Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath a single screamer of tzeentch for the month of june

I need to start digging out my tablet so I can take better oath photos, but hopefully these two in conjunction are acceptable.

If this one gets painted fast enough, I'd love to do an addition of a few more screamers, but I don't want to bite off too much this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
It's a shame my oath wasn't yet accepted (and that I didn't read the rules carefully), because I totally would have gone for speed painting this month.
Anyway, Oath Complete!

This model is on a clear flying base, so I'm going for the cheap INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL point.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Oath Complete, for the first time ever! Five Mantic Marauders form the beginning of my Orks!

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 1 Games Workshop Adeptus Arbites Champion amd 1 Reaper Familiar Pug Dog.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
June Oath Complete!

Journal for the Dragonforged Crux Mechanicus base.

Parts List:

Delta Ceramcoat Charcoal
Citadel Runefang Steel
Citadel Auric Armour Gold
Army Painter Platemail Metal primer
Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade
Army Painter Soft Tone Quickshade
P3 Menoth White Highlight
P3 Skorne Red

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm back from Madrid! not sunburnt but pretty tired...

Fuegan posted:

I, Fuegan, oath one Salamanders Legion Praetor from the Games Workshop range for June! Going to be doing some fun conversion stuff and some work with brass etch.

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath these models: Megalith, Reeve Unit Leader(Privateer Press, 28 mm), Executioner, Exorcist, 4 Witchling Stalkers (Wyrd Miniatures, 30mm), 8 tokens for WWX(2 lookout, 2 reload, 4 broken)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath Two Probots and Three Dakini Tactbots. These are 28mm Infinity figures, from Corvus Bell.

Derlix posted:

I, Derlix, oath Lady Justice from Malifaux

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath these Ten Thunders Malifaux proxies- a High River Monk, a Ten Thunders Brother, a possible big Shenlong, Monk, a Fermented River Monk, and a possible small Shenlong.

Karl Rove posted:

I, Karl Rove, oath these Flames of War: Fate of a Nation 15mm figures - four Sho't tanks and one Ouragan ground attack aircraft.

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath to paint these miniatures consisting of 3 Egyptian T-54s, 2 Egyptian ZSU-57-2s, and 2 Israeli Magach 2s.

OneTrueBru posted:

I, OneTrueBru, oath (another) DV Ravenwing biker for June 2014

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

Adding to oath: one Wendigo from Wyrd/Malifaux

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 10 Genestealers for the month of June (GW, 28mm)

tweekinator posted:

I, Tweekinator, oath two GW 28mm empire swordsmen for my Mordheim band.

stabbington posted:

I, stabbington, swear to paint this sweet rear end Borka riding on a bear (30mm, Privateer press) in the month of June

Loxbourne posted:

I, Loxbourne, oath one Spartan Games Hawker Industries starter box for the month of June.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath a single screamer of tzeentch for the month of june

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 1 Games Workshop Adeptus Arbites Champion amd 1 Reaper Familiar Pug Dog.

Accepted!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the Month of June 1 GW Bretonnian Pegasus Knight and 5 GW High Elf Phoenix Guard

Is it okay if I add the stuff to make the Peg Knights base better later?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Also...

Alternate Universe Oath!

I Pash, Oath to complete sometime this year... A lot of Dropzone Commander UCM By Hawk games stuff:

1 Albatross Heavy Dropship
3 Condor Medium Dropships
2 Raven-A Dropships
2 Raven-B Dropships
3 Sabre MBTs
3 Rapier AA Tanks
12 Wolverines Type A
4 Wolverines Type B
2 Bear APCs
1 Kodiak ACV
12 Bases of Colonial Legionnaire Squads.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Pash posted:

I think it's been ruled that as long as you provide proof that you didn't prepaint it (say, with a photo), then that's okay.

Mmtheblue posted:

It looks like he's commanding his dog. :3: LET LOOSE THE PUGS OF WAR

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Iris of Ether posted:

It looks like he's commanding his dog. :3: LET LOOSE THE PUGS OF WAR

yeeess.... "Commanding" that's what he;s doing all right.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Grey Hunter posted:

yeeess.... "Commanding" that's what he;s doing all right.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dude.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

ghetto wormhole knows exactly what I'm thinking, and has the .gif to prove it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the Month of June 1 GW Bretonnian Pegasus Knight and 5 GW High Elf Phoenix Guard

Yep, as Iris of Ether said just post a picture of them unpainted.

Pash posted:

Also...

Alternate Universe Oath!

I Pash, Oath to complete sometime this year... A lot of Dropzone Commander UCM By Hawk games stuff:

1 Albatross Heavy Dropship
3 Condor Medium Dropships
2 Raven-A Dropships
2 Raven-B Dropships
3 Sabre MBTs
3 Rapier AA Tanks
12 Wolverines Type A
4 Wolverines Type B
2 Bear APCs
1 Kodiak ACV
12 Bases of Colonial Legionnaire Squads.

Accepted!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath the Roc Warrior from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Adding 5 Riverwatch Riders to my oath. Also from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

The light makes them look pretty weird, but that's just the blue plastic under the white primer.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Fenris on horse, from the Khador faction of Warmachine, Privateer Press 28mm.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath: 6 Cataphract Cetrati and 1 attachment, and Alten Ashley:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

Adding 5 Riverwatch Riders to my oath. Also from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.
The light makes them look pretty weird, but that's just the blue plastic under the white primer.
I can't even tell those are zenithal primed, if that's what you're saying :) the lighting is quite dark! no worries though

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Fenris on horse, from the Khador faction of Warmachine, Privateer Press 28mm.

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath: 6 Cataphract Cetrati and 1 attachment, and Alten Ashley:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Accepted!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
How do Alternate Universe oaths work? I can't find the rules in the OP or the wiki. Is it just "oath anything meeting the basic requirements (unpainted, timestamp, etc.) and the oath lasts for the whole season"?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

So, I have the Reaper female dragonslayer Bones mini with the big dragon skull built in base. If I painted that up nice, would it count for a point for the Jurnal?

EDIT this mini, to be precise.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 11, 2014

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Pierzak posted:

How do Alternate Universe oaths work? I can't find the rules in the OP or the wiki. Is it just "oath anything meeting the basic requirements (unpainted, timestamp, etc.) and the oath lasts for the whole season"?

Its exactly that, and there may be a prize draw for all such oaths completed at the end of season.

I'm going to make one later with all my unpainted dwarfs

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Phoon posted:

Its exactly that, and there may be a prize draw for all such oaths completed at the end of season.

I'm going to make one later with all my unpainted dwarfs
Thanks. I'll throw all my Infinity Yu Jing then as soon as I have some free time.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

I'll say, I just had to waste my best morning for painting this month because of the Samoa time difference! (I got to used to GMT matching up)

I, Grey Hunter, First of that name, Annoyer of the LP forums and most terrible of painters, hearby oath for the fine month of June 240 1815 British Napoleonic Redcoats!

In 6mm scale, because even I am not that insane.

For ease of counting, This is 240 men, on 60 4 man sprues, glued for painting 6 to a stick. Overall, this will make me 15 bases of infantry.

Screw this. if your going to make a fool of yourself, go big.

:siren::siren:Oath Addition!:siren::siren:

Lets add a few guys, how about

9 British Generals
4 Artillery peaces with 4 crew each (20 models)
48 British Riflemen
27 hussars
27 dragoons
54 Heavy cavalry.

All 6mm, all by Baccus miniatures - I forgot the manufacturer in the original oath it seems.

I'm going to be mixing it up with my basing a bit, but I'll make sure to explain what is what.

(425 models if anyone is counting.)

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I, Phoon, oath Warlock Lylyth, Herald of Everblight & Carnivean heavy warbeast

These are Privateer Press/Hordes

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
:siren: Oath Addition! :siren:

I realised I should probably show before pictures of this stuff, so here we go. I, muskets, hereby add to my oath for June these six bases made out of junk I found in a drawer.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: I, enri, hereby oath the following odds and sods for the month of June :siren:

3 x Metal Gamin for Malifaux, by Wyrd Miniatures, scale is 28mm
4 x stands of snipers, by Dark Realm Miniatures, scale is 6mm

I took the pic of the snipers a few days back, I presume it's ok holding off posting the pic of them given that it's got the timestamp and all that :v:

Additionally, quick query, is the addition to the bases of the sniper guys enough to claim the journal for the month? I used pieces of wood chip rescued from the local kids park (having kids has its benefits :v:) and cut down to size to represent rocky outcrops.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, time for this month's proper oath!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following additional minis for the month of June 2014:
One Digganob on a swanky base I cobbled together from Bitz
Five Grey Knight Terminators, who will be going on the pre-painted bases at the top of the picture

The Digganob is 28mm, the Grey Knights probably closer to 25mm, all are Games Workshop

I have painted the earlier oathed guys too but will take pics of everything together when done.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

Thanks. I'll throw all my Infinity Yu Jing then as soon as I have some free time.

Yes, as stated above - sorry it's not in the OP yet, it's kind of a 'bonus round' thing. If we get 10 or more people doing it, one random person who completes and Alternate Universe oath will get $25 from me!

Grey Hunter posted:

Screw this. if your going to make a fool of yourself, go big.

:siren::siren:Oath Addition!:siren::siren:

Lets add a few guys, how about

9 British Generals
4 Artillery peaces with 4 crew each (20 models)
48 British Riflemen
27 hussars
27 dragoons
54 Heavy cavalry.

All 6mm, all by Baccus miniatures - I forgot the manufacturer in the original oath it seems.

Phoon posted:

I, Phoon, oath Warlock Lylyth, Herald of Everblight & Carnivean heavy warbeast

muskets posted:

:siren: Oath Addition! :siren:

I realised I should probably show before pictures of this stuff, so here we go. I, muskets, hereby add to my oath for June these six bases made out of junk I found in a drawer.

enri posted:

:siren: I, enri, hereby oath the following odds and sods for the month of June :siren:

3 x Metal Gamin for Malifaux, by Wyrd Miniatures, scale is 28mm
4 x stands of snipers, by Dark Realm Miniatures, scale is 6mm

I took the pic of the snipers a few days back, I presume it's ok holding off posting the pic of them given that it's got the timestamp and all that :v:

Additionally, quick query, is the addition to the bases of the sniper guys enough to claim the journal for the month? I used pieces of wood chip rescued from the local kids park (having kids has its benefits :v:) and cut down to size to represent rocky outcrops.
Yep, the time stamp is there so you're golden! And yes the customization to the bases is good enough :)

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, time for this month's proper oath!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following additional minis for the month of June 2014:
One Digganob on a swanky base I cobbled together from Bitz
Five Grey Knight Terminators, who will be going on the pre-painted bases at the top of the picture
All of the above are Accepted!

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
While I wait for decent lighting to show you all my complete Oath, I'm going to add to my June Oath so that I don't get bored! This gentleman is one Deathshroud Terminator (GW) with slight amounts of zenithal highlighting.

Both this model and my current Oath have thoroughly customized bases; neither has been glued down, so I'll be sure to provide some nice detail shots in my Oath Complete post.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, swell of mind and body, hereby oath:

4 Loup-Garou and 1 Dozer Campaign Engineer for Infinity by Corvus Belli.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Incarnation of Flame

Dreadfleet Black Kraken

Charon

This month's bonuses was the Inquisitor's Jurnal on Charon, and Speed Painting on the Incarnation of Flame. Here's the start and end timed shots for Speed Painting.

I finally got my light box all set up, so now I can take photos that don't look like poo poo :sun:

Edit: fixed some photo issues with Charon.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 13, 2014

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath the Black Kraken from Dreadfleet and Cassie, female gnome wizard, from Reaper bones.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Surprised myself tonight by getting these all put away in one evenings worth of painting time.. my wife should go out on hen parties more often :v:

3 x Metal Gamin

4 x Snipers

Jurnal is the rocky outcrops on the bases of the snipers, these are made from woodchip from the local kids park.. those woodchips aren't just useful for breaking your childs fall, I grab a handful whenever I'm over there with the kids.

also, I'd like to claim Parts List.. the little 6mm chaps started something like this..

A heavy drybrush of P3 Battlefield Brown over the base
A lighter drybrush of Citadel Adeptus Battlegrey
A lighter drybrush of Vallejo Game Color Cold Grey
A lighter drybrush of Army Painter Fortress Grey on just the rocky outcrops

Now, onto the little people..

A little dab of Citadel Boltgun Metal on the exposed sections of their rifles
A coat of Citadel's newer range of paints, Waaagh! Flesh on the clothing
A coat of P3 Bastion Grey over their cloaks / robes
and finally, a quick and dirty highlight on the robes using P3 Trollblood Highlight

.......in hindsight, that was painfully simple. I should probably crack on with my plans for a 6mm imperial guard army using proxy minis... but eh. effort.

Oh yea, on that note, I'd like to claim Double the fun too pretty please :v:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

enri posted:

Oh yea, on that note, I'd like to claim Double the fun too pretty please :v:

Yup, you get it, and I'll get ya when I get home. I might even fix the spreadsheet some time this century so that Achievements roll into people's total scores. :v:

Esser-Z posted:

So, I have the Reaper female dragonslayer Bones mini with the big dragon skull built in base. If I painted that up nice, would it count for a point for the Jurnal?

Hey Krushgroove, could you get a call on this? On the one hand, it's part of the figure itself already, but on the other hand, the dragon head does solidly take up a full 1" round base by itself. (I have one on my desk. :v:)

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 14, 2014

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:pcgaming: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :pcgaming:

I oath by the end of this season to have a bitchin Campaign: Paridiso table, starting with these 7 markers that will be turned into jungle.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
If I'm lucky, my Oath *might* be in a paintable state by the end of this weekend.

I've never had a modelling project take this much time, or this many steps that I have to wait after.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 7 Boyz (GW, 28mm)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

BirdieBedtime posted:

While I wait for decent lighting to show you all my complete Oath, I'm going to add to my June Oath so that I don't get bored! This gentleman is one Deathshroud Terminator (GW) with slight amounts of zenithal highlighting.

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, swell of mind and body, hereby oath:

4 Loup-Garou and 1 Dozer Campaign Engineer for Infinity by Corvus Belli.

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath the Black Kraken from Dreadfleet and Cassie, female gnome wizard, from Reaper bones.

Brock Samsonite posted:

:pcgaming: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :pcgaming:

I oath by the end of this season to have a bitchin Campaign: Paridiso table, starting with these 7 markers that will be turned into jungle.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C Oath 7 Boyz (GW, 28mm)
Your first picture is really dark, but I can just make out 6 models there!

All of the above Oaths are Accepted!

Esser-Z posted:

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey Krushgroove, could you get a call on this? On the one hand, it's part of the figure itself already, but on the other hand, the dragon head does solidly take up a full 1" round base by itself. (I have one on my desk. :v:)
Well...the Journal is to 'do something with the base of your model(s) that different than the normal 'dip in sand, paint & wash' technique. Ideally this means using cork, slate, seed pods, bitz, something scratchbuilt or molded in Green Stuff, etc.' - so if ANYTHING other than standard sand is added to the base it counts for the Journal. My first is to not say it's OK for the Journal, but it is large enough to count as a custom base on its own, so I'll say yep it's fine! Sorry I missed your question earlier!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OATH COMPLETE!

The original 10 Termagants with Fleshborers are right up front, the 29 with Spinefists are the next 3 rows and the 8 with Devourers are in the 4th row (with a further 13 with Devourers in the last row and a bit - I just got in a groove and primed, based and painted them all this evening. Busy day!

I'll try to get the Journal point by making some sci-fi ship deck bases but I may not be able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, Oath one orc battle standard bearer (GW, with a Maxmini head added on)

• Locked thread