Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I didn't see it originally, but ever since it was mentioned I can see nothing but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

everythingWasBees posted:

I didn't see it originally, but ever since it was mentioned I can see nothing but.

everythingWasBees posted:

I wish there was an option to use the original.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

goodness posted:

Was the new version posted in this thread? I don't remember seeing it, and I'm not touching Starbound for a while lest I get sucked in and lose any productivity. Also because there's a distinct lack of Novakids.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

goodness posted:

I don't have the original but there's no reason I can't recreate it from the gif.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The only thing I really like better in the current one is the transition at the very end, after the energy form stands up it fades right to the player's character instead of first looking like a generic Peglaci like in that gif.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I still don't see it even remotely as described by the thread. Ya'll are just weird. :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
We see what we want to see :dong:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I've heard stuff about how the developers stopped working on this game. I personally stopped playing months ago due to other games (and wanting to wait for more content). Is any of that true or are people just angry that an alpha game is an alpha?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

people just angry that an alpha game is an alpha

This.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I've heard stuff about how the developers stopped working on this game. I personally stopped playing months ago due to other games (and wanting to wait for more content). Is any of that true or are people just angry that an alpha game is an alpha?

Development stalled a little when most of the team moved to London so they could work out of an office rather than over the internet. That's done with and now development seems to have picked-up again.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Veotax posted:

Development stalled a little when most of the team moved to London so they could work out of an office rather than over the internet. That's done with and now development seems to have picked-up again.

Alright that confirms my suspicions. Thanks guys!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah Tiy mentioned there are loads more combat tweaks coming abd a video of them going up soon.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Don't listen to these people!!! They are just fanboys blinded by Chucklefish!!! Here is the truth uncovered by mighty anonymous from /vg/

quote:

!!! THIS GAME IS EARY ACCESS AND HAS HAD NO REAL UPDATES FOR SIX MONTHS !!!

>The timeline of Chucklefish's false promises and lies:
http://pastebin.com/jAWKJnHy

>Google Doc articulating why development will always be thin and slow (work in progress):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TLyZCI1a9i5q0slPXzAdO37qfd6QjLs5s5ALg3op4qs/edit?usp=sharing

>The calendar of "updates" for a game grossing $20 million+
http://imgur.com/S7mdmb8

:ughh: I know I should have probably posted this to the gamers.txt thread but I thought you guys here would enjoy it more. :v:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
This coming from a board that idolizes Katawa Shoujo, a lovely VN that took over 5 years to make and consists of every 'deep and meaningful' cliche bullshit ever espoused?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
You just know most of the people crying hardest also have like 10 other early access purchases and are probably going to buy another before the year is over.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WarpedNaba posted:

This coming from a board that idolizes Katawa Shoujo, a lovely VN that took over 5 years to make and consists of every 'deep and meaningful' cliche bullshit ever espoused?

A long while ago (It's been years now) I played Katawa Shoujo and thought it was alright. Just to wonder how the community surrounding it is surviving I went to the board just now and holy crap there have been 2,292 KS general threads. A thread on 4chan lasts for about 500-700 posts before it starts to automatically head toward the purge. That's a loving lot of posting about an anime visual novel.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

One time I went to /vg/, just to see if they had any good Starbound servers up. (This was some time in December. The game was barely even out.) But all I could find was people posting about an erotic RP server.

So these people on 4chan bitching about how "CHUCKLEFISH LIED!" are probably roleplaying a sexy Floran maid right this second.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's a lot different now than when I was called up to proofread the loving thing, I can tell you that much.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

4chan posted:

>The calendar of "updates" for a game grossing $20 million+
http://imgur.com/S7mdmb8
Other than the recent slowdown from the move, I don't really see what's so bad about this at a glance.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's basically just people whining that the devs aren't working 24/7 and putting out updates every ten minutes.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

One time I went to /vg/, just to see if they had any good Starbound servers up. (This was some time in December. The game was barely even out.) But all I could find was people posting about an erotic RP server.

So these people on 4chan bitching about how "CHUCKLEFISH LIED!" are probably roleplaying a sexy Floran maid right this second.

When I went there looking for a server to play on, there wasn't even that. :negative:

mollygos
May 9, 2013

heat death of the universe
Hey lovely goons

How do YOU feel about our horse AI? I, for one, think it's beautiful. Some disagree. :(

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I love that ugly sexy horsewoman AI

mollygos
May 9, 2013

heat death of the universe

Shoehead posted:

I love that ugly sexy horsewoman AI

Someone thought the breasts were just really short hooves and I had to inform them that they were, in fact, horse tits.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's absolutely hilarious.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Something something something tits.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

mollygos posted:

Hey lovely goons

How do YOU feel about our horse AI? I, for one, think it's beautiful. Some disagree. :(

While I do not understand why it's a horse with breasts, I can totally see the Glitch using it as an AI avatar and being confused why other people dislike it, which I think is pretty funny!

Also I think that people getting actually upset about it are odd people - I can't imagine that something like this wouldn't just make you say 'hmm, that's weird!' and move on with your life.

edit:

mollygos posted:

Someone thought the breasts were just really short hooves and I had to inform them that they were, in fact, horse tits.

Also that's excellent.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
More games holding people to unreasonable expectations of beauty. Thanks indie game industry.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

mollygos posted:

Some people just can't appreciate true beauty when they see it.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I feel like it should have mascara too.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cryohazard posted:

I feel like it should have mascara too.

That'd be over feminizing it, I think.
As it is right now, it's perfect.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
On the plus(?) side, if they do put that in the game, they will pretty much generate somewhere in the region of 10 million in new sales overnight as bronies buy it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I think you should ask for permission before you use the likeness of Sarah Jessica Parker, that could land you in trouble :(

(If they have personalities corresponding to their illustrations and what one could expect from that, that would be cool)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 3, 2014

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Starbound: In fact, Horse Tits

They are pretty lovely and the AI itself fits the tone of the game nicely.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

To be honest the best thing about it is all the complaints it has generated.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Potsticker posted:

To be honest the best thing about it is all the complaints it has generated.

Yeah, gotta agree here! The devs can always come here for support because we enjoy pubbie tears more than we like complaining.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mollygos posted:

That's brilliant.

If you guys take it out someone here will mod it back in.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have only one request. Please can it go insane at one point and chase us around our ship like a horrific equine SHODAN?

Honestly I figured the horse thing must have something to do with the still-mysterious Glitch backplot and single-player campaign. I imagine it speaking in a hilariously butch space ranger voice.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Loxbourne posted:

I have only one request. Please can it go insane at one point and chase us around our ship like a horrific equine SHODAN?

Honestly I figured the horse thing must have something to do with the still-mysterious Glitch backplot and single-player campaign. I imagine it speaking in a hilariously butch space ranger voice.

Either that or a falsetto Mr. Ed. "I'M A PRETTY HORSE. SUCH A PRETTY LADY HORSE. WOULD YOU LIKE A MATTER MANIPULATOR?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Zenzirouj posted:

Either that or a falsetto Mr. Ed. "I'M A PRETTY HORSE. SUCH A PRETTY LADY HORSE. WOULD YOU LIKE A MATTER MANIPULATOR?"

No, play it straight. Have a nice deep male robot voice saying that.

• Locked thread