Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Been curious about this game since it launched, think I have time now to give it a shot. I have no idea what I'm doing help

Danger@Actionnews15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Yet another meltdown in progress.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17487871&postcount=134

Edit: Because you just know that post (if not the whole thread) is not going to survive:

LordCo fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 16, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Cover shields.

Cover shields on the twice hourly hover board races causing a bit of fuss and a giggle every once in a while has led to this.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Let's insult a mod while we're at it, because that's definitely going to help my case.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
What an amazing meltdown.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Jackie D posted:

Been curious about this game since it launched, think I have time now to give it a shot. I have no idea what I'm doing help

Danger@Actionnews15

Intel5 posted:

Ahh, back in this loving spaceship game.

twiggy@intel5

registered on the wiki as intel5

need back into nerds of prey or whatever the gently caress it is

plot.lost posted:

Well this seems to have changed a fair bit since I last played. Back in Starfleet side as Qei@plot.lost and registered for the wiki as plot.lost.

You're all invited to TheNextGooneration and/or authorised on the wiki. Join the channel and someone will invite you to Starfleet Dental or Nerds of Prey on request.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The forums live again! Have an alternative Starfleet Dental logo in celebration!

(I didn't make this, Da Mott Man did)

Preechr fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 16, 2014

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Preechr posted:

The forums live again! Have an alternative Starfleet Dental logo in celebration!

It's... beautiful :golfclap: I was going to have a go at making a new one myself but that blows my idea out of the water.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Hey, signed up on the wiki with username Bauxite. I've dicked around in the game long enough, I should probably learn how the pretty lasers actually work a little bit.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Preechr posted:

(I didn't make this, Da Mott Man did)

That is beautiful. I hope the pubbies appreciate the effort Da Mott Man put in to our new logo, and hope it won't get mistaken for Nazi symbolism again.

Bauxite posted:

Hey, signed up on the wiki with username Bauxite. I've dicked around in the game long enough, I should probably learn how the pretty lasers actually work a little bit.

You're in.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Holy crap. That xtern1ty guy doesn't understand sarcasm.

xtern1ty posted:

Here one of the most moderated and warned players players in STO, and yet he dares to quote rules and tell others what to do.

Added to that, a guy who has trolled other unnamed players about their @handle being the same as their fleet and channel - then goes and copies the same idea himself.

Anytime he speaks, nonsense comes out. Observe it often enough as I have, and you'll learn to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

For the autistic: nabreeki was making a joke about xtern1ty's fleet which is also named xtern1ty and has a channel named xtern1ty.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Korgan posted:

You're all invited to TheNextGooneration and/or authorised on the wiki. Join the channel and someone will invite you to Starfleet Dental or Nerds of Prey on request.
Already on on TheNextGooneration, but wondering if I was still registered on the wiki...? Still @Chortles in-game EDIT: and now Chortles on the wiki.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 16, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Chortles posted:

Already on on TheNextGooneration, but wondering if I was still registered on the wiki...? Still @Chortles in-game.

Didn't see any users named Chortles on the wiki, go to http://wiki.wesleyguide.com/start and make an account, let me know the username and I'll authorise you.

EDIT and you're in.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 16, 2014

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Aelfwin1 is just precious. He truly is the gift that keeps on giving, the hole that keeps getting dug :allears:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, when askray wakes up he's going to have fun going through that thread.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

We've broken the pubbies. I just placed discoballs leading to the finish line, pubbies slowed down and didn't go through the middle of the finish line in case there was a shield there. :v:

EDIT

Korgan fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 16, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I wish I could escape myselfs

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
'PC'? Wow, keep this up and he's going to start blaming feminism.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Dinictus posted:

Aelfwin1 is just precious. He truly is the gift that keeps on giving, the hole that keeps getting dug :allears:

Not content with killing their fun any more, Starfleet Dental has now turned its attention to hacking the timeline and inserting the Aquila, and variations thereof (and, indeed, predecessors) throughout history.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's us, we're the 3rd Street Saints.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Bieeardo posted:

'PC'? Wow, keep this up and he's going to start blaming feminism.

i promise you, that dude blames feminism every time he stubs his toe.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
We need a foundry mission where dentalts start world war 2 due to exposing an orb or the guardian of eternity to a disco ball

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

It's us, we're the 3rd Fleet Saints.

FTFY

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Some evil bastard is trying to frame us again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nldqbxBnw

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/vCeYSKGN

Sunbathing on Risa is serious business.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Let's get back to the most important issue here. All those rage posts are equivalent to the fight against the atrocities and genocides in WW2.

Also sophistry sophistry sophistry bold text italicized text highlighting.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Ladies and gentlemen, coming in 9.5: CRAFTING REVAMP!

Stephen D'Angelo posted:

2014 has been a major year for improving existing Star Trek Online game play, and Season 9.5 continues pushing in this direction. We’re excited that this update will focus on crafting.

In this release, the STO dev team has completely reworked every element of crafting in the game. We started by looking at how crafting materials are acquired. While you will still be able to harvest in missions, we are introducing more ways to earn valuable materials. We moved on through the whole process of crafting, introducing multiple schools for captains to level up in, a new user interface, and even new abilities for crafted gear that are not found in dropped loot. Since duty officers play a part in this new crafting system, we also took the time to give a facelift to duty officer user interface.

Our goal is to have a crafting system that our players enjoy and are excited to use. We’ll be providing detailed dev blogs on each aspect of the new system over the coming weeks, explaining how the system works and the reasons behind our choices. Be sure to keep an eye on the game news when you are not busy powerboarding on Risa during the summer event.

Season 9.5 will be on Tribble soon and will be live in late July.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

On a scale of 1 to 10 what is the likelihood that all crafting recipes down to the lowliest phaser will require 8001 refined dilithium.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Berke Negri posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10 what is the likelihood that all crafting recipes down to the lowliest phaser will require 8001 refined dilithium.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

LordCo posted:

Some evil bastard is trying to frame us again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nldqbxBnw

Aww, at the start there I thought that was going to be the UFO theme.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I think they've claimed the "crafting will have items with unique abilities you can't get any other way" and "you can craft exactly the item you need" every single time they've reworked crafting, and apart from the Aegis set it's never been true.

And yeah the dil and grind costs of it are guaranteed to go up. I bet they won't even keep your current crafting skill level.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I just want my drat secondary deflector already.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

wdarkk posted:

I just want my drat secondary deflector already.

Hahaha, nerd. Get a real ship.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I wonder if their plans to make people want to do crafting include not having to go to a whole other planet to do it. Because if there's no one likes it's a commute.

Edit: Oh, and what a surprise, the cover shield thread's been closed.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 16, 2014

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Some things to note in today's Tribble patch:

quote:

General:
  • Bonus Mark event starting from 6/26/14 – 6/30/14 has been added back to the calendar.
  • Resolved an issue that was occasionally causing Risa swimsuits to appear on maps other than Risa.
  • Swimsuits now work on Romulan Borg males.
  • Romulan Alien Females now have the name Alien added back to their name after choosing a faction.
    • When choosing a faction, the word Alien would be removed.
    • This is only a text change.

Oh dear.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Pretty low.

Anything actually vaguely worth making will be dozens of times that.

Atrayonis posted:

Some things to note in today's Tribble patch:

Oh dear.
:argh:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So with the furore over the Dental flags it was decided NoP could do with a revamp. Focusing the pure love of disco and taking instruction from Pulse I've come up with this so far:

Other possibilities would be to have an actual disco ball there rather than the kdf logo, or some crazy fusion of the two, maybe?

Edit:

Aleth fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 17, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The first one for sure, the disco ball blends in too much with the other colours while the Red stands out more. Maybe try the Klingon/Discoball one but with the Klingon symbol red?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
'multiple schools to level up in' didn't just lose me, it gave me a mighty shove out the airlock.

And if it doesn't still tether you to Memory Alpha, I'll be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They seem to have added in NPCs that spawn in and shoot you if you drop pattern enhancers on the Risa dance floor.

• Locked thread