Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
When should I use my Boomboxes? I am level 10 and haven't touched them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

When should I use my Boomboxes? I am level 10 and haven't touched them.

Have you at least been redeeming them? You can only pull one out of your account inventory every 22 hours, so if you haven't you're going to have to wait any way around it.

Also the best stuff that comes out of them isn't gear related, it's either cosmetic or rune fragments/elemental signs, so I wouldn't worry about popping them too early.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
How do Warriors find their class after playing for a while? Is it much like WoW Warrios in that you build up rage/whatever and always have to be in melee range? I'm thinking of making one on my Exile alt I'll be playing with my wife, but I don't want another class like a WoW class, because I've played all of those already.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Koth posted:

How do Warriors find their class after playing for a while? Is it much like WoW Warrios in that you build up rage/whatever and always have to be in melee range? I'm thinking of making one on my Exile alt I'll be playing with my wife, but I don't want another class like a WoW class, because I've played all of those already.

Engineers have the wow Rage mechanic.

Warriors are different in that they build a rage like pool but do not use it on abilities. You need a minimum to do your more powerful abilities and doing them means you've stopped using your builder so you'll decay pretty quick. I think it's a pretty half assed mechanic that isn't very good. It's not terrible either though. Yes you have to be in melee range, keep in mind this game is built entirely around movement based combat so melee are exponentially more difficult to play.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stalker resource is basically WoW Rogue Energy, right? looked for myself, yep

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Yeah, Warrior Rage feels pretty underwhelming. Up until level 25, I only cared if I had enough to use Rampage. At 25, you want to have 900+ when you use it since you get a bunch of bonus damage on it, but other than that... It's not really something you think about too much.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bashez posted:

Engineers have the wow Rage mechanic.

Warriors are different in that they build a rage like pool but do not use it on abilities. You need a minimum to do your more powerful abilities and doing them means you've stopped using your builder so you'll decay pretty quick. I think it's a pretty half assed mechanic that isn't very good. It's not terrible either though. Yes you have to be in melee range, keep in mind this game is built entirely around movement based combat so melee are exponentially more difficult to play.

Huh, I never knew that Warrior rage was not actually spent... They could have explained that better.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
What the hell is boom boxes? I take it something that's for beta testing? Along with that cool lookking overcoat/trenchcoat looking armor that everyone wears? gently caress.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Stupid phone

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Koth posted:

How do Warriors find their class after playing for a while?
Warrior rules, you can faceroll everyone and still have utility and interrupts. The class mechanic is one of the least engaging but also one of the least intrusive. Your class CD is awesome. AMPs are good and almost none of the really good ones are rare drops for DPS (for tanking, that's another story). You are hard to kill, although soloing Primes in PvE is touchy. Regular mobs, you just pull as many as you can find and cleave them all down.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Unlucky7 posted:

... Were you talking about the engineer? What is the current status on that bug?

Supposed to be fixed.

There was a workaround if it isn't - flag your healer as PvP. The Repair Bot and sometimes Disruptive Module would flag the Engineer as PvP in instances for some stupid loving reason.

E: Armor formula at level 50 seems to be:
Modifier = 14 (different levels have different modifiers)
Target = Level * (268 - Modifier)
DamageTaken% = Target / (Target + Armor)
BaseResistance = 100%-DamageTaken% and truncated to 2 decimal points.

Ergo (Expert level 49/50 heavy armor with refined starshard cores):
9865 Armor = 43.71% base resistance (no armor mods)
15849 Armor = 55.51% base resistance (basically max overcharged armor mods)

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 20, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

WoW launch you were lucky to even get onto a server for the first two weeks, and the classes were so broken that several of them were largely useless (Lookin at you Paladin/Hunter) and this went well on till the first expansion.

Hey now, paladins had that one bugged skill that gave a massive boost to their aspd and was supposed to lower their damage per hit but actually raised it, making them the best dps in the game!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I'm not set on the pants or gloves yet. And I really need to find some matching pistols.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The thing that's annoying me most about the release isn't so much the bugs, it's the lack of content at level 50 and the fact they obviously planned to release with 60 levels. If you use the AH filter it defaults itself to level 60 for the top end (and can't go above) so they just cut a few corners and released instead of finishing the drat game. It annoys me that there's two more zones I can't enter yet and when they do hit I'm certain they won't be raising the level cap for it. It really reveals some of the odd balancing too and how fiddly a lot of the dungeons and adventures are.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Demiurge4 posted:

the fact they obviously planned to release with 60 levels. If you use the AH filter it defaults itself to level 60 for the top end (and can't go above) so they just cut a few corners and released instead of finishing the drat game.

I'm not sure what else is making that obvious, but that's an item level filter, completely separate from level requirements. Might as well get mad at WoW for designing items for level 500 dudes when there are only 90 levels :(

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Zephyrine posted:

I'm not set on the pants or gloves yet. And I really need to find some matching pistols.

Looking forward to 1-2 years down the line when Carbine make dyes faction or account wide so I don't have to run a million challenges for each character to get the look I want.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

For those of you on Evindra with that house visit addon, take a look at a house owned by Rades.

Behold, the neon beer sign graveyard.

It's even better in person.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
The patch notes are a pretty good troll on spellslingers

quote:

Spellslinger
AMPs
Shock & Awe
Fixed an issue that allowed the AMP to trigger if the Spellslinger interrupted their own cast.

Back to the trigger fingers mines

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

straw man posted:

The patch notes are a pretty good troll on spellslingers

Back to the trigger fingers mines

Well at least they have said that they are looking at the Trigger Finger drop rate. I believe it is in the Known Issues thread. I'm phone posting so I don't have a link handy.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Enos Shenk posted:

For those of you on Evindra with that house visit addon, take a look at a house owned by Rades.

Behold, the neon beer sign graveyard.

It's even better in person.

That is amazing and exactly what I expect from Rades. I'll have to hunt him down in-game.

(The house visit addon: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220183-the-visitor )

e: ahaha https://twitter.com/_Rades/status/479085086776623104

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 21, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is there any way to move a placed Fabkit from section of your house to another? Or once it is placed it is permanent and you have to buy another one to get the same fabkit installed in a different location?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Wet Fifty posted:

I went pverp Dominion side. gently caress space hillbillies.

There's a small goon guild on Evindra Dominion side that I'm a part of, Out of Character. I'll be on later tonight as Ooruk, but feel free to poke Kirtiwerte, SonicTheChuaHog, or Spelladoo if any of them are on. I believe everyone has invite privileges, but those are just some of the names of the more active people that I remember off the top of my head.

Libertine posted:

Is there any way to move a placed Fabkit from section of your house to another? Or once it is placed it is permanent and you have to buy another one to get the same fabkit installed in a different location?

Nope, gone for good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Commissar Budgie posted:

Nope, gone for good.

That's what I figured. My design must expand in expense for my error.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

The thing that's annoying me most about the release isn't so much the bugs, it's the lack of content at level 50 and the fact they obviously planned to release with 60 levels. If you use the AH filter it defaults itself to level 60 for the top end (and can't go above) so they just cut a few corners and released instead of finishing the drat game. It annoys me that there's two more zones I can't enter yet and when they do hit I'm certain they won't be raising the level cap for it. It really reveals some of the odd balancing too and how fiddly a lot of the dungeons and adventures are.

Yeah, this is not true at all. You're making a wild assumption based off a faulty premise. People have been playing the game for a year and a half before launch and it was always 50.

(So I guess blame the designers for the imbalances instead?)

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Not sure where this "lack of content" is either. There's plenty to do already and will be more in like 2 weeks.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

cathead posted:

Not sure where this "lack of content" is either. There's plenty to do already and will be more in like 2 weeks.

Guilds haven't even beat all the raids yet.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Chua real dapper mother fucker.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm so thankful that someone in this thread mentioned how Medic's Null Zone AMP would aggro enemies in neutral zones, thus getting you one-shot-killed every time you walk near someone of the opposite faction in Bunnyland. There is no way in hell that I'd have figured it out on my own, and I hope it gets fixed ASAP. Has there been an official acknowledgement of it?

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Jedit posted:

If only their parents had been fixed before they reproduced. I can't recall an MMO having such a shitstorm of bugs at launch, even SWTOR.

You are saying you think that people who had bugs in their game at launch should have not been allowed to live? Or did I miss a joke again?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This is just example gear (I doubt I'll ever get it as a stalker) but in theory is it possible to Costume armor that's armor restricted to a class you're not?

This armor just looks so good.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
There is no restriction on what you can and can't throw into your costume slots (which is largely why they're disabled in PvP instances). Want your Warrior to wear nothing but their underwear at no cost to their stats? Go hog wild! Want to gently caress with people and make your Esper wear a gently caress-off heavy armor set with a Lite-Brite outlining the tank treads where the legs should be? Sky's the limit.

e: PTR major update notes gem:

quote:

Several AMPs have had their rarities adjusted to better coincide with their respective drop rates.

Trigger Fingers confirmed Legendary.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 21, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

First Bass posted:

There is no restriction on what you can and can't throw into your costume slots (which is largely why they're disabled in PvP instances). Want your Warrior to wear nothing but their underwear at no cost to their stats? Go hog wild! Want to gently caress with people and make your Esper wear a gently caress-off heavy armor set with a Lite-Brite outlining the tank treads where the legs should be? Sky's the limit.

Sounds good. Also yes I would like tank treads.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

First Bass posted:

e: PTR major update notes gem:

Trigger Fingers confirmed Legendary.

Hooray for more poo poo to drop all my money on. :woop:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

glug posted:

Chua real dapper mother fucker.

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?

Also please remember goons that looking pretty is always the primary goal of all MMOS but its polite to wait for other to complete their actual gear before you use it for cosmetics. Unless they are pubbies, then gently caress em.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What happens if two people on opposing factions and both have the SA Emoticons addon installed and you just use one in /say? How am I supposed to identify myself to you nerds in <Space Jam>?
Additionally, I really don't get why people hate the last boss on Skullcano so much. I feel like STL is way worse.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Sab669 posted:

What happens if two people on opposing factions and both have the SA Emoticons addon installed and you just use one in /say? How am I supposed to identify myself to you nerds in <Space Jam>?
Additionally, I really don't get why people hate the last boss on Skullcano so much. I feel like STL is way worse.

SAmotes works cross faction. :vince: and :frogout: don't discriminate.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Well, I have found that by having three elite thickets and two elite mineral deposits gives a nice steady income as long as I harvest them every hour while I'm leveling. Something like 25-30g an hour combined just from vendoring everything. It sucks that people are stupid enough to sell things under vendor price.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Space Madness: a good shiphand.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bunleigh posted:

Space Madness: a good shiphand.

I did one today where you get abducted by those alien people. That one was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

Commissar Budgie posted:

There's a small goon guild on Evindra Dominion side that I'm a part of, Out of Character. I'll be on later tonight as Ooruk, but feel free to poke Kirtiwerte, SonicTheChuaHog, or Spelladoo if any of them are on. I believe everyone has invite privileges, but those are just some of the names of the more active people that I remember off the top of my head.

Nope, gone for good.

I am SonichTheChuaHog. It's kinda disheartening to log in and it's just you and I on. Maybe 1 other person. I'm just used to running with SFD or other full goon guilds with lots of members on at the same time.

• Locked thread