Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

FinalGamer posted:

...did

did this actually happen?

Wow what a horribly funny coincidence.

It was 2002 so easily avoided

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It was 2002 so easily avoided

Sometimes no one thinks to double-check those things. Like the infamous Garfield Veteran's Day strip.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, that's one way to get to the mouth I suppose.

Let's have some amusing food pictures.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Damned child labor! :argh:

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

I really hope the word order is correct in that description.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bukowski posted:

:confused:

What's so funny about a new start?

Bukowski, you blow-hard!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SplitSoul posted:

Opposite Electrician comes to your house and fucks up your wiring. On the plus side, he also installs insulation in your staircase for free.

Did somebody change grover's name?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
damnit wrong thread. will post a funney soon

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

kazil posted:

Bukowski, you blow-hard!

Ah, don't be too hard on him, he just blue himself.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Anus Tart sounds like something you'd find in a traditional British cookbook.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Anus Tart sounds like something you'd find in a traditional British cookbook.

Or a traditional British boarding school

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
gently caress you, haters :britain:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SubjectVerbObject posted:

I really hope the word order is correct in that description.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No matter how hard I hammer it, this car wheel won't come off!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

cowboythreespeech posted:

The good news is you've been diagnosed with Strong Penis. The bad news is one of the side-effects is SMelling Mouth.
The Roman god of boners had a giant, continually erect dick, but also the fatal flaw of bad breath. You were making references and didn't even know it! :eng101:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WastedJoker posted:

I hope Her Majesty holds on to the throne just for a tad longer, so it'd be possible to skip Charles altogether.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Paladinus posted:

I hope Her Majesty holds on to the throne just for a tad longer, so it'd be possible to skip Charles altogether.

You really don't want that. If Charles pops it first it'll go to Prince Andrew, and then the first in succession will be this:

(hopefully the monarchy will instead get abolished :unsmigghh: )

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

You really don't want that. If Charles pops it first it'll go to Prince Andrew, and then the first in succession will be this:

William is next in line from Charles

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Holding onto the vague hope that all of them just die and some really distantly related turnip farmer becomes king

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

mfcrocker posted:

Well, I guess you're right, as progressive as it'd be I guess we can't have a retarded person be a monarch.

*looks at 15th century spain with a leering eye*

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WastedJoker posted:

Sometimes, my day is brightened just a little by remembering a sketch from an Australian show in the nineties, Full Frontal, that described the majority of Prince Charles' day being spent waiting for the Queen to die.

It's somewhere approaching twenty years since they made that joke, and the longer it goes while still remaining true, the funnier it gets.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

WastedJoker posted:

I don't care if it is a macro, it is wonderful.
Here's unrelated content.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

twosideddice posted:

Only if Charles becomes king. If Charles dies before then, William drops wayyyy down the rankings.

Basically monarchies are loving stupid :shobon:

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

mfcrocker posted:

twosideddice posted:

This is correct - if Charles, for whatever reason, were to snuff it, the line of succession would carry on down to William as if Charles were still alive.

Likewise, if Charles and William were both to meet their maker in a freak meteor storm, Prince George would become next in line after the Queen.

hazza has a new favorite as of 14:19 on Jun 3, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mfcrocker posted:

Only if Charles becomes king. If Charles dies before then, William drops wayyyy down the rankings.

Basically monarchies are loving stupid :shobon:

My plan was that by the time the Queen dies, Charles will be too old to care and will just pass it to William. That should work, right?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Paladinus posted:

My plan was that by the time the Queen dies, Charles will be too old to care and will just pass it to William. That should work, right?

I think William is going to make a terrible king :( I really wish Harry were next in line.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

hazza posted:

This is correct - if Charles, for whatever reason, were to snuff it, the line of succession would carry on down to William as if Charles were still alive.

Likewise, if Charles and William were both to meet their maker in a freak meteor storm, Prince George would become next in line after the Queen.

Huh, I had learned differently. Well there you go.

The true line is to the gallows, not the throne.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Istari posted:

I think William is going to make a terrible king :( I really wish Harry were next in line.

The guy who only got one GCSE (in art!), and only that because the teacher cheated for him?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Istari posted:

Ah, an Acellerationist stance.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Paladinus posted:

I actually kind of get the impression that Charles likes the role of not-King and kind of doesn't want to be monarch. I'm not sure what gives me the impression, but there you go.

And no, I'm pretty sure if Charles were to die than William would become Prince of Wales and be next in line for the throne. Pretty much Charles, William, George and Harry would have to go before they resort to the Duke of York.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Well, I guess you're right, as progressive as it'd be I guess we can't have a retarded person be a monarch.

*looks at 15th century spain with a leering eye*

*15th century spain looks right back at you or maybe somewhere over your left shoulder*

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF Funny Pictures Part XIV - It's ALWAYS Never Going To Be Prince Charles

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

The guy who only got one GCSE (in art!), and only that because the teacher cheated for him?

He didn't do well in school (and he occasionally makes rather poor choices), but he's kind and generous. And it's not as though being King will mean he has to make a lot of important decisions. The monarch is a symbol, and I think Harry will make a better one than Wills.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Istari posted:

He didn't do well in school (and he occasionally makes rather poor choices), but he's kind and generous. And it's not as though being King will mean he has to make a lot of important decisions. The monarch is a symbol, and I think Harry will make a better one than Wills.

Do you think he'd wear his uniform? That would be kind of weird.

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&
I thought that I read somewhere that Charles wasn't going to take the throne and that William was next in line. Not positive on this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game of Throne spoiler

Pedro Pascal plays Oberyn Martell who died in the show this past week in a 1v1 fight with a guy whose character murdered and raped Pascal's character's sister. He died by having his head smashed in.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always liked this pic but then realized it was a 'shop. They could have at least use a different bird for the sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If anyone else is curious these are printable and there are three others, but that one's the best: https://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/images/pics/BruceCampbellsSoupLabels-scifiwire.pdf

• Locked thread