Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

bloodysabbath posted:

How does it feel to know this fantastic looking game is probably going to sell at least 1000 copies for everyone who cares about "lol the woman is the flag sexist conspiracy confirmed"?
As I've said before, I don't care, I'm just not going to buy it. Also :lol: at you calling that fake as hell trailer that didn't contain a single minute of real gameplay footage a "fantastic looking game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

More like boobie-soft amirite?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Calde posted:

Rainbow 6: Siege had a helpless woman hostage as the 'flag' in a fight between the the terrorists/counterterrorists in a 5 on 5 match.

It would be easier to associate the hostage as an actual person if the hostage didn't, you know, sit in one spot after being dropped and never say a thing ever. Like a flag.

Hostages, and people in general, don't just sit in one place and say nothing during times of extreme duress. Clearly, priority was given to the voice overs and how important it was to keep tabs on Havoc instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fucker posted:

Actually, that's a terrible idea, because then that only makes it even more obvious that Women are worthless. They're so worthless they're not into any game.

The solution is to not have gender in media, period.

All games are about robots now. Problem solved.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lemming posted:

I demand a halt to all social progress because it makes me uncomfortable

We can start small and begin with your posting

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Also someone should fix the thread title to say "where they *didn't* announce BGaE2" :colbert:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

The SWAT team should just rescue breasts without a woman attached so there aren't any mixed messages.

Great, then kids will grow up thinking breasts are just worthless objects.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

It would probably be smart to wait and be sure hostages aren't just "totally randomly generated NPC" that can be either male or female before getting all up in arms about it but video games are serious business and all

all of this but all of it unironically

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Wandle Cax posted:

And then kids will see Lara kill countless men with her bow and arrow and go around assuming all women are violent killing machines who will kill any man on sight with no hesitation. There should just be no women at all in video games so the kids don't get confused.

Actually they will probably just see Lara getting impaled through the jaw in graphic detail for every death scene cause those devs really loved those graphic death scenes in the last game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Motto posted:

Are you saying all robots are objects? :colbert:

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Isizzlehorn posted:

It would be easier to associate the hostage as an actual person if the hostage didn't, you know, sit in one spot after being dropped and never say a thing ever. Like a flag.

Hostages, and people in general, don't just sit in one place and say nothing during times of extreme duress. Clearly, priority was given to the voice overs and how important it was to keep tabs on Havoc instead.

you've never been a hostage with armed robbers in the same room wrecking your house have you you gently caress

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
The hostage should have been a baby.
It should have been blown up at the end.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
rofl

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

There already have been female assassins in ac games, bunch of dumb fucks

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Honestly most of the autistic poors who would act against women because of media should probably be worried about cops kicking in their doors at 3am and if a video game wants to reinforce that in their retarded little brains I'm okay with that

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pomp posted:

all of this but all of it unironically

i hope they represent the trans community when considering hostage models

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Isizzlehorn posted:

Gee it's almost like the hostage was traumatized or something and didn't feel like small talk about the weather with her rescuers. If she talked there would be people up in arms about how the game teaches kids the stereotype that women talk too much and never shut up or something.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Motto posted:

The Germans, once again, have the proper solution to everything.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Well in an ideal world we wouldn't be genderless, it would simply hold no social sway with us at all. Removing gender from media just hides from the issue, and means we'd never learn to disregard it. Something something suppression something something Freud.

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

aHHHH i'm so angry people are complaining about video games in the incorrect way gently caress IM MAD
SHIIIIIIIT

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Flectarn posted:

aHHHH i'm so angry people are complaining about video games in the incorrect way gently caress IM MAD
SHIIIIIIIT

I'm sorry you're mad.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wandle Cax posted:

Gee it's almost like the hostage was traumatized or something and didn't feel like small talk about the weather with her rescuers. If she talked there would be people up in arms about how the game teaches kids the stereotype that women talk too much and never shut up or something.

Or, you know, it's just a CTF match where the flag is given a makeover to look more in line with the game than having a giant flag, and asking why they don't wriggle around or jump in front of guns while screaming is stupid no matter what position you take on the matter.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
this thread is terrible can we start the sony conference already

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It's extremely cool that an E3 tviv thread has turned into a serious discussion of gender politics and police / military media portrayals. This is great and not at all horribly loving stupid.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

randombattle posted:

Actually they will probably just see Lara getting impaled through the jaw in graphic detail for every death scene cause those devs really loved those graphic death scenes in the last game.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I'm still feeling kind of bad about the fact that this whole SJW derail was caused by my throwaway comment that that Rainbow Six: Bringing Back the Gameplay from Counterstrike circa 1998 edition trailer looked just as dumb as the BF: Hardline one from EA, by the way.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Babyface Mingo posted:

you've never been a hostage with armed robbers in the same room wrecking your house have you you gently caress
You would be hysterical too if scary men broke into your house and trashed your material possessions and you were a girl.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

It's extremely cool that an E3 tviv thread has turned into a serious discussion of gender politics and police / military media portrayals. This is great and not at all horribly loving stupid.

It really does need to keep going this is gold :allears:

I wonder how many of the poors in this thread are buying these games with Autismbux

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Literally do this gif to all cis scum.

CHANGE WITHIN OUR LIFETIME!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Don't worry, everyone. I'll gas this thread:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Any slight criticism of anything is seen by sensitive people as a gigantic freak out, it's pretty funny

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Orange Crush Rush posted:

this thread is terrible can we start the sony conference already

When does that begin

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Shmorky is a weird, miserable piece of poo poo.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm glad we de-tumblrified the something awful comedy forums.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

BottledBodhisvata posted:

When does that begin
In about an hour from now I believe.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Lemming posted:

Any slight criticism of anything is seen by sensitive people as a gigantic freak out, it's pretty funny

The sensitive ones are the people complaining, you have it backwards my friend.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Isizzlehorn posted:

victim shaming fuckhead

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

BottledBodhisvata posted:

When does that begin

HOPEFULLY SOON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo