Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

TL;DR:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

trapped mouse posted:

It is a good thing they used a cute Charles Schulz character to express this absurdly horrible opinion.
Also, white supremacists have a pretty phenomenally low bar for something being considered "genocide" apparently?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I think we can all agree that the sport with the most drama queens is soccer/football.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

"Baby in a blender"

Clearly that guy does not understand how abortions work.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Because I can't see who posted it this picture looks to me like Curt posted it, liked it, commented on it, and liked his own comment.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Hockey as a sport is still deeply entrenched in tough-guy mentality (one of the appeals to me personally, but yeah that macro is dumb.) It was only recently that the last player not required to wear a face shield actually aged out of play. If it wasn't required to wear one (helmet/shield/mouthguard, whatever) when you signed your contract, they can't make you start. Watch "Slapshot" or Knuckles on netflix... Ones a comedy and ones a documentary, gives a lot of insight into the mentality of hockey players.

My boyfriend was almost a pro hockey player, until a torn MCL took him out for nine months of rehab and he could never recover his speed in skating. He has a full bridge, part of his ear missing and a repaired finger from where someone nearly bit it off. The game is actually really complicated, much more a game of chess than checkers, but there is a distinct element of violence and physicality.

Just wanted to point out that it was actually helmets that just recently became mandatory for everyone - they grandfathered it in and the last player without one retired in 1997. The part you still don't have to wear is a visor, which is just as insane given that you're playing with a six-ounce piece of frozen rubber that frequently travels at 100 mph+. Plenty of players have sustained terrible eye injuries before they were finally convinced to wear one. There's a lot to be said for being a fierce competitor, but hockey still absolutely has a lot of tough-guy nonsense and celebrating the kind of thing that ends careers is kind of stupid.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cleretic posted:

If anything, the comparison to hockey just makes hockey players sound really dumb. I mean I dont' know the rules to either game in relation to stuff like this, but if you're at a disadvantage because of an injury, substituting you for a player that isn't is just logical.

I can't imagine that a player with a broken leg is going to play especially well.

Hockey is a game where people argue for the inclusion of fights because who cares about concussions.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

How is Mike Bossy cheaper than Brett Hull and Jagr? The person who made this and all my dumb friends who didn't snap up Bossy for their RW sure are Idiots on Social Media!

Shut up about Hockey you goddamn nerds.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

All on Black posted:

Just wanted to point out that it was actually helmets that just recently became mandatory for everyone - they grandfathered it in and the last player without one retired in 1997. The part you still don't have to wear is a visor, which is just as insane given that you're playing with a six-ounce piece of frozen rubber that frequently travels at 100 mph+. Plenty of players have sustained terrible eye injuries before they were finally convinced to wear one. There's a lot to be said for being a fierce competitor, but hockey still absolutely has a lot of tough-guy nonsense and celebrating the kind of thing that ends careers is kind of stupid.

They actually made visors mandatory starting this season, but again, those who weren't wearing them before the rule change can continue to not wear them.

Something else to note is that the visor only covers from the helmet down to the tip of the nose, leaving the jaw exposed. If a player decided they wanted full face protection they wouldn't be able to do so without explicit permission from the team doctor, which would only be given for legitimate medical reasons (read: broken jaw).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Segmentation Fault posted:

A hilarious oversight on the part of whoever wrote the bot that posts these. The author probably sorted the words using the unicode for each letter, and é is further down the list than z is (in fact é isn't a standard ascii character but exists past 0x7F).

He wrote the bot in 2007, according to some stories this week, and expected it to break some time ago.

Meanwhile:

Reason for the service disruption? Person fell under a train. :stare:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

There Was a shooting at a Georgia courthouse. Some sovereign citizen guy injured a police man and then the many cops at the courthouse unloaded into the guy. There's gotta be some idiot's claiming this guy was a hero.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

All on Black posted:

You are correct, I phrased that poorly. I meant that as new things became required, helmets, then face guards, different pads, etc., players were grandfathered in and didn't have to adopt the new safety standards unless they wanted to.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Blocked out his first name, but the guy actually calls himself Bloodaxe. He's Iranian so I can understand why he doesn't like Islamic theocracies, but he's somehow turned into... this, and doesn't seem to like women very much himself. The weirdest thing is he likes a whole load of neo-Nazi pages too despite the fact he'd be the first against the wall if they got any power.

also "No wonder aliens wont loving talk to us"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Stottie Kyek posted:

Blocked out his first name, but the guy actually calls himself Bloodaxe. He's Iranian so I can understand why he doesn't like Islamic theocracies, but he's somehow turned into... this, and doesn't seem to like women very much himself. The weirdest thing is he likes a whole load of neo-Nazi pages too despite the fact he'd be the first against the wall if they got any power.

also "No wonder aliens wont loving talk to us"

It's kinda weird he compares it to a jew wearing a swastika, since it's more like a jew eating pork, and I don't know many jews that keep kosher.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Stottie Kyek posted:

The weirdest thing is he likes a whole load of neo-Nazi pages too despite the fact he'd be the first against the wall if they got any power.

I dunno, he is an Aryan, after all :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sorry I don't now a whole lot about Islam to be honest, what exactly is she doing that is like "a jew wearing a swastika"? Is it the showing skin in shorts/short sleeves while still wearing the head thing? Cause isn't that whole thing really more of a suggestion than a rule

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It's the part where she's drinking. Islam, from what I recall from my admittedly limited background, frowns very heavily on drinking alcohol.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

People not practicing every single part of their religion when they don't feel like it?

That poo poo never happens.

you may die
Dec 15, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

It's the part where she's drinking. Islam, from what I recall from my admittedly limited background, frowns very heavily on drinking alcohol.

And the Torah has some very strict rules about women wearing swastikas.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Regalingualius posted:

It varies. Some rare groups of liberal Muslims only prohibit hard alcohol or specifically drinking to get drunk. Certain branches of Islam allow drinking but they are fairly rare (notably the Alawites who are questionably Muslim). Either way its a thing that doesn't cast you out of the religion, there are very clear and well defined steps you take in order to basically apologize to god for breaking his rules.

I mean, why he's really stupid is because there are a lot of people who wear those styles of head coverings that have nothing to do with Islam. Jains, Druze and Zoroastrians also wear very similar head coverings and I have known Jewish women who do too.

Plus, you know, those head wraps look awesome I wouldn't be shocked if more western people don't adopt them just because they have a lot of color and flair.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Regalingualius posted:

Islam actually outright prohibits the consumption of alcohol. There are various verses about it, actually, one of which only prohibits praying when drunk. Another one prohibits all intoxicants entirely, calling them tools of Satan. Another one says that the bad sides of alcohol outweigh the good so you really shouldn't drink.

Even so, the Koran is not friendly to alcohol and Islamic states often forbid it entirely. Which, as was said, doesn't always accomplish much because some Muslims drink anyway. It isn't a deadly sin level transgression and Allah isn't going to drat you forever because you took a shot of whiskey once but Muhammad was pretty specific about "alcohol = bad."

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Islam actually outright prohibits the consumption of alcohol. There are various verses about it, actually, one of which only prohibits praying when drunk. Another one prohibits all intoxicants entirely, calling them tools of Satan. Another one says that the bad sides of alcohol outweigh the good so you really shouldn't drink.

Even so, the Koran is not friendly to alcohol and Islamic states often forbid it entirely. Which, as was said, doesn't always accomplish much because some Muslims drink anyway. It isn't a deadly sin level transgression and Allah isn't going to drat you forever because you took a shot of whiskey once but Muhammad was pretty specific about "alcohol = bad."

For high-level Islamic love of wine, women boys, and song, check out Abu Nuwas.

As for the headscarf thing, it's been interpreted a number of ways, but they generally agree that you're fine as long as skin is covered. So fancy scarves and skin-tight clothing is a-okay.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Fake Marine girl is at it again. She 'wants to be deployed' but her asvab scores were so abysmal they still refuse to put her anywhere besides the cafeteria. At the same time, she thinks women don't belong on the front lines because they are a distraction to the stronger, better, male marines, or some equally baffling poo poo. Basically she wants to make 90k a year to sit in a bunker and check her facebook.

Nice to see an actual Marine call her out on not actually making any sort of effort while wanting credit for it.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Fake Marine girl is at it again. She 'wants to be deployed' but her asvab scores were so abysmal they still refuse to put her anywhere besides the cafeteria. At the same time, she thinks women don't belong on the front lines because they are a distraction to the stronger, better, male marines, or some equally baffling poo poo. Basically she wants to make 90k a year to sit in a bunker and check her facebook.

Nice to see an actual Marine call her out on not actually making any sort of effort while wanting credit for it.

She's not going to make $90k a year deployed unless she's a staff officer at the least. That said, if she actually wanted to deploy but didn't want to be active duty she really should have joined the National Guard.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

She's deluded in a lot of ways, I wouldn't be surprised if she expected an officer's position during deployment even though she's in no way qualified.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Apparent Facebook page for one of the nutjobs that shot some cops in Vegas. It's more or a less non-stop crazy train.
https://www.facebook.com/jerad.miller.1

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'll show those people that gun owners aren't dangerous! I'll show them by shooting some cops!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Apparent Facebook page for one of the nutjobs that shot some cops in Vegas. It's more or a less non-stop crazy train.

hahahahahaha

Edit: It's official, the US is no better off than Mexico.

Must be all those cartels decapitating people in Nebraska.

Maker Of Shoes has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Jun 9, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

viral marketing for resident evil 7

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/USATruePatriot/videos

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

What are the conspirators' motives here? We'll use our vast secret resources to create and distribute a biological weapon to make people's noses kinda stuffy?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Dr. Horowitz is a dentist, so he knows what he's talking about :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What are the conspirators' motives here? We'll use our vast globe-spanning resources to create and distribute a biological weapon to make people's noses mildly stuffy?

I'm sure they can rope in BIG PHARMA some how.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Neurion posted:

Dr. Horowitz is a dentist, so he knows what he's talking about :v:

Wonder what his position on fluoride is.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
My dad went to the dentist once and the doctor apparently did not know mercury was poisonous.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This made me sad today on Facebook.

A stripper friend made a dumb "Haha I only get $5 a night you say? Hoho here's a picture with a wad of cash" pic.

quote:

I know How poo poo Go At Vixens. Your rear end Individually Probably Only Make $5 By Yourself. I'm Pretty Sure You Broads Go On The Stage More Then One At A Time? All You Females Split That poo poo. I'm Also Sure That's How You Make Your Bread Shawty, They Get It All Stacked Up & Your Dusty rear end Jus Collect It For Free. I'm Hip To The Strip Club Scene. Let Me Catch You There One Night Boo .. I Got You Tho. 😅 Ima Help You Out A Lil Bit. Throw You Some Chump Change.

Accusations of being a hater were thrown.

quote:

Naw. Not a hater? Tf is there to hate on? Yu a fuckin thot. Yu show yur pussy to old rear end men for bread. Have some respect for yurself.

Maybe a good point, but sort of invalidated in this medium and given the the original post (the first quote).

Friend asks why she has her on her Friends list if she's mad. Claims they dont even know each other.

quote:

I ain't worried bout what you do .. You wanna get naked for grown rear end men & put your pussy in their face then do you. I only come in when your rear end bring my man into it .. Tryna b a fuckin hoe and sayin some stupid poo poo. If a nigga gotta female in his life, don't come at him incorrect .. Especially when you kno that his girl gonna flip poo poo. How tf is that so hard for you to understand?! If you woulda never came out the side of your neck then I wouldn't even b trippin bout it frfr. Ima let you do you, jus don't bring my nigga into it .. Simple as that. & for the fifth time, NOT PRESSED. Jus proving my fuckin point & makin sure you understand wtf I'm saying. You don't gotta kno me but yu disrespected tf outta me like you knew me. & most ppl, especislly myself, DO NOT take that poo poo lightly.

quote:

& on top of that with all these little posts that I KNOW are directed towards me in any way, of course ima say somethin to your rear end. I'm not gonna play & try to ignore the poo poo when I kno you only tryna b cute & stir the pot some more. I'm not like these other bitches, ima prove my point one way or another regardless.

Friend replies with "Ok". Whole situation ends. This was in every way a shameful display for both parties. It really annoyed me, and I'm not even positive why.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't know about anyone else but my colds come and go. Does that mean that the conspiracy only works some of the time?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kraps posted:

I don't know about anyone else but my colds come and go. Does that mean that the conspiracy only works some of the time?

When you're sick, you stay home...where the chemtrails can't get you! :tinfoil:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Excels posted:

My dad went to the dentist once and the doctor apparently did not know mercury was poisonous.

Mercury in general, or mercury in dental amalgam? Because in amalgam it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Irradiation posted:

Mercury in general, or mercury in dental amalgam? Because in amalgam it's fine.

Yeah trust the NUCLEAR guy! :tinfoil:
These chemtrails must be really powerful if they can reach over the Atlantic. I thought I just had a mild flu earlier, but I guess it's a global conspiracy now?

• Locked thread