Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Schmeichy posted:

:buddy: yaay doggies!

That's actually only one dog, moving incredibly quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

:drat:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

i know right? that watch is MASSIVE

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's hot as balls outside

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crow Jane posted:

hold on let me get the thermometer so we can get a more precise measurement

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

catdynamite posted:

too hot out to wear pants :mrgw:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

:coffee:

Mroing threadbuddies

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Double :coffee:

I wanna look fancy today but it is a regular ol Tuesday in my small town

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Shithouse Dave posted:

Mroing threadbuddies

hi

Shithouse Dave posted:

Mroing threadbuddies

hello

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
nodbody's even posting anything

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont need no pants just like i dont need no man

i wore jeans outside today though because my phone said 70 but it was actually 85 out, and i didnt feel like going back indoors

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
ugh taking apart a kindle 4 is really ridiculous (you need a heat gun. a HEAT GUN) so im just gonna get a used one off of ebay or something

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I have an interview at a printing place for a graphic design gig and the guy who will be interviewing me seems to have a real disdain for artists. The 25 minute phone interview I had this morning was terrifying.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im glad my kindle hasnt broken yet

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Shithouse Dave posted:

Double :coffee:

I wanna look fancy today but it is a regular ol Tuesday in my small town

Dress up for fun! It's not like you care what the juggalos think.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Schmeichy posted:

Dress up for fun! It's not like you care what the juggalos think.

What's the point of owning a period accurate Civil War Confederate general's outfit if you can't wear it out every now and then?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i only wear jeans because i like jeans

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

my philosophy is to spend the least amount of time on this mortal coil wearing pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, etc.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

im glad my kindle hasnt broken yet

ive had mine for 3.5 years, not sure how the screen broke but im sure it had something to do with the dogs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

catdynamite posted:

my philosophy is to spend the least amount of time on this mortal coil wearing pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, etc.

destroy all clothes

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nessa posted:

So I have an interview at a printing place for a graphic design gig and the guy who will be interviewing me seems to have a real disdain for artists. The 25 minute phone interview I had this morning was terrifying.

haha what did he say?

had a really great day shopping for work clothes with my mom

also got some really rad dior pink eyeliner and mascara and it's so cute i love it so much

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why does spotify never loving work arghhghg

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Wearin jorts and a singlet. I looked in my closet and there's lots of great fancy things but meh, I'm just gonna be tooling around in my back yard today and maybe going to the pharmacy later

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nessa posted:

¡que verguenza!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

catdynamite posted:

Down with shirts and bras also.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
AwfulApp does not want me to quote anyone.

Nessa -- would this person be your boss? Because that sounds like it would be horrible. Congrats though?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Corn Thongs posted:

I think I could happily stroll around in a sports bra and a pair of those Thai fisherman pants forever. Maybe a hoodie if it gets cold.

I should get an offensive belly tattoo to show off

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

So this morning I sort of groggily got up and stumbled into the bathroom. After peeing, I went to feed the cats before getting in the shower. For some reason I hadn't flushed the toilet, and when I went to do so, I noticed a HUGE loving waterbug just chilling on the inside of the bowl. The thing was like three inches long, and it had been inches from my lady bits

I flushed him back from whence he came. gently caress living in the (sort of) South in the summer

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

these shoes are a lot cuter in person i love them and they were on sale

someone was asking about slouchy harem pants and these are my first pair. they're so fuckin comfy.

i can't find the rest of what i bought online abloohoohoo but it was all pretty basic work clothes attire

i am so pumped to dress up and put on makeup for a reason again

this is how they did my makeup at the dior counter + pink mascara on the edge of my eyes and i loved it so much i had to get it immediately i am a sucker for makeup counters

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Troposphere posted:

this is how they did my makeup at the dior counter + pink mascara on the edge of my eyes and i loved it so much i had to get it immediately i am a sucker for makeup counters
once I tried to do something like that with a green eyeliner and it was a horrible mess
maybe I should give it another go sometime

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Troposphere posted:

haha what did he say?

"Well, as someone who makes comics, if someone doesn't like your work, they can just walk away and those who do like your work just sit around talking about how great you are." and talking a lot about how this business is a trade, not an art.

He said it's nice to have a hobby, but doesn't want to hire someone if their heart is elsewhere (with art).

I also got asked some math questions and asked how long it would take me to do proofs for certain projects.

I really wasn't expecting math questions first thing in the morning. It was horrible.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

vaguely posted:

once I tried to do something like that with a green eyeliner and it was a horrible mess
maybe I should give it another go sometime

yeah we'll see if i'm able to do it myself. i think putting the pink on and then the black would be the best way to go about it

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Yes! There is a party the weekend after next. I can dress up for a party! And a comedy show on Sunday! I will wear a makeup and do my hair.

This should'nt be as exciting as it is, but it is totally exciting

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I bought a dress but it was extremely normal and boring and not worth posting.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Nessa posted:

"Well, as someone who makes comics, if someone doesn't like your work, they can just walk away and those who do like your work just sit around talking about how great you are." and talking a lot about how this business is a trade, not an art.

He said it's nice to have a hobby, but doesn't want to hire someone if their heart is elsewhere (with art).

I also got asked some math questions and asked how long it would take me to do proofs for certain projects.

I really wasn't expecting math questions first thing in the morning. It was horrible.

No future boss, of course my heart is 100% dedicated to your client's shop'n'save coupon flyer! Those eye catching super savings are my life's work.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nessa posted:

yeah that sounds really dumb for a graphic design company. graphic design is an art, just like any other. the best graphic designers are passionate about what they do as an artform.

oh also i got this coverall dress which has actual pockets which blew my mind

i'm so excited, for clothes

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
they also had these really badass flats that had like, scales on them?? really sculpted scales, like a dragon as a shoe. i really wanted them but my feet are too narrow and slip out of shoes if they don't have straps :( so sad

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
If I die in a tornado tonight, I just want you all to know that you're p. cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Of course graphic design can be an art, and oftentimes I prefer it to "fine art". But if it's a print shop just making signs and banners and the like, it kind of is more important that you can get things done quickly, cleanly and to spec

• Locked thread