping back to the Dark Souls 1's style if you want, though both kind of suck and I think the left stick press is the lesser of two evils.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
If you can tear yourself away from the controller, it's actually easy as poo poo to land jumps with M+KB. :ssh:

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

killstealing posted:

I jumped to the left because I suck at making jumps. Pressing the move stick? really?

Change it to the button press I did it pretty early on and it rules a lot.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

killstealing posted:

Means that now you can roll while sprinting, which is nice. In DS1 I died a few times because I'd try to roll while sprinting and would leap instead.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

killstealing posted:

My first death was right after reading the tutorial message on how to jump. I was like "Shut up, game, I know how to jump" and then I plopped into the darkness.

You can change it back.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Fuzz posted:

Yeah but then jumping back is hard as poo poo. :smith:

It's not too bad, I tend to angle the jump, that way when I roll onto the bridge, I either have enough space to roll or a roll to the tiled floor.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I really don't like pressing in the analog stick for jumping, but when I changed it back to the DS1 version I was having a huge problem of failing jumps altogether when I'd end up rolling off of cliffs instead. It feels like the timing has changed. The new way is at least safer because you can jump immediately after beginning to sprint.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Mans posted:

The thread was split between "wading through a ton of slowing water and sniping all the casters everywhere one by one is tedious as hell" and "GAME IS PERFECT SHUT UP".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shindragon posted:

It's not too bad, I tend to angle the jump, that way when I roll onto the bridge, I either have enough space to roll or a roll to the tiled floor.

I invariably just hit the edge of the bridge and then fall straight down.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Got the run down, time to get an ally for chariot because gently caress doing that fight alone again

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't like playing bull with the chariot? :getin:

I mean there are few strats to taking it down. Granted one of them takes a bit if your DEX sucks.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
I've run into a bit of a philosophical conundrum regarding Bluecop invasions. Say I crush an orb, and I get summoned to the belltowers. Am I justified in hunting down the bellbros first, or does my mark take precedence? In essence, is it more important to deliver retribution to crimes past, or to stop crimes currently in progress? However, if Drangleic allows "stand your ground" laws, then the bellkeepers are perfectly justified in defending their property...

...I'm too far gone. This is the only life I've ever known, and I've walked the beat so long that saint and sinner have lost all meaning. My duty is to the law, and all who stand in my way will face divine judgement and my righteous fury. Umbasa.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Sigh, just sat down at a bonfire on my NG+ no bonfire attempt. Wasn't even meaningful, I stood up after a death and sat back down. Dumbest poo poo ever.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

After a decent break to clear my head I went back to Darklurker today (I'd previously burned through all my Human Effigies, mostly dying to the stupid abyss phantoms) and finally beat it. I think it really ended up being the hardest boss in the game for me, mostly because even once I knew how to avoid all its attacks, I would keep screwing up once it splits apart. Three times I had it down to one hit and once I even died WHILE landing the final blow. But it's finally done and now I can truly feel like I'm done with this game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shindragon posted:

Don't like playing bull with the chariot? :getin:

I mean there are few strats to taking it down. Granted one of them takes a bit if your DEX sucks.

Oh yeah I've been doing the fight a lot but my controller is acting up (randomly lowers shield when I block).

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm trying to get a bloodied whip in NG. I farmed the two whip carrying torturers until they didn't respawn. I tried to use an ascetic on the bridge approach bonfire but the game told me I had to kill the area boss first. So I went and cut down the skeleton lords, doubled back to the bridge approach, used the ascetic, and the torturers aren't back. Are these assholes controlled by the undead purgatory bonfire?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

killstealing posted:

Oh yeah I've been doing the fight a lot but my controller is acting up (randomly lowers shield when I block).

Ah, that sucks. I can't blame ya for that.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm trying to get a bloodied whip in NG. I farmed the two whip carrying torturers until they didn't respawn. I tried to use an ascetic on the bridge approach bonfire but the game told me I had to kill the area boss first. So I went and cut down the skeleton lords, doubled back to the bridge approach, used the ascetic, and the torturers aren't back. Are these assholes controlled by the undead purgatory bonfire?

Yup.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

God drat everything.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Decided to start my morning with some bridge dueling action, and what do I see lying in the middle of the bridge, in my world, before I've even connected to anyone? Piles and piles of 98 Souls of Brave Warriors. I delete the stack I pick up, and drop my red sign.

The next few fights led me to believe that, maybe, just maybe, others might have put those souls to use on their characters.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I am 99% sure I have parried an archdrake.

I tried parrying them with a Monastery Scimitar for a while and couldn't. I also tried blocking their attacks with a Watcher's Shield, which rings every time a parryable attack is blocked, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Domattee posted:

This thread used to be nothing but pages upon pages of "SHRINE SUCKS" and "SHRINE'S FINE GIT GUD"

The good ol' days of the thread :allears: