Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
A vote against Pass is codeword for being Anti-Wight

also i really don't want to keep making ironic white power posts please vote pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011
Jump Up since its slightly less boring than dodge.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Changing my vote from leap to Pass

Because look how good Mr Hadwick turned out.

Also, re passblock: This match shows it off in all its glory.
Fuckin rats, man.
Admittedly both these teams are more elfy (and we have seen neither in the LP yet). But it is amazing and may have made me a little mad at bloodbowl at the time.

Also, Bloodbowl is won or lost on your chat behaviour (plus it is way less painful to have all your mens removed when the other person talks)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Changing my vote from Scooby-Doo to Ra's Al

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Pass

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Keep Pelvis, at least until he gets an actual serious injury, Jump Up on Wight Power, and Victor Von Ghoul for our new recruit.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Ah, what the heck. I know a good name when I see it.

Change my vote from Fozzy Osbourne to Ra's al Ghoul.

Riders of Brohan
Mar 31, 2011

Rogue0071 posted:

Jump up

Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep

This

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
Keep the player. Until he's redead, the niggling doesn't matter for a zombie.

Jump up, because jump up piling on is just too much fun (and getting murdered before completing the skills for the combo is even more fun). Picking wacky skills is more fun once you have a more solid base to the team anyway, so you have more opportunity to be wacky with said skills.

I like the names, but just to throw an option that'll never get picked, Super Ghostin is a good name for a ghoul, especially if he can get shadow or pass block or something.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Jump Up

Ghouls Verne

Keep forever

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Changing my vote from leap to Pass

Because look how good Mr Hadwick turned out.

Also, re passblock: This match shows it off in all its glory.
Fuckin rats, man.
Admittedly both these teams are more elfy (and we have seen neither in the LP yet). But it is amazing and may have made me a little mad at bloodbowl at the time.

Also, Bloodbowl is won or lost on your chat behaviour (plus it is way less painful to have all your mens removed when the other person talks)

I remember that game :allears:

I don't remember, didn't that guy end up having like, 4+ interceptions?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

I remember that game :allears:

I don't remember, didn't that guy end up having like, 4+ interceptions?

Just the two. Which were both in two tackle zones. And both resulted in me not getting a TD and you getting one.

The second one was probably more annoying. I actually meant to pass before I moved up, where I would've been safe from pass block. The first I legit forgot about Passblock and REALLY wanted that SPP.
Since my Dancers had both decided to nap by that point, I just said gently caress it, and threw the pass anyway. With predictable results.
It was hella frustrating. But also hillarious.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I mean 4+ as in, needs 4+ to intercept.

I know 4 agi gives 5+ interceptions, and VLL would make it a 4+. I can't remember who had VLL though, if anybody. Somebody had leap and VLL? god I don't remember that team at all except Johnny.

Some of the games in that LP were just amazing, but I think that was the single most frustrating ogre game I have ever played in that LP.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I don't recall him having VLL. Maybe though. Too lazy to rewatch. They were both in 2 TZs so 6+ anyhow. Of course, Rats, so roll 6s win games.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Pass Because it's a runaway and because gently caress you.

Ellie Ghoulding

Fire

Make it so

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Pass because you'll get murder-wolves anyway, and they are better at it anyway.

Keep

That game is pretty much the Goblin ExperienceTM. Agent, your Bombardier is pretty amazing, it's too bad he didn't get to put in some more work.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Take Pass
Keep the niggled player because lol.
No preference on the ghoul name.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
I figure I might as well cast a vote here and give a little reasoning too.

Jump Up is the way to go simply because it's something that will be used on a regular basis and make the team better and more fun to watch through copious punchitude. Pass, while it may come in handy every once in a while, is unlikely to actually see much use or change the way that the team plays. The wights are far too useful on the front lines to be ball carriers, and the Ghoul is not only more mobile but harder to knock over (and more important to protect), so having a Pass Wight makes it unlikely that he's suddenly becoming our ball carrier or that we're going to turn into a passing game Necromantic team. That said, I'll absolutely advocate Pass as a badass Ghoul skill. I have a Necromantic team with a Pass + Accurate Ghoul and a +Agility Werewolf, and it's ridiculous. It's just not a great Wight skill.

Also, keep Pelvis and no name preference.

NO FUN ZONE
Oct 1, 2013

:rznv: :rznv: :rznv:

AJ_Impy posted:

Jump Up, let's build ourselves a murderwight.

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Keep the zombie. He's a rotting corpse, it's not as if we check them out for physical injuries.

:bandwagon:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Jump Up because murder. Keep pelvis because erectile dysfunction jokes.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Another vote tally because I have a feeling it's still really close, I might have to put an actual time limit instead of just "like 24 hours from now"

Wight Power's Level
Pass - 23
Jump Up - 21
Dodge - 6
Leap - 1
Leader - 1
Diving Catch - 1

New Ghoul Name
Ra's al - 12
Just Wanna Have Fun - 8
(Vincent/Victor) (Von/*nothing*) Ghoul(Forit/*nothing*) - 3
Perils Of The Flesh - 2
Richard Upton Pinkman - 2
Not Blanka - 1
Bloods Mackenzie - 1
Super Ghostin - 1
Ghouls Verne - 1
Ellie Ghoulding - 1

Pelvis Costello's Fate
Keep clearly wins, not going to keep tallying

Just to make a point because a lot of people are talking in extremes, just because a player gets a skill doesn't mean I'm going to conform completely to their skillset. If the new Wight gets Jump Up I'm not going to run him around like a hypermurder wolf 100%. On the flip side, giving him Pass won't make him into the primary ballcarrier and gunslinger all of a sudden. Sure, I'm going to be well aware of my team composition and I'll totally alter my playstyle if one player is better suited for a task than another, but the idea is that I'll play with the skills the team is given, not as a slave to them.

I'm also trying to stay completely impartial this time. For the previous levelups (especially the wolf level), picking the right skill was crucial to building a team that can be successful as we keep playing. A Wight is already very good at his job, and while some skills can make him better, he doesn't have that essential need that, say, a skilless Flesh Golem needs. But, like I said in the OP, the point here is to take my hands off the roster and let you all build the team however you want. I can work with Pass, and I can work with Jump Up. I can also work with Dodge, and even Leader or Diving Catch. I can't work with +AV though, gently caress that forever.

Also, just want to point out, you know poo poo's getting real because uPen actually voted for a non-joke skill

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Also, double posting to call out to the people who I've skipped over on the Challenge Waiting list, if/when the team reaches a TV that you want to play against let me know ASAP so I can go to you first. The team is about to be 1300 TV or so (totally guessing) and as of right now I don't have a set opponent so even if you wanna play right now let me know however

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You give that Wight Pass.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
Jump Up, fall down.

Also I wanna second Elie Ghoulding

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Seven Deadly Sins posted:

Jump Up is the way to go simply because it's something that will be used on a regular basis and make the team better and more fun to watch through copious punchitude. Pass, while it may come in handy every once in a while, is unlikely to actually see much use or change the way that the team plays. The wights are far too useful on the front lines to be ball carriers, and the Ghoul is not only more mobile but harder to knock over (and more important to protect), so having a Pass Wight makes it unlikely that he's suddenly becoming our ball carrier or that we're going to turn into a passing game Necromantic team. That said, I'll absolutely advocate Pass as a badass Ghoul skill. I have a Necromantic team with a Pass + Accurate Ghoul and a +Agility Werewolf, and it's ridiculous. It's just not a great Wight skill.

That's great and all but this is a democracy LP and if this team isn't a broken and tormented shell of poor skill choices and contradictory stat-ups by the end, then goons have failed. :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jump Up. Pass is really boring.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Pass. Remember when the goon mind gave an unskilled beastman strong arm as his first skill? Remember how poorly that turned out? Stupid skill choices is the hallmark of bloodbowl LP's and bring Nuffle's favor.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

pass

I actually really really like building my wights as more utility than pure murder. I have a wolf to be the murdermachine, let the wights be utility, blodge, guard sort of jerks. Pass works nicely into that.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Give the Wight Jump Up. Wights are best used at punching and being punched, and this is a rare opportunity to murder people from the ground.

Don't you want our wights to be able to master the art of Cross Counter? :colbert:

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
lets get some 3 agi Passing going on in this team.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fumbles posted:

Give the Wight Jump Up. Wights are best used at punching and being punched, and this is a rare opportunity to murder people from the ground.

Don't you want our wights to be able to master the art of Cross Counter? :colbert:

Except we have wolves for murder. Wights are good out of the box at murder. They don't need help. A passing game though means he has a lot more options whne the ball inevitably scatters to his wights.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Pass.

Everyone knows Wight boys can't jump.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Ablative posted:

Pass.

Everyone knows Wight boys can't jump.

YESSSS!!!!!

This thread is now complete.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Changing my vote from Dodge to Jump Up. I find the CAS sound very satisfying. Pass won't give us any more of that.

AecTalek
Mar 14, 2010
Gonna have to vote for Pass , because I think it'll be more interesting.

Maekrix Waere
Jul 10, 2010
Well, I can see the way this is going. I guess I'll change my vote from Diving Catch to Jump Up. It's not as interesting a skill as I'd like, but at least its not Pass.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The end result here is whether or not you're a funhaver. Funhavers would choose pass. :colbert:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The end result here is whether or not you're a funhaver. Funhavers would choose pass. :colbert:

I don't know, murder can be pretty fun.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

apostateCourier posted:

I don't know, murder can be pretty fun.

Exactly this. There are exponentially more annoying players that need to die out there than there are on this team. Anything which might help shorten their lives makes for great viewing. We want blood. This is Blood Bowl. Jump Up means more punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
Sticking with Dodge because the boring choices are the good ones. :colbert:

• Locked thread