Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Aww. They made it so you can't buy Priority Transport: The Black Hole as a low level character anymore. Doing that at level 1 and running around Corellia was my favorite stupid way of leveling an alt to 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

BigDes posted:

hmm, I think the gambling might be bugged a bit

My guy on the Kingpin machine, word jackpot flashes up and he does a little dance and I get nothing.

Unless it just flashes up like that when anyone gets the jackpot
You will have gotten another cert

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gambling trip report:

I went in with 1.1 million credits and one goal: The black vectron mount.

Within literally my first five rolls I managed to break a machine. You'd think that would be an auspicious start, but 1.1 million credits later, no vectron mount :(.

Ah well, it's only fake money. I'll cope.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
Can someone shoot me a guild invite when they get a chance? Miley-Psyrus

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Can I get a guild invite into That's No Goon? Character name is Ter'jon

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Gambling trip report:

I went in with 1.1 million credits and one goal: The black vectron mount.

Within literally my first five rolls I managed to break a machine. You'd think that would be an auspicious start, but 1.1 million credits later, no vectron mount :(.

Ah well, it's only fake money. I'll cope.

You have a weirdly set up action bar.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So, tonight 8:00 Central, let's get together and scour Alderaan for datacrons and raid Castle Organa. Afterwards, we'll do Corellia datacrons and kill Lucky.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Did some dailies as a space poor, spent 140k on chips and went to town. Remember to shift click to buy multiples of the smuggler chips.

The event gets pretty annoying on a dry spell (ie when you're not getting many kingpin chips) since you're just hammering on the slot machine. Had maybe 30-50 clicks on the kingpin machine before I basically ran out of smuggler's chips.

Lucked out on getting a Vectron Magnus towards the end (around 10-20% chance of getting something with 30-50 clicks) so pretty sweet.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

So, tonight 8:00 Central, let's get together and scour Alderaan for datacrons and raid Castle Organa. Afterwards, we'll do Corellia datacrons and kill Lucky.

Just fyi: you'll be up all night to get lucky

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I've already got those datacrons but I'm down to kill Lucky.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Man there are some angry bitter people in nar shadaa right now. One dude was raging about blowing a couple machines but never getting a jackpot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Man there are some angry bitter people in nar shadaa right now. One dude was raging about blowing a couple machines but never getting a jackpot.

Well that's his mistake then, you are supposed to put coins in them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stan S. Stanman posted:

arg, i wish i'd remembered to turn gen chat back on while i was grinding the machines last night. I bet there would have been some comedy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

arg, i wish i'd remembered to turn gen chat back on while i was grinding the machines last night. I bet there would have been some comedy.

Here this will make you laugh then -

This morning I had a stack of 70 Kingpin coins. Today I still have no Rancor.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Medullah posted:

Here this will make you laugh then -

This morning I had a stack of 70 Kingpin coins. Today I still have no Rancor.

I think you'll have more luck buying a rancor from the GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tezzeract posted:

I think you'll have more luck buying a rancor from the GTN.

Yes it would

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Been playing this game since near launch and only today found a new mission area on Dromund Kaas. Right next to the entrance as well. Go east and there is a big waterfalls and a couple of missions there. Felt dumb

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Tezzeract posted:

Lucked out on getting a Vectron Magnus towards the end (around 10-20% chance of getting something with 30-50 clicks) so pretty sweet.

I've spent a total of 300k over the last couple of days. I have been hoping to win that one. It is really the only one I'm interested in. Of course, tonight I get the Rancor.

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005
I got everything I wanted for about 200K, two of the new pistols for my merc and the tommy gun for Treek.

Thankfully I like my tauntaun too much to spend any more on a rancor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Good chance I won't make funday, got a friend coming over to help with yard work then we're doing dinner so likely won't be on

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Medullah posted:

Good chance I won't make funday, got a friend coming over to help with yard work then we're doing dinner so likely won't be on

You are really just going to gamble on a alt, aren't you? I feel sorry for you, and hope you get that rancor :(

Anyone pubbed some ops? How is the bolster? Enough to counter baddies? I am especially interested in tank bolster, do you get optimized stats, or just better of what you have on your current gear? Can you queue a full group and still get bonus like with flashpoints?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 15, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

You are really just going to gamble on a alt, aren't you? I feel sorry for you, and hope you get that rancor :(

Anyone pubbed some ops? How is the bolster? Enough to counter baddies? I am especially interested in tank bolster, do you get optimized stats, or just better of what you get?

No I'm done for a while gambling. Another attack of 50 kingpins this morning, I'm at 2.4 million. Screw it.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Dunno-Lars posted:

Anyone pubbed some ops? How is the bolster? Enough to counter baddies? I am especially interested in tank bolster, do you get optimized stats, or just better of what you have on your current gear? Can you queue a full group and still get bonus like with flashpoints?

The GF ops stuff is currently broken as all hell. It hasn't awarded the ultimate comms since the patch that 'fixed' it to be only 8 man. I don't know if it was actually working long enough for people to get a good gauge of how the bolster system worked.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Bedurndurn posted:

The GF ops stuff is currently broken as all hell. It hasn't awarded the ultimate comms since the patch that 'fixed' it to be only 8 man. I don't know if it was actually working long enough for people to get a good gauge of how the bolster system worked.

I ran 4 of the 16m bolstered ops and stuff definitely was dying very fast. I didn't notice the lower hp people gaining much in that department when it applied bolster. So it may just have even related to a bunch of overgeared people plowing through the content and had nothing to do with the few people who were carried by the group.

I enjoyed the 66 comms per run. I was able to find 3 different df gf runs in the same night. That's never happened before.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The bolster must work pretty well as even when my GF group was loving fights up horrendously we still only wiped once or twice in a whole run through of DF. The DPS was insane but the group was dumb as poo poo so I'm guessing there was a lot of bolster helping out there.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Ok so being a newbie lvl 55 and completing all the Oricon quests/dailies, i now get the Operation quest with the speeder at the base. How do i go about doing this?

It's called either Dread Palace or Dread Fortress, i forget which and i'm not home at the moment to check. Whichever one it is, GF only shows the other one available?

I'm sure i'm missing something but all this storymode/hard mode stuff is confusing. I've only run a few of the lvl 50 flashpoints since hitting 55, mostly doing dailies or leveling up my sniper.

Is this a simple case of getting onto the GF and waiting? Plus now i have to worry about gear ratings oh god.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

raffie posted:

Ok so being a newbie lvl 55 and completing all the Oricon quests/dailies, i now get the Operation quest with the speeder at the base. How do i go about doing this?

It's called either Dread Palace or Dread Fortress, i forget which and i'm not home at the moment to check. Whichever one it is, GF only shows the other one available?

I'm sure i'm missing something but all this storymode/hard mode stuff is confusing. I've only run a few of the lvl 50 flashpoints since hitting 55, mostly doing dailies or leveling up my sniper.

Is this a simple case of getting onto the GF and waiting? Plus now i have to worry about gear ratings oh god.

We do guild runs of both Dread Fortress and Dread Palace every so often, so just wait for one of those. Don't punish yourself and run it with a GF pug.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

raffie posted:

GF is currently going to be cycling through ops on a regular basis so you won't be able to play specific ops from it at any given time. Your best bet is to join a guild or ask in General on Fleet/Oricon if you want a PUG group. Group Finder is dead anyway, moreso now that the bonuses are broken.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Only 300k into the gambling event and I scored my Rancor. Boosh!

Update: Got another Rancor and the black car. I think I'm done with this event.

JediBlutarsky fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 16, 2014

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Does anyone know what the speeder that has the flaming tailpipes at the back is called and where/how to get it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Does anyone know what the speeder that has the flaming tailpipes at the back is called and where/how to get it?

http://bit.ly/1ya09lm

:)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Ok, so after the discussion the other week about additional character slots (beyond the normal 12) I purchased a token during the sale event and applied it. Bingo! 13 slots.

So I submitted a ticket to BioWare about my problem (purchased an additional character slot token last year, used it, no extra slot was applied, etc). The CSR (Stephen) who got my ticket looked into it and sent me a new token, which I used, and ta-da - new character slot totalling 14. Woo-hoo!

Or so I thought.....

The next day I logged on, and I was back to only 13 slots again.. the new slot had disappeared!

So I sent a new ticket, referenceing the old one. Again, the CSR (Eugene) looked into it, agreed that something had gone wrong, and refunded the token.

So I just used that new token, got the little animation thingy which seemingly indicates it worked correctly. However, not trusting the system, I logged out and logged straight back in - still only 13 slots.

So,

Bug report time, or does this game just really, really hate me??

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

... but then why are you dumping millions of credits into something you don't understand?

This sentence, It reminds me so much of EVE Online.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Could I get invited to the guild? On as Xi'ern at the moment.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Is there a JC Republic-side guild?

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Is there a JC Republic-side guild?

Yes. What name and I'll jump over to Pub and try to invite now.

[Edit:] (30 mins later) or... maybe not.

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 17, 2014

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

OzCavalier posted:

Ok, so after the discussion the other week about additional character slots (beyond the normal 12) I purchased a token during the sale event and applied it. Bingo! 13 slots.

So I submitted a ticket to BioWare about my problem (purchased an additional character slot token last year, used it, no extra slot was applied, etc). The CSR (Stephen) who got my ticket looked into it and sent me a new token, which I used, and ta-da - new character slot totalling 14. Woo-hoo!

Or so I thought.....

The next day I logged on, and I was back to only 13 slots again.. the new slot had disappeared!

So I sent a new ticket, referenceing the old one. Again, the CSR (Eugene) looked into it, agreed that something had gone wrong, and refunded the token.

So I just used that new token, got the little animation thingy which seemingly indicates it worked correctly. However, not trusting the system, I logged out and logged straight back in - still only 13 slots.

So,

Bug report time, or does this game just really, really hate me??

How can you possibly need more than 13 characters? Are you just parking names? I'm guessing it's an edge-case, which probably makes it more prone to bugginess.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
There are 16 advanced classes, therefore you need 16 characters. :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So this is kind of a dumb question, but how do you exit the Kuat Drive Yards after beating the boss? I did it for the first time today and it was pretty cool but after killing some Republic Major dude I was left standing there while everyone else zoned out with like quick-travel holocom thing? Then I ran around wondering what the hell to do and just left the group and got dumped back at fleet.

Sorry I'm new to all this. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Insert name here posted:

So this is kind of a dumb question, but how do you exit the Kuat Drive Yards after beating the boss? I did it for the first time today and it was pretty cool but after killing some Republic Major dude I was left standing there while everyone else zoned out with like quick-travel holocom thing? Then I ran around wondering what the hell to do and just left the group and got dumped back at fleet.

Sorry I'm new to all this. :shobon:

On your little circle minimap thing there's a button to exit whatever instance you're in.

• Locked thread