Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

"We can't promote our series, starring people primarily known for their dirty improv, with videos of them doing dirty improv! Find a scene where they didn't make an incredibly bawdy sexual joke or use an objectionable word."

Also Playing House...like they wouldn't have the fuckin 'well I did order the yellowtail...' joke sure but they're not exactly clean in it! It's so weird to cut out so much because this poo poo does totally fit the tone of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

The Porta-Potty Sushi bit on I4H this week is definitely the classiest, least offensive improv I have heard in ages. I felt bad for laughing as hard as I did.

"I mean, I ordered Yellowtail..." Besser's "holy poo poo" said it all.

Possibly the hardest I've ever laughed on the bus. And it's true, people DO look at you strange. I always thought that was just a figure of speech or something. Are people not able to put "laughing" and "listening to something" together to form "listening to something funny"? or maybe it's like a "Why do you get to enjoy yourself while I'm miserable?" thing.

I was worried when the first scene was kind of a dud but goddamn that sushi scene. I hope I never stop finding fart/poo poo noises funny.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Possibly the hardest I've ever laughed on the bus. And it's true, people DO look at you strange. I always thought that was just a figure of speech or something. Are people not able to put "laughing" and "listening to something" together to form "listening to something funny"? or maybe it's like a "Why do you get to enjoy yourself while I'm miserable?" thing.

I was worried when the first scene was kind of a dud but goddamn that sushi scene. I hope I never stop finding fart/poo poo noises funny.

I would laugh at SA articles/Photoshop Phridays/etc. browsing the internet in high school (over a decade ago) and people would give me weird looks - "He's cracking himself up again." People have a hard time with the idea of something they aren't currently experiencing being funny.

That said, seeing somebody staring into the middle distance and laughing, seemingly apropos of nothing? Earbuds be damned, I wholly understand how that reads as weird. Hell, if I saw someone doing that long enough I'd be mentally preparing myself for an Active Shooter Situation. He's laughing manically, this is how it starts, the guns are about to come out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JethroMcB posted:

The Porta-Potty Sushi bit on I4H this week is definitely the classiest, least offensive improv I have heard in ages. I felt bad for laughing as hard as I did.

"I mean, I ordered Yellowtail..." Besser's "holy poo poo" said it all.

I lost my composure when sonic cam in and regained it right before that line, which immediately broke me down again. Hilarious stuff.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Vulture Festival: Adam Scott and Naomi Scott

I've time-linked to a specific question that I present here without comment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mr.capps posted:

I lost my composure when sonic cam in and regained it right before that line, which immediately broke me down again. Hilarious stuff.

I love when they get totally blindsided by something and have to keep working while laughing out of confusion

"I was created in Japan!"

"...Yea I know...The Sega corporation of Japan!"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Vulture Festival: Adam Scott and Naomi Scott

I've time-linked to a specific question that I present here without comment.

I wish I could watch that but Youtube has decided they don't like my ISP. Cool beans.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I hope they make an ep of UTU2TM with their wives their wives as guests so they can talk about how sick they are of U2.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I hope they make an ep of UTU2TM with their wives their wives as guests so they can talk about how sick they are of U2.

That would be the best show. I've loved all of the little snippets of Kulap and Naomi being fed up with the project.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well in the video Naomi says she's glad for the podcast because it means she doesn't have to talk U2 anymore.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
After two consecutive mentions of the Billy Joel video for Keeping the Faith on the internets only comprehensive podcast for U2 and only U2 discussion, I finally got around to YouTubeing it. Yeah. The cameo at the end isn't so much mind blowing as it is guaranteed to make you say "Huh? Them? Weird..."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zohn posted:

After two consecutive mentions of the Billy Joel video for Keeping the Faith on the internets only comprehensive podcast for U2 and only U2 discussion, I finally got around to YouTubeing it. Yeah. The cameo at the end isn't so much mind blowing as it is guaranteed to make you say "Huh? Them? Weird..."

Yea, I watched that Grease bullshit for 5 and a half solid minutes and...him? It's funny in a "Wow, people seriously thought he was going to be the next big thing, huh," way, and only in that way.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

JethroMcB posted:

Yea, I watched that Grease bullshit for 5 and a half solid minutes and...him? It's funny in a "Wow, people seriously thought he was going to be the next big thing, huh," way, and only in that way.

They probably did think he was going to be the next big thing after The A Team and his Wrestlemania appearances.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am 99% sure Scott has played this cameo up so Scott will watch and see the ridiculous anticipation built for the reveal of cameo, only for the video to end on Joe Piscopo winking at the camera

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

xbilkis posted:

I am 99% sure Scott has played this cameo up so Scott will watch and see the ridiculous anticipation built for the reveal of cameo, only for the video to end on Joe Piscopo winking at the camera

I just now saw who is in that exact same role at the beginning of the video, in a "You won't even notice if you aren't paying attention" cameo. Scott punk'd me good. Layers upon layers.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I was in Walgreens today and they had two sushi chefs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I was in Walgreens today and they had two sushi chefs.

The store I go to has a little sushi...kiosk I guess? It's always run by this old rear end Japanese lady and you can see her making stuff. I've bought from them before and it's been good but ever since that episode I kinda gave it a sideways look.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Watching Keeping the Faith covers did lead me to this though http://youtu.be/WrNVABNErj0

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

mennoknight posted:

Watching Keeping the Faith covers did lead me to this though http://youtu.be/WrNVABNErj0

hahaha

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I'm so glad Hayes and Sean are expanding on the skellington concept introduced in the Dave Thomas episode.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hollywood Handbook was really strong this week #YesAndUsAsWell

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sean and Hayes' grammar deserves praise.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Sean and Hayes' grammar deserves praise.

"Is her head is a skull though?"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm glad they brought Cochran on again to make the exact same jokes from RSS about how he somehow got a television writing job because he won Survivor. This is not a sarcastic post; it brought me just as much joy the second time. Plus they got to talk about how he made fun of a Filipino bushman!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I like how they referenced when he was trying to be coy about going to Harvard with the ol' "college in Boston" line

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

xbilkis posted:

I'm glad they brought Cochran on again to make the exact same jokes from RSS about how he somehow got a television writing job because he won Survivor. This is not a sarcastic post; it brought me just as much joy the second time. Plus they got to talk about how he made fun of a Filipino bushman!

Them going back to Cochran's comment about the Filipino guy jerking off to the memories of the "big white women" made him like, palpably uncomfortable and it ruled.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Them going back to Cochran's comment about the Filipino guy jerking off to the memories of the "big white women" made him like, palpably uncomfortable and it ruled.

I especially enjoyed it since the Survivor dude would not play along AT ALL with the whole point of the show being that they are all Hollywood big wigs. After they clowned on him, he started to understand it's a comedy podcast.

Anyone listen to the Norm McDonald podcast? The way he reads the horrible ad-copy for Hulu's new show Deadbeat sounds like Sean is reading it: "It's about a pot-smoking guy who talks to ghosts"

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

The season finale of UTU2TM is utterly bonkers and wonderful. 30-minute Russian nesting doll of sub-podcasts included

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Season Finale"? So sad.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Power of Pecota posted:

Yeah I was actually glad they did this because he was a good RSS guest but they never called him on it then, when the original clip was one of their best breakdowns from that show.

Hearing them just nail him, and his palpable nervousness was AMAZING. Great episode. They're also right, Jersey Boys looks like a piece of poo poo. Shame because it's an awesome musical, but Clint Eastwood appears to have not "adapted" it at all and decided to shoot it through a brown film (which I'm surprised they didn't mention).

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm just blue turtlin' here but I feel like I'm going to miss UTU2TM.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I would be cool with just a podcast of Scott & Scott talking for an hour each week. I don't really care about what.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The fact that they commit to this being a "commentary" is just :allears:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

PFT's howl of laughter after Harris's Chris Christie joke was the greatest thing ever.

This might have been the most happy PFT has ever been on a podcast. Love it.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
I'm going to miss UTU2TM, those were some Good Epps.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

PFT's howl of laughter after Harris's Chris Christie joke was the greatest thing ever.

This might have been the most happy PFT has ever been on a podcast. Love it.

I thought when the "commentary" started, "Oh, Harris and PFT and Lance Bangs won't really be in this episode, they'll just be talking over clips." It was a nice surprise when I heard PFT cackling like a madman all of...2 minutes later.

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
Am I losing my mind?! Where the hell was my dicks and butts super cut?!

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Frankenfinger posted:

Holy poo poo. I better see the head of an engineer Cody on a pike for this, preferably engineer Cody Cody.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Frankenfinger posted:

Someone posted this on the Earwolf forms:
http://oh-whiskers.tumblr.com/post/84788590906/u-talkin-u2-to-me-a-dicks-and-buttholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Listening to this episode of UTU2TM feels like having a complete mental breakdown, it's brilliant. Going to miss this podcast way too much.