Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

poo poo is funny, yo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006

Doctor Bishop posted:

How that thread ended up not being goldmined, I'll never understand.

Got to be a lot of bickering and in-fighiting near the end of the thread and the artists just lost steam and interest. The two best things to come of that thread. Tribute to Sean:

Mjaulm posted:

And the E/N fighting game "Drama Sweep":
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3503354

Which lost steam when Mjaulm screwed up her hand.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Are you guys sure there's no more Steve Lichman out there? They're amazing.

So they're a couple of unfathomable horrors, a lich and an antediluvian vampire, purportedly the pinnacle of evil potency but now ekeing out a pathetic existence brought on by terminal boredom, ethicosis and unchecked teen humpery, to the point of being bullied by a loving 3 hit dice minotaur. And still I get the feeling the comic isn't even about any of that, but something completely different. Existentialism? Character development? Human relations? It's genius. I can't predict even one speach bubble ahead where it's gonna go. I love it.

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

So they're a couple of unfathomable horrors, a lich and an antediluvian vampire, purportedly the pinnacle of evil potency but now ekeing out a pathetic existence brought on by terminal boredom, ethicosis and unchecked teen humpery, to the point of being bullied by a loving 3 hit dice minotaur. And still I get the feeling the comic isn't even about any of that, but something completely different. Existentialism? Character development? Human relations? It's genius. I can't predict even one speach bubble ahead where it's gonna go. I love it.

You sure did describe the comic. Good job kid.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karate Bastard posted:

None yet and they're by Dave Rapoza who tends to start a bunch of projects and then skip around to other stuff so who knows.
People probably know him best for his TMNT art:

He's got a few other webcomicky things but none of them lasted that long:

StarVeil, a Moebius-like space opera

Tough Cat

http://daverapoza.tumblr.com/tagged/toughcat

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

Werner-Boogle posted:

In his defense, it was a really great description.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bahaaha I'm gonna make one of these and put it in my office. I'll be rich, rich!!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Karate Bastard posted:

What a terrible loving post.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Skrill.exe posted:

What a terrible loving post.

Don't sign your posts.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Man if I ran Billy the Pig - Bar & Grill and the thing everyone recommended were my cupcakes I'd have to sit down and have a think.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know you're supposed to read the girlfriend as a vapid hypocrite, but I can only read it as him saying absolutely nothing to her during the entire date. Just sits there, staring at her, not saying a word until he gets home and then beelines for the xobox, having endured his girlfriend for hours.

I bet it's a lot more honest than the author intended!

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Jun 18, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

I know you're supposed to read the girlfriend as a vapid hypocrite, but I can only read it as him saying absolutely nothing to her during the entire date. Just sits there, staring at her, not saying a word until he gets home and then belines for the xobox.

I bet it's a lot more honest than the author intended!

I know I said in this very thread that one shouldn't conflate the comicist and the comic but drat if it doesn't come across as ol' Pablo thinking a girl being at a bar with two dudes is somehow slutty.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

AdorableStar posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Lol.

I liked the description even if it was a little overwrought. Steve Lichman rules

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That's precisely why I constantly pick both nostrils while farting every time I'm in public. Anyone who thinks less of me for those actions is the type of person I don't want to know.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Chard posted:

That's precisely why I constantly pick both nostrils while farting every time I'm in public. Anyone who thinks less of me for those actions is the type of person I don't want to know.

You should try deep soda burping while you do it. It's the closest mankind will come to having a true mating call.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

That guy is me at the Gas station I work at, but the people come back...

Why do you come back people, the air of that gas station is literally 30% fart.

I. . . I ruined a radiator with my farts, it had to be removed cause it "smelled funny," and not "haha funny."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For urban dwellers: Drop rear end in the middle of the street when crossing at the crosswalk and cropdust everyone going the other way.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I liked the description even if it was a little overwrought. Steve Lichman rules

Yeah, I tend to overwring. Welp.

But thanks for the links to his other works! (even though I'd hoped for another bucket of Lichman.)

Here, have a WulffMorgenthaler:

e: vvvvvv huh, you're right, doesn't work for me neither. I thought nothing of it at first, because attachments usually take some time before they appear around here. Welpx2. Have a imgur instead. xoxo sunshine :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jun 19, 2014

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Werner-Boogle posted:

But what tropes does it have?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The attachment didn't load for me, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it was hideous and painfully unfunny, because that describes every single WuMo strip ever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I think this is the plot to Superman vs. Batman.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

This is stupid because if it were real he'd have felt it a lot sooner than turning around and seeing it, so he would know it wasn't :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

This is stupid because if it were real he'd have felt it a lot sooner than turning around and seeing it, so he would know it wasn't :colbert:

If I tapped you on the shoulder and held up a piece of fake poo, do you think you'd remain calm because in that moment you'd realize if it were actual poo you'd have smelled it already?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:colbert: He would have pretended to fall for it to make Hal feel better.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Jerry Cotton posted:

If I tapped you on the shoulder and held up a piece of fake poo, do you think you'd remain calm because in that moment you'd realize if it were actual poo you'd have smelled it already?

Well I don't have superhuman abilities, so

(also poop doesn't cripple me when it's in near proximity, thankfully)

Slim Killington has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Jun 22, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slim Killington posted:

Well I don't have superhuman abilities, so

Ah the superpower of "not being able to be surprised".

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

(also poop doesn't cripple me when it's in near proximity, thankfully)

I'd like to introduce you to a Taco Bell burrito dinner.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I think we're all forgetting one important thing about Superman.

Superman does whatever the hell the loving writer wants him to do, which means he has the most nonsensical relationship with consistency.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

umalt posted:

I think we're all forgetting one important thing about Superman.

Superman does whatever the hell the loving writer wants him to do, which means he has the most nonsensical relationship with consistency.

Don't all fictional comic book characters do what their writers want?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ah the superpower of "not being able to be surprised".

More the super power "sense [pick one] is incredibly powerful because Superman"

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
He had to be rebooted in the early eighties because the list of superman's powers were as long as your arm and a great deal of them were very silly.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

He had to be rebooted in the early eighties because the list of superman's powers were as long as your arm and a great deal of them were very silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

This gets mentioned a lot, but it's just taking his usual super-speed and giving a new name to it. The really wacky Superman powers are when he gets super-hypnosis or something out of nowhere, unrelated to anything else he does.

• Locked thread