Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
...I wasn't really watching the GT feed for a bit there and it seems the villain from Far Cry 4 is demoing Dance Central.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The Crusher posted:

I missed a lot of stuff, so which game had this and in what was the exact representation of the flag?

In the new rainbow six conceptual beta trailer demo it was swat people trying to save a hostage from some criminals. The hostage is female.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Widestancer posted:

:laffo: is this actually a thing

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/476145744403894273

Anita says it best, it's gonna be really cool when kids play these games and see yet another reinforcement that women are just objects. Good going Ubisoft :bravo:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd like a WW1 shooter to be entirely about a crazy group of French guys who get outrageous drunk and drive an armored truck or some sort of tank-like thing around every major battle field for awhile, shooting at guys and singing uproarious patriotic French songs, and instead of a health meter you have a wine bottle which steadily goes down, so you tend to target officers on the battlefield and hold them up for booze before roaring off again.

It all ends with you guys taking over a winery and defending it from wave upon wave of German soldiers, until there's a great big "last showdown" finale as the entire ware machine surges in to destroy a single winery, all while a voices sing La Marseillaise in voices that grow louder than the guns and the bombs and the tanks and the last shot of it all is a wine glass shattering on the floor

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Women can never be hostages again in anything ever

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

The Crusher posted:

I missed a lot of stuff, so which game had this and in what was the exact representation of the flag?

Rainbow 6: Siege had a helpless woman hostage as the 'flag' in a fight between the the terrorists/counterterrorists in a 5 on 5 match.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strategic Tea posted:

Eh, they'd have to gamify it a hell of a lot, but that's pretty much what they've already done for WW2 and the modern day.

the thing about ww1 mods/games i've played is that no one ever mans the machine guns because they just get pixel sniped, so you never really get an experience resembling the real thing, just skirmishes between bolt action riflemen in a moonscape

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe they can provide options like in spelunky, and let you choose a man or a dog to be hostage

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
dying light looks great and i am hype for it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fucker posted:

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/476145744403894273

Anita says it best, it's gonna be really cool when kids play these games and see yet another reinforcement that women are just objects. Good going Ubisoft :bravo:

:qq: I guess I'm defective because I feel like my worth as a human being (and a woman by extension) isn't defined by whatever media is out there and is instead defined by my own accomplishments in life instead of how much I can sit in tumblr and twitter bitching about this or that. :qq:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'd like a WW1 shooter to be entirely about a crazy group of French guys who get outrageous drunk and drive an armored truck or some sort of tank-like thing around every major battle field for awhile, shooting at guys and singing uproarious patriotic French songs, and instead of a health meter you have a wine bottle which steadily goes down, so you tend to target officers on the battlefield and hold them up for booze before roaring off again.

It all ends with you guys taking over a winery and defending it from wave upon wave of German soldiers, until there's a great big "last showdown" finale as the entire ware machine surges in to destroy a single winery, all while a voices sing La Marseillaise in voices that grow louder than the guns and the bombs and the tanks and the last shot of it all is a wine glass shattering on the floor

somebody hire this guy

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

Babyface Mingo posted:

dying light looks great and i am hype for it

It's like Mirror's Edge with Dead Islands combat system. Could be super rad.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Panzeh posted:

the thing about ww1 mods/games i've played is that no one ever mans the machine guns because they just get pixel sniped, so you never really get an experience resembling the real thing, just skirmishes between bolt action riflemen in a moonscape
It wouldn't be an experience resembling the real thing without artillery strikes shelling the poo poo out of trench encampments for hours on end.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

randombattle posted:

In the new rainbow six conceptual beta trailer demo it was swat people trying to save a hostage from some criminals. The hostage is female.

Calde posted:

Rainbow 6: Siege had a helpless woman hostage as the 'flag' in a fight between the the terrorists/counterterrorists in a 5 on 5 match.

Oh. I was hoping it was some fancy flag with a stock picture of a pinup babe on the fabric. That's hardly worth mentioning.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SHE IS A HELPLESS FEMALE CHARACTER!

fivegears4reverse posted:

Maybe they can provide options like in spelunky, and let you choose a man or a dog to be hostage

Super serious swat team trying to save from criminals would be amazing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Make it a roguelike and you've got my vote.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

How about a cake, that way nobody would be offended.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Now are you saying women and dogs are equals? I'm disgusted.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

PrBacterio posted:

It wouldn't be an experience resembling the real thing without artillery strikes shelling the poo poo out of trench encampments for hours on end.

Another thing that works better in the movies than in vidya games.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Widestancer posted:

:qq: I guess I'm defective because I feel like my worth as a human being (and a woman by extension) isn't defined by whatever media is out there and is instead defined by my own accomplishments in life instead of how much I can sit in tumblr and twitter bitching about this or that. :qq:

The problem isn't just the way you view yourself, but the way men view you hth

but hey you do fine in this society so I guess that means sexism in media is over

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Kids will play Tomb Raider and see Lara Croft's big titties and they will all objectify you and treat you like a worthless object and you will be to blame because you didn't stop this from happening.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
hey guys, cool games, hope I can play as a small chested female in them otherwise i'll complain for months and months, well thanks for your time. bye.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

How about a cake, that way nobody would be offended.

I'm lactose intolerant, die cis sucm

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

Now are you saying women and dogs are equals? I'm disgusted.

Not really, I think I would fight harder to rescue the dog :smug:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I demand a halt to all social progress because it makes me uncomfortable

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
How does it feel to know this fantastic looking game is probably going to sell at least 1000 copies for everyone who cares about "lol the woman is the flag sexist conspiracy confirmed"?

Widestancer posted:

Clearly you have just been subjected to so many subliminal messages by the sexist sexists that you have just internalized the values of your oppressors and...

Oh, goddamnit, I can't even retype this with a straight face.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dogs and women are both better than males

kill all males

Flectarn
May 29, 2013
never complain about video games ever.
p.s tumblr tumblr tumblr problematic sjw tumblr

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Fucker posted:

Kids will play Tomb Raider and see Lara Croft's big titties and they will all objectify you and treat you like a worthless object and you will be to blame because you didn't stop this from happening.

And then kids will see Lara kill countless men with her bow and arrow and go around assuming all women are violent killing machines who will kill any man on sight with no hesitation. There should just be no women at all in video games so the kids don't get confused.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

my spirit animal is a dog can i live

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pomp posted:

The problem isn't just the way you view yourself, but the way men view you hth

but hey you do fine in this society so I guess that means sexism in media is over

I really dislike how societal phenomena have become these inescapable things in modern leftism.

Fucker posted:

it was frankly all over for me when i played final fantasy 7 and tifa joined the party

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

bloodysabbath posted:

How does it feel to know this fantastic looking game is probably going to sell at least 1000 copies for everyone who cares about "lol the woman is the flag sexist conspiracy confirmed"?

Those people are almost entirely the reason Dragon's Crown sold so well in the states

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Orv posted:

Make it a roguelike and you've got my vote.

How could it possibly be a roguelike with that premise

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pomp posted:

Dogs and women are both better than males

kill all males

I agree with you on dogs.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I used to think of women as human beings but then I saw a woman was a hostage in a lovely shootmans game and suddenly realized they are just objects after all! Thank you video games for setting me straight!

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

And then kids will see Lara kill countless men with her bow and arrow and go around assuming all women are violent killing machines who will kill any man on sight with no hesitation. There should just be no women at all in video games so the kids don't get confused.

Actually, that's a terrible idea, because then that only makes it even more obvious that Women are worthless. They're so worthless they're not into any game.

The solution is to not have gender in media, period.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
to be fair women are indeed helpless and i'm glad mario set that in stone, i will kill anita sarkeesian

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It would probably be smart to wait and be sure hostages aren't just "totally randomly generated NPC" that can be either male or female before getting all up in arms about it but video games are serious business and all

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The SWAT team should just rescue breasts without a woman attached so there aren't any mixed messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

bloodysabbath posted:

As I've said before, I don't care, I'm just not going to buy it. Also :lol: at you calling that fake as hell trailer that didn't contain a single minute of real gameplay footage a "fantastic looking game."

• Locked thread