Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Jedit posted:

Nice classical reference there.

It's amazing how easily Fuseli's nightmarish pictures lend themselves so easily to modern horror. I know I've already posted a poster of Walerian Borowczyk's La bête, and this poster doesn't really fit with the tone of the film, but it's still stunning and creative. (Sorry for size)

Comparison:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
A couple of posters from the long and varied career of John Saxon.

Admit it, you mis-read the title at first, right?

TOUCHDOWN!

Wherein the Atomic Clipart Army thwarts an invasion by Curt Conners and an armada of somewhat-shocked bowler hats.

If all the actors maintained these expression for ninety minutes, I might watch it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

For those wondering it translates to "Don't trust these Americans"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The synopsis for the movie is great. Franco is a talk show host and Rogen is his producer. They got an opportunity to interview Kim Jong-Un, and the CIA wants them to assassinate him.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The MSJ posted:

The synopsis for the movie is great. Franco is a talk show host and Rogen is his producer. They got an opportunity to interview Kim Jong-Un, and the CIA wants them to assassinate him.

That actually sounds like a really fun movie. And the talent attached to it could be far worse.

Any indications of what sort of talk show host Franco's playing? I can only imagine we'd be looking at a Jimmy Fallon sort of character, which would be pretty good.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This poster owns.

This one does not.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Willow remains one of my favorite movies, and my kids watch it pretty regularly of their own volition, too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That first poster makes it look like Willow stars Orlando Bloom.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This one does not.

All fantasy must be The Hobbit now, because you have to lure those dumb people in by their wallets and familiar aesthetics sell tickets.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

And:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIxMMv_LD5Q

Get on the hypetrain

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You motherfucker, I came here to post that.

Lovely poster though and based on the trailer, it seems to represent the film rather well.

Also, I might as well post these.

I don't like either of them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're making ANOTHER Spongebob movie?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Paddington poster is way too much like the Yogi Bear poster.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Waffleman_ posted:

They're making ANOTHER Spongebob movie?

I mean, the first one is awesome, so why not?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vagabundo posted:

I don't like either of them.

They shouldn't have cropped this so much so that we could see him loving Yogi loving Boo-Boo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This movie should be 80 minutes of Tom Kenny voicing a regular sponge someone's holding up in front of the camera.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

davidspackage posted:

This movie should be 80 minutes of Tom Kenny voicing a regular sponge someone's holding up in front of the camera.

If it's just 80 minutes of the "I don't need it, I don't need it" scene from that one episode of SpongeBob where he goes out of the water, I'll be happy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I found a preview of the new Spongebob movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9Ayu-5zYY

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

effectual posted:

I can't tell what's more glorious. This, or the "Frozen Peas" reenactment from Pinky and the Brain.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lotish posted:

The Paddington poster is way too much like the Yogi Bear poster.
Good Things Come In Abandoned Bears

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

drat! How did this sneak up on me? Definitely on the train.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Patterson's face....

Mister Nobody
Feb 17, 2011
He looks like he was drawn by Frank Quitely , which means I like it.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Somewhat disappointed that this isn't Harvey Birdman. Otherwise, looks great. Gonna be funny seeing Michael Keaton as not-Adam West.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The most :black101: Transformers poster arrives.

Plus another one with all 3 stars.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Is that a... is that a robot penis? Is Optimus Prime hanging dong?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Meatwave posted:

Is that a... is that a robot penis? Is Optimus Prime hanging dong?

I had to check if this is a Professor Clumsy post. No, it's his fantasy-warrior-style loincloth armor.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The Rover, Birdman, and even the Transformers posters (though I'm still not going to see it) are all pretty good.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

effectual posted:

I like how Spongebob's voice doesn't have to be modified that much to become a Marlon Brando impression.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This looks absolutely fantastic. I am so glad Michael Keaton is getting more work and great roles.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Doctor Bishop posted:

Somewhat disappointed that this isn't Harvey Birdman. Otherwise, looks great. Gonna be funny seeing Michael Keaton as not-Adam West.

Came here to post that. I was totally on board the Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law live action movie but I guess this crazy thing will work too.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I had to check if this is a Professor Clumsy post. No, it's his fantasy-warrior-style loincloth armor.
After giant Transformer balls, don't talk like Transformer dick is out of the question.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doctor Bishop posted:

Seriously though, is it the Hanna Barbera Birdman?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Maybe not the right thread to gripe about this, but I am so loving sick of reboots of movies just removing a single word from the title. I have no idea what they think this accomplishes. Actually - for horror or action movies, I can kind of understand that it makes it punchier or darker or some crap, but for Paddington Bear? Christ.

Another terrible example was "J. Edgar". What, going with the last name alone wasn't unique enough? God I feel old.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
With, J. Edgar, of they called it Hoover is would have had people thinking of the vacuum or the dam because thinking of the person (even though the dam is named after the person). With J. Edgar it's immediately clear what the movie is about. I think it was the correct choice.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The dam is named after a different Hoover: the president, not the director of the FBI.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speleothing posted:

The dam is named after a different Hoover: the president, not the director of the FBI.

And this is relevant because

Calling a movie about J. Edgar Hoover "J. Edgar" is entirely appropriate because it makes it clear which Hoover it's about. I don't see how this is such a complicated concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Where's the movie about the dam?
Look, I already made the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEg6wjcwZMQ

The poster will be a 3/4 page shot of an elderly man's calf with hairy man hands pulling up stockings from a high heel clad old-man foot; on the precipice of the aforementioned dam.
If that's too subtle, the drat itself can be filled with vacuum cleaners.

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 13, 2014