Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

Dear cast of Awful Survivor 6: Please do not, I repeat, DO NOT play this game. It is a horrible life choice.

Don't listen to her, as someone who hadn't "watched" any of the previous threads, I need to see someone go through what I've had to go through in real time instead of through archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't listen to her, as someone who hadn't "watched" any of the previous threads, I need to see someone go through what I've had to go through in real time instead of through archives.

I kind of agree with this, but I asked Cena and he said it's possible to put prize money towards an archives upgrade.

So FIGHT HARD, and any one of us can earn the right to read the backlogs of horror!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Apparently I cannot read.

Let's not kid ourselves. There will be a brand new host of goons ready to make the exact same mistake we all made.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And you will watch them and laugh at their struggles, completely forgetting that you also lost your drat mind from the stress of playing this game.

Circle of life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

And you will watch them and laugh at their struggles, completely forgetting that you also lost your drat mind from the stress of playing this game.

Circle of life.

I feel like I should be on one of those "don't try this at home" PSA's after last night

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like I should be on one of those "don't try this at home" PSA's after last night

Awful Survivor really needs a psych department.

This year, the focus is making sure we're not so traumatized that we refuse to teach our (future) children how to count.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

John Cena posted:

Winson_Paine, you're someone who has never had their name written down. But what preparations do you make, what things can you point to and justify, to convince the jury to write your name down at the end?

I have said this before, but I can't predict the course of the hearts and minds of the jurors any more than I could know a cloud will go the way I wish by shouting at it. I can merely be me as I am, and as hard as I can. My virtue should be self evident, I guess. If you want a less mystic answer, it is because I am a hell of a guy. As to who deserves to win? What a strange idea, deserving to win.

Alternately, if someone voted for me on the final jury, it would probably annoy Windshipper if his posts at the end are any judge. So if annoying windshipper is important to you, there is a concrete thing to point to. Hi Windy!

quote:

We're near the point where the game will leave your hands and go into that of the Jury's. Two more players will be joining the Jury before this game ends. You clearly have an idea who you want to sit on the Jury's bench down the line. My question to you is, do you have any question or statement you want to say to potential future jurors? Moves at this point could be $75 decisions. Think wisely.

I guess it is no secret it would be rad if Fast Luck was there, but he is a scrapper and could well fight his way in. Good on him if that happens. I doubt he would vote for me at this point if it comes up, but I think he should. It would be good for his soul. He is really the only one I have had any interactions with, assuming two Derfs get knocked out they pretty much know who I am and what I am by now from the Tribal doc. That is a boring answer, but it is what I got.

Also I really am taking this game seriously, really I am, but poo poo like "THIS IS A $75 DECISION" cracks my poo poo up.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I kind of agree with this, but I asked Cena and he said it's possible to put prize money towards an archives upgrade.

So FIGHT HARD, and any one of us can earn the right to read the backlogs of horror!

OK this is not to curry favor with anyone and like, and this sort of thing was why I was uncomfortable being in the game, but the winner can have archives if they don't have it and an AV coupon that will work as long as I am a mod. Runner up can have an AV.

ModMode OFF

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Awful Survivor really needs a psych department.

This year, the focus is making sure we're not so traumatized that we refuse to teach our (future) children how to count.

:ghost:

Can you show me where on the doll the game touched you?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

IcePhoenix posted:

Also this, this game has been a hell of a lot of fun even as annoying as it was at times and as bad as I seem to be at it, and I say I am bad at it even as I am in the final five and hopefully cruising towards four. Just sayin, it is worthwhile.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

Can you show me where on the doll the game touched you?

:negative:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck, you've been on a bit of an immunity run. But even if you win the next Challenge and guarantee yourself a spot in the final three, will it be enough to win by just "being there?" What's the sub-game here?
The Durfs have been saying all game that if any non-Durf makes it to the end, that person will win. I'm not sure I buy that, but if I do make it to the end, I really hope they're right. In effect what I've been dealing with is that, while most of the Durfs are polite enough to respond to me if I try to chat with them, they are nevertheless in lock-down mode, and have been for awhile. There have been basically zero options in terms of trying to arrange any sort of deal or find any sort of fracture in their alliance, and that's all based on that principle: that if a non-Durf makes it to the end, game over.

We're near the point where the game will leave your hands and go into that of the Jury's. Two more players will be joining the Jury before this game ends. You clearly have an idea who you want to sit on the Jury's bench down the line. My question to you is, do you have any question or statement you want to say to potential future jurors? Moves at this point could be $75 decisions. Think wisely.
I don't know who might go to the jury in the future, because I'm not controlling this vote, but what would be really ideal would be if future jurors (or current ones..) who know me well can spread some good will for me over in that jury doc and win me some fans. :) If I lose a challenge, I'll be joining you all, so let's lay some nice foundations so my new home can supply a warm and friendly reception.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

:ducksiren: An Announcement :ducksiren:

It is now time to get your votes in for the Awful Survivor BYOB Player of the Season! The winner of Awful Survivor BYOB's Player of the Season contest will win a :20bux: Amazon gift card! :woop:

PM me the name of the player you want to win the Player of the Season award! The deadline for sending in your vote is the start of the Final Tribal Council.

caveat: Players may not vote for themselves, but are welcome to submit votes for other players!

EDIT: if you don't have PMs you can send your vote to poquefromsa at gmail dot com. please identify yourself by SA username in the email and also post here that you sent a vote!
Is this something only players can vote on?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for and PM it to Me. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. Out of thread communication during Tribal Council isn't allowed. Fast Luck, I know you're not giving up Immunity.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated.

First vote...

One vote Majuju

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Majuju, one vote Winson

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Majuju, one vote Winson

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fourteenth person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB, and the eighth member of our Jury...

Come bring your torch to me.

Majuju, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:smith:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:smithicide:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fast Luck, Propaganda Machine, Winson Paine, IcePhoenix, you guys have all fought extremely hard to get here. One of you however, will not make it to the Final Tribal Council. Your last Individual Immunity Challenge will be held on Monday at 7:00PM EST. This is extremely time sensitive. Any objections to the start time, let me know now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

holy poo poo

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

One vote Majuju, one vote Winson

My first vote!

I will treasure it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

Is this something only players can vote on?

Players, viewers, mods, whoever. Anybody who cares enough to vote should vote!

PM THEM TO MEEEE

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Poque posted:

Players, viewers, mods, whoever. Anybody who cares enough to vote should vote!

PM THEM TO MEEEE

Did I ever tell you about the time Majuju went hunting? Well anyway, Maj decides he's gonna hunt down all four members of the Banana Splits. He stalks and kills every one of them with a machete. They all beg for their lives, except Fleagul.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So Mister Cena is the Immunity Challenge still on Monday :v:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
*Advance scout team arrives on Survivor island*

*Only withered skeletons remain*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

So Mister Cena is the Immunity Challenge still on Monday :v:

I want to wait and see if the forums are stabilized before scheduling it, so if everything holds up, it's looking like Friday if nobody has any objections.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Can't do Friday/weekend.

Btw did people see this?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

quote:

Efforts are in place to bring greater stability to the database back end for the forums. Please bear with us as we may experience brief periods of unscheduled downtime as we are increasing the stability. This stability will not be implemented overnight, and will require some scheduled downtime along the way. But, the end goal is to create a system with greater redundancy and reliability to prevent outages such as this in the future.
A bit worrying.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Can't do Friday/weekend.

Excellent let's do it on Friday!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Noo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright, just as a safety precaution then, I'll move it to Monday.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crPl0ITIkS0

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://youtu.be/iaHt1tvinZM

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

As original and best Survivor mod (sorry Cena) I feel obliged to say I agree with IcePhoenix on the bottle counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
HOLY poo poo THE FORUMS ARE BACK!

What an awesome time to PM me votes for AWFUL SURVIVOR PLAYER OF THE SEASON!!!!!

• Locked thread