Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schmeichy posted:

Lol, dating has gotten even more ridiculous.

frankly id be more impressed by someone who doesnt use spotify because im an idiot for still using i think

it just decides "lol you dont have a connection" *everything else works*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i only date people who have dated dated dates

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Pick posted:

My advice is to get a job.

Yeah. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a job that isn't necessarily your "passion". Following your dreams is great and all, but so is having health care, food, and a roof over your head.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a job that isn't necessarily your "passion". Following your dreams is great and all, but so is having health care, food, and a roof over your head.

yes, but have you considered opening a yarn store?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Afraid of Audio posted:

i only date people who have dated dated dates

date dated dates date dated dates

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

yes, but have you considered opening a yarn store?

A friend and I were seriously talking about opening a vintage clothing shop/gallery space at one point. I am so, so glad we didn't go through with it.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
wtf my cursor on my laptop is going crazy and I don't know how to fix it :(

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crow Jane posted:

A friend and I were seriously talking about opening a vintage clothing shop/gallery space at one point. I am so, so glad we didn't go through with it.

you hosed up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
while we're talking about graphic design careers, does anyone here work in an agency? my boss told me i'd be more suited to the freelance lifestyle because i'm self-motivated and good with money (lol) and that i probably wouldn't like agency work because i'd get tossed around from project to project instead of being allowed to concentrate on one thing at a time, but i think agency work would be so much more reliable and i could learn to cope with it idk

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
nevermind i just kept hitting my trackpad with my fists until it worked again problem solved

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I wonder how old the idiot who made this is?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Crow Jane posted:

ahh i hope i didn't come across as saying that, i'm just saying that i've heard and seen a lot of artists become really unhappy and quit art altogether because they had art related jobs that were lovely

which is why my goal is to have a completely unrelated job and work on art on the side. which is what most illustrators do anyways.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Troposphere posted:

wtf my cursor on my laptop is going crazy and I don't know how to fix it :(

Is it a MacBook Pro? I know only one (1) fact about malfunctioning laptop trackpads, which is that as the MacBook Pro battery ages, it can swell up and press against the trackpad from the inside, which in addition to being annoying, means that you should replace your battery before it breaks.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crow Jane posted:

literally a teenager

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Crow Jane posted:

p sure she's 19

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Is it a MacBook Pro? I know only one (1) fact about malfunctioning laptop trackpads, which is that as the MacBook Pro battery ages, it can swell up and press against the trackpad from the inside, which in addition to being annoying, means that you should replace your battery before it breaks.

sshiit i guess i'll take it down to the mac store and see what they say, i'm pretty sure i still have applecare. my trackpad has been really weird lately.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

b-but you see only she is smart enough to have figured out "do stuff you like"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you can make money doing anything

just do it when you're not working a real job

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
http://artbymoga.tumblr.com/

yeah here she is

draw. pray. love.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

you can make money doing anything

just do it when you're not working a real job

what are you a sheep?

Troposphere posted:

yeah here she is

draw. pray. love.

still less insufferable than zen pencils

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Hahaha worthless sheets of paper.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I doubt I have that many more years of "free time" at all before family and poo poo takes that over, so better get that adventure done before i completely die inside

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

what are you a sheep?

still less insufferable than zen pencils

What is zen pencils

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

detectivemonkey posted:

Hahaha worthless sheets of paper.

money is useless please give me money

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

what the gently caress is wrong with your foot

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Meis posted:

I second Tropo's advice- don't get locked into a job you hate. Good luck though, maybe it'll turn out to be good!

Thanks, Meis!

Troposphere posted:

ahh i hope i didn't come across as saying that, i'm just saying that i've heard and seen a lot of artists become really unhappy and quit art altogether because they had art related jobs that were lovely

which is why my goal is to have a completely unrelated job and work on art on the side. which is what most illustrators do anyways.

I wouldn't mind an unrelated job that I enjoy. My favourite part of my retail job is organizing the TV shelves but I don't think I could find an office job that would require me making shelves look pretty.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Troposphere posted:

stick to your day job kid

oh wait you have no job

get a day job kid

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
http://officialmoga.tumblr.com/

wait here is where all her comics are and they're all terrible

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Troposphere posted:

Oh her ankle broke the last time she danced on slippery asphalt in the rain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hate people with no talent who achieve their dreams through luck

hate them so much

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Troposphere posted:

yeah here she is

draw. pray. love.

Detumblrfy the Forums, murder all teenagers, Destroy all safe spaces, kill yourselves.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pick posted:

hate them so much

yeah luck is my dump stat in the dnd game of life

get it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
On the other hand, there are people earning a living by swearing at video games on the internet.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Detumblrfy the Forums, murder all teenagers, Destroy all safe spaces, kill yourselves.

you first

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

boom boom boom posted:

On the other hand, there are people earning a living by swearing at video games on the internet.

far less the number of people trying to do that

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

hate them so much

there's this girl who was in my illustration class that was miserable the entire time there because they didn't just let her draw horses and animals all the time, and now she dropped out and is somehow getting a bunch of children's book deals (though they are all self published small things) and some small community college art show ribbons (which she had framed lol) and all of her facebook statuses are about how she's totally showing everyone from our school how awesome she is and all those people were HATERS and LOOK HOW AMAZING I AM

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

there's this girl who was in my illustration class that was miserable the entire time there because they didn't just let her draw horses and animals all the time, and now she dropped out and is somehow getting a bunch of children's book deals (though they are all self published small things) and some small community college art show ribbons (which she had framed lol) and all of her facebook statuses are about how she's totally showing everyone from our school how awesome she is and all those people were HATERS and LOOK HOW AMAZING I AM

she's doing better than i am

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Troposphere posted:

is she into centaurs y/n

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I'm already dead inside at least

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Spanish Manlove posted:

finish the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm dead on the outside tbh

• Locked thread