Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Zephonith posted:

I just had an extra QL1 AE Capacitor drop for me. Let me know if you want it and I'll happily sell it to you for far less than the Auction House, or swap it.

I'll trade you a single-use bomb that nobody wants AEGIS explosive gadget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TSW is $15 on Origin right now for anyone interested.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

TSW is $15 on Origin right now for anyone interested.

Is the deluxe version also on sale?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Is the deluxe version also on sale?

HAHAHAHAHAHA EA doesn't care about TSW enough to even have that listed.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Whoever still hasn't played this game needs to realize the Polaris end boss has as many mechanics as Garrosh in WoW.

AAAAAH! Why did I not play this more since launch!?!?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Schrodingers cat posted:

Whoever still hasn't played this game needs to realize the Polaris end boss has as many mechanics as Garrosh in WoW.

AAAAAH! Why did I not play this more since launch!?!?

It does? I've fought it twice. The first time it did some weird fog thing. The second time it died before it could do anything but attack a few times.

Speaking of bosses, gently caress MACHINE TYRANT. I pity the people who had to figure him out in order write guides about and I dread doing the nightmare version of Hell Raised because of how much worse it could be.

Also, the LFG channel is useless in my experience but the LFG thing that just lists everyone looking for people to group with will get you going pretty quickly. All 3 times I've used it I've ended up with decent groups and the only wipes were on machine tyrant and an aborted attempt to Darkness War right after Hell Raised with 2 of them being undergeared for it. No idea how it is for nightmares, but for normal it seems just fine.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 15, 2014

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The only really awful part of Machine Tyrant's mechanics is requiring several people in your party to have the same elite skill.

All the other mechanics are fine, although there is a lot more poo poo to dodge on that fight than most. Feels closer to a raid boss.

I've been staying away from LFG and getting groups in #noobmare, all of which have been friendly and competent.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
MACHINE TYRANT IS THE BEST BOSS AND ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES IS THE SHITTIEST HITLER.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My second time against normal machine tyrant I dodged the area spells and got stuck in close to him while applying DPS :coal: I forget if you can actually hurt him at all during that though, but tbf I am a total idiot both then and now

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

xanthan posted:

It does? I've fought it twice. The first time it did some weird fog thing. The second time it died before it could do anything but attack a few times.

Speaking of bosses, gently caress MACHINE TYRANT. I pity the people who had to figure him out in order write guides about and I dread doing the nightmare version of Hell Raised because of how much worse it could be.

Also, the LFG channel is useless in my experience but the LFG thing that just lists everyone looking for people to group with will get you going pretty quickly. All 3 times I've used it I've ended up with decent groups and the only wipes were on machine tyrant and an aborted attempt to Darkness War right after Hell Raised with 2 of them being undergeared for it. No idea how it is for nightmares, but for normal it seems just fine.

Well if you kill it too fast you don't see all the phases but I've seen the encounter done "normally" once and was really surprised by how cool it is for a dungeon boss.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
(I know I'm ages behind. So sue me.)

I played through "Last Train to Cairo" last night, and that was fantastic. The final mission bordered on taking too damned long, and I have to agree with Kirsten about the lack of a confirmed kill, but the fire and the tank and the sideways climbing... :swoon:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

prefect posted:

(I know I'm ages behind. So sue me.)

I played through "Last Train to Cairo" last night, and that was fantastic. The final mission bordered on taking too damned long, and I have to agree with Kirsten about the lack of a confirmed kill, but the fire and the tank and the sideways climbing... :swoon:

You're gonna looooooove A Dream to Kill.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cheston posted:

I can't wait. :D

In other news, is there a cheap way to beat Mara in the "Mortal Sins" quest chain in Transylvania? I either get blown up by her massive explosion or I get killed by zombies while trying to damage her. My gear is blue QL10, and I'm fairly good at most other fights, but this one I can't even get close to winning. :saddowns:

CaptainZalo
Apr 14, 2011

Don't forget to wipe!

prefect posted:

I can't wait. :D

In other news, is there a cheap way to beat Mara in the "Mortal Sins" quest chain in Transylvania? I either get blown up by her massive explosion or I get killed by zombies while trying to damage her. My gear is blue QL10, and I'm fairly good at most other fights, but this one I can't even get close to winning. :saddowns:

Let Callisto (or whatever that white-haired ghoul guy is named) tank her. Run behind the pillars on the sides of the room when she loads the gently caress-you charge. And just AoE down the zombies. Took me about 2 minutes with green ql10. You whip her down to near-death and then there's cinematic-time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CaptainZalo posted:

Let Callisto (or whatever that white-haired ghoul guy is named) tank her. Run behind the pillars on the sides of the room when she loads the gently caress-you charge. And just AoE down the zombies. Took me about 2 minutes with green ql10. You whip her down to near-death and then there's cinematic-time.

I've probably been spoiled by all the time I spent in World of Warcraft, where they've got add-ons that will time everything and warn you in advance when it's time to hide. Either I get blown up as I'm running for cover too late or I immediately hide behind a statue and get zombied to death. (I can kill the zombies, but there's almost no time left to shoot her afterwards.) I will give it some more tries, though. Plus I've got a new purple head talisman after my train adventure. :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

I've probably been spoiled by all the time I spent in World of Warcraft, where they've got add-ons that will time everything and warn you in advance when it's time to hide. Either I get blown up as I'm running for cover too late or I immediately hide behind a statue and get zombied to death. (I can kill the zombies, but there's almost no time left to shoot her afterwards.) I will give it some more tries, though. Plus I've got a new purple head talisman after my train adventure. :)

DBM/BigWigs are reasons such mechanics lose their charm since all they are in WoW is an alarm sound and a message telling you what to do, you`re almost an observer at this point - unless you count Heroic raids (until you outgear them, that is).

TSW feels fresh because you`re basically required to pay attention. Enemies that can annihilate you can become as easy as the Kingsmouth early zombies if you stack statuses and watch for their telegraphs. That`s why I love this game so much, you feel like you actually have to respond and adapt to the world around you.

My main problem with the game is enjoying both the Templar and Illuminati handlers and lore and switching back and forth between 2 Blood/Ele characters :v

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

Good news! I think it's the Viper Castbar addon let's you set certain abilities to flash the castbar and I think make a sound. Makes everything way easier.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

edit: nevermind i found the password

Tyshalob fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 17, 2014

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Tyshalob posted:

Can somebody either delete or help me unfuck my offsite forum account? I forgot my password and the e-mail address associated with it is no longer valid.

Pretty sure account issues like that need to go through the hosting site, Sorry.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CaptainZalo posted:

After three or four more attempts, I actually succeeded! :toot:

I think I may have been misled by the mission guides on unfair.co; they made it sound like there was a very good chance of running out of statues during the fight, but I only had to hide twice before getting to phase two. I could have played it so much safer instead of trying to keep shooting Mara until the last second.

I even got to Tokyo! Where I got beaten into the ground repeatedly because of my "I'll figure out this Aegis business later" attitude. :downs: (On the plus side, I do enjoy running around a new zone at top speed trying to avoid enemies while seeing the sights and discovering new areas.)

From what I've read so far, AR leeching (what I've been doing so far) seems to be a no-go in Tokyo, so it's time for a build restructuring. I'm thinking Elemental and Blood, because it would be nice to feel like an actual magician instead of a guy with an assault rifle. Plus, blood and elementalism have a bunch of chain powers, and that sounds like fun. If I build around chain attacks and the Afflicted state, am I headed for sadness and ruin? (Moreso than usual, I mean.)

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Blood and Elementalism can be a very viable endgame build, and should give you some range, since a number of those mobs hit pretty drat hard. Afflicts work nicely in Tokyo - just be sure not to pull too many things with your chain abilities.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
I was under the impression that Ele/Blood parses much higher than the standard EF Shootout builds. Not sure though, never gotten around to testing it.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Fewd posted:

I was under the impression that Ele/Blood parses much higher than the standard EF Shootout builds. Not sure though, never gotten around to testing it.

I think you're right. I have had ele/blood builds that parse higher than the FotM EF shootout builds. It just requires more attention by the player to keep all the damage buffs up. Screw up the rotation either accidentally or from lag and a significant chunk of pretty numbers go away.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That all sounds like fancy words for "not half as good as AR/Ele".

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I can't be bothered with anything that requires you to keep manifestations up, because I have never been able to activate that one click targeting thing and the normal UI for it is not conducive to DPS at all. On top of that, you've got bosses who wander out of the AoE. At least you still get Elemental Fury.

Basically, kudos to anyone who makes them work.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Mani's are an extra pain in the rear end on the NY raid, which is the main reason I've stuck with AR/Blood.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Hey, could I get a referral key to try this out? Thanks!

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

OSheaman posted:

Hey, could I get a referral key to try this out? Thanks!

UDLXZYZMSL7DUX2VVFQW

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Thank you!!

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?

prefect posted:

:words:

From what I've read so far, AR leeching (what I've been doing so far) seems to be a no-go in Tokyo, so it's time for a build restructuring. I'm thinking Elemental and Blood, because it would be nice to feel like an actual magician instead of a guy with an assault rifle. Plus, blood and elementalism have a bunch of chain powers, and that sounds like fun. If I build around chain attacks and the Afflicted state, am I headed for sadness and ruin? (Moreso than usual, I mean.)

Congrats on Callisto and stuff.

That's odd, that's pretty much all I been running with there. I'm in purples, sure, but I'm far from running around in 10.5 gear.

EDIT:
Chain builds... not really much experience with those myself, usually do ranged AOE, single target, or tinkered with some strange melee builds. But not chains, sorry.

Citizen Kane 13 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 19, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cheston posted:

You were correct about this. :D

The guitar sting alone. :swoon:

Citizen Kane 13 posted:

Congrats on Callisto and stuff.

That's odd, that's pretty much all I been running with there. I'm in purples, sure, but I'm far from running around in 10.5 gear.

EDIT:
Chain builds... not really much experience with those myself, usually do ranged AOE, single target, or tinkered with some strange melee builds. But not chains, sorry.

Maybe AR leeching can still work (although I still feel like I should mix things up more often than I do), but I definitely need to add another builder/consumer, because I have only AR powers on my bar right now.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

prefect posted:

You were correct about this. :D

The guitar sting alone. :swoon:

Maybe AR leeching can still work (although I still feel like I should mix things up more often than I do), but I definitely need to add another builder/consumer, because I have only AR powers on my bar right now.

If you want your healer to hate you, you should spec AR/Blood and use Bloodshot constantly for the buff, because the DPS is cray-cray.

Conversely, I think running this without a Karma Curio drove Rasheed to the brink of tears in 18s so I highly recommend using it on pubbie runs.

(Also, 'accidentally' loving up the run to Angry Maze Kite Lady in Hell Risen)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brain In A Jar posted:

If you want your healer to hate you, you should spec AR/Blood and use Bloodshot constantly for the buff, because the DPS is cray-cray.

Conversely, I think running this without a Karma Curio drove Rasheed to the brink of tears in 18s so I highly recommend using it on pubbie runs.

(Also, 'accidentally' loving up the run to Angry Maze Kite Lady in Hell Risen)

I'm still playing solo right now. I think I'm technically in the official(?) goon cabal, but I haven't even figured out how to get the chat stuff working again. :shobon:

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I started playing this last night with a friend. We had an absolute blast in kingsmouth. So many zombies. I've been running Ele/Pistols because Ele seems like great damage and I thought that pistols could heal, but so far I haven't gotten any heals. Am I mistaken? Should I pick a different secondary weapon?

Also I misspent about 5 AP and 3 SP on a weapon set I didn't like. I read earlier in the thread that it didn't matter and I shouldn't reroll, and I just wanted to confirm.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Pistol gets a few minor heals and some debuff healing later on, but it's less of a sustained healing thing from what I've seen. Blood/AR/Fists are very heavily heal based, with AR being based on dealing damage and getting heals out of it, Blood being a mix of that and basic normal heals, and Fist normal targeted heals like normal. They're all pretty fun but I like AR the best because I always overdraw my blood resources and hurt myself. :downs:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Scags posted:

I started playing this last night with a friend. We had an absolute blast in kingsmouth. So many zombies. I've been running Ele/Pistols because Ele seems like great damage and I thought that pistols could heal, but so far I haven't gotten any heals. Am I mistaken? Should I pick a different secondary weapon?

Also I misspent about 5 AP and 3 SP on a weapon set I didn't like. I read earlier in the thread that it didn't matter and I shouldn't reroll, and I just wanted to confirm.

Eventually (if you play long enough), you will get all the skills. You shouldn't panic about bad choices, although you are allowed to feel frustrated by them. :)

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Scags posted:

Pistol healing is mostly in the outer ring, so you won't be seeing a lot of it for a while. Don't delete your dude and restart though, because XP from quests, and subsequently your AP generation, ramps up like crazy once you leave Kingsmouth.

I know it seems unbelievable, but you will quickly find you have most of your entire ability wheel filled, and then you will sacrifice your mortal soul to endless Nightmare Mode dungeons for incredibly specific gear.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

Pistol gets a few minor heals and some debuff healing later on, but it's less of a sustained healing thing from what I've seen. Blood/AR/Fists are very heavily heal based, with AR being based on dealing damage and getting heals out of it, Blood being a mix of that and basic normal heals, and Fist normal targeted heals like normal. They're all pretty fun but I like AR the best because I always overdraw my blood resources and hurt myself. :downs:

I'll have to give the AR a shot then! Thanks. I might just reroll. I spent a lot of points in pistol and it is going to bother me big time to have to look at that.

EDIT:

Brain In A Jar posted:

Pistol healing is mostly in the outer ring, so you won't be seeing a lot of it for a while. Don't delete your dude and restart though, because XP from quests, and subsequently your AP generation, ramps up like crazy once you leave Kingsmouth.

I know it seems unbelievable, but you will quickly find you have most of your entire ability wheel filled, and then you will sacrifice your mortal soul to endless Nightmare Mode dungeons for incredibly specific gear.

Nevermind then! I'll just stick with it.

Edit 2: Relax brain in a jar. I won't do it. It's okay. I got your advice before anything drastic happened.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Scags posted:

Thanks. I might just reroll.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I did create a character last night to see what it was like in Dragon. Ran through a bunch of Kingsmouth quests. Are they always so boring? I've probably been spoiled by taking orders from Kirsten, but the Dragon handler acts like an accountant.

• Locked thread