Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Well, at the end of the day, it was an okay episode but at the end of the day it didn't have any new information at the end of the day.

Drew McIntyre wants to work with AJ Styles.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Daniel Bryan posted:

Well, at the end of the day, it was an okay episode but at the end of the day it didn't have any new information at the end of the day.

Drew McIntyre wants to work with AJ Styles.

Yeah, that really got distracting. I listened to it at the end of the day yesterday so it slipped my mind how often he uttered that phrase.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

This Tuesday night, not only will Bryan and Vinny feature Craig but also a very special guest by telephone BRENTKREMEN

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

ch3cooh posted:

This Tuesday night, not only will Bryan and Vinny feature Craig but also a very special guest by telephone BRENTKREMEN

Unless Brent is murdered by his jailbird lover before then.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ch3cooh posted:

Came to post this!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY60wbTotIc

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Apparently Jericho is interviewing 1/3rd of 3MB on his Podcast.

So that'll be interesting.

Edit: Adam Jones from TOOL offered to do segments with Drew where he would play guitar off stage and Drew could mime that it was him. Vince said no.

Just daft not to do that.

Edit 2: And he sounds really American.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 20, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Edit: Adam Jones from TOOL offered to do segments with Drew where he would play guitar off stage and Drew could mime that it was him. Vince said no.

Just daft not to do that.

Why is that daft? It's celebrity involvement that, at best, 3 people will care about and they can't really even acknowledge anyway.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why is that daft? It's celebrity involvement that, at best, 3 people will care about and they can't really even acknowledge anyway.

Because it's having a guy in front of a non wrestling crowd looking like a big deal. Wrestling has a tall poppy syndrome and looking incredible to non wrestling fans when you know he's just faking is good heat.

Plus you don't need to know who TOOL are. You just need to know that Wrestler performed with Major Rock band and here is him in front of the massive crowd being treated like a star.

And it gets away from the "Two people talk side on to Camera with PPV poster in background" format that is terrible. It makes him seem special.

And it was offered up for FREE!

Just daft not to do it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Because it's having a guy in front of a non wrestling crowd looking like a big deal. Wrestling has a tall poppy syndrome and looking incredible to non wrestling fans when you know he's just faking is good heat.

Plus you don't need to know who TOOL are. You just need to know that Wrestler performed with Major Rock band and here is him in front of the massive crowd being treated like a star.

And it gets away from the "Two people talk side on to Camera with PPV poster in background" format that is terrible. It makes him seem special.

And it was offered up for FREE!

Just daft not to do it.

But he wouldn't be in front of a wrestling crowd, it sounds like the whole point of the idea is he wouldn't be seen. If you ever acknowledge he's doing this you are basically redoing The Real Double J angle and let's never go there again.

Edit: Oh wait I misread, he'd be playing onstage with Tool?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

But he wouldn't be in front of a wrestling crowd, it sounds like the whole point of the idea is he wouldn't be seen. If you ever acknowledge he's doing this you are basically redoing The Real Double J angle and let's never go there again.

Edit: Oh wait I misread, he'd be playing onstage with Tool?

That's what I gathered from it.

TOOL used to have people come on stage to gently caress with the fans all the time like with Bill Hicks doing his " I Lost a contact, could everyone please stop what they're doing and look for my contact" shtick.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

isn't the whole point of 3MB that they are delusional idiots that suck? Why would you put an actual band up there?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

in before someone says "yeah TOOL sucks"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tool is for fools it's all about Hinder baybay!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

isn't the whole point of 3MB that they are delusional idiots that suck? Why would you put an actual band up there?

Because it feeds into the gimmick that they suck and are idiots. Plus it makes them seem special.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Because it feeds into the gimmick that they suck and are idiots. Plus it makes them seem special.

I mean, to me, anyone playing with Tool looks like an idiot but is that what they'd be going for? Who is the idiot here, the guy air-guitaring to the terrible band or the terrible band itself? Or both?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean, to me, anyone playing with Tool looks like an idiot but is that what they'd be going for? Who is the idiot here, the guy air-guitaring to the terrible band or the terrible band itself? Or both?

I like TOOL. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

in before someone says "yeah TOOL sucks"

"Ahem, so does Radiohead."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Let's just agree that Radiohead should definitely do Heath Slater's new theme.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I actually would have loved for 3MB to build up to a big concert where they have to actually show they can play instruments. Maybe they lip sync and get revealed as liars, maybe they just bash their guitars over some babyface's head instead of playing. Just do something with the gimmick rather than silly dudes who job a lot.

Like I loved their "Behind the Music" vignettes when they first started.

Maybe I'm a bad wrestling fan, I just enjoy gimmicky poo poo sometimes. I loved the Real Double J angle

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They could've done something different & interesting, that's why it's a daft idea not to use the Tool opportunity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I actually would have loved for 3MB to build up to a big concert where they have to actually show they can play instruments. Maybe they lip sync and get revealed as liars, maybe they just bash their guitars over some babyface's head instead of playing. Just do something with the gimmick rather than silly dudes who job a lot.

Like I loved their "Behind the Music" vignettes when they first started.

Maybe I'm a bad wrestling fan, I just enjoy gimmicky poo poo sometimes. I loved the Real Double J angle

Gimmicky poo poo can be fine but you really liked seeing Road Dogg and Jim Johnston in a studio continually talking about how Road Dogg was the real artist and Jarrett (now in WCW) was a fraud? It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo lame.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Let's just agree that Radiohead should definitely do Heath Slater's new theme.

still waiting for the day a wrestler comes out to karma police

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cardboard Box posted:

HA HA HE TALKS IN MATH MAGGLE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

HA HA HE TALKS IN MATH MAGGLE

That may be John, but can he add one to the win column here tonight, in front of the WWE Universe?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

John Cena should come out to Fake Plastic Trees because he looks like a person but he's dead inside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

That may be John, but can he add one to the win column here tonight, in front of the WWE Universe?

You know some troubling words from this superstar recently, John. He was found lying on the street and people offered multiple reasons for why he was doing so, but it seems that all of those reasons were incorrect. He then told the members of the WWE Universe the reason he was lying down, and it appears that it caused them all to lie down as well. :geno:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

Creep for Dean Ambrose is a little on the nose but I'd mark.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

I HAVE NO CAR. I HAVE NO JOB.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Pisscast Episode 46: Manflurry-Free Radio

Raw, live thoughts from Slammiversary, and NO MANFLURRY

Thank you pissboys for reminding me that this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzz2n9xC8ps

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Alvarez on Talk TNA is pretty good so far.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This week's SNCJ.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That TNA interview is fun to listen to a TNA apologist who doesn't "get it" but is kind of polite. :shrug:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Like 4 hours of Sin Limite dropped. Jeeeeeeeezzzz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I think they went a full 20 minutes from Mike suggesting they start with the Jr tag title match to actually talking about the match after a G-1 diversion.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

I love it I'm fuckin pumped

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"TNA totally sucks but outside the US people will listen to Jeff Jarrett."

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
The Pisscast answering my question was nearly as charitable as John Cena doing make-a-wish. Only several hundred more to go, guys.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh gently caress, Dave and Mike shows are great but they're so drat long. Definitely have to listen to the first half at least since it was a big weekend for NJPW and they both know the product.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I am currently listening to the talk tna show with Bryan. Whoever the host is of this show is, he seems delusional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Thauros posted:

Oh gently caress, Dave and Mike shows are great but they're so drat long. Definitely have to listen to the first half at least since it was a big weekend for NJPW and they both know the product.

This is basically Sin Limite's gimmick though, and the vast majority of the show is mailbag stuff so you can just listen to the 80-90 minutes of news then skip the questions until later.

• Locked thread