Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

2 was basically about how stupid and terrible generic jrpg protagonists were
also about how caim is a motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

third verse is the same as the first. im really impressed by 3

e: like i straight up am like 'oh man that's lovely' because you hear soldiers beg for their life and do poo poo like hide in corners when they're at low health and poo poo :smith: but gently caress it its a video game

you're still a good person

Dec 26, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

The best one is what happens if you get the final ending to nier, which is that all your files are indelibly erased

not only is it erased, it visibly goes through each category and erases it as you watch, and you also cant start a new file with a character of the same name

what im saying is nier owns

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

stoutfish posted:

very rarely do companies take content that was intended to be in the base game and sell it as dlc (mass effect 3)

no this is literally what the dragon age 2 dlc was

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

stoutfish posted:

monkey cheese is so passe, it's all about bacon narwhal now.

yes, ban that guy who likes the f2p shooter Loadout

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

i have a $25 credit at indigo what book or blu ray or video game or board game or fashion scarf should i buy?

(seriously when did book stores decide to carry everything under the sun? it's weird as heck, i blame amazon cargo culting)

ready player one. the kid stays in the picture. kill list. in the spirit of crazy horse ( a book everyone should read).

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

lol wrong. dxhr owns

nope. the plot is incoherent and I gave so little of a gently caress I never even bothered to finish it. also that loving gold filter made every environment look the same. also it was way more linear than the original ever was, and the boss fights were terrible

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

also lol uPlay is so hosed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Blackula69 posted:

nope. the plot is incoherent and I gave so little of a gently caress I never even bothered to finish it. also that loving gold filter made every environment look the same. also it was way more linear than the original ever was, and the boss fights were terrible

i disagee

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Blackula69 posted:

also lol uPlay is so hosed

i agree

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blackula69 posted:

all of this is true. dxhr is not a good game

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the dxhr experience is wandering around after you've KO'ed everybody and going "huh, I could've used this piece of purpose-built level geometry to sneak through here and do something awesome if I'd noticed it the first time through"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dxhr is good and more importantly true to the original

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Blackula69 posted:

no this is literally what the dragon age 2 dlc was

bioware is lovely

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

stoutfish posted:

bioware is lovely

bioware made me3 coop though so someone there is cool

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

stoutfish posted:

bioware is lovely

agreedo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i like dxhr

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dxhr is really hilariously overrated but hey to each their own

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

stoutfish posted:

very rarely do companies take content that was intended to be in the base game and sell it as dlc (mass effect 3)
Arkham Origins did this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Arkham Origins did this

What was that? I ain't finish the game yet because it kinda sucks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Unless you mean the Catwoman DLC in City, then yup, lmao.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

the dxhr experience is wandering around after you've KO'ed everybody and going "huh, I could've used this piece of purpose-built level geometry to sneak through here and do something awesome if I'd noticed it the first time through"

lol yup. splinter cell did it first

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What was that? I ain't finish the game yet because it kinda sucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7deucDlmwE&t=603s

they pulled some of the missions out of the full game to include it in the Cold Cold Heart DLC

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7deucDlmwE&t=603s

they pulled some of the missions out of the full game to include it in the Cold Cold Heart DLC

Oh. The cat woman poo poo is pretty much exactly the same as the ME3 Javik DLC though, which is why I assumed.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

galciv 2 owns and invalidates the need for galciv 1

Thanks, pal!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

get the fan patch if you insist on buying Galciv2

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

the plot was pretty straight forward. idk what there was to not understand

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

understanding the plot of video games is like understanding a spoon

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEMaM7INNI

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Jerry Cotton posted:

understanding the plot of video games is like understanding a spoon
nice matrix reference

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shaggar posted:

the plot was pretty straight forward. idk what there was to not understand

yeah they explain the entire conspiracy in the opening cutscene and then you keep waiting for a twist

like it's no fun if everyone besides the pilot is in on the conspiracy and the whole "push button, receive ending" thing too

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
hey what's the name of that game in development where you rescue a wolf/dog thing and have to work together with it to solve puzzles? i think it's on ps3/4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
The Last Guardian

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Silver Alicorn posted:

The Last Guardian

any drama re:cancellation yet?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it seems like a ton of games are designed now so you see every inch of the maps, maybe throwing some useless collectibles in the nooks and crannies, but there's no real exploration anymore except bethesda games I guess

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
we'll see this e3 if they have a last guardian, maybe they can get it done on ps4

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dark souls still v good at surprising you

last guardian will be the last game before video james as we know them are dead, it will fail to guard the future of games but maybe it will guard the youths of the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

it seems like a ton of games are designed now so you see every inch of the maps, maybe throwing some useless collectibles in the nooks and crannies, but there's no real exploration anymore except bethesda games I guess

Even Bethesda games dont have that much exploration since you're mainly going to find stuff from the leveled-loot list and not unique items

• Locked thread