Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Lofty132 posted:

How hard is it to make a match 3 game? Surely someone could make a decent rival (without the amazing licence, admittedly).

Hah, it's the licenses, both of them. Puzzle Quest was one of my favorite XBLA games, and I'm sure a lot of the people here are Marvel fans, too. I loving loved the crossover, and you have to admit there are a lot of options and game modes, and the kind of depth and polish that isn't very common on Android. And the teambuilding is relatively unique and satisfying. I just wish they'd stop treating every patch as an opportunity to gouge their customers some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
2-3 spots open in pizza dog now. Daily player really preferred, whale not required.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Must have own pizza.

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010
With a top 50 in Simulator and top 50 in Cage Match I should get 5/3/3 Black Panther. Anyone checking the forums for the next event? With two giving out Black Panther covers it looks like he is next?

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

JBones posted:

2-3 spots open in pizza dog now. Daily player really preferred, whale not required.

I applied as SAintangible. I am a daily player.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
And I also applied, as GlenMR. I play daily.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
#1 in both PVE events with 90 minutes to go :ohdear:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

fishtobaskets posted:

#1 in both PVE events with 90 minutes to go :ohdear:

Time to buy a small sh...oooh. Wait.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
AgentsOfGOON is 19/20. Come be bad with us!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sentry :allears:

Third node of the simulator. I dropped defense tiles with Magneto. Later Sentry uses World Rupture. Each tile is a separate attack. I took 8 damage, since each was reduced to 1 damage. The enemy team took 40 times as much damage.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

gromdul posted:

AgentsOfGOON is 19/20. Come be bad with us!

Applied as fishyb.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.

SynthOrange posted:

Link? Also Rauthe and Gestalt, pipe up!

Here's his post
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8706&start=200#p155680
"I took a look at the Alliance and demoted inactive Commanders."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Righto. PM'd him, will see what happens.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Holy cow. Pizza dog might get a yellow panther.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

JBones posted:

Holy cow. Pizza dog might get a yellow panther.

Lets make it happen!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I finally have a level 141 Punisher. My reward is fighting more maxed 3*s. :negative:

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

So, if all goes well, my Black Panther is going to be at 2/4/3 in six hours. Is it worth dumping tons of ISO into him as a currently-two-star player? Just looking at his skills, I'm not sure how well he'd pair with any two-stars. (Edit: Guess I should add, all useful two-stars are already at 85, it's either this or just keep saving it).

Goldom fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 4, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Goldom posted:

So, if all goes well, my Black Panther is going to be at 2/4/3 in six hours. Is it worth dumping tons of ISO into him as a currently-two-star player? Just looking at his skills, I'm not sure how well he'd pair with any two-stars. (Edit: Guess I should add, all useful two-stars are already at 85, it's either this or just keep saving it).

How much ISO do you have? BP is really only good for his black ability and unless hes the only thing you've got going for you I'd wait till you have a few more covers to commit a significant amount. If you want to boost him up a bit to help you in the current tournament that's a good idea but I wouldn't commit your whole load on him.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hope they fixed Thick as Thieves for this upcoming repeat.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

gromdul posted:

I finally have a level 141 Punisher. My reward is fighting more maxed 3*s. :negative:

As a transitioning two star player who faces nothing but punisher/obw nodes, gently caress you

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Syrinxx posted:

As a transitioning two star player who faces nothing but punisher/obw nodes, gently caress you

What I'm saying is, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Just more tunnel.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

How much ISO do you have? BP is really only good for his black ability and unless hes the only thing you've got going for you I'd wait till you have a few more covers to commit a significant amount. If you want to boost him up a bit to help you in the current tournament that's a good idea but I wouldn't commit your whole load on him.

Right now, only enough to take him from around 50 to 80, but I could keep dropping everything into him as it comes in... but yeah, I think I probably won't. Give him a bit for the current PVP, but outside of that doubt I'll be using him until more black covers show up.

Goldom fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 5, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want to have Grey Suit Black Widow and Original Black Widow on the same team. That's all I want. :negative:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh boy, lazy Modern Storm is in. This game sure needed more 3*s nobody but the ridiculous whales have a full set of covers for.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Oh boy, lazy Modern Storm is in. This game sure needed more 3*s nobody but the ridiculous whales have a full set of covers for.

...the main problem is that Modern Storm is one of the best chars in the game but sucks because she's a 1*. A 3* version may be in everyone's lineup forever if not nerfed.

Like, her red is so ridiculously chainy on desert it's insane. And huge damage black and...argh.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

"We want to release new heroes and not remake a bunch of older ones"

~~releases Lazy Thor, Cap, Daken, Storm

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

silvergoose posted:

...the main problem is that Modern Storm is one of the best chars in the game but sucks because she's a 1*. A 3* version may be in everyone's lineup forever if not nerfed.

Like, her red is so ridiculously chainy on desert it's insane. And huge damage black and...argh.

Yup, it's a pretty dumb thing to release. They're pretty blatantly just trying to squeeze the whales for a few more bucks before everyone says "gently caress this poo poo".

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, I ended up getting sixth place in Cagematch yesterday and then a few hours later I was bumped up to fifth for some reason. Of course, I only received the rewards for getting top ten instead of top five. It was just 500 Iso but you'd think they would have some sort of system in place for situations where someone gets caught cheating or something.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 5, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SynthOrange posted:

I want to have Grey Suit Black Widow and Original Black Widow on the same team. That's all I want. :negative:

Haha seriously! I have GSBW levelled up pretty high, but I just can't quit using OBW for heals.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Haha seriously! I have GSBW levelled up pretty high, but I just can't quit using OBW for heals.

Original Black Widow is so great. I can grind through an entire PVE session without using more than a couple of health packs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So what event is the current Classic Storm going to be used for? They've been throwing covers for her at us like crazy for the last two or three events. Not that I'm complaining, I got her up to 5/2/5 from the last few rounds of covers.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So what event is the current Classic Storm going to be used for? They've been throwing covers for her at us like crazy for the last two or three events. Not that I'm complaining, I got her up to 5/2/5 from the last few rounds of covers.
Her blue is a great stun/nuke when maxed out. Maybe they'll keep that as unique to CStorm?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bob Socko posted:

Her blue is a great stun/nuke when maxed out. Maybe they'll keep that as unique to CStorm?

Yeah CStorm blue + MN Mags purple seems like it would be a nasty combo.

Jargon question: what does lazy mean? Is it that the devs were lazy by copy/pasting 2* powers to 3* power levels?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Yeah CStorm blue + MN Mags purple seems like it would be a nasty combo.

Jargon question: what does lazy mean? Is it that the devs were lazy by copy/pasting 2* powers to 3* power levels?

Yep. Except if it's lazy modern storm it's copy pasting 1* powers.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Did they jack up the cost of Night Elf Mohawk's red? Checking out the cover rewards it starts at 9 to use for 12 damage per tile, with the next cover increasing the damage to 14. M Storm is 9 red to activate for 3 damage per tile, with the next cover reducing the AP cost by 1. Not sure how Mohawk's scales past 2 or if there is any AP cost reduction.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Hey Jerks! Any alliance spots open? Just started playing (same name in game) and accidentally whaled a bit, so now I'm hooked.

overseer07 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 6, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I hate these loving lazy characters so much. Just having characters that are a straight upgrade is bullshit, especially when character space is limited and you can't just throw out the weaker ones because you might need them later. They could at least have the decency to make them different, like the two Magnetos.

Still, on a positive note, Hulk is boosted for Thick as Thieves. And since I max-leveled him a couple of weeks ago, he's boosted up to 231 and he's monstrously strong. Hulk smash!

overseer07 posted:

Hey Jerks! Any alliance spots open? Just started playing (same name in game) and accidentally whaled a bit, so now I'm hooked.

GoonStyle has a bunch of slots open at the moment.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I applied. Thanks!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

overseer07 posted:

Don't spend money on this game. Seriously. The return for your dollar is laughably lovely compared to other similar games. There's fun to be had playing it but you should never spend a dime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just got my 17th purple OBW. There is no way this is random, my distro since I started keeping track.

17/3/4

Next worst is moonstone at 2/9/3

Hulk is at 11/0/1 LOL