Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
They need to bring back the Attack Pattern doffs, those things are vital if you don't want to do A2B (although MAYBE you could do 2x APB and Aux2Damp with the doff for A2D).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

That's the polite name for the rape cave. It's a cave on the non-resort Risa map that is pretty popular with certain types. If you'd like to know more and do your part to combat this menace please run My Favorite Game, it's under fed foundry missions.

There's a cave on that map too? Never bothered exploring because it looked like just another launch-era shitmap.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Unguided posted:

it looked like just another launch-era shitmap.

Oh trust me, it is.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Ludicro posted:

Oh trust me, it is.

But you can hoverboard on it now.

:spergin:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Acer Pilot posted:

Run bikini beach after too :wink:

That's amazing.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/283yi4/look_what_group_has_taken_up_to_trolling_the_ends/

We're being blamed for what those horrible game ruining trolls at SSR are doing again.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

And then they tried to frame us with the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFgbc18gPwI

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Is there no end to these malicious lies?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

Is there no end to these malicious lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYg5KBfukU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
END THE SENSELESS PROSECUTION OF INNOCENT DENALTS :byodood:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://pastebin.com/G4pkJVpP

Please add to Kerrat rage. tia

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Applying for NextGooneration access.

Saalm@mizpiz

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Applying for NextGooneration access.

Saalm@mizpiz

You're in.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
http://pastebin.com/sN7EM2Vt

Why haven't any of you warned us about the grave threat posed by the Epohh!?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What's the best way to grind out fleet credit? I want to upgrade to Elite Romulan Drones. I'm in NoP but should I de-fleet, drop marks into a lowbie fleet's Starbase and then rejoin?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

What's the best way to grind out fleet credit? I want to upgrade to Elite Romulan Drones. I'm in NoP but should I de-fleet, drop marks into a lowbie fleet's Starbase and then rejoin?

Doffs. Buy cheap ones on the exchange, use up those mini-doff packs you get from lockboxes, mash up greens into whites, whatever. We have hundreds of spots available for doffs right now. Doffs are how I made the vast majority of my fleet credit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One of the Fed Starbase projects will accept prisoners sent over from your Klingon alts.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

So not only do covershields ruin the race by blocking people, so do discoballs somehow. These pubbies are insane.

Also have a log of a dude who went batshit after being stuck behind a shield for 30 seconds and losing second place. http://pastebin.com/WTQQUuhi

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

These are tears over not getting maximum buy bikini chips right? At least in Eve Online when you gently caress someone over it matters. This game has the weirdest community.

As a recent joiner to all this Im just putting in the ten minutes a day for the ships, I really don't care if my space elf waifu main has multiple styles of bikinis only wearable on Risa

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

So not only do covershields ruin the race by blocking people, so do discoballs somehow. These pubbies are insane.

Also have a log of a dude who went batshit after being stuck behind a shield for 30 seconds and losing second place. http://pastebin.com/WTQQUuhi

More tragic reports.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is this game actually fun to play, or is it mostly about making fun of people?

EDIT: I made a Starfleet Science Officer bc I didn't read the OP properly, is this THAT much harder or will i still be good

Elswyyr fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 15, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You'll be fine.

Game plays well, most people here are horribly jaded of the game by this point, so the only fun is other people. It helps that the game is apparently full of weird people, though I've never seen the crazy myself.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I dunno, I still have fun in space STFs, and in helping pubbies pro-run ground STFs.

plot.lost
Aug 21, 2007
Well this seems to have changed a fair bit since I last played. Back in Starfleet side as Qei@plot.lost and registered for the wiki as plot.lost.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Ahh, back in this loving spaceship game.

twiggy@intel5

registered on the wiki as intel5

need back into nerds of prey or whatever the gently caress it is

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

They're still linking that picture of a TACTICAL officer standing behind a cover shield. Yes, it was clearly him as tacs can summon cover shields.

e: :siren: it's starfleet dental's fault that i have a bad life!! :siren:

e2:

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 15, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Stole-via-than-99 is having his usual tirade in that thread:

Waaaaa trolls posted:

I would like to reiterate that this is a dumb policy and that thought is progressing towards the idea that anti-naming and shaming policies and "don't feed the trolls" make for bad policies.

I've seen probably five or six editorials in the last couple of months on prominent news sites, written by intelligent correspondents (a Ph.D or two in there, I think), on why the stock approaches to trolling, harassment, and "naming and shaming" are broken and why companies should be encouraging communities to fight back, not maintaining polite decorum.

The idea that trolls want attention is pretty demonstrably false and starving them of attention doesn't solve anything. The idea that inaccurate claims may be made is insufficient because communities will adapt to a norm of unreliable claims and bans on profanity/political discussions will keep the most incendiary claims at bay. The hosting company already avoids liability for claims made by posters in the TOS for the forums.

Posting a screen name is not the same as posting someone's home address.

I think everything in this post conforms to the rules. I am saying that I find the rules in error and reflective of thinking that may have reflected the internet of ten years ago but are not the kind of forward thinking policies I expect to see in the future. And I will continue to challenge the validity of PWE's forum policies as long as they cling onto the weak and ineffective "don't feed the trolls"/"don't name and shame" approach.

Waaaa double post posted:

Well, other companies have not only banned guilds but they have leveraged things like the DMCA and other legal claims to get the offending websites of these groups shut down.

I think it's a matter of time before the chans and places where some awful things get posted get the plug pulled. On that day, I will go out and buy a cake and a handle of vodka and throw a party.

Oh you cad.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think you just :airquote: enhanced :airquote: their experience sadly :cthulhu:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Korgan posted:

Doffs. Buy cheap ones on the exchange, use up those mini-doff packs you get from lockboxes, mash up greens into whites, whatever. We have hundreds of spots available for doffs right now. Doffs are how I made the vast majority of my fleet credit.

gently caress yeah, thanks for this. Saving 100k for the drones will still take time, but it's going to be way less painful than I thought. Plus I was able to instantly buy the Odyssey uniform for my Fed alt, so :toot:

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Holy crap, this guy just went completely off the rails.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17484991&postcount=75

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

LordCo posted:

ahahahaha

You forum NAZIS need to stop oppressing this fine, outstanding, ERP citizen

quote:

*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Rotation Confusion fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 15, 2014

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

LordCo posted:

Wow, that's super offensive and ignorant. Also he didn't spell obey properly.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

LordCo posted:

Why is he talking about D-Day? :wtc:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Just in case it gets edited out the insane post in question:

wtf posted:

Yes and about that ... -- usually ppl who volunteer to moderate do so out of their love for their community .
How does it feel that that has lead you askray to become the protector of trolls and internet thugs , hmm ?

How did it feel when you smacked me down and told me that I'm not to "refer to them nor use their exact name" , yet they can refer to but not use Nazi symbolism on these very forums ?

Anything strikes you as a tad bit wrong there ?

Anything at all ?

"Just following orders ?"

D-Day was celebrated just a few days ago .
Did that have any meaning for you , and those like you who protect the very ideologies that those who fought and died there on D-Day have fought to prevent .

"Be quiet."
"Conform."
"Obay."

I have one word for that , and that is : No .

:godwin:

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Ramadu posted:

Why is he talking about D-Day? :wtc:

The ERPers shall fight you on the dance floors, they shall fight you in the rape caves, they shall fight you on the forums and in zone chat; the ERPers shall never surrender.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Stoleviathan's really hitting his stride in that thread, isn't he?

quote:

Well, look, what if someone's issue is not with isolated bugs/exploits but with clear, repeated, and organized use of them to harass other players?

How much effort would it be to disband problem fleets and delete their chat channels, destroying bank assets and fleet holdings? And even then only when they cross a critical threshold and receive warnings.

It would at the very least destroy the leverage such groups hold.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Stoleviathan's really hitting his stride in that thread, isn't he?

I suppose he wants us lined up for summary execution too.

Jesus Christ.

aelfwin1 posted:

That's cute .

You know who else was in that war ?
Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek), James Doohan ("Scotty") , DeForest Kelley ("Dr.McCoy"), Mark Lenard ("Sarek"), and Matt Jefferies (tar Trek designer) .

And it does not take a genius to figure out what these men would think of Nazi copy cats trolling players in a Star Trek game & forum ... -- all the while being "within the rules" .

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 15, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Man. I know it goes without saying, but everything that guy types just screams a wide assortment of mental issues. :psyduck: It's hard to explain if you haven't dealt with it frequently, but the sentence structure and grammar as well as irrational leaps of logic (someone mentions denalt=nazi!! once and now you're seeing these entirely unrelated WW2 derails from him) really really stand out blatantly. That boy ain't right.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Asimo posted:

Man. I know it goes without saying, but everything that guy types just screams a wide assortment of mental issues. :psyduck: It's hard to explain if you haven't dealt with it frequently, but the sentence structure and grammar as well as irrational leaps of logic (someone mentions denalt=nazi!! once and now you're seeing these entirely unrelated WW2 derails from him) really really stand out blatantly. That boy ain't right.

It truly is a perpetuum :pedophiles: machine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I did a quick google of that dude and one of the first things I saw was that he possibly likes Paula Dean, Glenn Beck, and Fox News. Also a really depressing livejournal.

Welp.

e: The madness continues

It was a thread about cover shields and now they're blaming SFD for WW2.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 15, 2014

• Locked thread