Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

The first one for sure, the disco ball blends in too much with the other colours while the Red stands out more. Maybe try the Klingon/Discoball one but with the Klingon symbol red?

Tried a few more out based on tng chat but I still prefer the first one myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Unguided posted:

They seem to have added in NPCs that spawn in and shoot you if you drop pattern enhancers on the Risa dance floor.

Could just be one of the random npcs the enhancers summons sometimes.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Pattern enhancers will spawn npcs at random. Random fed/kdf or Phantasm.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Korgan posted:

You're all invited to TheNextGooneration and/or authorised on the wiki. Join the channel and someone will invite you to Starfleet Dental or Nerds of Prey on request.

Hey man, can I get authed on the wiki? Wiki: tindahbawx IGN: Ra'Van@tindahbawx

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

AirborneNinja posted:

Pattern enhancers will spawn npcs at random. Random fed/kdf or Phantasm.

Yeah, I tried it again and they didn't spawn. The weird thing is its name was Dance Instructor, so I was a bit confused.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Bieeardo posted:

'multiple schools to level up in' didn't just lose me, it gave me a mighty shove out the airlock.

And if it doesn't still tether you to Memory Alpha, I'll be surprised.

They should just put the crafting somewhere in your own ship's interior maps. How many times did we see Captains bent over a torpedo casing or poring over some new tech, making some technobabbly with the head Engineer in the various Trek series?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
gently caress, Reed build the first NX-01's phasers by hand.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

A couple of YouTube comments from the first Risa video (Wild Child)

Mathewprime posted:

And this is what i mean, By trolling. You seem to find it fun. I find you all a discrace to the STO community. Competition can be FUN for everyone. it is easy to get a good Powerboard for your character, you can get one in a day! Heck, less than one. And if you dont like competition? dont attend the race then. this is a Clear CLEAR example of what I mean. You make others miserable and ruin their fun in the game. It is not right. you give everyone a hard time, and should be punished for it.

Followed by:

Treavor Calkum posted:

i Agree and also if you seen their videos none of them are star trek related at all and they dont give a crap about star trek or the fanbase .and also they support the North Korean Government

Why, why do people make themselves so easy to bait?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

LordCo posted:

A couple of YouTube comments from the first Risa video (Wild Child)

Followed by:

Why, why do people make themselves so easy to bait?

DATA MINING

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mary Sue is a beautiful Reman princess.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tindahbawx posted:

Hey man, can I get authed on the wiki? Wiki: tindahbawx IGN: Ra'Van@tindahbawx

Authed and invited, have fun.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If people aren't complaining about the upcoming changes, then they're complaining about the way they're being announced.

"That's great guys, but could you come across as more like an amateur fanblogger?"

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Clearly theyre waiting until the end of the Risa event to release more info which would be like PR 101.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Made some modifications to the logo:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Preechr posted:

Made some modifications to the logo:

Beautiful. I have a new uniform to go with this glorious new logo, as well as my space AK-47 and space scimitar.

VVVVV Ahaha magnificent

Korgan fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 17, 2014

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

I'm playing around with new video editing software and came up with this for the new logo. Only 15 secs long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNqEcfjDnSQ

Edit: Klingon edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT4amtWKcA

LordCo fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 17, 2014

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

LordCo posted:

I'm playing around with new video editing software and came up with this for the new logo. Only 14 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNqEcfjDnSQ

Dukat be praised, this is perfect.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Fiddled with the Rising Disco flag a bit more:

Bonus glow text option:

Aleth fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 17, 2014

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

Railrokh and I decided to have a bit of fun with His Holiness: Xtern1ty, admiral of the fleet xtern1ty, captain of the flagship xtern1ty.

We acquired invites to the fleet, job one was to do some tactical asset reappropriation, and write "SSR" in the fleet bank using catfish sandwiches:

We then tracked him down to a starbase (of such lovely build quality, that you have to be careful not to fall through the floor:

At first he was afk, so we started poo poo-talking in his "xtern1ty" chat channel - about as subtly as a neon brick. He perservered with his ignorance for quite some time, so we kept cattle-prodding him; hoping he'd catch on and have a meltdown or something. We tried getting him to break his own rule - trying to get him to chat poo poo about filthy denalts, but that didn't really work.

quote:

[10:48] survok@sds7a: so how large is your fleet
[10:48] Quoris@shadeofflame: not as big as dentaL
[10:48] Gerhard Baasch@railrokh: Pretty tiny it looks like
[10:49] V'Rut@kylian1: starfleet dental
[10:49] V'Rut@kylian1: hmm i wonder why *rolls his eyes*
[10:50] V'Rut@kylian1: jk
[10:50] Xean@xtern1ty: It's big enough survok, whatever our membership size, we're players who mind our business and help when we can

He noticed our little disco that was going down right next to him, and ran to the transporter pad - ending up at the embassy, where we accosted him for a while. He caught on around this stage, which is just as well, considering we became progressively less subtle than we were to start with.

quote:

[10:56] Quoris@shadeofflame: What're you gonna do about that derailed thread?
[10:56] Quoris@shadeofflame: They deserve some kind of come-uppance for that stuff
[10:56] Jenny@levi3: why? why carry this on here?
[10:56] Quoris@shadeofflame: Pretty sure it's unacceptable by the TOS....
[10:56] Hawke@phxhawke: no drama here. period.
[10:57] Quoris@shadeofflame: Pretty sure it's not drama
[10:57] Gerhard Baasch@railrokh: Yeah, I mean, half the online fleet is totally not Dental thieves...I mean is totally ready for the fight against them
[10:57] Quoris@shadeofflame: I'm just trying to stick up for our fleet leader
[10:57] Hawke@phxhawke: what starts in the forums or in zone or whereever stays there. it does not get brought here.
[10:58] Jenny@levi3: This is not the chat for a flame fest
[10:58] Xean@xtern1ty: that's their problem, not mine. No more talk of forum threads here. behave yourselves Quorus & Baasch.

He "ordered" us to stop partying and stalking him - but we were determined to convey our adoration through the medium of dance:

quote:

[11:27] Xean@xtern1ty: Let me make something very clear: you cannot stalk anyone in this fleet, that includes me
[11:27] Gerhard Baasch@railrokh: Allahu akbar. Itbah al Denalt!

Our scouting of the turbo-lift area (with the safety of the glorious admiral atop our priority lists) was the beginning of the end - someone in the chat floated the idea of mutes (surely a test of our devotion?) and he beamed back to his ship shortly after.

After farting all over his Mirror Ha'feh, he muted both Railrokh and I - and kicked us when we followed him to ESD.

quote:

[11:48] Gerhard Baasch has been kicked from XTERN1TY by Xean.
[11:48] Xean has kicked you from XTERN1TY.

the going was kind of slow, but it definitely changed things. I'm hoping we get some forum raeg, granted that he didn't really have the spectacular breakdown we were aiming for.

imgur album for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/E7SNJ
Entire pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7A3VND71

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Aleth posted:

Fiddled with the Rising Disco flag a bit more:

Bonus glow text option:

Do you want me to doodle that up in Illustrator so you're not getting that aliasing?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Can do if you want, just something I was messing on with in gimp but I'm not that experienced with it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nymix posted:

imgur album for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/E7SNJ
Entire pastebin: http://pastebin.com/7A3VND71

So that's why I was preemptively muted in the Xtern1ty channel and kicked from the fleet.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Korgan posted:

Beautiful. I have a new uniform to go with this glorious new logo, as well as my space AK-47 and space scimitar.

VVVVV Ahaha magnificent

What rifle is that?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

What rifle is that?

KDF side elite fleet disruptor full auto rifle.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Looks like the saga continues....former Dental member Buschmaki has been caught red-handed GRIEFING people in STFs. Pretty sure he and his Xtern1ty cohorts are going to try to pin this all on us, per usual.

Video (or should I say slideshow) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICwq-RRMNY

Forums thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1145671

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

How up to date is the wesley new player guide? I know you can just swap between all traits freely now, but it still recommends alien to get out of using ground traits. What do aliens actually get now?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Maximum space barbage, that's what.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's obviously an impostor, I'm disappointed in this horrible slander and won't take these vile lies Xtern1ty is spreading lying down.

Tyranas
Oct 17, 2008
Hello, requesting access to the wiki. User name is Tyranas. Thanks!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
New R&D devblog is up.

quote:

Even before the attacks on Earth and Qo’noS, my teams were working on a whole new system for Research and Development. We’re going to wipe away everything that came before – everything the Undine know – and start fresh. We’ll have new technology and new options. We’ll open up R&D to captains who haven’t worked with it before and see what they can do.

I propose that we even consider sharing these advances with the Republic and the Empire, although I expect they’re both working on something similar already. We can’t be the only ones who see the only way to move is forward.

So maybe they are just going to wipe everything and all our general research skill will be for naught? :eng99:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Also good to know that once again only the feds can innovate while everyone else just copies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Atrayonis posted:

Also good to know that once again only the feds can innovate while everyone else just copies.

Oh please, Fed tech is so needlessly bloated an barely works. Feds being the US and Klingons being the Russians is really an apt description.

Fed log: "... Mission was aborted when Ensgin Fuckpipe bumped into a console. It exploded and killed 37."

Klingon log: "... then we went there and killed the gently caress out of some assholes."

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Romulan log: "...Operatives obtained KDF and Starfleet logs, nothing useful, gonna have to start our own R&D teams at this rate."

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Technical Analysis posted:

Romulan log: "...Operatives obtained KDF and Starfleet logs, nothing useful, gonna have to start our own R&D teams at this rate."

"...so Tovan suggested the team start looking into thalaron stuff and...well...we need to find a New New Romulus now."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That's pretty much how Klingon R&D works.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Is dilithium useful for anything other than buying zen?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

MizPiz posted:

All rep gear is basically purchased with dil. If you're not using any rep gear you're probably bad.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

MizPiz posted:

Lots of things, for pumping into fleets for credit, for buying certain non-rep gear, for buying rep gear, for buying crappy ships, etc.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 17, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Tyranas posted:

Hello, requesting access to the wiki. User name is Tyranas. Thanks!

You're in Mr One Post. Come join the channel. :v:

EDIT We need to thank whichever idiot it was who started the rumours that the Reddit fleets and HoBO were Dental fleets. Pubbies are taking them seriously. http://pastebin.com/r3qjgAqM

Korgan fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

You're in Mr One Post. Come join the channel. :v:

EDIT We need to thank whichever idiot it was who started the rumours that the Reddit fleets and HoBO were Dental fleets. Pubbies are taking them seriously. http://pastebin.com/r3qjgAqM

I believe that was our good friend @marquisnoir who started that along with the "Nbreeki was permabanned." He let out that Reddit, Snoo, 1st Aquarius, and Hobo were all Dental fleets. I think he listed more than 10 fleets in total affiliated with us.

• Locked thread