Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beef over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Are you beefing someone?

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
drat, that's an interesting lineup.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I thought it was Gabrus at first. This is also good in an entirely different way.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I want jenny slate to be my best friend.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
She was so pleased by her own Bourne joke.
Tune in next Wednesday to see if John Daly said "what would you say?" enough to talk about Dave Matthews for an hour.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I recommend singing WAT WOULD U SAY to the tune of Sinead O'Connor's cover of Nothing Compares 2 U the next time you're alone.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Any ep with singing is an automatic classic.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I want Jon Daly to really get drunk one of these times, when he plays one of his drunken characters.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

UP AND ADAM posted:

I want Jon Daly to really get drunk one of these times, when he plays one of his drunken characters.

Have you seen the CBB Ep on VPN where he's Billcosby Bukowski?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haven't heard the episode yet, but Daly is battling some kid on Twitter about Green Day? I feel this is related...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Haven't heard the episode yet, but Daly is battling some kid on Twitter about Green Day? I feel this is related...

He's on the AV Club today for their column HateSong. He chose "American Idiot"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Review season 2 is confirmed! :woop::toot:
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/comedy-central-renews-review-for-season-2-andy-daly-looks-back-on-his-great-debut/single-page

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He's on the AV Club today for their column HateSong. He chose "American Idiot"

Ah, good choice. Green Day are insufferable past Insomniac, I'm with Daly on this one.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Jon Daly was trying really hard to make 'What would you say' a thing. It got more annoying every time. Other than that, pretty decent episode.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Bored IJennyBe

I shouldn't love this joke as much as I do

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I briefly thought I'd had a stroke when Scott said "Sappity Tappity" in the intro. That character? At this time of year?

That character...again? At all? (Loved it.)

a worthy uhh posted:

Have you seen the CBB Ep on VPN where he's Billcosby Bukowski?

Seriously. He's red-in-the-face as poo poo and explicitly says "I'm pretty hosed up (Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhh!)"

I believe that's also the episode where he promotes Kroll Show by slurring out "Hashtag...COOL!" It's seriously the best Jon Daly appearance.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I briefly thought I'd had a stroke when Scott said "Sappity Tappity" in the intro. That character? At this time of year?

Christmas in July is coming earlier and earlier every year.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JethroMcB posted:

Seriously. He's red-in-the-face as poo poo and explicitly says "I'm pretty hosed up (Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhh!)"

I believe that's also the episode where he promotes Kroll Show by slurring out "Hashtag...COOL!" It's seriously the best Jon Daly appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBLYhbljFI

Everyone needs to see this. Everyone.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Mos_Eisley_Cantina_Band_Song

The cbb wiki was great but now they're cataloging bits across episodes. I found it out trying to pinpoint the origin of "Technicality no down boo over".

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Mos_Eisley_Cantina_Band_Song

The cbb wiki was great but now they're cataloging bits across episodes. I found it out trying to pinpoint the origin of "Technicality no down boo over".

Ohhh, technicality no down boo over?

I was laughing just as hard as Scott was at that. Something about the Reverend Parsimony voice.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Does anyone know the first episode "s'been a while" happened? It's not on the wiki.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Thoogsby posted:

Does anyone know the first episode "s'been a while" happened? It's not on the wiki.

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/It%27s_Been...

It got traction after the Vicar of Yanks episode it seems

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/It%27s_Been...

It got traction after the Vicar of Yanks episode it seems

I think that is referring to the One Week "It's Been" and not the Staind "It's been a while".

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Jenny Slate's telling the Arnold "I did nothing, the pavement was his enemy" story on Conan right now, in case you didn't get enough of that.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I think the last episode of UTU2TM is the hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast. It's going to be completely impenetrable for pretty much anyone who hasn't loved all the other eps but Scott+Scott+Harris+PFT is the best podcast combination in the world.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just look at this picture. Look at everyone but PFT.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Just look at this picture. Look at everyone but PFT.

If I didn't know who these people were I could easily believe this came from a Goonmeet.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
The Plugs theme from this special emergency episode made me laugh harder than anything in the actual episode did, I think.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I liked this episode well enough, but yeah, after all the times Scott had said not to make the plugs themes too long this was the funniest one anyone's ever done.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Geno fuckin' rules.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Geno fuckin' rules.

Maybe it's just having been born in Nassau County but Gino/Jon Gabrus always slays me. His I4H's are always gold as well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mollymauk posted:

Maybe it's just having been born in Nassau County but Gino/Jon Gabrus always slays me. His I4H's are always gold as well.

Come on out to Mulchay's, Monday nights Into the Weeds. They got a 6 pack of Rolling Rock shorties, seven bucks.

(I am not from, nor have I ever been to, Nassau County but finding out that's both a real bar and a real promotion was incredible. The little details really make the character. "My uncle Pat's got a tight five about Mexicans; I can't do it here, and he shouldn't do it at all, but it kills.")

Good bonus ep all around. Love Gino, Miller and Lord were good first time guests, and RJ Rise was a pretty funny character that really took off when they got into his backstory.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 13, 2014

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Goonies in the sheets, Ghoulies in the streets.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Lord and Miller played along like great sports, Gabrus is a national gem, and Eugene Cordero is so good at doing the little things that flesh out his character despite it kind of running out of steam

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Beeez posted:

I liked this episode well enough, but yeah, after all the times Scott had said not to make the plugs themes too long this was the funniest one anyone's ever done.

Who selects the plugs themes? Scott's always surprised by them so I know it can't be him.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Come on out to Mulchay's, Monday nights Into the Weeds. They got a 6 pack of Rolling Rock shorties, seven bucks.

(I am not from, nor have I ever been to, Nassau County but finding out that's both a real bar and a real promotion was incredible. The little details really make the character. "My uncle Pat's got a tight five about Mexicans; I can't do it here, and he shouldn't do it at all, but it kills.")

Ya those are all solid Suffolk County Long Island jokes. Mulcahy's, Sunrise Highway, Montauk Beach.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Drunkboxer posted:

Who selects the plugs themes? Scott's always surprised by them so I know it can't be him.

I think he said one time that the engineer picks them and he doesn't listen to them ahead of time.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Gabrus is awesome, I still go back and listen to the sxsw live show he and matt besser did as one of my recent favorites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The 420 improv4humans is still amazing, even though I listened too it to much already.