Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Persona 4: Mara Kart, get your titles right.

Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

TheKingofSprings posted:

Would a megidolaon firing Elizabeth be the blue shell?

Hama and Mudo would be the blue shell. Might do nothing, might remove you from the race entirely. :unsmigghh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
If you're in first place, you'll just get a bunch of Marin Karin pickups. Also if you're in last place, or in between.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's Demi Fiend Kart. The ultimate powerup packed into a drunk Tarrasque completely wipes everyone off the map and deletes the game, even if it comes on ROM. Other powerups include chain castings of Mamudoon and Mahamaon. Character list includes Lord of the Flies riding a drunk Qing Long.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Final boss is Mot.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylNRGrXabw

Persona Q leaked early. Here's the full opening movie. (Just the trailer clips arranged in order)

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
I understand why they're doing it, but the Velvet Room squad is really missing something without Igor. It doesn't feel right. :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I hope it's just the spinoffs of 4 that don't have Igor. I don't care if they have to call him Rogi or whatever just to get a new voice actor for 5, but he really has to be in it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dehry posted:

Persona Q leaked early. Here's the full opening movie. (Just the trailer clips arranged in order)

Is there any word on an English release date for this yet?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Dehry posted:

drat that is catchy as hell, very nice presentation

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

Is there any word on an English release date for this yet?

Just "Fall" Only P4A has a hard date. I'm willing to bet that's going to be announced next week though.

E:

Start Min/Maxing now.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 2, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yu, Akihiko, Koromaru, Kanji and Yosuke.

gently caress everyone else.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Atlus, this is so much better than putting Homestuck references in the Etrian Odyssey trailer. This looks like tasteful and fun fanservice where they're all cute little blobs of friendship.

VVVV They originally put a similar message in P4 also, it got cut though

Excels fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 2, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aparently Nanako pops up at the start and asks for people not to spoil the game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dehry posted:

I find it hilarious that it goes from happy fun friendships (and specifically Rei (I think) eating a hotdog) to a shredded apart bloody plush bunny.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Good to see Orpheus is still as lovely as ever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dehry posted:

Aparently Nanako pops up at the start and asks for people not to spoil the game.

I believe earlier I said that the fusion accident animation was adorable. I was half right; everything about this game is adorable. :allears:

Even if I'm not 100% on board with the mapping stuff (I'll try it before turning it off though) I'm still really excited for this game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

I believe earlier I said that the fusion accident animation was adorable. I was half right; everything about this game is adorable. :allears:

Even if I'm not 100% on board with the mapping stuff (I'll try it before turning it off though) I'm still really excited for this game.

You should at least try checking out one of Etrian Odyssey demos. I thought I'd hate drawing my own map too, but getting together a map of an entire floor is actually surprisingly satisfying.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

I understand why they're doing it, but the Velvet Room squad is really missing something without Igor. It doesn't feel right. :(

I don't get what the big deal with his voice actor is. The remaining P3 movies will probably have him, so...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The P3 movies are using archived voice acting from the P3 game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Excels posted:

Atlus, this is so much better than putting Homestuck references in the Etrian Odyssey trailer. This looks like tasteful and fun fanservice where they're all cute little blobs of friendship.

VVVV They originally put a similar message in P4 also, it got cut though

What does the Japanese trailer have to do with the fact that Atlus' USA branch named their party members after homestuck characters in the US EO trailer? Homestuck refs weren't in EO proper or anything.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What does the Japanese trailer have to do with the fact that Atlus' USA branch named their party members after homestuck characters in the US EO trailer? Homestuck refs weren't in EO proper or anything.

People get really mad/upset at Homestuck for some reason. What that reason is, who cares, but it's there.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Now I want to see the Persona 2 characters drawn like that, that's adorable. :3:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Endorph posted:

The P3 movies are using archived voice acting from the P3 game.

Whelp.

Just bring back Philemon. Or the artist. Or the crazy pianist.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Igor had to let Belladonna, Nameless, and The Painter go after they discovered stereo equipment and 3D printing.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Krad posted:

Whelp.

Just bring back Philemon. Or the artist. Or the crazy pianist.

They should bring back Philemon from the original persona 1 with his terrible wobbly poser character animation and booming announcer voice.
He was the real best Velvet Room/Collective Unconscious character in the series.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

neongrey posted:

Now I want to see the Persona 2 characters drawn like that, that's adorable. :3:

Not quite what you're looking for, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVO3J0VD9Ks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Krad posted:

I don't get what the big deal with his voice actor is. The remaining P3 movies will probably have him, so...

Japanese studios tend to be kind of iffy about replacing voice actors if they don't absolutely have to. There are some characters who have been using recycled audio for over a decade in other franchises.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Come to think of it, with Igor gone there's really no connections to the older games left except the butterfly save point. I'm not sure if that was in P3 or not, seems more like fan service than anything.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They did replace Igor for some audio dramas, but he died a year after the original VA

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
If the wanted to, they could just recycle generic voice clips of Igor's like "Welcome to the Velvet Room" and then have his assistant do all the heavy talking.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Come to think of it, with Igor gone there's really no connections to the older games left except the butterfly save point. I'm not sure if that was in P3 or not, seems more like fan service than anything.

There was a blue butterfly in a cutscene near the beginning of Persona 3, and one near the end of The Answer.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Hace posted:

Not quite what you're looking for, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVO3J0VD9Ks

Needs Baofu. :mad:

That's still pretty great though!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hellioning posted:

I find it hilarious that it goes from happy fun friendships (and specifically Rei (I think) eating a hotdog) to a shredded apart bloody plush bunny.

Maya is gonna be loving pissed that somebody hosed up Mr. Bunbun.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Freak Futanari posted:

Maya is gonna be loving pissed that somebody hosed up Mr. Bunbun.

Who's that?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Before some of the full moon bosses there were butterfly save points.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maya's Rabbit. Although the trailer makes a little more sense then.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 3, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hellioning posted:

No kidding. I keep expecting the music to abruptly stop, being replaced by the ambient noises of scraping metal and heart beats that progressively get louder.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Persona 4 Golden's opening does the same thing. From dancing to hanging corpses.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is such a bizarre game. I love the plot because it's creepy as hell but the battle system utterly confounds me. I'm playing it now and the first boss at the top of the school kicked the absolute poo poo out of me in like two turns. This is worse than Dark Souls. What am I doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I've tried to play Eternal Punishment like twice but i gave up each time because the gameplay is just insanely tedious. Too bad because the plot is great.