Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Some of them look real like the Blockbuster one but a lot are STDH.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Philip J Fry posted:

Speaking of which, Bill Watterson did a thing.

When I saw this I immediately knew it was Watterson.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Memento posted:

Am I the only person in the western world that thinks he's basically a low-effort troll in email re:re:re:fw:re: form, and not funny in the slightest?
I'm with you on this. The spider one was funny, as it was relatively original. But his other ones are just boring and samey. There's one where a woman wants a picture of her dead cat and it makes me sad because she just wants a nice picture and he's messing her about :(

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Ewan posted:

I'm with you on this. The spider one was funny, as it was relatively original. But his other ones are just boring and samey. There's one where a woman wants a picture of her dead cat and it makes me sad because she just wants a nice picture and he's messing her about :(

The cat's missing, not dead. Also, Missing Missy is, quite frankly, art.

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sensenmann posted:

Wow this guy is a real jackass.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Sensenmann posted:

Yeah that was it, and that makes it even worse. Poor lady, I hope she found her cat :(

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Why it's just a cat

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You realize they are all STDH.txt, right?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Bhodi posted:

No don't ruin it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Something Awful dot Com
"things that are clearly jokes confuse us"

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

a kitten posted:

Something Awful dot Com
"things confuse us"

ftfy

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

umalt posted:

BATS AREN'T BUGS!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

:thejoke:

Someone even replied with the line from the next panel ;)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Master Twig posted:

The question that presents itself from that picture is this:

Is it worse to eat a skittle when you're expecting an M&M or to eat an M&M expecting a skittle?

Hey, we may have moved on from this, but I just wanted to state - unequivocally and without exception - that Skittles are poo poo and poo poo people eat them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I read the book. It's fan fiction from the big lewdbowski.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

If anyone was wondering, it's from backstage at a Guns N Roses concert. Here he is with fat Axel and a bunch of lovely hats.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Tch. Typical cuteural appropriation from ciscat scum.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dillbag posted:

If anyone was wondering, it's from backstage at a Guns N Roses concert. Here he is with fat Axel and a bunch of lovely hats.

The bottle of jaeg is probably filled with Metamucil.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Mezzanine posted:

:thejoke:

Someone even replied with the line from the next panel ;)

I know that's the joke, it's the friggin funny pictures thread and I was supplying the image version.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I love that absolutely nobody recognized Andrew Dice Clay in that picture. gently caress that untalented hack.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

AlbieQuirky posted:

I love that absolutely nobody recognized Andrew Dice Clay in that picture. gently caress that untalented hack.

We were working on a reality show about his life a couple of years back. Clay's life is hilarious. He is (was) living with his ex-wife, his new wife, his mother-in-law, his son, and maybe some other people. He was scrambling to work every gig he could because he couldn't stop playing blackjack, and he was thoroughly convinced that he was still a monster star. The man lives in a bubble of outrageous delusion.

That's as of two or three years ago. I don't know if he got his poo poo together in the interim.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Tiggum posted:

Regular M&Ms don't have nuts in them and the ones that do aren't the same shape as Skittles though.

:chef: In high school I had a teacher with a nut allergy right when that "fad illness" was taking off (this isn't the place to rant about THAT phenomena) and she informed me that apparently the candy shells for M&Ms are made with nuts in their recipe, so even the chocolate ones still have nuts in them. Not to mention that they're made on the same machinery as the peanut ones, which apparently is often enough for those with allergies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ewan posted:

I'm with you on this. The spider one was funny, as it was relatively original. But his other ones are just boring and samey.
Some of them aren't great, but there are some really good ones. Missing Missy is one of them. Dear Neighbour, you are not invited to my party is also fantastic.

Bhodi posted:

I used to be a big fan of Terry Pratchett, until I learned that Discworld isn't even a real place and he just made up those funny stories. So I really hope you're wrong, because things are only funny if they actually happened in real life.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Not to mention that they're made on the same machinery as the peanut ones, which apparently is often enough for those with allergies.

At least here in Canada some candy will have a specific icon on the packaging indicating that not only is it peanut-free, it's not even made in a facility that handles peanuts at all. They're pretty rigorous and the types of M&M's that don't have nuts in them are pretty much all certified this way.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I know that's the joke, it's the friggin funny pictures thread and I was supplying the image version.

Sorry man, guess that was harsh. I even put a winking thing at the end and everything.

Here, have a woolen dictator.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Tiggum posted:

Some of them aren't great, but there are some really good ones. Missing Missy is one of them. Dear Neighbour, you are not invited to my party is also fantastic.

I used to be a big fan of Terry Pratchett, until I learned that Discworld isn't even a real place and he just made up those funny stories. So I really hope you're wrong, because things are only funny if they actually happened in real life.

They lose a lot of humor when you realize that David Thorne got pissed at people and passive agressively wrote fanfiction about them in which he's the badass star. They're still kinda funny, but it's also pathetic because he does prank humor. The humor involves the idea that David Thorne is pranking real people, not the cleverness of his prose. Since there's no prankee, it's rather like finding out that Jackass uses CGI and prosthetic ballsacks.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Centripetal Horse posted:

We were working on a reality show about his life a couple of years back. Clay's life is hilarious. He is (was) living with his ex-wife, his new wife, his mother-in-law, his son, and maybe some other people. He was scrambling to work every gig he could because he couldn't stop playing blackjack, and he was thoroughly convinced that he was still a monster star. The man lives in a bubble of outrageous delusion.

That's as of two or three years ago. I don't know if he got his poo poo together in the interim.

Didn't he moonlight on a few episodes of Entourage? I think that was him.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

The funniest part about this was my anguish at trying to squint hard enough to read what was circled, then scrolling down to see the zoomed in part. :v:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Nuclear War posted:

There's like five mongolians though

Mongolians only come in hordes, dude.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:v:

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

The funniest part about this was my anguish at trying to squint hard enough to read what was circled, then scrolling down to see the zoomed in part. :v:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that happened to. :v:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ccs posted:

There's probably a lot more people who are stable but also fans in America because it's from a different culture, and therefore the weirdness is separate? And they think mainstream Japan approves of it.
I know a few people who work at hedge funds and big banks on wall street but at the same time watch and are really into the AKB00048 anime and similar shows.

I wonder if that means there are Japanese salarymen that are super into Tumblr because they think it represents mainstream America.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I wonder if that means there are Japanese salarymen that are super into Tumblr because they think it represents mainstream America.

Not many Japanese actually know English or care about other cultures at all, so no.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

AlbieQuirky posted:

If it helps, i also don't recognize the person in the blue jacket I'm apparently supposed to recognize.

In the first photo with the sunglasses it kind of looks like Johnny Knoxville, but in the second it looks like a bad Nicolas Cage impersonator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

It's apparently Nicolas Cage. I thought Andy Kaufman had come back to life at first.

• Locked thread