Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Winson_Paine posted:

Pleading to me to JUST QUIT is the weirdest of all possible ploys.
That's primarily directed at Majuju, who apparently has offered to quit. But it goes for anyone that doesn't want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Fast Luck posted:

That's primarily directed at Majuju, who apparently has offered to quit. But it goes for anyone that doesn't want to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lburl8lMxI

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Prop. I mean this sincerely.

I don't hate you at all. I have no idea why you think any of that was anything to do with you.

Majuju outplayed me. And he did it well. I honestly don't know how you could read that and think I was saying anything about you.

Silence is worse than malice.

Calling Byers the only actual player remaining, besides Majuju, is loving low and you know it.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propaganda Machine posted:

Calling Byers the only actual player remaining, besides Majuju, is loving low and you know it.

I sort of assumed that was the point, the last minute dickishness was the order of the day at the last tribunal. Given the escalation I can only assume the next one will involve pictures of our houses or something.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I don't know why you betrayed Chili. I'm guessing Andy had spoken to you and Windy or something. But listen: if you didn't want such a "boring" finish to the game, then why did you save Andy and, by extension, Durf as a whole?

So I guess even though this has been discussed about a thousand times over.

Hi we saved Andy because we didn't think the move was cool. And in all sincerity Andy ended up being cooler to work with than Chili was shaping up to be. In the long term yeah it was the bad call. But see I kind of went from not liking Andy to thinking he was cool.

I'm pretty sure he gets that there was nothing personal when he went out.

In the same way I don't think anything personal about me going out.

I have no idea where this idea I hate you came from. In truth I actually don't mind anyone in this game.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

To everyone, in MSPaint draw what your face looked like trying to complete that challenge.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Prop. Name one play you have made this game that you followed through on.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

imagine I made that picture into a colour-cycling GIF, because I can't do that in MSPaint

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Anyway as for the ACTUAL TRIBAL QUESTION!

Byers and I have been through a lot this week. We were and both have been involved in conversations with non-Durfs, all of which involved either of us backstabbing the other. Thank god for Majuju, because it's the truth: at the end of this, no Durf beats a non-Durf, case closed, might as well not even show up for FTC.

Mistrust has been brewing, but Survivor is a game where you NEED to trust, to some extent. For now, I think (I hope) that we have chosen to trust each other beyond all the bullshit of recent events.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

If we are asking questions, I have one! It is about the internal consistency of your arguments, which has historically been bad but like, currently is amazing. You guys should coordinate better, although I suspect the lack of ability to do so is why we are HERE doing this now. The question is this, how can Maj be both the master architect of all evil AND at the SAME TIME be a fall guy patsy chump?

My follow up question is more of an OFFER really, as long as IF YOU JUST QUIT I WOULD APPRICIATE IT is on the table, if anyone wants to take me up on that and abdicate the thread in favor of me, that would rule. Cena has the forms I think.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Majuju posted:

imagine I made that picture into a colour-cycling GIF, because I can't do that in MSPaint

You are even better at MS Paint than I am. How can this be

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

If we are asking questions, I have one! It is about the internal consistency of your arguments, which has historically been bad but like, currently is amazing. You guys should coordinate better, although I suspect the lack of ability to do so is why we are HERE doing this now. The question is this, how can Maj be both the master architect of all evil AND at the SAME TIME be a fall guy patsy chump?

My follow up question is more of an OFFER really, as long as IF YOU JUST QUIT I WOULD APPRICIATE IT is on the table, if anyone wants to take me up on that and abdicate the thread in favor of me, that would rule. Cena has the forms I think.

What?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thank god for Majuju, because it's the truth: at the end of this, no Durf beats a non-Durf, case closed, might as well not even show up for FTC.
Durfs keep repeating this, but it's obviously not true. If Byers or Majuju is sitting next to Winson and I at the end, they likely win. Count the votes yourself. Or if (this will obviously be too late soon) one Durf sat next to both me and Skinty, Skinty probably gets the Windshipper/Disco vote, I might get the Bowmore/Dhaes vote, and the Durf has a good shot at all the rest.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_y3OOQniDU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Prop. Name one play you have made this game that you followed through on.

The Durf swap strategy, for one.

Andy correctly predicted that a swap was coming, and we had a couple days to prepare.

So, we were most likely going to be split up with four on one side and two on the other, or split with three of us in each new tribe.

As for what we planned on DOING about it? That was all me.

I suggested that the foursome throw challenges to boot the non-Durfs and protect the minority Durfs on the other side. I am positive we would have followed through with that, if we'd had to.

Since we were divided three-three, our only play, which I also suggested, was to feign cracks and division and sell each other out as much as possible. It wasn't as clean or elegant as the other case, but our only chance in hell was to play for our new tribes and obsfucate the outstanding Durfness for as long as we could.

You see this play out right after the merge. Dhaes flipped to "Durf," who wanted Andy out. Obviously, we couldn't let that happen. That was Fast Luck's first idol gambit. Originally, Byers was going to vote with "Durf" while Winson and I flipped back to protect Andy. I didn't tell Byers why, but after the idol offer, I wanted to preserve that relationship and illusion for as long as I could, and it worked until Andy left with the most simple of majorities.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Winson_Paine posted:

Majuju's offer to sacrifice himself for Durf is a big part of what is going to keep you together through this vote. It also is (imo) equivalent to quitting the game, in which case I say why wait? Because Skinty and I are aight dudes who don't want to quit. There's internal consistency there.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

You are even better at MS Paint than I am. How can this be

ten days ago I achieved enlightenment, it's been pretty cool since then

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Durfs keep repeating this, but it's obviously not true. If Byers or Majuju is sitting next to Winson and I at the end, they likely win. Count the votes yourself. Or if (this will obviously be too late soon) one Durf sat next to both me and Skinty, Skinty probably gets the Windshipper/Disco vote, I might get the Bowmore/Dhaes vote, and the Durf has a good shot at all the rest.

The five Durfs on the jury would not vote for the singular Durf who betrayed them all. I can virtually guarantee that.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Fast Luck posted:

I am basically assuming I am so charismatic I can sway the jury to voting me at the end, this is my actual plan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You see this play out right after the merge. Dhaes flipped to "Durf," who wanted Andy out. Obviously, we couldn't let that happen. That was Fast Luck's first idol gambit. Originally, Byers was going to vote with "Hurf" while Winson and I flipped back to protect Andy. I didn't tell Byers why, but after the idol offer, I wanted to preserve that relationship and illusion for as long as I could, and it worked until Andy left with the most simple of majorities.
That sort of worked. I mean, prior to the Disco vote, I was full-court pressing you to try to keep our group together, so it worked that far. But after the Disco vote, I knew your vote was meaningless and that it couldn't have been made without pre-approval because otherwise you'd be burning your spot in your alliance. As you recall I mentioned it was weird to you that no one seemed to care about the extra Andy vote, but in the Hurf/De doc I flat-out said "Byers and Prop are playing good cop/bad cop, with Prop getting the good cop role."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The Durf swap strategy, for one.

Andy correctly predicted that a swap was coming, and we had a couple days to prepare.

So, we were most likely going to be split up with four on one side and two on the other, or split with three of us in each new tribe.

As for what we planned on DOING about it? That was all me.

I suggested that the foursome throw challenges to boot the non-Durfs and protect the minority Durfs on the other side. I am positive we would have followed through with that, if we'd had to.

Since we were divided three-three, our only play, which I also suggested, was to feign cracks and division and sell each other out as much as possible. It wasn't as clean or elegant as the other case, but our only chance in hell was to play for our new tribes and obsfucate the outstanding Durfness for as long as we could.

You see this play out right after the merge. Dhaes flipped to "Durf," who wanted Andy out. Obviously, we couldn't let that happen. That was Fast Luck's first idol gambit. Originally, Byers was going to vote with "Durf" while Winson and I flipped back to protect Andy. I didn't tell Byers why, but after the idol offer, I wanted to preserve that relationship and illusion for as long as I could, and it worked until Andy left with the most simple of majorities.

Ah so when you talked about "game theory" what you actually meant was theoretical plays as opposed to real ones.

Gotcha.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

That sort of worked. I mean, prior to the Disco vote, I was full-court pressing you to try to keep our group together, so it worked that far. But after the Disco vote, I knew your vote was meaningless and that it couldn't have been made without pre-approval because otherwise you'd be burning your spot in your alliance. As you recall I mentioned it was weird to you that no one seemed to care about the extra Andy vote, but in the Hurf/De doc I flat-out said "Byers and Prop are playing good cop/bad cop, with Prop getting the good cop role."
Oh and they both thought I was talking about mafia cops or something, and we were all confused for a few minutes, it was a good time.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Ah so when you talked about "game theory" what you actually meant was theoretical plays as opposed to real ones.

Gotcha.

Cute.

By game theory I mean everybody making the best move possible for themselves, and trying to suss out the logical fallacies they currently fall victim to.

It wasn't a theoretical play, and least not of "Durf." I worked the "I'm not a big Andy fan." "I don't even KNOW Ice Phoenix" angle as hard as I could.

Shrug. Have fun not voting for me to win, I guess.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

COME SEE THE TRIBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LAST MINUTE PLAYS, PETULANT ACCUSATIONS, AND FIRE BURNIN FUNNY CARS

FIRST 500 KIDS GET CENA HATS

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

YOU WILL GET A WHOLE VOTE

BUT YOU WILL ONLY NEED

THE MCEDGE

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My face last night:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Cute.

By game theory I mean everybody making the best move possible for themselves, and trying to suss out the logical fallacies they currently fall victim to.

It wasn't a theoretical play, and least not of "Durf." I worked the "I'm not a big Andy fan." "I don't even KNOW Ice Phoenix" angle as hard as I could.

Shrug. Have fun not voting for me to win, I guess.

I will be joining the rest of my fellow judges in that game.

In truth I'm at this point torn between Winson and Ice for who I would vote. Ice I like more, but Winson makes funny posts and made some plays that I think were good.

I would vote Byers but I don't think any of you are dumb enough to put him in a position where he could get voted on.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Anyway, my only grudge is with Majuju, if he's offered to quit for y'all Durfs, because quitting is lame. And because it's unfair to Byers because whether or not Majuju realizes it he's clearly forcing Byers to go on an immunity run. And it's unfair to me and Skinty who don't want to quit. Quitting (or voluntarily being voted out) is a pretty big line to cross in Survivor.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

Close the thread after this post, for this is where the game ends.

Also was this directed at me or Cena?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

Also was this directed at me or Cena?

It was a joke, much like the rest of the overblown nature of the post. I mean you can if you want to.

And nothing of worth was lost.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

It was a joke, much like the rest of the overblown nature of the post. I mean you can if you want to.

See this too was a joke. I know you guys have problems recognising them.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

pre:
God fashioned the ship of the world carefully. 
With the infinite skill of an All-Master 
Made He the hull and the sails, 
Held He the rudder 
Ready for adjustment. 
Erect stood He, scanning His work proudly. 
Then -- at fateful time -- a wrong called, 
And God turned, heeding. 
Lo, the ship, at this opportunity, slipped slyly, 
Making cunning noiseless travel down the ways. 
So that, forever rudderless, it went upon the seas 
Going ridiculous voyages, 
Making quaint progress, 
Turning as with serious purpose 
Before stupid winds. 
And there were many in the sky 
Who laughed at this thing. 

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

See this too was a joke. I know you guys have problems recognising them.

One of the tests I had to pass to become a moderator was to demonstrate a total inability to recognize jokes, sorry.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

pre:
God fashioned the ship of the world carefully. 
With the infinite skill of an All-Master 
Made He the hull and the sails, 
Held He the rudder 
Ready for adjustment. 
Erect stood He, scanning His work proudly. 
Then -- at fateful time -- a wrong called, 
And God turned, heeding. 
Lo, the ship, at this opportunity, slipped slyly, 
Making cunning noiseless travel down the ways. 
So that, forever rudderless, it went upon the seas 
Going ridiculous voyages, 
Making quaint progress, 
Turning as with serious purpose 
Before stupid winds. 
And there were many in the sky 
Who laughed at this thing. 

Seriously you're making a good go of actually making me vote for you at this point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I will be joining the rest of my fellow judges in that game.

I guess I have one lingering question then.

Why did you guys go straight for me after you nailed Andy? Why not take care of Byers at that point, if he's SUCH A THREAT?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

Seriously you're making a good go of actually making me vote for you at this point.

Haha, I love Stephen Crane. He is not really thought of as a poet, but his poetry is so loving cynical it is amazing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I guess I have one lingering question then.

Why did you guys go straight for me after you nailed Andy? Why not take care of Byers at that point, if he's SUCH A THREAT?

Because, and when you read the confessionals you will see this is true. I actually had you down as the best player in the game.

Yet for some reason that changed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Because, and when you read the confessionals you will see this is true. I actually had you down as the best player in the game.

Yet for some reason that changed.

Yeah, you know, if you hadn't been so consistently straightforward in not trusting me, maybe I would have trusted you with something.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Yeah, you know, if you hadn't been so consistently straightforward in not trusting me, maybe I would have trusted you with something.

In my experience trusting you doesn't work out that well for anyone involved.

Hi Winds buddy. See you soon.

I'll have my column in pink please.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

In my experience trusting you doesn't work out that well for anyone involved.

Hi Winds buddy. See you soon.

I'll have my column in pink please.

Do the jury people get to talk and stuff, or are they sequestered? It sounds like the former, which seems kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

Do the jury people get to talk and stuff, or are they sequestered? It sounds like the former, which seems kinda cool.

There is a Ponderosa, just like real Survivor.

• Locked thread