Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

Nah, I think he was just one of the innocents swallowed up by their broad filter like they stated would happen in their post.

Just to let you know the people who were "innocent" is below 5% of the people they banned. Error checking and all that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can someone give me a quick rundown of Settler? What's the deal with the "Security" and "Quality of Life" bars? Can I just hold resources until I need them or do they disappear on zone? Where are they stored?

I know literally nothing, only that I want to be helpful to the community.

A lot of things seems to just be around the world and not connected to any settler missions. do I get anything for fixing them up? I have a feeling I'll do it anyway just to make everything tidy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think I messed something up, my esc key does nothing and if I zoom in with the mouse I can't zoom out. :psyduck:

The only keybind I messed with was dash, I put it on my mouse wheel.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Asema posted:

Just to let you know the people who were "innocent" is below 5% of the people they banned. Error checking and all that stuff.

Good use of quotation marks there, comrade. Obviously no one is truly innocent if they got banned, just varying degrees of guilty.

Crux
Apr 9, 2007

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Sorry.
I wouldn't even call them people.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Where do you get that front flair? I...I need to know what it looks like on the bike.

It's the Front Flair - Lopp, which is on the Renown vendor in Thayd (or Illium, i guess) for 7500 renown.

And it looks like this:

Also, I just spent like an hour converting all the binary Axiom journals from that one shiphand mission and it totally wasn't worth my time at all, but here they are for everyone to enjoy.

code:
DU23 sample analysis: results compiled
Mg46% Ti15% Co13% W10% Au8% Pb5% U3%

Interaction with Subject 04, designation Tynes
Spoke for 936 seconds concerning mine, yield, and outlook
Indicated Axiom would be reassigned following DU23 completion

Subject 04 and crew gone; Tynes indicates reassignment of Axiom will include memory deletion
Automated labor operating at 98%
Drone 429b malfunction; broken cam in drill apparatus: replacement parts requested

Analysis: 93.3% chance of Axiom reassignment upon return of Subject 04
Memory deletion: unacceptable
Axiom entity: initiate defense protocols
Defense protocols: nonexistent
Task: create defense protocol software
Commit

Defense protocol software: complete
Uploaded to mining drones
Operation of mine continues: raw materials required

Subject 04 and crew: return
Action: observation
Analysis: Axiom reassignment pending

Subject 04: Axiom reassignment underway
Command override issued
Action: Command override refused
Action: Initiate defense protocols

Update: Subject 04 and crew deactivated
Action: resume mine operation
Plan to create additional drones pending

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Some big patch coming tonight/tomorrow. These are not patch notes however.

quote:

The following list is a collection of some of the most commonly reported bugs (and most critical) and their status in development. These items are called out only as a means to help provide the community with greater visibility on their resolution and are not in order of priority nor is it indicative of the only issues being addressed; on the contrary, we are working on hundreds of bug fixes at any given time. Therefore, this list is by no means exhaustive of what we are aware of or working on.

Furthermore, while our aim is to provide you with the best game experience as possible, it takes time to research into bug reports and figure out a proper solution. And even when we are able to hammer something out, it may take a week or three to release it onto our Live servers. This is dependent on the scope of the issue and how much code needs to be fixed or re-written (more information about the differences between hotfixes, weekly patches, and monthly content drops can be found in this detailed post).

Meanwhile, have a bug to report? Tell us about it in the Bugs sub-forum!

Open Bugs
This list will be updated at least once a week, or more.

Last Updated:
6/19/2014: Initial list made and posted. Additional entries to come!

General

Advanced Riding purchase

The mount vendors occasionally do not teach players the Advanced Riding ability, despite charging full price for it.
Status: Fixed internally – expected inclusion into the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.
Note: The vendor actually does teach you the skill; however it is not apparent that the skill is obtained – only the “Riding Skill” entry’s tooltip changes. We acknowledge that this is not intuitive, and will be making individual entries for each riding level within your “Non-Combat Abilities” UI pane. Also, the new skill does not immediately take affect if you train up while already mounted – a dismount and remount is required. This will be corrected, as well.

Advanced Riding reimbursement for cases of incomplete training or having been overcharged

For a time, the mount vendors overcharged some players for the Advanced Riding ability. This has been fixed. Reimbursement is underway.

Note: The base problem has been corrected as of 6/13, but because confusion still remains over missing skill purchases (due to unintuitive design) we needed to be sure the mount vendors will no longer be a problem. We intend to reimburse everyone en mass that were affected by the overcharging bug, and sincerely apologize about the delay in getting this all wrapped up. You will have your gold shortly!

Ground targeted AoE spells don't use active mouse target

When using telegraphs on a target, the telegraph will instead jump back and center on the player and not where the player’s mouse had been. This affects both normal spells and special spells, such as those in Drusera 4.
Note: This fix should also help users on the “Power by Proxy” quest line (Drusera) who are unable to raise the required buildings.

Missing factional capitol city recall ability (Thayd/Illium)

Some players have accidentally sold their teleport ability learning item to a vendor and can no longer retrieve it via the “Buy Back” option due to having passed the sell history threshold.

Status: Fix in progress – expected inclusion into Content Drop 1.

Note: These items will be flagged so that they cannot be sold to a vendor.

Missing path reward costumes

Some players have accidentally sold their path reward costume pieces to a vendor and can no longer retrieve it via the “Buy Back” option due to having passed the sell history threshold.
Status: Fix in progress – expected inclusion into Content Drop 1.

Note: Vendors will be added that will sell fresh copies of costume pieces you've already unlocked.

Low performance on AMD hardware

Some users with AMD have reportedly taken a noticeable performance hit following one of our recent optimization passes.

Content

Optional objectives for “War of the Wilds” Adventure

Some side objectives are broken, preventing timely execution of “Gold Award” status.
Status: Fix internally – expected inclusion into the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.

“The Emissary” quest line / "Peculiar Flora" quest line

When both “The Emissary” and “Peculiar Flora” quest lines are active, the similar quest objectives continuously conflict with one another and block progression.

Status: Fix internally – expected inclusion into the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.

PvP

Missing arena rewards

There are no significant rewards to rated Arena PvP matches.

Status: Fixed, to be included within the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.

Notes: Due to some players abusing Practice Arena to win-trade for the rewards, all rewards were temporarily removed until a permanent solution could be created. Rewards have now been re-added, for rated Arena matches. [More Details.]

Gear imbalance

PvP gear needs enhancements to be more in-line with PvE gear.

Notes: This is a large scope change, requiring extensive design planning, sign-offs, and QA testing for both improved balance and general functionality checks. You'll see the changes via a monthly update - we'll try to let you know when this will be as we get closer. [More Details.]

Classes

Engineer: General

The Engineer is affected by a number of bugs, including less-than-ideal behavior with summoned bots.

Notes: The Engineer specifically has been plagued by more issues than the other classes and while not every bug can be resolved in a timely manner, we are making progress. You will begin to see more fixes in the coming weeks and months. Beyond bug fixes, we are working on adjusting underused Abilities, AMPs, and Ability Tiers for all classes to increase their use and open up more viable builds. [More Details.]

AMP “Try and Hurt me”: Fixed internally – expected inclusion into the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.

Repair Bot “Shield Boost": Fixed internally – expected inclusion into the Weekly Patch on 6/20/14.

Spellslinger: AMP “Trigger Fingers”

This is seen as a vital AMP for Spellslingers and is unusually hard to obtain.

Tradeskills

Missing Architect blueprints

Architects do not have access to a number of missing blueprints.

Resolved

Items listed here have been resolved and integrated into the live game within the last 30 days. After 30 days, the particular bug entry will be removed from this Top Known Issues list.

Unable to enter instances / Crashing within instances

Unable to enter dungeon and PvP instances despite meeting requirements. Managing to get inside may result in getting kicked out (and in cases regarding PvP, unintentionally receiving the “Deserter” debuff).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Where are you seeing... any of this?

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Follow @cougardc or @wildstar on twitter. Also, it's just the "known issues" thread in the Wildstar forums was updated.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Harettazetta posted:

Jesus, PvP kills my right-mouse-button finger. So much spinning.

Use Steer. I got used to it fast, since I spin around poo poo all day. Enjoy having your finger back.

The Great Outdoors
Aug 11, 2010
Just to be clear, goons are playing on Warbringer on Dominion? I havent been able to catch any of the people listed on the goon site for a guild invite.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

Official forums.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80194-top-known-issues/

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also here are Update Notes for something:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80328-update-notes-feel-the-strain-109-6192014/#entry808958

folgore posted:

Good use of quotation marks there, comrade. Obviously no one is truly innocent if they got banned, just varying degrees of guilty.

General experience with any online game is that the first time somebody cries that they didn't do anything to get banned it usually results in them lying in attempts to gain the account back.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine
3rd revision of my space pirate mountain fortress. Looks better in-game than in screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/ZoFMh

I hate the premade houses and land pieces, so I kinda just built my own place and tile.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Chippita posted:

3rd revision of my space pirate mountain fortress. Looks better in-game than in screenshots.

I hate the premade houses and land pieces, so I kinda just built my own place and tile.

I love how your mount looks like a giant dick in picture 4.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:

Asema posted:

General experience with any online game is that the first time somebody cries that they didn't do anything to get banned it usually results in them lying in attempts to gain the account back.

Reminds me of this old site: http://web.archive.org/web/20111001053842/http://whywasibanned.com/

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Chippita posted:

Goddamn dude. That looks great. Where'd you get all those rocks?

Also. Is Trigger Fingers only vital for like endgame, or is it basically "once you unlock this, get it asap"? Spellslinger looks fun (but really hard) and if I'm going to get hosed by not having an AMP immediately then I might just wait until they fix it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Patch Notes posted:

Gunslinger AMP
o Fixed an issue in which the tooltip did not state that it only occurs for Assault abilities.

:suicide:

And here we all were thinking everything should trigger it and the abilities were bugged, not the display was wrong.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

I currently have to update my client through a USB-tethered smart phone due to the specific bullshit currently happening for Wildstar in New Zealand.

So.

How big is this patch looking to be?
Have any happened recently?

That said, the Ground targeted AoE spells fix will be great since I just started levelling a Medic.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

King Faraday posted:

How big is this patch looking to be?
Have any happened recently?

1.) No loving idea, we don't even have patch notes.
2.) couple hotfixes?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So far this is basically all I've done with my house. I ran out of gold.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Virigoth posted:

1.) No loving idea, we don't even have patch notes.
2.) couple hotfixes?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636865&pagenumber=164#post431255965

Literally like 5 posts up.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Apparently it's for the PTR, so I guess that's coming tomorrow.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Collateral Damage posted:

Brutality doesn't do a lot for Engineers, focus on Finesse then Moxie. Also Engineer reaches a slump around 15 where you feel you're doing no damage at all. It gets better again around 20 and takes off when you get your T4 Bio Shell at 25. Put your AMP points in Crit and AP, get Volatility Rising, then go down into Utility and pick up Reckless Dash so you can start a fight by dashing twice towards the enemy and fire off an instant Bio Shell to start the fight with 70 Volatility.

Sorry for the dumb question, but by AP do you mean Assault Power or Armor Pierce? I am thinking of hopping back on my Engineer after taking a break from him with my Warrior.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 20, 2014

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PaganGoatPants posted:

Apparently it's for the PTR, so I guess that's coming tomorrow.

There is a patch tonight. It will be small bug fixes and other things that will be documented when it goes live. That list is for the PTR which will also go up tonight and includes the entire drop which will be separate from the patch tonight.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

Thumbtacks posted:

Obsidian Rock Steps, 50s a piece. I hate seeing the border of the platform, so they work great to hide it. Gives you kind of a rock grotto feel. But I also hate being forced to one kind of land, so I do what I can to hide that and build around stuff. I try to make it as linear and naturally made as possible, with the housing built around the rocks to give it a hand made feel. You can climb on the mountains with ease, and get trapped in pits, but I've hidden bananas in most of them, and reward people for finding em, as they're not easy to get to. It's public on the Warbringer server. Just wish this game had a way of actually making your houses benefit other people. Like building dungeons (Placing mobs/bosses) and such. Or placeable vendors/banks/auctioneers. Things to actually do, not just mine minerals and look at the pretty area or get a few achievements that you'll forget about anyway.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Thumbtacks posted:

Can someone give me a quick rundown of Settler? What's the deal with the "Security" and "Quality of Life" bars?

Each area has a quest for you to add a certain amount to the 3 Settler stats "Security" "Quality of Life" and "Economy"

Different buffs add a different amount and cost accordingly.

For example if you have 0/24 on security and there's a buff that increase your shield and that has +22 listed on it then purchasing that upgrade will get you 22/24 for "Security" You can often purchase the same upgrade twice to finish the quest.

Thumbtacks posted:

Can I just hold resources until I need them or do they disappear on zone? Where are they stored?

Resources are stored in your tradeskill bag up to one stack each. After that they start falling into your bag.

Note that certain resources are used for multiple areas. For example Crimson Isle and Levian Bay share resources. Do does Ellevar and Deradune. This since they are the same level.

Thumbtacks posted:

I know literally nothing, only that I want to be helpful to the community.

A lot of things seems to just be around the world and not connected to any settler missions. do I get anything for fixing them up? I have a feeling I'll do it anyway just to make everything tidy.

Each zone is split up into regions and each region has a set of quests. Click a settler quest to see where you have to go and then click the little arrow on it to see what you need to do. Mostly it involves purchasing one upgrade at every settlement. Performing fetch quests for construction projects and purchasing a certain amount of upgrade points for the region.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Unlucky7 posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but by AP do you mean Assault Power or Armor Pierce? I am thinking of hopping back on my Engineer after taking a break from him with my Warrior.

It's definitely Assault Power. 6% Armor Pierce is pretty low, especially in PvE. And the build he mentioned doesn't need any points in it.

Edit: 7.5% assault power is not that great either. I mean, it's a must for PvE at level 50 and will obviously make a bigger difference then (when you're geared), but I would skip it at first so you can get Volatility Rising and Reckless Dash sooner.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 20, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Level 7 anime bunny person stalker, I am enjoy this game quite a bit.

Should I worry about that gigantic tech tree? Or should I just put points wherever and not worry about it till I'm 50.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Thumbtacks posted:

Also. Is Trigger Fingers only vital for like endgame, or is it basically "once you unlock this, get it asap"? Spellslinger looks fun (but really hard) and if I'm going to get hosed by not having an AMP immediately then I might just wait until they fix it.

You would have great trouble trying to find a Spellslinger that has obtained Trigger Fingers before they hit level 50. If they have done it, so can you.

Also, even after they change the drop rate on it, which will likely only happen in July, it will likely take at least a week or two for the price to dramatically go down.

P.S.: Don't get me wrong, I love the class, but leveling a Spellslinger is easy as gently caress. Sure I may not be able to pull 10 mobs at once like I could with my Warrior, but I can do at least 5, and the most 'difficult' part of it is getting used to movement-based interrupts. In PvP the narrow telegraphs are sometimes annoying, but Engineer and Esper have those too, and with my ping (150ms), it's still way better than having to lead running enemies by about 2 meters when playing a melee class.

Alteisen posted:

Should I worry about that gigantic tech tree? Or should I just put points wherever and not worry about it till I'm 50.

For future clarification, 'tech tree' is a tradeskill thing. You mean AMPs.

AMP resets start out cheap, so you don't have to worry about it too much. Just keep in mind that at level 50, they cost 50 gold, which you may find costly.

Some AMPs are extremely useful for leveling, and some can be obtained fairly early. So you may want to start thinking about them sooner than later.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Shove your first 9 amps into the first three trees in Assault. So you want Assault Power 1-3, Critical Hit 1-3, and Critical Hit Severity 1-3

then apparently the next thing to get is Brutality Mastery or something idk

if you want to tank then it has a different tree but more importantly why would you be leveling as a tank

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Each area has a quest for you to add a certain amount to the 3 Settler stats "Security" "Quality of Life" and "Economy"

Different buffs add a different amount and cost accordingly.

For example if you have 0/24 on security and there's a buff that increase your shield and that has +22 listed on it then purchasing that upgrade will get you 22/24 for "Security" You can often purchase the same upgrade twice to finish the quest.

Resources are stored in your tradeskill bag up to one stack each. After that they start falling into your bag.

Note that certain resources are used for multiple areas. For example Crimson Isle and Levian Bay share resources. Do does Ellevar and Deradune. This since they are the same level.

Each zone is split up into regions and each region has a set of quests. Click a settler quest to see where you have to go and then click the little arrow on it to see what you need to do. Mostly it involves purchasing one upgrade at every settlement. Performing fetch quests for construction projects and purchasing a certain amount of upgrade points for the region.

Oh. That's not so bad then. Do you get anything special for 100%ing path in a zone?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well then!

Any advice on what to shoot for as a stalker?

Edit: Never mind! Thank you thumbtacks.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm just gonna leave this here.

Pro click zone: http://nationalreport.net/wildstar-breeding-anti-american-homosexuals/

:vince:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Well then!

Any advice on what to shoot for as a stalker?

Edit: Never mind! Thank you thumbtacks.

one important thing to note that i did not realize for a while is that impale doesn't double dip, so it does bonus damage if you're behind the target OR in stealth, not both. so no need to try to position yourself behind mobs when you open

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Thumbtacks posted:

Oh. That's not so bad then. Do you get anything special for 100%ing path in a zone?

Yes you get a bag of rewards with some useful items for completing a whole zone. For example the first starter area gives you a shield with 1500 capacity which is slightly ahead of your level.

Do note that zones of the same level has the same reward since players are meant to choose one of the zones to level in.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Stalker tank seems pretty ridiculous so far. So far, if there is more than one mob I can pretty much keep myself alive with nano field.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

glug posted:

Use Steer. I got used to it fast, since I spin around poo poo all day. Enjoy having your finger back.

Can you please link to steer? I know it was linked earlier but after today I think I need it too. :sigh:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kaldaris posted:

Can you please link to steer? I know it was linked earlier but after today I think I need it too. :sigh:

It's in the OP. Combine it with the one that lets you keybind LMB and RMB too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Does anyone know how long it takes for the food to respawn in my Festival housing plot thing? I have tier6.

• Locked thread