Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Chewbacca posted:

I "ordered" a pair from HLJ so maybe someday they'll be back in stock and I'll get them. I can live with 30 bucks plus SAL shipping.

I also decided to put myself on the waiting list, my interest has been peaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I've been on the waiting list for months now, so don't expect it anytime this year.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Turn X MG is out.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Sorta kinda off-topic, but Bandai now has the license for Star Wars model kits.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It's model kits, it counts, and hot drat! Can't wait to get my hands on a semi-decent X-Wing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gently caress you, Bandai! STOP TAKING MY MONEY! :argh::shepspends:

I am far, far, too tempted by that 1/12 R2-D2.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That Samurai Darth Vader looks absolutely ridiculous!

...I must have it!

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Are there any rumors of Sleeves' Regelgu or Jagd Doga kits from Unicorn?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Yes, but will we be able to kitbash them with our Gundam models?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My god, I hope they never stop smoking whatever they're toking on at Bandai HQ these last few months.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
God, waiting on these LEDs is torture. Just starting at all these sprues, begging to be assembled. This is what I get for waiting until after the kit's arrived to order the parts :shepicide:

On the other hand, popping the chest/binders/GN Drives open when they arrive shouldn't be too hard, should it? I mean, Bandai realized that batteries occasionally need to be replaced... right?

Right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

404GoonNotFound posted:

God, waiting on these LEDs is torture. Just starting at all these sprues, begging to be assembled. This is what I get for waiting until after the kit's arrived to order the parts :shepicide:

On the other hand, popping the chest/binders/GN Drives open when they arrive shouldn't be too hard, should it? I mean, Bandai realized that batteries occasionally need to be replaced... right?

Right?

Why are you waiting for the LEDs to build the kit? The kit is DESIGNED to be taken apart to remove the LEDs if the batteries die.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

TaurusOxford posted:

Why are you waiting for the LEDs to build the kit? The kit is DESIGNED to be taken apart to remove the LEDs if the batteries die.

I usually just assume maximum idiocy from a manufacturer, and then am pleasantly surprised when things aren't poo poo.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

I usually just assume maximum idiocy from a manufacturer, and then am pleasantly surprised when things aren't poo poo.

Im surprised that the instructions to build the kit don't show that the leds can be dropped in and taken out.

I don't even have that kit but bought some of the leds made for it on a whim and the instructions (printed on the inside of the box) did.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blackchamber posted:

Im surprised that the instructions to build the kit don't show that the leds can be dropped in and taken out.

You'll be more surprised to learn then that the instructions DO show that the LEDs can be dropped in and taken out.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

You'll be more surprised to learn then that the instructions DO show that the LEDs can be dropped in and taken out.

Well there you go 404! No need to assume manufacturer stupidity.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Generally you don't have to worry about Bandai half-assing their manuals.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Do the Bearguy III and Kshatriya have compatible shoulder joints? If I wanted to make a Bearatriya could I just pop the arms off a Kshatriya and put them on a Bearguy III?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

Do the Bearguy III and Kshatriya have compatible shoulder joints? If I wanted to make a Bearatriya could I just pop the arms off a Kshatriya and put them on a Bearguy III?

Sorry, but no. Both Kshatriya and Bearguy III have completely different shoulder systems.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I did a test build of my MG Phenex before I go ahead and decide to strip the metallic coating or what...

The joints are really really lovely, it's impossible to pose or even really get on a stand right now without falling into a billion pieces. Gonna need to pledge the crap out of it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Welcome to MG Unicorn. It can be hard to remember given how long it's stayed in vogue, but it's a seven year old transforming kit.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I want a MG unicorn, and that one guy has like 4 of the fuckers, but everything I hear makes me worry about it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Destroy mode is borderline okay if you pose it and NEVER EVER touch it again.

Unicorn mode is pretty solid. Except the loving ankle covers. Glue those fuckers on.

A lot of the stability problems are solved by not extending his ankle psychoframe.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Is it pretty legit on a stand? Where does it rate against say the Zeta 2.0?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MG Unicorn's like most vKas; an incredibly ambitious design that didn't quite work out, so you'll have to do some mods. If you get one, pick a mode to display it in and glue it that way forever. You'll be happier for it.

And if you pick Destroy Mode than take the time to fix the horrid leg proportions and paint silver backings on the psychoframe. It really does make a difference.

As for where it stands against Zeta 2.0, articulation is about the same but the weapons are much less awkward to pose with.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

hallo spacedog posted:

I did a test build of my MG Phenex before I go ahead and decide to strip the metallic coating or what...

The joints are really really lovely, it's impossible to pose or even really get on a stand right now without falling into a billion pieces. Gonna need to pledge the crap out of it.

When you load a suit with enough gimmicks, something has to go. That first thing is usually the solid cohesion of the suit's construction.

I just finished part of my MG Delta Plus, and I swear to God I envy the HG cousin that is a partsformer. Who gives a poo poo if a suit can transform natively if every little swivel and clasp threatens to bend/break/fall off?

Edit: Building my MG Delta Plus made me miss how rock solid the MG Jesta actually is. No Bullshit gimmicks, only tight and sturdy construction.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Gonna be SO glad when the Neo-Zeong is released 'cause I'm tired of seeing the loving thing at this point.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bandai really doesn't want the thing to fail, it's crazy how much advertisement it's gotten.

It's just a shame that, well, is anyone here actually thinking of getting it?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Bandai really doesn't want the thing to fail, it's crazy how much advertisement it's gotten.

If I'm still interested in Gunpla when I move to a larger space, yes, very much so.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Maybe when I move out and if I go absolutely bonkers. Even then it's a really low chance, it's just too big.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Not me, despite it's red-ness.

Nightingale though...

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

It's an expensive, red-hot mess of plastic. The actual design is comically unruly and unwieldy.

I assume it's the kind of thing people will buy to enter into competitions.

On that note, I'd buy a Shamblo in a heartbeat.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

As much as I want to, I can't really justify spending that kind of money on a model kit I'll probably never get around to finishing and have no place to display properly even if I did finish it.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
When you factor in how small Japanese living spaces are it becomes even more confusing as to why the thing even exists.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
As a change from the Neo Zeong, there's review pics of the Zssa and Airmaster up. I may be wrong, but I think the Zssa's missing it's stickers because there's no visible monoeye and don't the kits with the swirly cuffs like the Sinanju usually have a sticker to cover them? (especially at the Zssa's price point)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

When you factor in how small Japanese living spaces are it becomes even more confusing as to why the thing even exists.

The thing exists because Unicorn has made Bandai truckloads of money, although I do agree with you that it's a dumb idea for a model kit. You'd think Bandai would have just went for PG Unicorn/Sinanju if they wanted to attract the hardcore Gunpla fans.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Printed materials are generally the last components of a kit to be produced.

That Airmaster looks hella tight for a small-sized HG, and I don't even care for the design much. Why couldn't the F91 have been this good?

edit: I don't object to the existence of the Neo-Zeong — more kits is always good, heck do ALL the kits — but I just can't conceive of any scenario in which this release does not wind up clogging warehouses for a long time to come. The HGUC Dendro took, what, something like four years to sell through its first pressing? I seem to recall hearing that people actually got fired over that one.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 17, 2014

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Jegan Ace posted:

It's an expensive, red-hot mess of plastic. The actual design is comically unruly and unwieldy.

I assume it's the kind of thing people will buy to enter into competitions.

On that note, I'd buy a Shamblo in a heartbeat.

I think it's too big to be entered into most competitions in the first place :v:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

As a change from the Neo Zeong, there's review pics of the Zssa and Airmaster up. I may be wrong, but I think the Zssa's missing it's stickers because there's no visible monoeye and don't the kits with the swirly cuffs like the Sinanju usually have a sticker to cover them? (especially at the Zssa's price point)

Thanks for sharing that. Though, for some reason - it looks like the Zssa has a solitary crotch missile in those pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

everythingWasBees posted:

I think it's too big to be entered into most competitions in the first place :v:

I'm just hoping some :smuggo: rear end in a top hat enters one into some competition in Build Fighters season 2, only to be crushed almost immediately.

"I can use any high grade in this thing, huh? *BOMPF* How's this then? :v:"

Come to think of it, you'd probably need a GP-Base the size of a boogie board for the drat thing.

• Locked thread