Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Zephyrine posted:

You prefer to move the aim around with a pad?

This comes up anytime anyone mentions wanting to use a pad in a pc game but yes sometimes it is nice being able to lean back and play a low impact game with a gamepad, especially if you have a pc setup in your living room and can use a pad from the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Server is running pretty stable if anyone wants to make some spacebooze

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
People have been using pads to play games since we simians grew an opposable thumb, what the hell, man.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
As I grow older and sicker (thanks fibromyalgia) I lean more towards pad use, especially after how good the DS4 ended out, no problem using the touchpad as a high-rear end-resolution pointing surface with multitouch.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Some weirdos play FPS games on a pad. :shrug:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Not against PC gamers they don't. :pcmasterrace:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Zephyrine posted:

No I have peripherals to simulate a mouse since I find keyboards uncomfortable for play.

Also gamepad support means more than just recognizing buttons, there is streamlining controls and adding systems to compensate for the lack of precision from not using a mouse

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 13, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Segmentation Fault posted:

I play FPS with a trackball :unsmigghh:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I play FPS with a trackball :unsmigghh:

:hf:

I thought I was the only one

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My trackball brothers! :woop:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
See what you did, Zephyrine? :colbert: Now all the weirdos are coming out of the woodwork.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My trackball brothers! :woop:

Trackballs are awesome and I won't hear different.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

You trackball nuts are mentally disturbed individuals.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You trackball nuts are mentally disturbed individuals.

Dr. Video Games, is there any hope for those afflicted with this... this trackball cancer?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

After a week of using a trackball, you sit and wonder how you were so wrong for so long.

You are born again.

Works well with Starbound, too.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I had a trackball because I was tired of awful optical and ball tracking. Worked pretty well for a few months!

Then I got a laser mouse, and I'd have to say that I won't settle for anything less than laser when it comes to mice :colbert:

I still use trackballs with laptops because that pad thing is terrible.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I've had pretty much every model of Logitech thumb-trackball, including the old ones with springs, and I love them dearly. Mice feel clunky now.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Can you really get the same kind of acuity with a trackball?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Real pc masters use the dumb touch pad thing found on laptops.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's Starbound, it ain't exactly in need of pixel perfect accuracy for sick headshots or poo poo like that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Above Our Own posted:

Can you really get the same kind of acuity with a trackball?
Just like any mouse, it's pixel perfect once you have a feel for it. Besides, it's the ultimate lazy man tool. If you can't be bothered to move your wrist at all, get a trackball!

CJacobs posted:

true story i used to think highly of the laptop nub

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 13, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It's Starbound, it ain't exactly in need of pixel perfect accuracy for sick headshots or poo poo like that.

On that note, in wacky Unstable land have they fixed bullets and arrows simply passing harmlessly through a lot of monsters if you shoot them anywhere from chin height (or what passes for it) and up? Years of gaming instinct kept betraying me when I was trying to use the giant sniper rifles I was finding later on. "Click head.... Click Head... Welp, back to the biggest hammer I have :v:"

EDIT: vvv Holy loving poo poo :stare:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 13, 2014

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

If I can beat Hotline Miami with a touchpad, anyone can!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Party Alarm posted:

I've been wanting to play modded Starbound online for a while, and Forums User Zennik was kind enough to let me try to light his server on fire with a collection of mods.

I'll be online for a few hours. I threw a lot of neat mods in there, including that bitching gun assembly mod. Here's hoping nothing bugs the gently caress out.

Hey, something's bugging the gently caress out. Enemies are dropping perfectly generic objects instead of pixels.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So I haven't played this game since about a week after they changed planet levels from 1-100 to 1-10. Is there anything new and exciting?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Control Volume posted:

So I haven't played this game since about a week after they changed planet levels from 1-100 to 1-10. Is there anything new and exciting?

Nope! I love this game, but nope.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Control Volume posted:

Well........*checks month update list*... hmm.. ah, you might be surprised by Heck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Babyface Mingo posted:

Well........*checks month update list*... hmm.. ah, you might be surprised by Heck.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 26, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I just banned your fav person on CF forums btw.

Darklight likes this.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
There are, however, a lot of really neat and polished mods out there. They add a shitload of content to the game, and most of the big ones seem to be well integrated.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
Looking for some players to populate my server.

Address: cafesmug.com
No password

Some of the mods include:

Just Explosives
Gun Assembly
Mechs
Your Starbound Crew
Skelly
Peglaci
Fancier Guns/Weapons
and more!

Download mods: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41307552/StarboundMods.zip

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

script kitty posted:

Looking for some players to populate my server.

Address: cafesmug.com
No password

Some of the mods include:

Just Explosives
Gun Assembly
Mechs
Your Starbound Crew
Skelly
Peglaci
Fancier Guns/Weapons
and more!

Download mods: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41307552/StarboundMods.zip

You have incompatible mods nova kid and ysc won't work together.

Also are you going to keep your server up for more than a week after posting the info this time?

ColHannibal fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 13, 2014

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
I keep it up 24/7 !

Weird, none of my coworkers seemed to have any issues recently. I don't have Novakids installed - I think it was thrown in with one of the other mods but im not sure which. If anyone knows which one is doing it, let me know.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I hope they throw out a patch soon to renew some interest in the game - the steam group is pretty barren, seems like most people have shelved the game for a while.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Eonwe posted:

I just banned your fav person on CF forums btw.

Who was it? Was it me? (rrussom) Name and shame damnit.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Richey posted:

Who was it? Was it me? (rrussom) Name and shame damnit.

Like most things in life, if you have to ask if it was you it probably wasn't you.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Well, gently caress.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Party Alarm posted:

I hope they throw out a patch soon to renew some interest in the game - the steam group is pretty barren, seems like most people have shelved the game for a while.

Yeah, I played for the first time in months and started a new character. I was pretty disappointed with the lack of quests and end game content.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How many of you expected a complete game from start to finish out of this. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Well, to be fair, here is a list of Early Access titles I have not shelved:

-*tumbleweed*

• Locked thread