Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

lelandjs posted:

The Original Korean (I think):

Actually, we had a bunch of character posters over here, among which this one was most common:

Never seen the one you posted.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

One of the brilliant things about that photo of Laura Palmer is that on first glance it looks like a completely normal, harmless school picture but if you sit there and actually look at it it's creepy and uncomfortable just from the subtle details like the lighting, her facial expression, etc. That is a great cover but it ruins the effect of the original picture.

I believe it was Sheryl Lee's actual prom photo, and they just used it because it was perfect. Not that that detracts from your point or anything.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

lelandjs posted:

The Original Korean (I think):

Looks like it's written in Chinese rather than Korean.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bugblatter posted:

Actually, we had a bunch of character posters over here, among which this one was most common:

Never seen the one you posted.

Now that's a great character poster. :drat:

Vagabundo posted:

Looks like it's written in Chinese rather than Korean.

Well, that explains it then. I'm terrible at recognizing foreign languages, hence my (I think).

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

effectual posted:

This is actually a good poster. I like the little drawings.

The film is really good too, and criminally underseen.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

lelandjs posted:

(though a friend tells me it's great)

Like many Korean films, it bounces between brutal violence, ridiculous cartoon characters, and everything in between... it's basically Hunger Games on a train. I'm assuming that is how it was pitched.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Have some Willow Creek posters

This one is simple but it works. Probably more like a proof of concept if the empty olive branches are any indication. It's hurt by how much better the other two are though.

And even a step up from that pretty great poster we have this insane thing:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Bobcat made a horror film? :stare:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Dick Trauma posted:

Bobcat made a horror film? :stare:

Specifically, a found-footage horror film about Bigfoot.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty good too, if you're into that sorta thing.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
ugh after how bad God Bless America was I don't know if I can give him another chance.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bows1 posted:

ugh after how bad God Bless America was I don't know if I can give him another chance.

WHAT?

That movie is incredible.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vintersorg posted:

WHAT?

That movie is incredible.

I disagree, its revenge fulfillment fantasy without any commentary on the people itself, just "I don't like these people I would like to kill them." The main characters are just as insufferable as the people they want to kill. Total Pass.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bows1 posted:

I disagree, its revenge fulfillment fantasy without any commentary on the people itself, just I don;t like these people I would like to kill them. The main characters are just as insufferable as the people they want to kill. Total Pass.

The first ~30 is pretty decent but after that it goes after the lowest-hanging fruit possible, and stops being funny way before the halfway point. The montage in Super where Crimson Bolt is going around murdering people does GBA better than GBA does.

E: I've seen Willow Creek and outside of one pretty terrific scene it's not great. In the Q&A after our screening Bobcat said he wanted to avoid any Blair Witch tropes but the movie is almost note-for-note the same as Blair Witch.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

God Bless America lost me at the Alice Cooper speech. It makes no sense because Alice Cooper is a super conservative republican who hangs out with other rich people on the golf course.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
At least he'll always have Windy City Heat. :)

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

bows1 posted:

I disagree, its revenge fulfillment fantasy without any commentary on the people itself, just "I don't like these people I would like to kill them." The main characters are just as insufferable as the people they want to kill. Total Pass.

"Whats the point of living in a civilization if we can't be civilized, I say as I slaughter people for not being me."

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Here's a Mike Mignola poster for Bride of Frankenstein that will sell out immediately because it's a Mondo poster (please do not derail about Mondo)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

GrandpaPants posted:

Here's a Mike Mignola poster for Bride of Frankenstein that will sell out immediately because it's a Mondo poster (please do not derail about Mondo)

I'd buy that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

At least he'll always have Windy City Heat. :)
And World's Greatest Dad

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GrandpaPants posted:

(please do not derail about Mondo)

So don't post Mondo poo poo then?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
My favourite theatre offered me the giant Grand Budapest Hotel banner from their lobby.
I enjoyed the film but probably not enough to hang a poster of it, neat as that poster was.
But a giant wall sized banner... well, I do have an empty wall that could use something ridiculously ostentatious.

effectual posted:

So don't post Mondo poo poo then?

They were attempting to forestall discussion of the company, not the posters themselves. Which would be a great thread rule btw.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 4, 2014

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Lizard Combatant posted:

My favourite theatre offered me the giant Grand Budapest Hotel banner from their lobby.
I enjoyed the film but probably not enough to hang a poster of it, neat as that poster was.
But a giant wall sized banner... well, I do have an empty wall that could use something ridiculously ostentatious.

They were attempting to forestall discussion of the company, not the posters themselves. Which would be a great thread rule btw.

I'd get that poster. And the banner. The poster looked kind of weird with how the title was cranked way up above the hotel to make room for the cast, but that looks awesome.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

You could always give it to a friend later or ebay it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vincent posted:

You could always give it to a friend later or ebay it.

Oh I'm definitely taking it!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

Man, I love the gently caress out of mignola but drat he needs to empty out the well. I remember when mignola would draw something like that and it would wow me. He's drawn the same variation for so long tho... it's still great... but it doesn't stun me as it did. I'm waiting for that again from him though. I've been meaning to pickup Hellboy in Hell so maybe that pumped some blood in him.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

GrandpaPants posted:

With special cameo by Emperor Zombie.

"I'm so excited, I just made water in my pantaloons!"

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Bishop posted:

With special cameo by Emperor Zombie.

"I'm so excited, I just made water in my pantaloons!"

Hah! I didn't notice him at first.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Emperor Zombie turns up in all the strangest places.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Gorilla Salad posted:

:golfclap:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

That crappy handwriting font in the middle almost ruins the whole thing.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Lol, what up GS. If I recall, it was asking about your av that first brought Emperor Zombie to my attention.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Starring Rumer Willis as Skrillex and Miles Teller as toothbrush dick.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 4, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I took me a while to notice that is supposed to be Rumer. Should have noticed the resemblance to her father.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ah, Rumer Willis. She'll always have a special place in my heart for playing...uhh...that drug dealer in that one episode of Workaholics.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hah! I didn't notice him at first.

A true crime that this didn't become a series :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64GdGhuOkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_l-hrjoWE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0h_3jlY3k

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 4, 2014

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

(that tagline)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's messed up considering what happened to Tate.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Polish poster for Sorcerer.