Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Personally, among their non-cap troops I either want the top-level armor/sword giants or the javelin throwers.

Or if you've got a bless for the Niefels, drop it into the Skrattir (Shroud) and Jotun Jarls and just use them as thug squads, maybe with bodyguards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Neruz posted:

Or the mod where all the sound effects are replaced by someone making similar sounds with their mouth.

Are we both thinking of this thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPogONWFTfU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ynglaur posted:

What's a good battle magic setup for early Jotunheim? I'm just doing a SP game with the usual row of blessed Niefel Giants, but I want my Gygjas to be used in battle at some point. (I think.)

Gygjas really aren't battlemages. They're your premier researchers and are great for rituals and forging but you don't really get enough of them with high enough paths to really work in combat, especially early on. Eventually you can use them for nature buffs, death thingies and communions but they really need to stay in the lab as much as possible.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

On turn 21 when you recruit your first mage begin to research Alteration for your 10 Jarls to buff with.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Neruz posted:

Or the mod where all the sound effects are replaced by someone making similar sounds with their mouth.

Really tempted to try to figure out how to mod dom now.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Decrepus posted:

On turn 21 when you recruit your first mage begin to research Alteration for your 10 Jarls to buff with.

Probably part of my problem: I was alternating between Niefel Jarls and 2 x Gygjas. I'm on 300% gold, 300% resources, and slowest possible research: I think I should have just gone all armies for the first few years.

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Probably part of my problem: I was alternating between Niefel Jarls and 2 x Gygjas. I'm on 300% gold, 300% resources, and slowest possible research: I think I should have just gone all armies for the first few years.

If you're gonna play SP games with super weird settings there's unfortunately not much (non-sarcastic) advice we can give you.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

That's some weird as poo poo settings. I suppose you wanted huge armies battling out without pesky mages messing the battle?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Something like that. Or, rather: I wanted a difference in investment in research to matter more than a handful of turns. I'm also playing on that massive map with 19 AIs. For whatever reason, I enjoy games with a large scale. I'm that guy who bitched about Total Annihilation's unit limit back in 1996.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Uh, how can I stop rain from making my fire guys and fire magic less effective? I'm in a war with Helheim and they keep casting rain to deal with my Burning Ones.

Still winning most fights, just taking longer and with more losses.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 20, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Chas McGill posted:

Uh, how can I stop rain from making my fire guys and fire magic less effective? I'm in a war with Helheim and they keep casting rain to deal with my Burning Ones.

Still winning most fights, just taking longer and with more losses.

You can't, welcome to why Fire sucks.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

Are you using the pro niefel strat.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Neruz posted:

You can't, welcome to why Fire sucks.

Abysia :negative: why do you have to be one of the worst nations

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
OK so that "final version" of De Dana was kind of not very good, here's an updated "test version" (yes you too can be like a Linux guy or similarly cool chap) you might like more - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddn0dvly9vplmyu/LA_De_Dana_1_1.zip

See what changes you like, see what you don't like, get back to me, because I want to do LA Fir Bolg Guys right, since it's a nation that deserves to exist and not be half-arsed thus tainting the whole idea.

Also here's your Rain (and thus significant Abysia/Marignon) fix. Changes it to Evo 7.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

jBrereton posted:

Are you using the pro niefel strat.

No idea. Link? I'm using Niefel Giants blessed with regen and reinvigorate.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

jBrereton posted:

OK so that "final version" of De Dana was kind of not very good, here's an updated "test version" (yes you too can be like a Linux guy or similarly cool chap) you might like more - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddn0dvly9vplmyu/LA_De_Dana_1_1.zip

See what changes you like, see what you don't like, get back to me, because I want to do LA Fir Bolg Guys right, since it's a nation that deserves to exist and not be half-arsed thus tainting the whole idea.

Also here's your Rain (and thus significant Abysia/Marignon) fix. Changes it to Evo 7.

Just wanna say that I'm glad you're doing this. It really is a shame that the Fir Bolgs just vanish after the Middle Era, and you do a good job of making De Dana a logical continuation of earlier nations with things like the undead Fomorians and captive Bean Sidhe.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

No idea. Link? I'm using Niefel Giants blessed with regen and reinvigorate.
I was being a bit sarcastic, it was an old Dominions 3 "strategy" posted on Shrapnel Games' forum roughly a million years ago now:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=31148

Highlight is: "I then do absolutely nothing for the first 10-20 turns and save up my gold until I have at least 4,000 on hand."

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

jBrereton posted:

The 'Rain' effect is caused by more than just the rain spell; I'm pretty sure Storm does it as well as stuff like Acid Rain. That is the true core of why Fire is bad; if Rain was the only spell that caused the 'Rain' effect that doubles fire spell fatigue cost it wouldn't be such an issue, but multiple spells cause that effect.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

The 'Rain' effect is caused by more than just the rain spell; I'm pretty sure Storm does it as well as stuff like Acid Rain. That is the true core of why Fire is bad; if Rain was the only spell that caused the 'Rain' effect that doubles fire spell fatigue cost it wouldn't be such an issue, but multiple spells cause that effect.
Just tested this, Storm doesn't cause the Rain effect, Acid Storm also doesn't.

Here's my methodology if you want to criticise it:

Turn on the Debug Mod.
Send a pretender with the paths to cast these things up against an Anathamant Salamander casting Flame Bolt (22 Fatigue a go in neutral conditions) on the defensive.
Watch their fatigue.

Turn 1 - Flame Bolt gets cast, 22 fatigue / Storm goes up
Turn 2 - Flame Bolt gets cast, 44 fatigue / Acid Storm gets cast (caster shagged out from so much casting)
Turn 3 - Flame Bolt gets cast, 66 fatigue
Turn 4 - Flame Bolt gets cast, 88 fatigue
Turn 5 - Flame Bolt gets cast, 110 fatigue

So no, Storm and Acid Storm do not cause the Rain effect, unless I really screwed up somewhere.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

jBrereton posted:

Just tested this, Storm doesn't cause the Rain effect, Acid Storm also doesn't.

Huh really? I was sure Storm did at least. Wellp.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
gently caress, man. It's been a few years since I last played Dom3 and now stepping into the new stuff, trying to remember the old, feels like I'm drowning in it. I used to stomp players even worse than me with bless Niefelheim (which I knew wasn't all that great of a strat, just easy) and undead Ermor, who reading through the thread are just as loved as ever. Thanks for the comprehensive OP, I'll dig up a few nation guides/LPs and treat them like tutorials to some vs AI games. Starting with EA Mictlan, I think I used to like them :w00t:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 21, 2014

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Spoke about this on IRC a bit, I've got an ongoing project to make the underwater nations much more relevant. How do you make the underwater nations more relevant? You make sure they can recruit units on land, and not just at the coasts. Proper amounts of recruits, national flavour in all your forts. Only way to ensure that is to make them land nations, albeit land nations which have a significant bias towards starting by the sea (because although there are underwater-recruit commands for land nations, there are no land-recruit commands for UW nations outside of the special terrain-specific recruitment commands, and coastline forts).

There are certain constraints with this I'm fighting, they are:

a) you can get a maximum (in-built, coded maximum) of five kinds of national units and commanders under the sea without creative workarounds that no doubt exist somewhere but which I haven't caught onto yet. You also get another 3 coastal recruitment slots, to make an UW/Coastal/Inland split of the nation's units and commanders.

b) none of the UW nations have many gods. When you take them out of the sea they have even fewer. Do I make things like the Void Lurker amphibious, or give them more normal gods now they're normal-er nations?

c) probably C at some point.

Any ideas about b), in particular?

PS: If you're wondering about the status of this, I've got EA Atlantis and R'lyeh done so far, which has meant making Mind Lords and Gibodai amphibious, but I've kept Aboleths, Polypal Mothers and so on underwater-only, with Slave Mages/Priests on the surface - the aim of the mod isn't to gently caress off UW nations being A Thing, just to make them interact with land nations and the new Throne conditions much more evenly.

e: oh yeah also I don't know what to call it, since "Underwater-related Mod" already has about 9 permutations.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 22, 2014

Big Sean
Jan 18, 2010

Big Sean posted:

Am I the only one that things the black bow of botulf is a little too strong? Shouldn't it do feeblemind on damage rather than on hit?

2014-06-20 14:40:03 +0200
Ragha descriptions
Jahi summons
Fix for slow rec with limited resources
Some magic bows got 1 increase in damage
Black bow of Botulf now affects on damage

Emboldened, I am now going to go complain about bloodhunting micro on Desura...

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

quote:

Fix for slow rec with limited resources

ehhhhhhhh?

FnF
Apr 10, 2008

Big Sean posted:

As I've now discovered that Blood Sacrifice will automatically refill your priest with enough slaves to sacrifice with (which in itself was quite a remarkable discovery I'll tell you!) I can think of two more quality-of-life improvements to blood-saccing :

1) Have a "pool" button on the gem income screen which pools all slaves from all commanders except those set to blood-sac (even with the existance of the Z command, this'd still be nice).

2) Be able to set a priest to blood-sac without them currently having any slaves - if they're in a province with a lab, and there are sufficient/any slaves in the bank, they'll be automatically put on the priest.

2a) Give blood-sac a keyboard shortcut!

Fake edit (not blood-specific) :

3) Make a "Refill commander" command that will refill the commander's gem stocks according to their battle scripting, and/or have a togglable "Automatically refill commander" switch somewhere.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I'm guessing it will do something different if you recruit an StR unit in a province without enough resources to pay for it?

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Just a friendly to reminder to everyone that if you find an ancient crypt underwater, don't bother opening it.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Smerdyakov posted:

Just a friendly to reminder to everyone that if you find an ancient crypt underwater, don't bother opening it.

Did he die? That's a pity :< One of the possible outcomes of that event is +1D and +1S paths to the mage. If the book is still there you can probably send a dude to try again.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Big Sean posted:

I always compared the blood micro with having little tax collectors in the game that go to every province and give little sacks of gold to couriers that travel to the nearest castle. In other words, totally stupid. What province to blood hunt is an interesting choice, but having to transfer and transport the slaves by hand is silly, it could been fully abstracted.

edit:

2014-06-21 20:25:34 +0200
Azi got his third head
Ahurani summon
All descriptions for Ragha finished
Air Bless gives range bonus
Range bug fix
AI can now upgrade forts
Spell AI less likely to target immobilized units
Gelatinous Cube now got an Acid Splash defensive ability
Swallow on trample no longer swallows those who evade the trample
Event bug fixes
Slave Markets and some other sites are less common

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

FnF posted:

As I've now discovered that Blood Sacrifice will automatically refill your priest with enough slaves to sacrifice with (which in itself was quite a remarkable discovery I'll tell you!) I can think of two more quality-of-life improvements to blood-saccing :

1) Have a "pool" button on the gem income screen which pools all slaves from all commanders except those set to blood-sac (even with the existance of the Z command, this'd still be nice).

2) Be able to set a priest to blood-sac without them currently having any slaves - if they're in a province with a lab, and there are sufficient/any slaves in the bank, they'll be automatically put on the priest.

2a) Give blood-sac a keyboard shortcut!

Fake edit (not blood-specific) :

3) Make a "Refill commander" command that will refill the commander's gem stocks according to their battle scripting, and/or have a togglable "Automatically refill commander" switch somewhere.

While we're at it, put a button on the gem transfer screen to move all slaves from one commander to another, so I don't have to click 30 times every time.

Big Sean
Jan 18, 2010

Eschatos posted:

While we're at it, put a button on the gem transfer screen to move all slaves from one commander to another, so I don't have to click 30 times every time.

My suggestion is a hotkey that moves all slaves to the currently selected commander (starting from the commander with the fewest slaves). It's the needed complement to shift-z and has no balance or gameplay changes. Anyone who likes the idea feel free to go over to Desura and support it... One of the developers (KO) already said he liked the idea but probably needs some additional voices to actually get it done.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
EA segment of the underwater into amphibious mod now done. Works very well for me in terms of not crashing and such, you might enjoy it as a way to spice up EA games.

Here you go.

Includes kinda questionable landshape targas/bmps for Pelagia's Pearl Kings and Pearl Guard - if you can make them even 1% better, go ahead, post them up, and I'll use them instead (we're talking slightly janky here, btw, not totally wretched). Pearl Kings will domsummon Hippocampuses underwater, but not on land.

Made sure to get all of the recruitment right in terms of landshapes/watershapes, as far as possible (Pelagia recruits water-shaped Mermages who then turn into landshaped mages immediately, their landshape is a -1 path mage everywhere by itself without modding yet another unit).

Also slightly changed Pelagia's capital site to allow recruitment of Berytian Archers and Swordsmen there, just to fill out their capital a bit more (other UW factions, especially Atlantis and Oceania, get a decent unit roster on land, Pelagia's is Net Guys, plus Turtle Warriors, and now Berytian Spearmen in all land forts, not just coastal sites - with indies it looks less anaemic, but 3 units in the capital was just too lame).

Unit roster as follows:

quote:

Atlantian Units:

LAND: Atlantian Spearman, Reef Dweller, Shambler, War Shambler and Coral Guard, plus Living Pillars in the capital.
COAST EXTRAS: Deep One Shambler and Deep One without Basalt Spears.
UNDERWATER: Deep Ones and Deep One Shamblers with and without Spears, and Coral Guard.

Atlantian Commanders:

LAND: Scout, Coral Priest, Shambler Chief, Coral Commader, Mage of the Deep, Basalt King/Queen in the capital.
COAST EXTRAS: Mother of the Deep.
UNDERWATER: Scout, Coral Priest, Mother of the Deep, Coral Commander, Mage of the Deep.

R'lyeh Units:

LAND: Merman Slaves, Atlantian Slaves, Lobo Guards, plus Gibodai in Capital
COAST EXTRAS: Shambler Thralls.
UNDERWATER: Triton Slaves, Lobo Guards, Shambler Thralls, Giboleths.

R'lyeh Commanders:

LAND: Scout, Slave Prince, Slave Priest, Slave Mage, plus Mind Lord in capital.
COAST EXTRAS: None.
UNDERWATER: Scout, Slave Prince, Polypal Mother, Slave Mage, Aboleth.

Pelagian Units:

LAND: Merman Net Thrower, Turtle Warrior, Berytian Spearman, plus Berytian Archer, Berytian Swordsman, and Pearl Guard in capital.
UNDERWATER: Merman Net Thrower, Pelagian Militia (spear-type), Shark Tribe Triton, Triton Riders.

Pelagian Commanders:

LAND: Merman Scout, Turtle Chief, Merman Priest, Mermage, Pearl King in capital.
UNDERWATER: Merman Scout, Pelagian Captain, Pearl Clan Priest, Pearl Clan Mage, Mermage.

Oceanian Units:

LAND: Fur/Shield Ichtysatyrs, Ichthysatyr Warriors, Ichtytaurs, Ichtycentaur Warriors, Aphroi in capital.
UNDERWATER: As Land (hurray/boo for small recruitment pool factions).

Oceanian Commanders:

LAND: Ichtysatyr Scout, Ichtysatyr Commander, Ichtycentaur Commander, Aphroi Heirophant, Capricorn, Aphroi Lord in capital.
COAST EXTRAS: Siren.
UNDERWATER: Ichtysatyr Scout, Ichtysatyr Commander, Aphroi Heirophant, Bishop Fish, Capricorn.

Will probably end up doing MA and LA over the next week, although I've got a bit of work on and am generally Doing Things so we'll see.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Headtrauma has finally come to an end at turn 71 and the mighty nation of LA Abysia is victorious! Now I know everyone knows Abysia is the best nation but here's how I did it if you are interested and enjoy lots and lots of :words: Note that this game used DAD which mods BoT to 7 and AC to 9 along with a few other balancey things.

First thing's first, here's my god. He had a lot to do with it.

before

and after

Obviously with a god like that, my plan involved researching things. Mostly, I wanted conj3, and ench4 as fast as I could possibly get it for flaming arrows so I could transition off of my terrible national troops immediately. This strategy naturally required that I not get rushed and murdered in the first year, which is always a possibility as Abysia.

As luck would have it, I managed to negotiate peace with basically everyone around me mostly by trying to appear nonthreatening. And boy were there people around me! Jomon to the north, Man to the northeast, Midgard east, Mictlan south, Marignon southwest, Bogarus west and Agartha to the north. I was kind of smack in the middle of everything so I bordered everyone except Ulm, Lemuria and R'lyeh. Regardless, I still managed to eek out my 15 provinces in year 1 with my warbred and their crossbow/lance catching spearman screens. I also started a fort in a forest 2 provinces northwest of my cap which had 4res archers that I could use for flaming arrows. More importantly, I managed to find a single indy mage option within 1 turn walking distance to my cap. Druids were to be had to my east and I immediately temple/labbed it up and set them on a monthly recruit. Each one was immediately moved to my cap and set to research.

I needed them in my cap so when my god awoke, they would get his inspiring researcher bonus on top of magic2 which upgrades the kind of lovely 7rp druid to a respectable 11rp. I also built all of my early forts within 1 turn's movement of my cap so any mages built there could also move in for the rp bonus. This combined with a monthly warlock recruitment catapulted me into the research lead. I managed to get flaming arrows online early in year 2 (started const research to get SDRs) and also got a decent pile of about 200 archers ready to go. Now, seeing as I am playing Abysia I knew better than to just go attack someone as that would probably result in me getting destroyed. As such, I started a joint war with fellow badnation Man against Midgard, hoping to kill him quickly before he could leverage tstrike too strongly. However Midgard already had tstrike online and I watched as he obliterated a man stack with it. At this point, Mictlan had also agreed to join the war against Midgard and I managed to quietly peace out with a decent portion of my lovely army intact. All of that effort and I got basically nothing :v:

Meanwhile in the west, Lemuria was embroiled in a war against Bogarus, which wasn't going well for him. As Abysia, having Lemuria killed before they can burden of time is extremely desirable. So when Mari stabbed Bogarus in the back, I offered to stab Mari in the back in turn. However the bulk of my MM1 army was in the east and Mari was in the west so it would take 6 turns before I could really do anything but raid (badly) and be annoying. By the time my march of shame ended and my awful army was on Mari's border, I was up to const4 and blood6 with a decently established blood economy. I had also dropped in a bunch of assassins, some of which had lifelong protections equipped and 4 disease demon casters ready. My alpha strike basically decapitated the leadership of every single army that I could find. I had also seeded assassins on my borders to the east to act as my defensive force in the event that I was attacked there.

Sadly enough, even without leadership my shittastic army would take horrendous casualties in the process of trying to actually *kill* these stacks so I simply moved by, took his land and sieged his forts. Slowly. Very very slowly. It took me probably 30 turns to finally absorb the last of Mari's forts as I really didn't want to spend more gold on chaff that could be spent on mages. Seeing as he was sieged with no commanders except for his god I didn't feel like I needed to rush. I also managed to grab some of Midgard's poo poo with my smaller eastern armies as Mictlan killed him and drove him to AI.

At this point, I just sat there quietly absorbing small pieces of dying neighbors while they fought each other. My armies were always small and lovely looking piles of archers in random flavors with spear chaff. However they were always heralded by waves of assassinations and if necessary warlocks were used to set army destroying traps (blood letting spam, call horror spam and retreat etc). Upon reaching Blood 8 I immediately blood vortexed my capital since I had been to slow in taking Mari and didn't want to wait to drop it :v:. Shortly thereafter I ended up buying 100 nature gems from a dying Man (since my druids found *0* N sites) to bootstrap with in exchange for a half dozen send horror casts at his capital (also his last fort) in an effort to dislodge his Jomonese siegers. This worked hilariously. The horrors routed everything into all of the neighboring provinces and killed the arrow fend caster. Then Agartha stabbed Jomon in the back, allowing Man to slowly retake all of his taken forts and rebuild yet again. Around this time, I found a blood discount site (15) and relocated a sizable warlock contingent in preparation for what was coming.

Mictlan also started a war with Rlyeh about this point and I offered more Horror Sending support to disperse poo poo and blow up temples (which were also pushing on my Marignon holdings) while I slowly progressed towards blood 9 and started empowering my god in blood. Also since I had been expecting BoT to come up many turns ago I had put boots of youth on all important warlocks in preparation.

I hit blood 9 a little before Lemuria finally crushed Bogarus and pulled out some devils with infernal forces for my thug devils to lead (I had been using imps lead by mound kings to patrol in some places. The devil commanders I would then take and gear as thugs). With Lemuria loose I didn't have anymore time to wait so I dropped a 500 slave Astral corruption and got straight to spamming doom horrors at him while I took Bogarus' throne. He dropped Foul Air and BoT in turn. At this point, I had full scout coverage and noticed that there were just enough unforted thrones remaining for me to get a throne victory. A 2 pointer with annoying spring hawk fuckers and a titan that hadn't been cleared yet, a 1 pointer in AI Jomon's lands, and another in Man's. In my previous nibblings I had been careful to try and grab thrones before others could. One from Mari, one from Midgard. Now this would carry me to victory. I proceeded to rapidly take, claim and fort (3 red seconds) one after the other before anyone else really had time to do anything about it and that was that.

Graphs:

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 23, 2014

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
:siren: EVERYBODY GET ON STEAM AND VOTE FOR THE CORRECT BUNDLE :siren:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Smerdyakov posted:

GLOBAL WARMING'S A BITCH

Nuclearmonkee posted:

As such, I started a joint war with fellow badnation Man against Midgard, hoping to kill him quickly before he could leverage tstrike too strongly. However Midgard already had tstrike online and I watched as he obliterated a man stack with it. At this point, Mictlan had also agreed to join the war against Midgard and I managed to quietly peace out with a decent portion of my lovely army intact. All of that effort and I got basically nothing :v:

Shortly thereafter I ended up buying 100 nature gems from a dying Man (since my druids found *0* N sites) to bootstrap with in exchange for a half dozen send horror casts at his capital (also his last fort) in an effort to dislodge his Jomonese siegers. This worked hilariously. The horrors routed everything into all of the neighboring provinces and killed the arrow fend caster. Then Agartha stabbed Jomon in the back, allowing Man to slowly retake all of his taken forts and rebuild yet again.

It's not a lie to say that without Nuclear's help I'd have been out of the game when Jomon started coming at me. Luckily the send horrors managed to dislodge them from my cap so I could have income again, and then after Agartha backstabbed them the AI was dumb enough I managed to hold on and force them back. I don't think at any point I ever owned more than 10 provinces the entire game, but I still survived to the end. :downs:

Defenders are loving awesome troops until your foes get army wide arrow fend online. Or can spam t-bolts. They held off SUPERIOR HANZO STEEL for like 5-6 assaults where they were outnumbered to one degree or another, along with minor PD. Then once arrow fend came online they folded like chumps because the guys reaching them suddenly weren't full of wounds.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
New patch is out.

StR is gubbed, expect a replacement. LA Ragha is in. It's crazy strong, and its pretenders are really good. Caelum got huge buffs everywhere.

This is a guy:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:siren: EVERYBODY GET ON STEAM AND VOTE FOR THE CORRECT BUNDLE :siren:

I am so, so pissed that this lost.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

This patch is loving terrible

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

garth ferengi posted:

This patch is loving terrible

mlyp

what's wrong with it beyond this slow to recruit bug or w/e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ragha is ridiculous. As in "possibly more broken than Mictlan" ridiculous.

Better fire mages than Abysia. This is recruit anywhere.

Better air mages than Caelum. This is also recruit anywhere.

You see that 3 headed dragon pretender above my post? Who cares when you can have an invul 15 awe 5 ethereal pretender for 50 points that doesn't have chaos power 2? The Virtue is nothing compared to this poo poo and costs 100 points more.

Don't want to spend even that much on your pretender chasis? Take this one instead, which costs 0 points and gives up the ethereal in exchange for 2d6 water elementals at the start of the fight.

Customatory high end summon; conj8 D4F2 60 death gems, but goddamn look at what you get.

They also have an A1D1 version of paralyze that if it hits also summons 3 black hawks (thankfully Tham 6), their temples cost double but also make fire gems each month, they have armored elephants with 20 protection and 2 spear attacks, 45 gold 47 resource heavy cavalry with 3 attacks and 20 protection, a remote range attack spell that sends daevas at the target province AND raises unrest (thaum 8), get native access to literally every path of magic from recruitment outside of earth and nature, and get (cap only thank god) sacred griffin cavalry with 4 attacks and 20 protection on top of that.

They are just loving insane. Only drawback is everything good they have requires temperature scales to be recruited, which might temper them somewhat. Even with that though they're probably the best nation in LA.

EDIT: I forgot the F2B2D3H2 demons that require just D3F1 and conj 5 to summon for 15 death gems. Yes, this means they can summon themselves. And they also can seduce commanders and thus assasinate them.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 26, 2014

• Locked thread