Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cooked Auto posted:

No they're still called Rough Riders amazingly enough.

My little rough riders.

I'm sure this already exists. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Hey 9-11, you around for a game of 40k this weekend? Does Saturday work for you? I should have more than enough points of White Panthers painted by then to take on any army you want to field :).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you haven't painted everything i sent you i demand msrp as wergild

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
Eventually I'll get around to getting a squad of Rough Riders on Dark Elf Cold Ones. Ponies aren't very metal. Giant angry lizard steeds are.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Squifferific posted:

Eventually I'll get around to getting a squad of Rough Riders on Dark Elf Cold Ones. Ponies aren't very metal. Giant angry lizard steeds are.

:siren:Paging Buffalo Chicken to the thread, paging Buffalo Chicken to the thread:siren:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

DMX is pissed. GW isn't concerned because he's probably in jail. Again (on really stupid poo poo like suspended license).

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey 9-11, you around for a game of 40k this weekend? Does Saturday work for you? I should have more than enough points of White Panthers painted by then to take on any army you want to field :).

I'm down, but this week is complicated. I need to hit my trailer with a wrench enough times to make it square again (it's bent in half) then re-assemble the cargo cover. Know anyone that has an automotive frame puller? If I had my acetylene welding kit I could heat the metal and ease it back into shape, even re-temper it. Alas. Also, I don't have the latest Daemons Codex or the new rulebook, uh ... I made an all-Nurgle army explicitly for the purpose of not taking 45 goddamn minutes on each turn, obsessively considering each and every option (I'm a super nice player but make turns at a glacial speed).

Thank you, 6th and 7th edition for allowing pre-measuring thereby taking some of the guesswork out of the game, helps me make turns much faster. :f5:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

if you haven't painted everything i sent you i demand msrp as wergild

I'm working on it! I just primed all the sprues for everything. Probably hit the 5 assault marines first to finish off a full squad.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I'm down, but this week is complicated. I need to hit my trailer with a wrench enough times to make it square again (it's bent in half) then re-assemble the cargo cover. Know anyone that has an automotive frame puller? If I had my acetylene welding kit I could heat the metal and ease it back into shape, even re-temper it. Alas. Also, I don't have the latest Daemons Codex or the new rulebook, uh ... I made an all-Nurgle army explicitly for the purpose of not taking 45 goddamn minutes on each turn, obsessively considering each and every option (I'm a super nice player but make turns at a glacial speed).

Thank you, 6th and 7th edition for allowing pre-measuring thereby taking some of the guesswork out of the game, helps me make turns much faster. :f5:

We can play 6th edition--I'm more than cool with that. I only just picked up the 7th rulebook anyways and it's not like anything really changed. As for the codex, hit me up via email (my username @gmail.com) and we'll work that out. I unfortunately do not know anyone in the area with an automotive frame puller :(.

Does 2pm Saturday at that Staten Island game shop work for you? I can also do Sunday, if that works better.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Post 9-11 User posted:

DMX is pissed. GW isn't concerned because he's probably in jail. Again (on really stupid poo poo like suspended license).

Well he's already imitated a federal officer, I am sure imitating a copyright lawyer isn't too much of a stretch.

Edit: also dude, been where you are at mentally and I don't wish it on anyone. The sad thing is the only thing that makes it better is time. Just keep holding on my brother. Keep holding on

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Purely based on aesthetics, I can't decide if I want a Land Raider Proteus or a IIB.

Also, my rough riders have been using Bretonnian horses for years.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Cooked Auto posted:

Rico's Rough Riders!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

DJ Dizzy posted:

Rico's Rough Riders!

That would be an amazing name for a motorcycle based squad if anything.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Beerdeer posted:

Purely based on aesthetics, I can't decide if I want a Land Raider Proteus or a IIB.

The answer is always Proteus

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Beerdeer posted:

If I was buying a landraider, I'd grab the Proteus and then add some IIB WW1 style sponsons

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

If I was buying a landraider, I'd grab the Proteus and then add some IIB WW1 style sponsons

So... the armored proteus?

I'd go with the IIB if I was buying it for a 40k army since it fits that vehicle aesthetic better. I plan on getting one for my Dark Angels eventually. If it was for a 30k army, it'd be the proteus all the way.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Yeah, I think the IIB will fit better. I remember when that model debuted as part of Epic and I got all excited at a NEW LAND RAIDER.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

LordAba posted:

My little rough riders.

I'm sure this already exists. :(

Equestrian guard! God I need to stop reading the TVtropes thread (for an economic breakdown of equestrian guard spending you can visit TVtropes. Im not even kidding)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

So... the armored proteus?

I'd go with the IIB if I was buying it for a 40k army since it fits that vehicle aesthetic better. I plan on getting one for my Dark Angels eventually. If it was for a 30k army, it'd be the proteus all the way.

Haha, that's the one! I wonder what a Spartan looks like with those types of sponsons.

I dig the IIB a lot, but I like the front end on the proteus way better.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
More Tactical Marines! More I say!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Hnnggg... All thats missing is the drybrushing of the bases with sunburst yellow.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
There must not be anything to GW's renaming of Imperial Guard then. If there was a copyright issue, how could they not switch from something like Rough Riders, which I'm sure someone like History Channel has tried to claim?

I suspect they were trying to make the army more flashy. Less, "this is for the military history fans," more, "the guys with swagger sticks and goggles, they're awesome!" (and they are, of course).

DJ Dizzy posted:

Hnnggg... All thats missing is the drybrushing of the bases with sunburst yellow.

That's for Ork minis! To apply it to a Space Marine mini ... that would have dangerous consequences.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Because they'll sell them as "Astra Militarum Rough Riders?" Just like they will "Astra Militarum Commissar" and the like?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

There must not be anything to GW's renaming of Imperial Guard then. If there was a copyright issue, how could they not switch from something like Rough Riders, which I'm sure someone like History Channel has tried to claim?

It really is a pointless name change because half the time the book says Imperial Guard anyway, especially in the opening fluff chapter I think AM is used sparsely after that it just feels like they did a word replace for Imperial Guard on the rest.

jng2058 posted:

Because they'll sell them as "Astra Militarum Rough Riders?" Just like they will "Astra Militarum Commissar" and the like?

I would like to make a ridiculous name change joke in style with Adeptus Horesium Riders but I really can't come up with anything fitting.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Asper Caballari, to fit that badly-translated Latin

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

Until you realize that you need to pay for 60 pizzas.

Dude collects GW miniatures. He's not worried about money.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Horse Heresy.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
My partner told me that Astra Militarum sounds like a Harry Potter spell and you know what she's right goddamnit!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AgentF posted:

My partner told me that Astra Militarum sounds like a Harry Potter spell and you know what she's right goddamnit!

Didn't someone mention that it translate into Women in Space or something weird like that when the topic came up last time?
But otherwise, yeah it kinda does.

AgentF posted:

Dude collects GW miniatures. He's not worried about money.

Point taken.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
So I just got back from a for-fun game where I faced my Salamanders offshoot against a friend's Sentinels of Terra list. The Fists put up a valiant defense of their bastion but were simply overran by the might of not one, not two, not three, bit -six- Dreadnoughts of various classes smashing into their lines via drop pod insertion - one of my Ironclads was allowed a relatively unhindered insertion and spent turns 2-5 smashing respectively through a Thunderfire Cannon, their bastion, the bewildered remains of said bastion's defenders (including Coteaz) and a second Thunderfire Cannon, all the while simply shrugging off their return fire. MVP: Dead Guy In An Angry Metal Box.

The list I had was the following:

Vulkan He'Stan (190)
Master of the Forge with servo harness, power axe*, digital weapons (115)

Tactical Squad with 9 men, flamer, sergeant combi-melta*, meltabombs in a Rhino (181, Vulkan rides with them)
Tactical Squad with 9 men, flamer, sergeant combi-melta* in a Rhino (176, MotF rides with them)

Storm Talon Gunship with Skyhammer Missiles (115)
Land Speeder with heavy flamer and multimelta (70)
Land Speeder with heavy flamer and multimelta (70)

Ironclad Dreadnought with seismic hammer, dreadnought close combat weapon, meltagun, Ironclad Assault Launchers in a Drop Pod with Deathwind Launcher (205)
Ironclad Dreadnought with seismic hammer, dreadnought close combat weapon, meltagun, Ironclad Assault Launchers in a Drop Pod with Deathwind Launcher (205)
Dreadnought with multi-melta and heavy flamer in a Drop Pod (145)
Dreadnought with two pairs of twin-linked autocannons (120)

Total 1847 p

We played on a heavily developed urban-type board with plenty of ruined buildings and narrow lines of movement. We played the Maelstrom of War mission 6, 'Deadlock', where players start with six active tacos that 'decay' overtime - you start each of your turns with one less objective available to you. Deployment zones were corner versus corner, where he arrayed his Bastion, the parapets manned by Coteaz and a squad of lascannon devastators, flanked by a pair of Thunderfire Cannons, with a nearby reinforced ruin manned by sniper Scouts while his two-librarian Command Squad was left in the backfield. I responded by deploying everything that wasn't forced to start in reserve (the drop pod dreads and the Storm Talon, that is) behind various ruins at the edge of my deployment zone near his Bastion, ready to advance.

I won't go for the blow-for-blow, but the highlights included, in no particular order:

Coteaz' 12" 'gently caress you' bubble, powered by four lascannons with Prescience more often than not, severely disrupting my plans to simply deepstrike in my Dreadnoughts to neutralize his Bastion; I was forced to deploy the dreadnoughts slightly further away from the Bastion, which denied them the use of thier most effective ranged weapons (meltaguns) against the priority target
A squad of fist Sternguard podding in between my Rhino squads and shooting their wheels from under them, before being murderized by return fire from the two squads
The Rifleman dreadnoughts barraging a ridiculous amount of suppressive fire at Coteaz and his devastators, picking off Marine after Marine from the parapets; Consequently, the riflemen drew lascannon return fire for three turns before being neuralized, four twinked lascannons HURT against AV12
One of my Ironclad Dreadnoughts tromping along the back end of the board, removing key targets with judicious use of meltagun and seismic hammer; S10AP1 close combat attacks are quite capable of smashing open a Bastion with enough incentive.
Both Land Speeders failing to hit the GIANT loving BUILDING despite having twin-linked multimeltas thanks to Vulkan, and being in turn obliterated by TFC fire
The other Ironclad Dreadnought being immobilized by the command squad's meltaguns on turn two, and continuing to happily roast Scouts with its heavy flamer until turn 5 - it ended up stuck in position directly under the Scouts' building, and the enemy tactical squad that entered play near it missed with all their meltas. The pod for said Ironclad ended up bagging almost a full squad's worth of Marines thanks to judicious Deathwind fire.
An enemy Vindicator entering play, spending two turns chasing my near-wrecked Rhino (drat thing lost its gun and engine, proceeded to reboot the engine on a successful self-repair roll on the next turn, and limped back and forth over the back field capturing objectives), then lobbing a Demolisher shell at the drop pod mentioned previously and its dread; of course the shot scattered wildly, clipping a melee with his command squad and one of my dreadnoughts and splattering his warlord Librarian all over the battlefield before Vulkan could close in and claim his prize in challenge. The drop pod was also clipped by the explosion but, as irony demands, was unharmed.
Said Vindicator bullseying one of the MM/HF dreadnoughts from the behind, followed by a 'Congratulations, your demolisher shell just made him mad' as the now-shaken Dreadnought decided 'gently caress my guns' and smashed into his command squad, killing three.
The two MMHF dreadnoughts getting prime shots at the previously mentioned termie librarian and naturally flubbing their shooting attacks because it's a loving melta and never hits.
One of my MM/Hf pods scattering 11" and directly into Coteaz' gently caress-you bubble; the pod was vaporized by four lascannon shots while the Dreadnought beat a hasty retreat out of the deathbubble.
My Storm Talon coming in on turn 3 and, thanks to lack of enemy AA fire, killing half his command squad, his Rhino with half a Tac squad in it, and the Vindicator over the next couple of turns; the last achieved by basically a midair handbrake turn that saw the 'Talon drop down from zoom into hover mode, whirling from facing the front of the Vindicator into drilling a full salvo up its rear end.
One of my tactical squads walking past the enemy drop pod and the Sergeant smashing it with his combimelta; of course the drat thing exploded 6" and killed two Marines in the squad. I swear, stock drop pods kill more people when they die than when they shoot.

The game ended on turn 5 at 8-7 with me getting Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker and him getting Linebreaker and First Blood. It was a really close game - what ended up deciding the game was the scattered Vindicator shot that took out his Warlord and triggered my Assassinate taco card, bringing me up by two from 6 points. Would've loved to get Vulkan into a duel with the Librarian but apparently it was not to be.

Drop podding four angry Dreadnoughts into his deployment zone seemed to work as a lovely pressure tactic; first turn the Ironclads came in, followed by the MM/HF ones on the second, and third saw the Storm Talon finally take into the sky. Coteaz' 12" bubble of doom, however, made entering the area directly adjacent to the bastion hazardous at best. In the future I intend to upgrade the list by adding pods; I'm going to try and skin off some of the fat to fit in a Command Squad in a pod for Vulkan and the Master of the Forge to join. Replacing the Rhinos with drop pods would give me total seven pods and allow a nice alpha strike of all four podded Dreadnoughts coming in at the same time.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I believe a Skyhammer Stormtalon is 125 points? Cool battle report though! Take pictures next time!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Played another 7th edition game tonight...had some fun with our Space Wolf player playing actual beerhammer. Our DA player was on hand with his Realm of Battle Boards.

These were the lists (1500 pts):
Space Wolves:
Rune Priest (Warlord)
Lone Wolf
2 x 10 Grey Hunters in Rhinos
2 x Vindicators
3 x wolf-rider dudes
Long Fangs with a Rune Priest

Tyranids:
Flying Hive Tyrant with 2 x T-L Devourers with Brainleech Worms
2 x Tervigons with 30 Termagants each
3 x Venomthropes
3 x Carnifexes with 2 x T-L Devourers with Brainleech Worms
3 x Biovores
Exocrine

Full battle report is here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/7th-edition-space-wolves-v-tyranids/ but a couple of pictures are below.

I had a few proxies until I can afford a couple of Exocrines, a Crone or two and a couple more Carnifexes:

If you're keeping score at home, that's a Chaos Forgefiend as an Exocrine, the Zoanthrope is a Venomthrope, the Nurgle Terminators are the other 2 Venomthropes, the Helbrutes are Carnifexes and the armless Hive Tyrant is the 3rd Carnifex)

The Exocrine wasn't able to get much joy, his weapon is pretty short-ranged, but I guess it's the same as a Vindicator. Biovores really proved their worth AGAIN, especially once we started using the unit barrage rule properly. The FHT didn't get much action but his Psychic Scream attack killed the enemy warlord and SIX Grey Hunters...after he'd been grounded and assaulted! 1 Carnifex nearly wrecked one Rhino and the next turn wrecked another, forcing the Grey Hunters inside to exit, making them easy targets for the Biovores.

The Mission Objective cards swung my way a bit but I think I'm also getting the hang of Nids, and our SW player (and the DA player observing) noted that swarm lists may be a bit tough...

Also, swarm attacks are fun:

I think the other guys will have fun trying to figure out what list I'm taking on any particular night, and how to handle 150+ models on the board. I am planning to get at least another 50 or so Termagants because I have another Tervigon that wasn't being used, and I rolled more than 30 extra during the 3 rounds we played.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I'm starting to price out lists for a tournament this Sunday, and I'm just wondering: IG players, do you run psykers at all? If so, how do you do it? It doesn't look like just a pair of Primaris psykers is worth it anymore. I'm going to guess a lot of people (i.e, everyone) is allying with grey knights now?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If you do not run one hundred psykers your opponents will literally cover your board, car, house, and workplace in daemons and you will never enjoy anything again

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Space Barbies Mystery Murderhouse Playdate Report: had my second match in something like twelve years tonight. Space Marines vs Orks, 6th Edition game of Big Guns Never Tire. It was a bloodbath on both sides but eventually the tactical genius of "get the gently caress on the objective and stay there" laid out in the Codex Astartes won out for me in the end. Slowly trying to talk my friend into playing with 7th rules but we may have to wait until his Codex comes out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

If you do not run one hundred psykers your opponents will literally cover your board, car, house, and workplace in daemons and you will never enjoy anything again

Does he actually have that many Daemon models? If I could count the number of times people said "well, i don't have the models for the summoned models, so i'll just use a dice" NO NO NO. You cannot summon things if you don't have the models for them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I was being mostly facetious but yeah I'm pretty sure you actually need the models in the rules.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Sulecrist posted:

I believe a Skyhammer Stormtalon is 125 points? Cool battle report though! Take pictures next time!

Yes it is, mistyped it there but yes I paid 125p for it!

And I will! Had a lot of fun, this was my second 'real' game of 7th edition. Think they finally nailed vehicle damage, the Land sPeeders could take a few hits but still went down pretty easily (think I'll shave them from the list) while the Dreadnoughts, especially the Ironclads, could absorb a surprising amount of punishment. When they weren't being shot at by 4 twin-linked lascannons that get to reroll armor pens.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

twistedmentat posted:

Does he actually have that many Daemon models? If I could count the number of times people said "well, i don't have the models for the summoned models, so i'll just use a dice" NO NO NO. You cannot summon things if you don't have the models for them.

Amen brother. If you're going to use a gimmick list, have the drat gimmick assembled and painted and then at least it looks nice.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

It may be a minor point, but I don't believe anything summoned has the "objective secured" rule either. Free models are good, but it's a risk.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Made up a new version of the list I played with last night:

Salamanders 1850 Drop The Dread (Battle-Forged)
Codex: Space Marines (Salamanders Chapter Tactics - * signifies a master-crafted weapon)
1848 points

HQ (530 points):
Vulkan He'Stan (190)
Master of the Forge with combi-melta* (100)
Command Squad with 2 power fists and storm shields, apothecary upgrade, and two meltaguns in a Drop Pod (240)

Troops (183 points):
Tactical Squad with 6 models, sergeant combi-melta*, meltagun, melta bombs in a Drop Pod (144)
Tactical Squad with 6 models, sergeant combi-flamer*, flamer, melta bombs in a Drop Pod (139)

Elites (410 points):

Fast Attack (125 points):
Storm Talon Gunship with skyhammer missiles (125)

Heavy Support (500 points):
Ironclad Dreadnought with seismic hammer, meltagun, power fist, heavy flamer, ironclad assault launchers in a Drop Pod (190)
Ironclad Dreadnought with seismic hammer, meltagun, power fist, heavy flamer, ironclad assault launchers in a Drop Pod (190)

The good thing is that I actually have all of that save for three drop pods (and everything except the Command Squad is painted). The bad thing is that I worry a little about the relatively low number of actual Troop models - twelve Marines and two drop pods aren't exactly difficult to neutralize most of the time. That said, everything else DOES score thanks to 7th edition - this is more than likely a list that focuses on smashing the hell out of the other army at relatively short distances rather than, you know, sitting on objectives. The idea is, afterall, that the 1st turn drop pod rain releases four angry fighty dreadnoughts to smash something important. Vulkan's squad and the two Tactical squads should follow in the next few turns to hold objectives and do other Marine-y poo poo while the dreads do what they do best.

The other thing I worry about is that the only things that I'll actually deploy are my rifleman dreadnoughts. That of course means that if I end up going second, the other player gets to focus all of his fire on just two models. Is it legal for me to leave them in reserve, basically leave the board empty and just walk them in when my turn begins, along with the rain'o'pods? If I go first it's not an issue, of course, but you know..

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Drake_263 posted:

Made up a new version of the list I played with last night:

Salamanders 1850 Drop The Dread (Battle-Forged)
Codex: Space Marines (Salamanders Chapter Tactics - * signifies a master-crafted weapon)
1848 points

HQ (530 points):
Vulkan He'Stan (190)
Master of the Forge with combi-melta* (100)
Command Squad with 2 power fists and storm shields, apothecary upgrade, and two meltaguns in a Drop Pod (240)

Troops (183 points):
Tactical Squad with 6 models, sergeant combi-melta*, meltagun, melta bombs in a Drop Pod (144)
Tactical Squad with 6 models, sergeant combi-flamer*, flamer, melta bombs in a Drop Pod (139)

Elites (410 points):

Fast Attack (125 points):
Storm Talon Gunship with skyhammer missiles (125)

Heavy Support (500 points):

The good thing is that I actually have all of that save for three drop pods (and everything except the Command Squad is painted). The bad thing is that I worry a little about the relatively low number of actual Troop models - twelve Marines and two drop pods aren't exactly difficult to neutralize most of the time. That said, everything else DOES score thanks to 7th edition - this is more than likely a list that focuses on smashing the hell out of the other army at relatively short distances rather than, you know, sitting on objectives. The idea is, afterall, that the 1st turn drop pod rain releases four angry fighty dreadnoughts to smash something important. Vulkan's squad and the two Tactical squads should follow in the next few turns to hold objectives and do other Marine-y poo poo while the dreads do what they do best.

The other thing I worry about is that the only things that I'll actually deploy are my rifleman dreadnoughts. That of course means that if I end up going second, the other player gets to focus all of his fire on just two models. Is it legal for me to leave them in reserve, basically leave the board empty and just walk them in when my turn begins, along with the rain'o'pods? If I go first it's not an issue, of course, but you know..

It used to be in 6e that you had to have 50% of your units on the table at the start of the game, save for units that must always start in Reserve like flyers, drop pods, etc; those units aren't included as part of the 50%. I can't find anywhere in the 7e rulebook though that states an exact number/percentage or that this limitation even exists anymore. The only thing it says is "When deploying their armies, players can choose not to deploy some of their units, keeping them as Reserves to arrive later" (p.135). So I guess some implies you can't reserve your entire army but it's also not defined as a specific number or percentage? There's no separation between "models that must start in reserve" and "models that can start in reserve" for purposes of deployment anymore.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 12, 2014

• Locked thread