Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

Pick deese bones. If I'm not around my account stays logged in and I told Hannah to communicate to you from the goon afterlife.

So do you have a terminal illness or you're planning on killing yourself or what? Don't kill you are self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010

Hollismason posted:

That template weapon isn't that bad, only affects infantry, doesn't affect invulnerables. Still holy poo poo 50 points.

I do not get that flamer. Does it also affect jump infantry or just infantry infantry? Does it allow for invulnerable saves but not armour saves? My poor Wraiths and Destroyer lord. Not that they would be in range of that model in their shooting face if I could help it. Yeah, it is probably fine.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Re Ork stuff, the next release is Big Mek Gunz and the new Shokk Attack Gun.

http://imgur.com/a/l9JwT

The guns look interesting, I like the new max unit size. Not too keen on the Shokk Attack guy though, looks too weedy, like they took the previous metal one and shrunk the mek slightly.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
They mention a unit called a "bubblechucka"...

I also like how they basically took the old buggy chassis and stuck a big gun where the rider/gunner were for the mek guns.

edit: Should have kept reading. Apparently has a single D6 you roll for both S and AP, so you get good AP or strength on a large blast template. Interesting to see them roll the old big guns into these new artillery pieces. 18 points a pop for a kannon's reasonable with a 5 man squad coming out to 90 points.

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 10, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

thiswayliesmadness posted:

They mention a unit called a "bubblechucka"...

gungans confirmed for 7th ed

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

I got excited when that one looked like a tiny lifta-droppa, then saw the rules are designed for flyers. Boo.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those new big gunz seem like they plug a few holes in the Ork army rather nicely. The models look good n' Orky too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some traktor beams could be absolutely hilarious. :orks101:

So, with the zzap gun, bubblechukka, and smasha gun that makes for three options with random strength? Sounds about right. I really hope the shokk attack gun kept its random table.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
The kit is shaping up to be waaaay too expensive for its cost/points, but thankfully, you can make these things out of a small toy car, some plasticard, as much plastic tubing as you want, and as many guns you can find laying around. God bless looting and conversions.

Safety Factor posted:

Some traktor beams could be absolutely hilarious. :orks101:

So, with the zzap gun, bubblechukka, and smasha gun that makes for three options with random strength? Sounds about right. I really hope the shokk attack gun kept its random table.
Traktor Beams are going to be a riot against aircraft and FMCs. A 33% chance on a glancing hit to rip a Stormraven right out of the sky? Okay, cool. Making all FMCs but the very luckiest hit the dirt directly in front of a mob of Boyz/Nobz/Whatever? Hilarious. Doesn't matter if your fancy Daemon Prince or Hive Tyrant has all the kit in the world, buckets of S4 attacks will just bury him.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Okay see these things? These are a good unit. I'm gonna have to up my conversion game to make a few, but reliable Ork AP1? Hells yes son.

EDIT: And all the other big guns get a point reduction? Hot sauce!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AgentF posted:

So do you have a terminal illness or you're planning on killing yourself or what? Don't kill you are self.

It sounded like he thinks he's going to be murdered. Post 9-11 User there's no shame in skipping town if you think you're going to be murdered.

Also why do you think you're going to be murdered.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Someone invited him to a match of Necromunda - The Game Behind the Killings.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Someone invited him to a match of Necromunda - The Game Behind the Killings.

Mom saw his lovingly painted Wet Nurse, dying of shame.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ehh, they can still only shoot 36", so they won't gel with mechanized orks. I used to try and make kannons work but most of the fights happened in the enemy deployment zone and there just wasn't a lot for them to shoot at.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love how everything* of 40k is basically gone in Two Feet from Bread's SAmart thread.

*except tyranids

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
So ive finished painting my first 10 tac marines and i have a stupid question. Im painting imperial fists and to make this feasable im using an airbrush to paint all the yellow parts. Also im painting everything before assembly. Got some good results but when it comes to asssembly i have trouble matching the short arm without a hand to the hand on the boltgun. Ive seen some WIP shots of other peoples marines and they have the hand already attached to this arm. Have they cut the hand off the boltgun and glued it to the wrist already?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Speckled Jim posted:

So ive finished painting my first 10 tac marines and i have a stupid question. Im painting imperial fists and to make this feasable im using an airbrush to paint all the yellow parts. Also im painting everything before assembly. Got some good results but when it comes to asssembly i have trouble matching the short arm without a hand to the hand on the boltgun. Ive seen some WIP shots of other peoples marines and they have the hand already attached to this arm. Have they cut the hand off the boltgun and glued it to the wrist already?

They might be shots of previous editions' kits where the hand and grip was an integral part of the bolter arm and the bolters themselves were simply missing the grip (or had a grip that you had to cut off to put it on the hand).

The arm that ends at the wrist, with the hand molded into the boltgun bit, is a new thing for 6E space marine kits (at least for power armor; I think some terminator kits were using this system earlier).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sooo, I played that game against the dude with the Iron Hands deathstar and the Imperial Knights. When I got there, Thunderhawk in tow he was more than happy to let me use it because in 2500pts he fielded not two, but four Imperial Knights.

Things I learned:
-Imperial Knights are intimidating as hell
-Stomps are scary as poo poo when he rolls a 6 and insta-removes four GKT, including my ML2 Librarian
-There is no reason to ever not take the Turbolaser Destructor (Rolled a 6 against his Warlord Knight on the top of turn 3 :wave:)
-Mortis Cotemptor dreads with Assault Cannons can lay own the hurt on a Thunderhawk if it gets a chance.

By the end of 6th turn I was sitting on 4 points versus my opponent's 2 (he got 1 for killing a unit in combat and another for taking 3 hull points off a Lord of War, I had a few objective ones like killing his lone Psyker, holding 3 objectives, first blood and slay the warlord). I'm surprised that I managed to kill off three of his IKs, but their stagger thing is insane. Even in death they still serve with a strength D explosion. It was an interesting game and I rarely get a chance to use the Thunderhawk in the ~3 years I've had it so that was pretty fun.

Still not sold on the random objective cards though, the only reason I had ones to cash in is because Coteaz rolled Scrier's Gaze for a free discard and draw or I would have had to chase a non-existant flyer/FMC. Divination literally is an auto-include if your army has access to it because it is that good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ijyt posted:

Which is a shame because the setting sounded kind of interesting but then tits, dicks, dicktits, and pregnant titdicks.

It kinda reminded me of Darksiders or Barlow's hell, but yea, its loving creepy as poo poo. No doubt the creator thinks this makes the game "mature" and "adult".

How are some of the older armies holding up in the new one, Space Wolves and Necrons? I haven't played with either in forever and thinking of taking them out.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

JerryLee posted:

They might be shots of previous editions' kits where the hand and grip was an integral part of the bolter arm and the bolters themselves were simply missing the grip (or had a grip that you had to cut off to put it on the hand).

The arm that ends at the wrist, with the hand molded into the boltgun bit, is a new thing for 6E space marine kits (at least for power armor; I think some terminator kits were using this system earlier).

I had a feeling it would be something like this. I was certain I'd just misplaced a sprue with the extra set of arms with hands. I suppose Ill just keep goin the way I am. at least this way i can wiggle things around and make them fit. The last thing i need is a marine holding a boltgun gangster style because i cocked up the angle of the hand

Heres some Fists for your time. Sorry bout the lighting, worst lightbulbs ever and its raining outside

http://imgur.com/a/f3bL0

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just saw the EDM Games Workshop sent out about unbound armies. This was my first reaction.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hahahaha, gently caress you cheap imperial guard space wizards. I love this. Stick him in a 20 man blob with FNP and iron hands rules for T5, -1 to enemy BS, and he fucks with enemy space wizards all day. 30k supremacy.

... and then you realize it was written for 6th edition

Speckled Jim posted:

I had a feeling it would be something like this. I was certain I'd just misplaced a sprue with the extra set of arms with hands. I suppose Ill just keep goin the way I am. at least this way i can wiggle things around and make them fit. The last thing i need is a marine holding a boltgun gangster style because i cocked up the angle of the hand

Heres some Fists for your time. Sorry bout the lighting, worst lightbulbs ever and its raining outside

Those might be bad pictures, but that paintjob looks really crisp and clean. Ace job.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 10, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Cataphract posted:

I just saw the EDM Games Workshop sent out about unbound armies

wait what

*checks*

:lol: they aren't even taking any chances as to whether people will start thinking up armies full of tanks and crap, they're hitting that poo poo right on the nose with these "army collections."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Von Humboldt posted:

The kit is shaping up to be waaaay too expensive for its cost/points, but thankfully, you can make these things out of a small toy car, some plasticard, as much plastic tubing as you want, and as many guns you can find laying around. God bless looting and conversions.
Traktor Beams are going to be a riot against aircraft and FMCs. A 33% chance on a glancing hit to rip a Stormraven right out of the sky? Okay, cool. Making all FMCs but the very luckiest hit the dirt directly in front of a mob of Boyz/Nobz/Whatever? Hilarious. Doesn't matter if your fancy Daemon Prince or Hive Tyrant has all the kit in the world, buckets of S4 attacks will just bury him.

Saying, "he punched him to death" has fallen out of favor, but Orks are great because they do exactly this. Sometimes with guns. Or other Orks.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Post 9-11 User posted:

Saying, "he punched him to death" has fallen out of favor, but Orks are great because they do exactly this. Sometimes with guns. Or other Orks.

Its also the best saying. Like when a chaos lord with a powerfist and a terminator inquisitor with a hammer are the only guys left on the board.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Speckled Jim posted:

Oh hey. Echoing what BULBA said, your yellow looks fantastic to me.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

yeah, I'd love to see some better photos of these. That yellow looks amazing!

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

JerryLee posted:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. They're definitely on the grittier end of the yellow spectrum, especially when i screw up my airbrush mix and splatter brown all over someones shins. Gives them that broken in look.

Venerable dread and an assualt squad taken on a day with better light

Speckled Jim fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 10, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cataphract posted:

I just saw the EDM Games Workshop sent out about unbound armies. This was my first reaction.

Who can identify the problem with this promoted Unbound army?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Fix posted:

It has dedicated transports without anyone to put in them? Or does unbound allow you to take empty DTs?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Those are Falcons.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Four goddamned Fire Prisms?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fix posted:

Does an unnbound army still need a HQ, which that army lacks?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The problem is that the army isn't entirely wave serpents

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

NTRabbit posted:

Interesting question. I don't believe that they do now that you mention it, which makes their bundle of all space marine tanks make sense.

Here's the hint: What is the main weakness built into unbound armies, gameplay-wise?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
So this Saturday will both my first game of 7th edition and my little brothers first game of 40k. Hes read over his codex and the main rulebook several so he has a grasp of the core rules but we haven't had time to actually play a game .I was thinking of bringing my CSM to face off against his Crimson Fists not only for thematic purposes but also CSM bring alot of varied things to the table (i.e Flyers, FMC'S, lots of challenges) so that he'll have wider sense of how units and special rules interact with each other. Or should I bring my Space Wolves and we just get the basics (ie. move,psychic, shoot, assualt phases) till he knows it by memory?

TL;DR Should I show him how the many different types of things for a broader view or should I keep things simple and work my way up?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

They do not. You nominate a non-HQ unit as I recall so your opponent can have stay the warlord essentially. You do not get to roll on the warlord trait table though.

I don't know the weakness though, but I have been terrible at a number of editions of this game.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

The Sisko posted:

So this Saturday will both my first game of 7th edition and my little brothers first game of 40k. Hes read over his codex and the main rulebook several so he has a grasp of the core rules but we haven't had time to actually play a game .I was thinking of bringing my CSM to face off against his Crimson Fists not only for thematic purposes but also CSM bring alot of varied things to the table (i.e Flyers, FMC'S, lots of challenges) so that he'll have wider sense of how units and special rules interact with each other. Or should I bring my Space Wolves and we just get the basics (ie. move,psychic, shoot, assualt phases) till he knows it by memory?

TL;DR Should I show him how the many different types of things for a broader view or should I keep things simple and work my way up?

If it's his first game ever, I'd keep it simple. Let him understand exactly who is supposed to do what and when, as well as learn a bit more about how his army behaves and how it might influence his decisions in list building. Then you can throw weird poo poo at him on subsequent games.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

The Sisko posted:

Yeah, I agree, go with the Wolves. Fewer special rules, fewer things to keep in mind - just all-around easier for him to get into the game. You can go into more complex armies and unit/rule combinations later when he's got a better handle on the system.

Also props for getting your brother into the hobby, never too many hams (unless it's a smelly/terrible ham)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fix posted:

Interesting question. I don't believe that they do now that you mention it, which makes their bundle of all space marine tanks make sense.

Here's the hint: What is the main weakness built into unbound armies, gameplay-wise?

you won't deny poo poo

• Locked thread