Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think PeterWeller's on to something with the Lord of War slot for apex characters.

It's following on from all of the Primarchs being Lords of War in 30k I suspect.

Except the Primarchs are loving beastly.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

PeterWeller posted:

I'm guessing it's the start of a trend, and the biggest baddest special characters will all become lords of war.

These look really nice. I love the Alaitoc scheme and you did it perfectly.

Thanks! I've always liked that look and the sponge-on blue plus blue edging is an easy - if tedious - way to produce some great results.

Got an Autarch, Farseer, 10x Guardians, and a War Walker to do in the next few days, wish me luck!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Well maybe Gazghkull is a Lord of War because he's actually one of the lost Primarchs.

Turns out the expunged II and XI legions are actually just the Orks.

Makes you think...

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

It's a shame Orks aren't looking great, but Orks are Orks and they're still da best. I think PeterWeller's on to something with the Lord of War slot for apex characters.

Red titles bought by idiots are the best titles. Mine is an amazing work of irony, having been paid for by a literal death squad apologist.

Yeah those star citizen idiots even tried to red title Cowcaster who can revert it back instantly because of being a mod and all.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
At least he's not in competition for HQ slots, but does the Orc unique FOC even have a LoW slot?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

At least he's not in competition for HQ slots, but does the Orc unique FOC even have a LoW slot?

Any army can have a LoW, right? Isn't that unqiue FOC just a detachment that can be taken along with other detachments, lords of war, and formations?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
So what did ramshackle do before? It seems like a 6+ chance to turn pens into glances is a buff?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

ineptmule posted:

So what did ramshackle do before? It seems like a 6+ chance to turn pens into glances is a buff?

On a 1-2, the trukk exploded; on a 3-4, it just wrecks and nobody gets hurt; on a 5-6, it KAREEENZ! and moves 3d6 in a scatter direction, then explodes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
6+ invulnerable save "heavy armor" was the ork codex back in... 4th edition, I think?

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah it was actually one of those often dreaded RANDOM TABLES. When the old codex came out, the main advantage was that it canceled out some of the more devastating results that affected the passengers, and replaced them with something less punishing or at least more Orky.

BULBASAUR posted:

6+ invulnerable save "heavy armor" was the ork codex back in... 4th edition, I think?

Armor plates were from 3rd Edition. I miss armor plates :(

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
When a Trukk exploded it only did Str 3 hits on passengers as well which was pretty sweet.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

CyberLord XP posted:

When a Trukk exploded it only did Str 3 hits on passengers as well which was pretty sweet.

That's what all open-topped transports do (did?), though.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Tadhg posted:

That's what all open-topped transports do (did?), though.

What? Pretty sure this isn't a thing, anyone want to confirm (I wish it was a thing). I think it's Str 4.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It just kind of dumb that Ghaz is a Lord of War now and so most people who play don't usually use Lords of War and most tournaments don't allow them because their loving broken.

Ghazghull is in the same category as a Daemon Lord ( Which I still don't know what the gently caress these guys do) and a Baneblade

He got ZERO increases in his abilities though. It's just a lovely thing to do.

He's also now easier to kill as he gets his invulnerable once a game apparently. That's just lovely.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 21, 2014

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I think 5th was a str3 for open tops.
6th changed it to str4.

Thats what I recall anyways.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hollismason posted:

It just kind of dumb that Ghaz is a Lord of War now and so most people who play don't usually use Lords of War and most tournaments don't allow them because their loving broken.

Ghazghull is in the same category as a Daemon Lord ( Which I still don't know what the gently caress these guys do) and a Baneblade

Wait, so he is exactly the same, except takes a lord of war slot? That's utter loving garbage. Daemon lords are typically T8 with 3++s and a bunch of attacks, its gross.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lasting Damage posted:

Yeah it was actually one of those often dreaded RANDOM TABLES.

But they're soooooooooooooooooo funny :D :D :D :D :D

And not annoying at allllllllll

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Wait, so he is exactly the same, except takes a lord of war slot? That's utter loving garbage. Daemon lords are typically T8 with 3++s and a bunch of attacks, its gross.

He also has no invulnerable save but he does have eternal warrior which he's always had, he gets some sort of special save once a game.

Yes, he is a Lord Of War so if you are playing a game and want to use him you have to say " I would like to use my Ghaz then the other player says Okay" an puts down a actual Lord of War unit.

Here's me hoping that GW never ever ever redoes the Necron Codex for 7th. I can only hope they remain untouched.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 21, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ramshackle was the best part of playing orks, no question about it. The fact that an opponent could fire on your manz trukk and send it careening deep into his own lines by random chance was so incredible and fun.

I'm really sad now.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hollismason posted:

He's also now easier to kill as he gets his invulnerable once a game apparently. That's just lovely.
His namesake's dead now, he doesn't have the protection anymore.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's kind of lovely to take the one of the best well known characters that people enjoyed playing then put him in a LOW slot, he also is like 25 points less aparently that the super duper chapter master.

So you play Ghaz , I'll play my Transcendant C'Tan.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
In the constant search for not-GW alternatives, I just saw that puppetswar has rolled out some Canoptek Wraith stand-ins:

http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=325

They look to be just over 2/3rds the price and Puppetswar does pretty good work, though you may have to wait a while as apparently they send packages out of Poland via the pony express.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eldar tanks sold. Ork tide sold. Necrons have been posted. You want an army? I'll give you your army.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dandywalken posted:

But they're soooooooooooooooooo funny :D :D :D :D :D

And not annoying at allllllllll

I completely agree. Ramshackle was a lot of fun, and so is the Shokk Attack Gun. Instinctive Behavior isn't fun. Its almost like there's nothing expressly wrong with the concept of randomly determined results, but instead with how they're sometimes executed.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Fix posted:

Eldar tanks sold. Ork tide sold. Necrons have been posted. You want an army? I'll give you your army.

Dem Orks. What did you sell?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CyberLord XP posted:

Dem Orks. What did you sell?

Green tide with Ghaz and a bunch of lootaz burnaz and nobz and Mekz and DeffCoptaz and a few warbosses. Lots of bodies. No vehicles, but a lot of vehicle bits.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Sell me like 30 Stormboyz for a nickle, TIA.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Anyone who thought they were gonna make the Ork codex anything more than the comedy option they've always been was setting themselves up for dissapointment
I don't really think that's fair as I think most people thought the fifth codex was really good, it just hasn't aged well

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, how quickly people forget Biker Nobs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hollismason posted:

He also has no invulnerable save but he does have eternal warrior which he's always had, he gets some sort of special save once a game.

Yes, he is a Lord Of War so if you are playing a game and want to use him you have to say " I would like to use my Ghaz then the other player says Okay" an puts down a actual Lord of War unit.

Here's me hoping that GW never ever ever redoes the Necron Codex for 7th. I can only hope they remain untouched.

Not only that, but it's also pretty much giving your opponent a free VP for "Dealt 3 wounds to a LoW" on top of "Slay the Warlord" if he's killed, which isn't exactly a great trade-off.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
Awesome - Ork codex isn't even out and everyone has declared it dead and poo poo all over it already. The merry-go-round never stops.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

Awesome - Ork codex isn't even out and everyone has declared it dead and poo poo all over it already. The merry-go-round never stops.

I'm still all in. gently caress it, go Orks or go home :orks101:.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's next after orks? I'll declare it dead now and just save us all the anticipation and rumormongering.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fix posted:

What's next after orks? I'll declare it dead now and just save us all the anticipation and rumormongering.

Hahah awesome!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

There've been a ton of leaks since the codex dropped early on BL's website before getting pulled. Personally, I'm still cautiously optimistic, and the people providing information are probably focusing on the big obvious things that stand out, many of which are what probably seem pretty negative. I'm still holding my breath, even if some stuff isn't looking so hot.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
IG was going to be a bad codex too, wasn't it?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

IG was going to be a bad codex too, wasn't it?

Remember: places like 3++ is the new black and bell of lost souls post up rumors that actively contradict what the white dwarf shows. Hell, have of the rumors posted in this thread are made up to get other people to post them!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

LordAba posted:

Remember: places like 3++ is the new black and bell of lost souls post up rumors that actively contradict what the white dwarf shows. Hell, have of the rumors posted in this thread are made up to get other people to post them!

I hear the new Ork Codex will let Nobs wear terminator armor as an option.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

waah posted:

I hear the new Ork Codex will let Nobs wear terminator armor as an option.

Everyone is down on Ghazghkull being a Lord of War, but he does come with a stompa as a dedicated transport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LordAba posted:

Everyone is down on Ghazghkull being a Lord of War, but he does come with a stompa as a dedicated transport.
But does he make bikes Troops?

• Locked thread