Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Cephid posted:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked; I skimmed the last 12~ or so pages as this thread was moving decently over the weekend and I slacked on keeping up.

I was tinkering with the commodities exchange over the weekend and noticed that what I was paying for materials is not what the price was. When I went and ran a few tests, using the lowest level wood (knotwood?), the price would be around 2s39c but my overall cost was 7s39c. If I purchased more than one the extra cost seemed to roughly hover around the same 5s penalty for purchasing off the exchange. Is it charging me for the benefit of receiving mail instantly? Or is there an actual buyers tax that is inversely related to the amount you purchase? Or is this just a bug?
There's a 5 silver tax on every transaction, although I don't think this tax exists on fulfilling buy orders for some reason, or at least I never noticed it.

Libertine posted:

The Commodities Exchange house seems really loving buggy and weird. Someone else posted I think that it was showing incorrect bid amounts for them and I had a few issues trying to sell my unwanted gathering stuff as well, I kept having to basically manually set sell price on everything after checking via the buy window because the sell window wasn't actually showing the correct market rates for the things.
The UI is just a giant pile of poo poo For example, if one person has a buy order for one cloth the UI will claim there are at least 50 cloth being sold when you hover over the little 'i' circle. If you try to sell more items than being sold at the price being shown you're not allowed to sell the items, instead of fulfilling up to the number being sold. For example, somebody is buying 25 cloth at 1 silver, you try to sell 50 cloth at 1 silver. Instead of just selling 25 cloth and telling you there are no more buy orders at the price, it just says there are no buy orders at all. It's really confusing.

Compare this to GW2 where you can see every price a commodity is being sold/bought, the total number at each price point, and the total number of items being sold/bought. When you buy or sell it shows you exactly what price points you're hitting. For example, let's say there are 10 cloth being sold for 1 silver and 10 cloth being sold for 99 copper and you want to sell 20 cloth. You open the trading post, pick the item from the inventory, choose 20 to sell, it picks the best price first, and when that runs out it picks the next best price automatically. You instantly see that you'll be buying at 1 silver and also at 99 copper, and you'll see exactly how much you'll be making on the sale minus fees.

The worst part of the UI is how you type in gold amounts. I may make myself look like an idiot, maybe there's a way to do this, but I can't find a way to just type into the gold/silver field. Instead, you start at copper and work your way up. Want to set your buy/sell order to 1 gold? You'll be typing in 10000 or some such instead of just selecting the gold field and typing in 1. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to type in 1 gold 5 silver because it always ended up being 1 gold 50 silver. Turns out I had to type 10500 or something like that to get the price I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Aphrodite posted:

That's what Scientists get on their path? That sounds horrible.

Science is all about floating down the river with the current, waving at the mutant alligators while your drone rushes from shore to shore scanning the flora. Science is about launching a taunting hologram of yourself to distract monkeys while you shove scanning probes in places they won't appreciate in the morning, while hologrammed up in a snazzy bio/space suit. Science is about repeatedly sending your drone flunky in to trigger spiky cacti and exploding barrels just in case something different will happen the 20th time. :science:!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Yaos posted:

The worst part of the UI is how you type in gold amounts. I may make myself look like an idiot, maybe there's a way to do this, but I can't find a way to just type into the gold/silver field. Instead, you start at copper and work your way up. Want to set your buy/sell order to 1 gold? You'll be typing in 10000 or some such instead of just selecting the gold field and typing in 1. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to type in 1 gold 5 silver because it always ended up being 1 gold 50 silver. Turns out I had to type 10500 or something like that to get the price I wanted.
I really don't understand why we're on a gold standard in the space future. I get the logistical reasons for a smaller currency standard because typing out 80,000 credits or something might get old but it still makes me wonder (especially when you have to type it out anyway on the brokers). I guess with all the Space Hillbillies we actually are living in the Ron Paulniverse.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

bagrada posted:

Science is all about floating down the river with the current, waving at the mutant alligators while your drone rushes from shore to shore scanning the flora. Science is about launching a taunting hologram of yourself to distract monkeys while you shove scanning probes in places they won't appreciate in the morning, while hologrammed up in a snazzy bio/space suit. Science is about repeatedly sending your drone flunky in to trigger spiky cacti and exploding barrels just in case something different will happen the 20th time. :science:!

See this is what I want! I got all worried about missing out on jumping puzzles and had this strange idea that the transponder was some sort of god-ability. I now see that being a mad scientist who can summon a horde of goons at will to destroy any exiles who step to me is the True Path.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
I seem to have arrived at my level of incompetence quite early in this game. Through level 9 I seldom died. Now at level 10 (Exile Engineer) it is not an exaggeration to say I seldom go 10 minutes without dying. It is almost always adds which were not visible at the start or else this swarm of insects attack which has me dead before I can dodge out of it. The generous scattering of elites, the ones with the two horns on their icons, throughout the open areas doesn't help either.

Someone please tell me 10 is a weak level for engineers and it will get better!

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

WarLocke posted:

In fact I'm kind of impressed at how it seems like (so far at least) there's really no way to 'miss' things or lock yourself out of completing something. As long as you keep plugging away at SOMETHING you can eventually get that zone completion number to 100%, and this makes my inner achievement babby happy.

There are some missable things; at least the Exile starting zone had a "Get hit by falling snow"-achievement, and there's a quest to turn off a tower causing the blizzard in the area. I turned the blizzard off and noticed the achievement after that; can't get it anymore, since I don't get the avalanches anymore.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
How do people like their chosen Paths? I'm playing Settler which I enjoy but I don't want to do the same Path on all my alts.

I've helped out in a in a few Soldier waves, and those seem pretty cool.

I like the idea of a Scientist Engineer because you get the scanner bot following you around and I love a pet harem. But I'm not sure how fun being a Scientist is. It seems like a lot of scanning and reading lore.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nakar posted:

The fee also doesn't scale down at all, to the point where it seems like you can get in a situation where the listing fee is higher than what you can expect to be paid for the item. So... why would you ever list it?
You should be getting a flat percentage of what you make taken out as the fee on selling items, if I understand the popups correctly. So you shouldn't get paid out zero for an item you sell, and if it doesn't sell you shouldn't get a fee. I think the 5s fee on buy orders is to discourage people flooding the market with dumb buy orders nobody will fill. That should NOT be active on Buy Now in my opinion, so if I can confirm that is happening I'm going to raise a stink about it (and you should too).

edit: This seems to confirm your findings:
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59577-commodities-exchange-issues/

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 2, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tokaii posted:

I seem to have arrived at my level of incompetence quite early in this game. Through level 9 I seldom died. Now at level 10 (Exile Engineer) it is not an exaggeration to say I seldom go 10 minutes without dying. It is almost always adds which were not visible at the start or else this swarm of insects attack which has me dead before I can dodge out of it. The generous scattering of elites, the ones with the two horns on their icons, throughout the open areas doesn't help either.

Someone please tell me 10 is a weak level for engineers and it will get better!

I played an engineer to 12 for fun and I felt they were really powerful the whole time. You do absurd amounts of AoE damage and can press button to poo poo out lots of damage for 10 seconds. You also get a pet with a taunt that lets you dps unmolested for 4 seconds and then can stun them to continue DPSing them.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

Koth posted:

How do people like their chosen Paths? I'm playing Settler which I enjoy but I don't want to do the same Path on all my alts.

I like the idea of a Scientist Engineer because you get the scanner bot following you around and I love a pet harem. But I'm not sure how fun being a Scientist is. It seems like a lot of scanning and reading lore.

I'm playing as a scientist engineer and it's a blast. I'm only a few hours into the game but I was able to unlock a secret area for my path and it was a cool little detour. The scanner bot looks neat, too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Koth posted:

It’s not as fun as I made it sound but it is still pretty good so far. The skills are pretty good. The taunting hologram distraction when landed on a mob means you can walk right up to it. I’ve used it for safe scanning as intended (they otherwise aggro), for walking past monsters in a tight area, for mining/relics or using a clicky quest item right next to one, and so on. I need to test it more on higher level monsters and elites, but it is pretty useful and on a relatively short cooldown.

The science quests in Deradune include: find every datacube, scan lots of four or five subsets of plants (easy but tedious), scan a couple of types of animals like the monkeys (alive or dead), and scan a bunch of machines to see if they are working. All in quest areas you are passing through anyway. The lore bit afterwards is a notation in your journal saying stuff like “The machines broke down, need to call in a maintenance team.” Though I think there’s one bit where you get some eldan holograms to pop up and give some lore speeches; that may have been a normal quest though.

I have a followup now that I finished all the plant scans in the zone to go somewhere to do testing on plant parts, haven’t tried that yet. You get a whopping 1 point of path xp for scanning the data cubes with your bot rather than clicking on them (and thus can activate them from range). You can customize your bot which I just unlocked, but haven’t found any parts to do so.

Other perks include activating a short duration healing dome in places inside some eldan ruins, and giving yourself temporary buffs after checking out crystals in a mine or those tornado lifts (slow fall and high jump for 20 seconds) in birdpeople country. Lots of little stuff that makes it neat. I haven’t seen much as explorer yet (the explorer's auran shrine info seemed more lore nerdy than the science stuff so far), and haven’t tried the other 2, but I’ve convinced two of my friends who were avoiding it to try it out. I'm hoping the other 3 are as detailed.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Koth posted:

How do people like their chosen Paths?

My first was a Settler/Engineer, and while Engineer was going okay by level 15 and mostly through Deradune I had deeply regretted picking Settler. Towns are suddenly full of little right click icons to "repair" things, which is kinda nifty except they turn back into a junk pile relatively quickly. So every time you come back to said town shits broken again, and my desire to right click on it for +5 rep evaporated quickly. The "building" mechanic is also pretty lame: the overworld has a bunch of resource nodes you have to run up on and wait for a 1-1.5s gathering bar to fill, then later you can spend those at a terminal to put up a 10% HP buff station for 10 minutes. It was extraordinarily tedious, and even my plan of copious cannabis consumption plan did little to stave off boredom. Pointless proletariat path, F-.

Started up a Soldier/Warrior, and got exactly what I expected: missions where you have to kill mans. Sometimes in waves, sometimes they give you stuff to kill mans with, sometimes you find some random item sitting around in a chest you can use to kill more mans. Maybe you wanna go kill one specific man. You can kill all the mans on the way to him, we're not very picky about all the killing. Seems like the easy path to pick on alts when you really just want to get them to 50.

I haven't put in enough effort to Explorer and Scientist to get a good handle on them yet, though I find it funny that while I avoided Scientist at first thinking it would just be a lot of "oh hey there's something I can right click on, I'ma do that" Settler was by far the worse "right click 9000 things and wait between each one" class.

Fake edit: I would love for people who are enjoying Settler to tell me what they like about it. I thought the building would be neat but with how ephemeral everything is with it I was underwhelmed to the max.

Max Peck posted:

Ignore the nodes, you can get all the settler materials you need from just killing poo poo. Except for stuff for the big projects, but I'm mostly ignoring those anyway.

I am bad at ignoring gathering things. I recognize this is a personal failing, but if I'm already gathering SOME resources I feel compelled to click them all. That I couldn't even vendor the extra ones later was the real slap in the face of it all.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Unlucky7 posted:

So do I need to worry about role players in Evindra? I would like to chill too.

There's no RPing in zone chat. I have as of yet seen exactly 0 RP anywhere.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

GaylordButts posted:

Fake edit: I would love for people who are enjoying Settler to tell me what they like about it. I thought the building would be neat but with how ephemeral everything is with it I was underwhelmed to the max.
I enjoy it because it's pretty easy to do and I don't have to give a poo poo about it. But Soldier is pretty much the same from what I saw of it in beta.

The free mailbox is also pretty nice.

EDIT: Also Dominion Settlers get the title "Erector." Hee hee.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

So do I need to worry about role players in Evindra? I would like to chill too.

Let's not foster some ridiculous concept that ignorable RP is somehow more oppressive than actual PvP that can prevent you from progressing through quest hubs (which isn't even that big of a problem anyway). I'm sorry if playing an mmo somehow reveals to you the depths of the depravity of the populace that plays the game but being concerned about it to an extent where it actively destroys your experience seems absurd to me.

Is it awful that ERPers exist? Yes. Do they actively do anything that prevents you from enjoying the game barring you take a physical or mental step to block their actions from your notice? No. Unless their presence somehow bothers you, but like, that seems like a personal problem at that level.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

GaylordButts posted:

the overworld has a bunch of resource nodes you have to run up on and wait for a 1-1.5s gathering bar to fill

Ignore the nodes, you can get all the settler materials you need from just killing poo poo. Except for stuff for the big projects, but I'm mostly ignoring those anyway.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zoness posted:

Let's not foster some ridiculous concept that ignorable RP is somehow more oppressive than actual PvP that can prevent you from progressing through quest hubs (which isn't even that big of a problem anyway). I'm sorry if playing an mmo somehow reveals to you the depths of the depravity of the populace that plays the game but being concerned about it to an extent where it actively destroys your experience seems absurd to me.

Is it awful that ERPers exist? Yes. Do they actively do anything that prevents you from enjoying the game barring you take a physical or mental step to block their actions from your notice? No. Unless their presence somehow bothers you, but like, that seems like a personal problem at that level.

I just wanted to know that if me not wanting to RP will be disruptive to other players and vice versa. That is it...

Edit: I mean up until now I avoided RP servers because I did not have an interest in RP. Therefore I play somewhere else. Nothing against those who did. To me it is like that part in Rejected where a guy walks into a Silly Hats party.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 2, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

I just wanted to know that if me not wanting to RP will be disruptive to other players and vice versa. That is it...

Yeah after making that post I remembered there being RP rules for some shards in Rift that prevented players/guilds having certain names which was the only time i've seen being an RP server be relevant. I certainly haven't read up on whether or not there are RP realm rules for Wildstar, but I can't imagine them being anything more than name restrictions.

But then someone posted this:

quote:

(5:49:50 PM) Gr3y_Woik: BelZoness: we have a duder named Taxiderminator. You be the judge

So yeah, I think you're fine.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

cathead posted:

Yes I can confirm being aggressively ERP'd at basically every turn. If it's not one Granok asking me if I'd like to scale his pillar or another asking me what I think of her boulders, it's some Mordesh wanting to play "doctor" or do "experiments". It goes so far as to make it difficult for my character to even move around as I constantly have a train of amorous Aurin latched on to me.

No I think I've seen like maybe a handful of RPers and none of them have bothered me at all, it's fine.

Everyone is too busy enjoying the game from what i've seen. It's when a month or so goes by that the malaise with the gameplay sets in and people start concocting horrifying scenarios to roleplay out. That's when you have to start ignoring people who send you disturbing messages out of the blue.

Also, I noticed some sort of chat option about roleplaying and ignoring it. Makes me curious if they segmented roleplaying off to an entirely different channel of chat or not.

Edit: The real question is, what's going to be this game's goldshire? We need to know so the place can be preemptively quarantined. :stonk:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 2, 2014

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Koth posted:

I'm enjoying Explorer. Most missions have you go to some random scenic place, climb something tall, solve a jumping puzzle or open and explore some random side caves. You also get "scavenger hunt" missions where you play a hot and cold minigame guided by a vague hint, which tend to all be some level of terrible. Explorers come across more or less path-specific Challenges that basically go "Congratulations! You climbed the thing! Now jump down and hit this large X!", or race from your newly placed explorer beacon somewhere, and so on. This is less of a thing for most other paths I believe.

It is (intentionally) the path that involves going the most out of your way to complete and the abilities you get are mostly good for the profession itself. The first two path abilities are different versions of Good At Falling and teleport beacon to anywhere is useful but situational and I'd rather have port-a-party or capital visit. I like climbing on top of things for no particular reason at the best of times so for me the path overall is great, but mileage definitely varies.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bagrada posted:

The taunting hologram distraction when landed on a mob means you can walk right up to it. I’ve used it for safe scanning as intended (they otherwise aggro),
I am feeling so :downs: right now that I never thought of this. That's going to make poo poo so much easier when I finally get to questing. In return I'll suggest ZenRadar as a nice addon to make it easier to find all the cubes and scans, and it even has a blacklist feature for the scans so you can stop finding the ones that don't benefit you after you've finished your Path mission for them.

Unlucky7 posted:

We haven't been live long enough to know if RP will be enforced. My guess is if you're not being a dick about it, it won't be enforced.

Max Peck posted:

And the projects don't even require you to finish them, just doing the number of pickups the Datachron asks for will give you the Path XP and you can move on. Unless you really must see if the project makes anything interesting (sometimes it does, sort of).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Hot update straight off the livestream: they're getting transfers out as fast as possible, and to facilitate that as fast as possible :siren:they are disabling faction-uniqueness on PVP servers:siren: (the whole issue is that they want to avoid problems with trying to transfer to a server where you have opposite faction)

This means that server transfers will apparently be live in 24-48 hours. Not coming tonight but coming super duper soon, they do want to get pressure off of Pergo and Hazak.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Xerophyte posted:

I'm enjoying Explorer. Most missions have you go to some random scenic place, climb something tall, solve a jumping puzzle or open and explore some random side caves. You also get "scavenger hunt" missions where you play a hot and cold minigame guided by a vague hint, which tend to all be some level of terrible. Explorers come across more or less path-specific Challenges that basically go "Congratulations! You climbed the thing! Now jump down and hit this large X!", or race from your newly placed explorer beacon somewhere, and so on. This is less of a thing for most other paths I believe.

It is (intentionally) the path that involves going the most out of your way to complete and the abilities you get are mostly good for the profession itself. The first two path abilities are different versions of Good At Falling and teleport beacon to anywhere is useful but situational and I'd rather have port-a-party or capital visit. I like climbing on top of things for no particular reason at the best of times so for me the path overall is great, but mileage definitely varies.

I agree with everything you said.

I am also Explorer and I picked it specifically because I loved GW2 Vistas and I've always been the kind of dude who finds out all the hills I can climb in the Barrens and poo poo. If that's you, you'll love Explorer for the same reasons.

I really like the Path skill Air Brakes, it pretty much allows you to jump off a mountain and pause gravity right before landing on the ground without death. That in itself is probably the single most valuable skill you can have in an MMO if you are like me and sometimes just casually walk off cliffs when trying to explore anyways.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Edit: I mean up until now I avoided RP servers because I did not have an interest in RP. Therefore I play somewhere else. Nothing against those who did. To me it is like that part in Rejected where a guy walks into a Silly Hats party.

If it's anything like WoW nobody will expect you to RP when you're off questing or doing profession stuff, and the auction houses will be all out of character anyway. And even the hardest-of-hardcore RPers think RPing when you're running a dungeon is stupid so that's not a problem. The most people will expect is to not disrupt other people if you're not RPing yourself and to use /say for in character stuff.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Once I'm out of this queue I'll be streaming some mid 20s leveling.
http://www.twitch.tv/lemon_king

e: This is going to be a long queue, dropping the steam for now.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 2, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I agree with everything you said.

I am also Explorer and I picked it specifically because I loved GW2 Vistas and I've always been the kind of dude who finds out all the hills I can climb in the Barrens and poo poo. If that's you, you'll love Explorer for the same reasons.

I really like the Path skill Air Brakes, it pretty much allows you to jump off a mountain and pause gravity right before landing on the ground without death. That in itself is probably the single most valuable skill you can have in an MMO if you are like me and sometimes just casually walk off cliffs when trying to explore anyways.

Air Brakes is a huge advantage when you get to Farside and start doing sick max air jumps and overshoot your objectives.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I think Lockdown is definitely the best RMB lock addon. Not having to switch it on and off during quest accepts and whatnot is great.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Warriors who have tanked some instances: is Jolt useful at all? It seems like it does horrible damage with only slightly increased threat generation to make up for it, and if I want to grab a dude at range I can either yank him or taunt instead.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

GaylordButts posted:

The hat. I like the hat :downs:

Edit: Also I guess later on the summonable mailboxes and vendor are pretty need for an old WoW engineer like me. I guess.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GaylordButts posted:

Campfire (basically free drinks when you walk next to it / interact with it), stations at certain nodes on the map that gives stat buffs / speed buffs / exp buffs. Really nice if another settler hasn't gone through the area recently.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
And an adorable bakerboy hat :allears:

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE
So I have to admit, I really enjoy pvp in this game. I was questing in Wilderun when I got ambushed by 2 stalkers and an esper. I got away but they were refusing to let me continue questing that zone, so I asked for help in zone chat and teamed up with a warrior to fight them back. Totally annihilated them 2v3, and even though they ended up getting another 2-3 People to come help them, I still really liked how the combat works in pvp.

Also it's kind of crazy how good a hybrid medic is when teamed up with a warrior. We both did insane damage and never got below half HP.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
If you are avoiding the Medic class because the name "Medic" suggests it isn't fun, you are a maroon.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

a cock shaped fruit posted:

If you are avoiding the Medic class because the name "Medic" suggests it isn't fun, you are a maroon.

Medic = best class.

Poopsocks
Feb 22, 2009
Dumb question, how do I search for goon squad on the server to ask for an invite, I am all registered on goon auth.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Poopsocks posted:

Dumb question, how do I search for goon squad on the server to ask for an invite, I am all registered on goon auth.

See the WildstarGoons forum.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Brackhar posted:

What is this build? I'm struggling a little bit with engineer right now.

The major amp for it is the one that generates 8 volatility every second between 30/70, and then you want T4 bio shell that makes it instant cast between 30/70 vol, I believe. That's why it's a level 25~ish build.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

HFGoliath posted:

So I have to admit, I really enjoy pvp in this game. I was questing in Wilderun when I got ambushed by 2 stalkers and an esper. I got away but they were refusing to let me continue questing that zone, so I asked for help in zone chat and teamed up with a warrior to fight them back. Totally annihilated them 2v3, and even though they ended up getting another 2-3 People to come help them, I still really liked how the combat works in pvp.

Also it's kind of crazy how good a hybrid medic is when teamed up with a warrior. We both did insane damage and never got below half HP.

Can you talk about how you're building your hybrid medic? I am enjoying the class a lot but am awful at videogames and sometimes I even die to mobs.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
Opened 2 new EU realms. French PVP realm named Gaius and German PVP named Deadstar.
CS is totally slammed but have been working 24/7.
Boomboxes have a 22 hour cooldown on purpose. It's not a bug. You can only open 1 per 22 hours.
Optimization patch coming out tonight. Includes fixes for Win7 and a 5-10% FPS increase expected.
AFK fixes were included last night. There was a bug where getting friend invites would reset the activity timers, this has been fixed.
There will be downtime tonight. Store page will be updated and the game will be down at the same time as the website.
Realm transfers are being worked on. There are still some configuration problems; that means no transfers right now.
Once that is worked out, the pay/fee rules for transfers will be worked out. Paid and free will go live at the same time.
Some people are getting stuck on the loading screen. There is a fix coming for this. If you get this you can exit and immeditely restart and not lose your place in the queue.

More FPS! Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I found it weird that while sitting in Thayd, I would be getting like 30 FPS, but checking my MSI Afterburner and CPU utilization graph the game wasn't even maxing it out. So it seems like it's not even coded to use all the computer's resources correctly. And I have a pretty decent computer too, 2500k @ 4.3ghz, 8GB ram, GTX 770, and the game is installed on my SSD.

• Locked thread