Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

overseer07 posted:

Hey Jerks! Any alliance spots open? Just started playing (same name in game) and accidentally whaled a bit, so now I'm hooked.

Did you buy a 40 pack or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons still has two spots going if anyone's interested

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
If anyone is still playing and using the Facebook app, let me know because not one person on the list in the OP has accepted my friend request. I'm playing a lot right now and I have seen a ton of free tokens and ISO go to waste.

In other news, a heroic token today gave me my second ever Spider-Man cover, so yay for that I guess.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

BGrifter posted:

Don't spend money on this game. Seriously. The return for your dollar is laughably lovely compared to other similar games. There's fun to be had playing it but you should never spend a dime.

If I had any sort of impulse control, I'd agree with you

Shroud
May 11, 2009

shadok posted:

If anyone is still playing and using the Facebook app, let me know because not one person on the list in the OP has accepted my friend request. I'm playing a lot right now and I have seen a ton of free tokens and ISO go to waste.

In other news, a heroic token today gave me my second ever Spider-Man cover, so yay for that I guess.

Did you try Shroud MarvelPQ?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Oh man, it's so much fun to maybe make it in the top 40% if I spend hours grinding every level down to one point because I don't have the Hulk. Seriously, who thought this was a good decision? I can see maybe making a couple of levels require a character, but when about a third of the levels require them and they're worth at least twice as much as any other level, why even bother playing at that point?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They've screwed the players both times they implemented Thick as Thieves. That's kind of impressive in it's own way. Grind your soul away or get nothing, puppets!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah I played the first round quite a bit, but it never upped the difficulty or points significantly. I'm still fighting level 30s, and ranking in the top 500 at the end of the sub-events. No Mohawk for me.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?

McDragon posted:

GoonStyle has a bunch of slots open at the moment.

I applied to this too as e-bob

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I just opened up my Season 2 10-pack and got 4 Hawkeyes, 2 Bagmen, and a Bullseye. Not one *** at all. I literally heard The Price is Right losing horn in my head.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

intangible posted:

I just opened up my Season 2 10-pack and got 4 Hawkeyes, 2 Bagmen, and a Bullseye. Not one *** at all. I literally heard The Price is Right losing horn in my head.

Got a green Black Widow out of it, but otherwise mine looked the same.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Mine was similar as well, then I opened ten random standards I'd been hoarding and got two LazyCaps and a Patch. At this point, I'm hoping more for standard tokens anymore.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I have been waiting nearly 200 days for a blue Spider-Man cover. Now that he's nerfed to hell I got two this weekend

:suicide:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Boosted Magneto is pretty fun. Have his purple at lvl 4, and it's a one-hitter quitter on pretty much everyone in the game. Paired with OBW, you might take out the biggest dude you're facing in the first ten turns.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Just so you guys know cmag is going to get a nerf down the road. And everytime D3 nerfs a 3* character they're pretty much brought down to obsolescence. So I would think twice before spending ISO and bringing him to 141.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
This Hood and Magento combo in the Thick as Thieves section is annoying. They take out my level 110 hulk before I even get to use any powers, even with 3 different boosts. Then they take out the rest of my team before I even get to take out one guy. Its rated "Normal" I guess because there are 2 of them instead of 3, but they are level 131/132.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Hey Goons, :siren:DONT UPDATE TO R55!:siren:

Theres word from some of my alliance mates and players from the D3P forums that the new revision scales up enemy levels in TaT to astronomical heights. As in Hood and CMag going from 161 -> 241. So if you're trying to win lazystorm maybe hold off from updating.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So they have. gently caress you D3.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

JHVH-1 posted:

This Hood and Magento combo in the Thick as Thieves section is annoying. They take out my level 110 hulk before I even get to use any powers, even with 3 different boosts. Then they take out the rest of my team before I even get to take out one guy. Its rated "Normal" I guess because there are 2 of them instead of 3, but they are level 131/132.

I run OBW/Wolv/2 star Thor and I don't have much problem with that team. I have 5 in OBW's black which adds a surprising amount of damage so that helps. Also if you're not doing so already, down The Hood ASAP.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Now the Hood/Magento team I mentioned is 155/155 after updating. It also says hard instead of normal so at least that is accurate.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Theres word from some of my alliance mates and players from the D3P forums that the new revision scales up enemy levels in TaT to astronomical heights. As in Hood and CMag going from 161 -> 241. So if you're trying to win lazystorm maybe hold off from updating.

Seriously if they were going to gently caress with scaling why would they do it in the middle of Thick as Thieves and piss everyone off? Isn't this similar to what they did the first time they ran Thick as Thieves?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I can't update to R55 right now because I play the game through Steam.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Haha this loving game jesus christ

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013
-Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
-The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to kill this game!

Maybe they're trying to ease the server load by alienating half of the player base.

DrowningHarvey fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 11, 2014

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Well that explains why every went from normal to deadly.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Happy Bear Suit posted:

This is great, I started to download the update, and then flipped over to the forums to see what kind of of cash-grab was included in this patch, luckily catching your warning in time!

Maybe I can get a lazystorm now! (I missed two sub-events in Thick as Thieves due to apathy, but have been grinding the poo poo out of the main event the past few days).

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

McDragon posted:

GoonStyle has a bunch of slots open at the moment.

Sent a request. Play this enough in the can, might as well join an alliance and I assume help others get something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After being like, Top 500 or so in the event for the first half, I'm somehow now Top 40. What the gently caress.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's all kinds of hosed up.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

It could always be worse. They could release an event called Archery Contest that requires C/M Hawkeye and Bullseye.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Bob Socko posted:

It could always be worse. They could release an event called Archery Contest that requires C/M Hawkeye and Bullseye.

Don't give them any ideas!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Seriously if they were going to gently caress with scaling why would they do it in the middle of Thick as Thieves and piss everyone off?

Because they don't give a poo poo about you or the integrity of their "tournaments" and will seize every opportunity to make you more dependent on IAP heals, boosts, and levels.

Seriously, this is not a game where the devs are at all worried about crafting a fun experience for their players. They have a steady stream of suckers trickling in from the Play store, and their goal is simply to extract money from them.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

D3 support posted:

Karina (D3Publisher)

Jun 11 10:39

Greetings GTO,

Thank you for contacting us and for your response.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience that our delayed response may have caused.

We confirm that we have demoted [Poops McGee] per your request.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

D3Publisher Support Team

Last chance, Poops McGee! Assuming no reply, there will be a spot available in Pizza Dog. Whaling not required, regular play appreciated.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
So, what's the mechanics on the pvp matches? Every time I get up to 600 points or so, I'll get attacked 3 times before I can finish one battle and just lose points.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

overseer07 posted:

So, what's the mechanics on the pvp matches? Every time I get up to 600 points or so, I'll get attacked 3 times before I can finish one battle and just lose points.

Sounds about right.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

overseer07 posted:

The mechanics on every aspect of this game is "pay money" hope this helps

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

overseer07 posted:

Working as intended.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

overseer07 posted:

I just stop when I get to the point when everyone it matches me up with has maxed out characters that I can't yet match. Like my stuff is in the 60s or 70s, and at some point I get all people that are level 85.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is Bad Alliance still active? We have 3 empty spots if anyone wants in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.
Yep, I knew I didn't update for a reason.