Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Because I'm a trivia dork I will mention that a great game called Legacy of the Wizard already had the "different characters, different powers" gimmick in a platformer, although with a slightly different implementation, since you had to swap characters to complete the game. It was still a pretty fresh idea though and I think Doki Doki Panic/Mario 2 is a pretty darned good game. It was sort of unlucky for its place in history that the games called Mario 3 and 4 happened to be masterpieces.

I will never hate on SMB2 for what it is, because it certainly beats the hell out of the Japanese version which was basically "SMB1 all over again, except with extra gently caress-you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

1stGear posted:

I want to play this game.

Laughing Fantasy Characters at the Pub seems like it would be a pretty cool game, yeah.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I mentioned this in the Dragon Age thread but that Sera character looks like Genesis P Orridge and it's way too similar to be a coincidence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

jesus bioware do you even speak english

This is dialog you would find written by an angry teenage boy that is lashing out at his parents and listening to System of a Down.

p.s. I still want to play this game.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

What I want to know is how they entered a post-mgurr gaming environment and decided 'three' was a number that would impress people.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Laughing Fantasy Characters at the Pub seems like it would be a pretty cool game, yeah.

Red Dragon Inn is a boardgame all about that. It's best when drunk, as it is entirely about getting people fantasy drunk, and the fantasy drinking game rules translate nicely.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Peel posted:

What I want to know is how they entered a post-mgurr gaming environment and decided 'three' was a number that would impress people.

Hawke in the previous game could consistently reduce entire crowds to giblets with a single swing. Iron Bull is a poser.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

1stGear posted:

I do not want to play this game.

I was completely psyched by the Iron Bull image until I realized it wasn't a developer commenting on their game engine, and was in fact just crappy "badass" RPG writing.

C'mon next gen, you totally have the ability to outdo Soldier of Fortune 2 and Die By the Sword, so just fuckin' do it already!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

I said come in! posted:

p.s. I still want to play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aEjIfcoUk

Peel posted:

What is "mgurr"?

wait did you mistype MGRR as in rising

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The official stream should just have them comment over the digital events and interviews like they did by themselves with the Smash Direct two months ago.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

did tim buckley write these

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Fawf posted:

My guess was Joss Whedon

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

limaCAT posted:

Hey princess, do you want to see... my master sword? :pervert:

Howzabout a kiss for good luck?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Hey princess, do you want to see... my master sword? :pervert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=outJSCu3FOc&t=27s

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1stGear posted:

I want to play this game.

It's called The Last Story and it was on the Wii, it's pretty good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man DA:3 is going to be so baaad compared to Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity. :haw:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Fawf posted:

robot roll call posted:

My guess was Joss Whedon
It fits, because the character designs are just as uninspired and terrible.

Seriously, the woman there is literally wearing boob armor. The only part of her covered by any sort of armor is her rack. The dude isn't much better because he seems to be Generic Viking-esque/Game of Thrones Dude #12, but still.

At least she's wearing pants, so it's already a step up from DA2.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lord Lambeth posted:

Bioware should really stop trying to make 3D games, it never looks as good as their promo art.

Does anyone know who drew this? The style is a lot like Kelly Turnbull (Manly Guys Doing Manly Things)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Macaluso posted:

Does anyone know who drew this? The style is a lot like Kelly Turnbull (Manly Guys Doing Manly Things)

Looks like Matt Rhodes, who's been a concept artist at BW for ages.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

oh my god I love this.

Feed me Bioware. Pull down your pants and squat directly over my mouth. Drop the poo poo into my mouth.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

oh my god I love this.

Feed me Bioware. Pull down your pants and squat directly over my mouth. Drop the poo poo into my mouth.

Those quotes are the single most discouraging thing about DA3 so far. Straight out of DA2.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

This is the new poo poo same as the old poo poo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is David Gaider still the head writer for the DA team? I figure since Mac Walters is still lead writer for Mass Effect, once you reach a certain level of success at Bioware you're basically set for life. regardless of how many gamers think you are literally Hitler.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Still, expect millions of pre-orders from idiots, many of them goons, based solely on Bioware claiming to also prefer DA:O over 2 and basically no other evidence that they're even capable of making a good game even if they wanted to.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

wait did you mistype MGRR as in rising

It's what you get if you try to pronounce 'Mgrr'.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Still, expect millions of pre-orders from idiots, many of them goons, based solely on Bioware claiming to also prefer DA:O over 2 and basically no other evidence that they're even capable of making a good game even if they wanted to.
It's the gaming circle of life.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

You can tell that these were specifically meant to be deep and badass lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

"This age has plenty of, umm, dragons so they call it the Dragon Age. But, I'll ah shoot em with arrows, so the age will be bird age instead, for only those will be in the sky when I'm done. Or, or, maybe arrow age, because the arrows in sky."

-Bobby Elfquiver

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

At first I thought that "cut people into pieces" thing was some dev gushing about like a new dismemberment engine they made but when I realized it was a line of dialogue meant to be placed inside of a game I was like this is what it's all about. This is what I'm here for.

Thank you biowarre I am smiling and crying simultaneously

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

No they said this time would be different, that they were listening to the fans and it was going to be like the game we liked instead of the game we didn't like and that they learned their lesson and and and

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Quest For Glory II posted:

Another year, another Sherlock Holmes game from the Frog zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHIkWwOwzzQ

Testament was a goddamn masterpiece and this will be too. Don't you dare speak bad about the Holmes games :colbert:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Honestly those are so bad I am now totally interested in DA3, if only to watch it as it turns into a spectacular trainwreck.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cut my age into pieces
This is a last gen port

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cut my age into pieces
This is a last gen port

Beautiful

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cut my age into pieces
This is a last gen port

Thread title. Please.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I wonder of we'll also be promised that lessons were learned from Mass Effect 3 and the next ME game is going to be totally great you guys just watch.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
I can't believe that someone in the office on the writing staff didn't look at that and go "that's loving stupid, who wrote that?"

Actually, wait, I can. Bioware.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

TotalHell posted:

I wonder of we'll also be promised that lessons were learned from Mass Effect 3 and the next ME game is going to be totally great you guys just watch.

Mass effect 3 provoked one of the largest fan reactions in history. And don't worry, we heard you loud and clear. The next mass effect game will take player choice to never before seen levels.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

rargphlam posted:

I can't believe that someone in the office on the writing staff didn't look at that and go "that's loving stupid, who wrote that?"

Actually, wait, I can. Bioware.

Reminder that Casey Hudson literally locked himself in a room with Mac Walters so he could dictate to Mac what the ending to Mass Effect 3 would be. The rest of the writing staff was not consulted or given input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

reminder that mass effect 3 literally features a fan fiction tier ninja with hanzo steel who sends you an email that says "hahahaha yuo thought you was good commodore sheppard but I wuz better i beated you and now teh monsters are winnign and killing teh peeple hahahahaha ownd fgt"

• Locked thread