Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Eh, XIII's combat is pretty fun in a 'How fast can I murder these monsters by exploiting the system' kind of way, though it looks and plays like a shittier version of X-2's active atb stuff,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
12 is probably the most boring game i have ever played and i stopped playing it after being in a really lame dungeon for so long i forgot the story justification for why i was there in the first place. Final Fantasy 13 is not a good game but it at the very least tried to be different mechanically and had a story that was batshit in a way where it wasn't boring. I do not like games that are boring

edit: Actually i am being hyperbolic about 12, Xenoblade is the actual most boring game ive ever played.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Final Fantasy XIII is pretty bad but XIII-2 is a blast.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Final Fantasy 12 was the logical conclusion of active time battle but that's bad because FF11 came out before it so it's actually an MMO clone so it sucks and now we're going to lose an entire generation to the adventures of Lightning: the world's most unlikable rear end in a top hat.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Oh god I turned this into FF Megathread

I'm sorry everybody I didn't mean this to happen

On the topic though, I have both Witcher 1 and 2 on my PC but with my shitacular hardware I never really got to play them. Would I be completely lost starting on 3? Also how good game was 2? A lot of people seem to love/like it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Going to be presenting your biggest money maker for the next several years? Yes, jeans and a ratty tshirt is appropriate. Yes.

I honestly don't care. They could be coming in wearing almost anything sans a Nazi uniform or sack-cloth, as long as the stuff they say or show off is interesting.

Too bad the presentation looked like it was shot in someone's basement with leftover office supplies and had no active gameplay. The stuff they wanted to talk about was cool, just wish we could actually see some of it. Well besides the sculpted messes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Here's the kind of game you won't see in conferences but you'll find out about later at E3 during stage demos: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxbkL3N_fM

You gotta love how it's 80% nature shots because they know once you see the terrible animations you'll go "oh." Good nature simulator though!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 5, 2014

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxbkL3N_fM

You gotta love how it's 80% nature shots because they know once you see the terrible animations you'll go "oh." Good nature simulator though!!

When your animation takes all the drama out of a loving brutal murder, you should start thinking about your life decicions.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Clever Spambot posted:

edit: Actually i am being hyperbolic about 12, Xenoblade is the actual most boring game ive ever played.

As in that one Wii game that everyone was creaming their pants over a couple of years ago? I still have yet to play it but I remember everyone at the time going on and on about HOW PERFECT it was.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Animations that rough could still work if they used alot of quick cuts or something, but it just sort of lingers on that shot for a while which is just a bad way to shoot a horrifying and brutal murder scene IMHO.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

raditts posted:

As in that one Wii game that everyone was creaming their pants over a couple of years ago? I still have yet to play it but I remember everyone at the time going on and on about HOW PERFECT it was.

It's basically a single player MMO.

Also, FF5 is still the best FF. :colbert:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

It's basically a single player MMO.

Also, FF5 is still the best FF. :colbert:

Xenoblade is a certified Good-rear end Game. The MMO comparisons are superficial at best.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Oh god I turned this into FF Megathread

I'm sorry everybody I didn't mean this to happen

On the topic though, I have both Witcher 1 and 2 on my PC but with my shitacular hardware I never really got to play them. Would I be completely lost starting on 3? Also how good game was 2? A lot of people seem to love/like it.

Witcher 1 is an excellently written RPG with a terrible combat system. Witcher 2 is an excellently written RPG with good graphics and an acceptable combat system. You may lack some of the backstory to the characters/world if you jump into 3, although I'm sure you'd have a good time anyway. (The Witcher books are really good, too!)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

Yeah it's pretty fun I like walking around and exploring the landscape and killing poo poo and not killing the poo poo that I am too weak to kill. Looking forward to X because if it's just more exploration and poo poo but with transformer mechs then cool.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
I've seen this pop up in a few places I frequent today. I wonder if it's real.

"XenoMech Saga"

(I really want to believe it's real, because DQVII 3DS :( )

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
A new challenger enters the most boring mmo like single player jrpg discussion: white knight chronicles

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I don't think I believe that Bayonetta 2 or the Xeno-sequel will ever be released.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

xov posted:

"XenoMech Saga"

This is probably still fake but it's at least the most reasonable Nintend leak we've seen so far.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

raditts posted:

Last gen had so few JRPGs and the ones that were released were generally so bad that a bland as gently caress game like Xenoblade seemed really good. The overworld was cool though.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

xov posted:

"XenoMech Saga"

I'm calling fake, but just what the heck is 'Nintendo U' supposed to be?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

xov posted:

"XenoMech Saga"

Screw XenoMech Saga, i want to know what "Yarn Yoshi" is.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is pokken fighters actually going to be a thing?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Astro Nut posted:

I'm guessing nintendo themed skylanders.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

xov posted:

"XenoMech Saga"

It's a photograph of a paper printout, ergo, it must be real

This is what E3 leaks have come to

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Clever Spambot posted:

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJMjQAJjio

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Clever Spambot posted:

An actual thing

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
You can tell that leak is real because it doesn't have anything about Metroid on it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Lessail posted:

A new challenger enters the most boring mmo like single player jrpg discussion: white knight chronicles

Of all the MMO like JRPGs white knight is the absolute worst and contains all the worst parts of the genre without any of the pluses. Like your main dude is worst than a character in a regular mmo because the cast literally stops interacting with it 20 minutes in the game. It also had boring combat and old school Korean levels of crazy grinding.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

These fake leaks are always hamstrung by the date they're released, like how just-announced Steamworld Dig U isn't on there, even though Nintendo would literally dedicate a demo kiosk to ANY third party Wii U title if it existed, out of desperation

e: no mention of the Mario Galaxy EAD Group's new project either which would certainly at least be in their non-interactive trailer loops

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Adding to the rumour pile with a supposed show floor leak:

Nintendo wants to buy the original SMB again.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Champeenship posted:

Mario maker sounds like a legit good idea.

...it's gonna be a $60 game isn't it?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Champeenship posted:

At least this is harder to fake.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So LBP (lite?) with jumping physics people won't freak out over a little too much?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ryoga posted:

Mario maker sounds like a legit good idea.

...it's gonna be a $60 game isn't it?

God I hope not! It could be a neat $10 to $20 title to promote the eShop and tablet of the Wii U.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Funny, when I heard this "Mario Maker" rumor, I instantly thought 3DS instead of Wii U. I frequently forget its pad even has a touchscreen, in all honesty.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Astro Nut posted:

Dating simulator game set in a university.

Will you go after Samus, or try your luck with the captain of the football team Douglas?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rinkles posted:

An actual thing

If it somehow winds up being shorter than Yoshi's story I'll be amazed.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Taint Reaper posted:

If it somehow winds up being shorter than Yoshi's story I'll be amazed.

That's a screenshot of the entire game. It's a Parachute clone.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Dating simulator game set in a university.

Will you go after Samus, or try your luck with the captain of the football team Douglas?

I didn't realize Namco High was that successful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

xov posted:

"XenoMech Saga"

Fake as hell, there's no way they'd trust a thousand people to manhandle a set of easily-pocketable figurines. Remember how they had 3DS units literally tethered to human beings they were so afraid one would wander off?

• Locked thread