Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

- I think that gentleman is eyeing you up

Literally the phrase is "looking at you with 'that eye'". The rear end in a top hat is sometimes called the rear end eye in Finnish.

Now that I think about it, that's pretty terrifying

Also called the brown eye here.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

This is so lazy it hurts.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Mandrake is on pretty thin ice as it is, probably not a good idea to specifically draw attention to the clip art.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

1. Scott has lots of room to piss on people in creative fields, what with his work in the ultra technical comics-writing and internet-trolling industry.

I might be PBFing but that one really read like it was pissing on STEM people and saying they put in a poo poo-ton of effort for nothing, while liberal arts people didn't put in nearly as much effort and are doing way better.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I might be PBFing but that one really read like it was pissing on STEM people and saying they put in a poo poo-ton of effort for nothing, while liberal arts people didn't put in nearly as much effort and are doing way better.

He's saying that, but that you should be jealous and spiteful of their lazy success because you worked hard and learned real skills instead of underwater basket weaving or whatever, and in the end you'll just get replaced anyway. Adams is in no way shy about his bizarre techno-libertarian politics, especially if you read any of his books.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My Lovely Horse posted:

Mandrake is on pretty thin ice as it is, probably not a good idea to specifically draw attention to the clip art.

There is no copy-pasting in that strip.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
It doesn't usually get posted here because its ideas have largely been played out, but Metafilter recently has been abuzz with some discussion about this week's Pearls Before Swine:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Stunning social commentary here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What, so he couldn't have just seen the same three bullet holes that the policeman did?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It doesn't usually get posted here because its ideas have largely been played out, but Metafilter recently has been abuzz with some discussion about this week's Pearls Before Swine:

They're not the only ones. Fun to dream, innit...

Pogo (June 7, 1956)

Droodles salutes our men and women in uniform the best way Roger Price knows how...through psychological warfare. :patriot: (June 7, 1956)

Out Our Way (January 30-31, 1925)

Welcome to middle of Prohibition, where the safest way to get a whiskey was by prescription. And no, I'm not even slightly kidding.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Wanamingo posted:

Wow. If this were any other comic I would assume it was mocking Inspector Danger for obviously profiling people.

I'm pretty sure you could hear loving gunshots even from inside a sound-proof room. They're kind of really goddamn loud. :psyduck:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

"Welp, you're a murderer, cya later shitlords I'M OUT"

Are soundproof booths that soundproof? Guns are stupid loud.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Becoming"? Nice little implication that kids are getting dumber.

Always and forever, gently caress you, Gilchrist.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_It presented without a comment

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Periodically the imgur plugin decides to crap out on me before I'm done with it. Today is one of those days. I don't feel like downloading and uploading all my comics manually like an animal so enjoy what I got so far!

Luann

I'm hoping it'll be more along the lines of "Tiff is good at public speaking and running big events, so including her would make good use of her strengths as well as being an act of friendship" rather than, "This will be the perfect opportunity to dump that bucket of pig blood on her, as she so richly deserves."

Apartment 3-G

SUCH A HAPPY CONVERSATION! :haw:

Frank Bolle clearly doesn't read this comic. I don't know why I still do.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

"Welp, you're a murderer, cya later shitlords I'M OUT"

Are soundproof booths that soundproof? Guns are stupid loud.

LtStorm posted:

Wow. If this were any other comic I would assume it was mocking Inspector Danger for obviously profiling people.

I'm pretty sure you could hear loving gunshots even from inside a sound-proof room. They're kind of really goddamn loud. :psyduck:

Yeah, no, you'd totally hear some gunshots. Three, in fact.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

Periodically the imgur plugin decides to crap out on me before I'm done with it. Today is one of those days. I don't feel like downloading and uploading all my comics manually like an animal so enjoy what I got so far!

Right-click and copy the image onto your clipboard like you were going to paste it into photoshop, and just ctrl-v (or option-v) anywhere in the imgur upload window.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Goddamn it, Ock, PICK A SIDE!!!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Selachian posted:

"Becoming"? Nice little implication that kids are getting dumber.

Always and forever, gently caress you, Gilchrist.

I love how Fritzi is a buxom sexpot who spontaneously decides she wants to be Mary loving Worth.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Goddamn it, Ock, PICK A SIDE!!!

I'm kind of interested to see what his plan is, now. At first I assumed he was going to try to spin this into time off for good behavior or something, but telling the warden to his face that he doesn't give a poo poo if he gets murdered puts some holes in that theory.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Morrie you beautiful angel

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm kind of interested to see what his plan is, now. At first I assumed he was going to try to spin this into time off for good behavior or something, but telling the warden to his face that he doesn't give a poo poo if he gets murdered puts some holes in that theory.

I suspect he's going to make Spiderman take the fall for it somehow, and that'll be what JJJ needs to get back into the Spider-Menace game properly.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

How long a lead did Morrie have? I keep wondering which strip will be the last. We're a couple months since he died, right?

What a good cartoonist.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Magna Kaser posted:

How long a lead did Morrie have? I keep wondering which strip will be the last. We're a couple months since he died, right?

What a good cartoonist.

He passed about four and a half months ago, so from what I've heard we're about halfway through his backlog.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I wonder if the last one they print is gonna be half-finished. :smith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't think it can even be submitted if it isn't finished. That's not going to be a problem.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He had hundreds of backlogged strips?

Jesus. The man literally could not have stopped if he had wanted to.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EAT poo poo GILCHRIST

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

LtStorm posted:

I like to think that Inspector Danger had a stroke several years ago and now runs around making random wild accusations of murder while Alfie's the real detective. "Great thinking, Inspector Danger, he's our man for sure (sorry, Mr. Schaffer, he'll be out of your studio in a sec)"

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Oh my loving god the stereotypical bully is STILL bullying some random loving 12 year old in the background of Luanne? What the poo poo?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Pidmon posted:

Oh my loving god the stereotypical bully is STILL bullying some random loving 12 year old in the background of Luanne? What the poo poo?
Pretty much every character in Luanne is amazingly one-dimensional, so I'm really not surprised. That guy's only character trait is a bully, so bullying is all he really does.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Pidmon posted:

I assume Greg got so many emails from people over that story arc where Leslie was the villain for trying to take a piss, he decided he had to extensively reinforce that Leslie is never not the bad guy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Howard Beale posted:

I like to think that Inspector Danger had a stroke several years ago and now runs around making random wild accusations of murder while Alfie's the real detective. "Great thinking, Inspector Danger, he's our man for sure (sorry, Mr. Schaffer, he'll be out of your studio in a sec)"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pp02ubGuTIU

Careful what you wish for :smith:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Okay, so we didn't exactly get right on to the Annie story.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Interesting. Brooke managed to drop a poo poo on top of his usual upper decker.

Pibgorn

I'm surprised that Romeo was able to get a ride in the middle of this massive train wreck.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Hrm. That's actually a somewhat competent German pun. I don't know how to feel about this.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech: the hide-behind.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Matlock posted:

Hrm. That's actually a somewhat competent German pun. I don't know how to feel about this.
Well, you wouldn't want a naked man with a oozing head wound to poo poo on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

• Locked thread