Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

I propose holding the 2026 World Cup in Liechtenstein. My bid proposal involves the use of fusion reactors to supercool the stadium, antigravity trains to get you from your hotel to the FIFA Fan Zone, and antimatter sensors in the ball for unparalleled goal line technology. As an aside, we will be providing free Bugatti Veyrons to all FIFA Executive Committee members, but that's just to compensate for the fact that everyone knows all the countries we're competing against are good at hosting tournaments already.

Wait, will those anitgrav trains take me from my hotel to the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone, or will it just take me to the inferior Dudelange FIFA Fan Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Wait, will those anitgrav trains take me from my hotel to the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone, or will it just take me to the inferior Dudelange FIFA Fan Zone

Just the Dudelange FIFA Fan Zone, luckily though a different part of the bid includes teleportation devices to get you back and forth to the Hereford one.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Tim Roth was good casting. His track record playing complete bastards in feature films speaks for itself.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lmao compelling answers. They've gone back on everything they said in the bid

Compelling answers to questions like:

How many 100 Euro notes can you fit in a briefcase ?

What's the most expensive watch rolex make ?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lmao compelling answers. They've gone back on everything they said in the bid

I really hope Australia follows through and actually sues FIFA for the money they spent on the bid back. Of all the bids that were beat by Qatar they have the most to be pissed about. Had they known that they could have held the tournament in the winter like Qatar is supposedly doing now they would have had a much stronger bid but instead they had to stick with a summer bid.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

I really hope Australia follows through and actually sues FIFA for the money they spent on the bid back. Of all the bids that were beat by Qatar they have the most to be pissed about. Had they known that they could have held the tournament in the winter like Qatar is supposedly doing now they would have had a much stronger bid but instead they had to stick with a summer bid.

Uh, if they had the world cup it would have been during their (southern hemisphere) winter.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

joepinetree posted:

Uh, if they had the world cup it would have been during their (southern hemisphere) winter.

That's what I mean. June/July wouldn't be Australia's first choice. The weather is colder, and they have to work around the Australian Rules Football season are the two big reasons.

If FIFA had been honest in the first place about moving the Qatar World Cup to Dec. then Australia would have had a much stronger bid. That's what they mean when the government is talking about suing FIFA to get the costs of the bid back.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Funnily enough the Australia bid is also being investigated by the FIFA ethics committee because we bought them a really nice bottle of wine lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bogan Krkic posted:

Funnily enough the Australia bid is also being investigated by the FIFA ethics committee because we bought them a really nice bottle of wine lmao

It's going to be funny when literally every bids except Qatar will be hit by sanctions

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Kurtofan posted:

It's going to be funny when literally every bids except Qatar will be hit by sanctions

hitting football's dead corpse over the head with a suitcase full of rolexes.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
It's the Patek Phillipes that'll be kept hidden.

Koesj fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 22, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

All the bids will be thrown out because of under the table money except Qatar right before a re-vote. This time Qatar gets 100% of the ballot confirming that everyone wanted it all along.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jre posted:

Compelling answers to questions like:

How many 100 Euro notes can you fit in a briefcase ?

What's the most expensive watch rolex make ?

You want to use 500 euro banknotes to maximize your wealth per cubic centimeter :eng101:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Peanut President posted:

All the bids will be thrown out because of under the table money except Qatar right before a re-vote. This time Qatar gets 100% of the ballot confirming that everyone wanted it all along.

And if football didn't want it, it shouldn't have been wearing a dress like that in the first place

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

John Dough posted:

You want to use 500 euro banknotes to maximize your wealth per cubic centimeter :eng101:

Can't get them in the UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7714809/500-euro-notes-withdrawn-over-organised-crime-fears.html

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

Fifa bosses secretly doubled their salaries to $200,000 (£118,000) earlier this year, leaked documents reportedly reveal.

The alleged bumper pay rise, reported by The Sunday Times, comes despite football's governing body facing some of the most serious corruption claims in its history.

The newspaper, which has published a series of damaging allegations in recent weeks, said the windfall was in addition to expenses of up to $100,000 (£58,800), plus free business class flights and five-star hotels, that executive committee (Exco) members can claim.

It claimed Fifa's under-fire president, Sepp Blatter, also awarded members a total of $4.4m (£2.59m) in secret bonuses from cash the organisation raked in at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
http://news.sky.com/story/1287066/fifa-bosses-secretly-doubled-their-salaries

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Reminder that FIFA forces all world cup hosts to make everything tax free for FIFA and their sponsors

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Has the thread title always said Quatar?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Has the thread title always said Quatar?

Yes.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Remember how Beckenbauer was banned for a massive 90 days for failing to co-operate with corruption investigations 14 days ago? Well the ban has been lifted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28060635

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hm I dont think so

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

vyelkin posted:

Just the Dudelange FIFA Fan Zone, luckily though a different part of the bid includes teleportation devices to get you back and forth to the Hereford one.

I can confirm we have been approached by the Qatarians.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Tsaedje posted:

Remember how Beckenbauer was banned for a massive 90 days for failing to co-operate with corruption investigations 14 days ago? Well the ban has been lifted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28060635

"I under-estimated the matter," Beckenbauer said in the statement

Apparently FIFA have some kind of China style filter prohibiting staff from knowing how many people know they're really corrupt.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-28258207

in the first case ever of a brit fleeing brazil to escape justice, rather than fleeing to brazil for the same reason, ray whelan (head of FIFA partner Match Hospitality) has scarpered. £50 million quid gained per tournament in re-sales of world cup tickets.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So that's what they call "filer à l'anglaise".

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Isn't it spelt Qatar?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

I'm sure Qatar was the safe choice: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/isis-world-cup-terror-threat-cancel-qatar-2022-094143936.html

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LOL

"Dear Joseph,

We had sent a message to you back in 2010, when you decided or were bribed by the former Amir of Qatar to have the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Now, after the establishment of the Caliphate state, we declare that there will be no World Cup in Qatar since Qatar will be part of the Caliphate under the rule of the Caliph Ibrahim Bin Awad Alqarshi [al-Baghdadi's full name] who doesn't allow corruption and diversion from Islam in the land of the Muslims. This is why we suggest that you will decide upon a replacement country instead of Qatar. The Islamic state has long-range Scud missiles that can easily reach Qatar, as the Americans already know.

Thanks"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

the Caliphate under the rule of the Caliph Ibrahim Bin Awad Alqarshi who doesn't allow corruption and diversion from Islam in the land of the Muslims.

Aww no ISIS super team?

quote:

The Islamic state has long-range Scud missiles that can easily reach Qatar, as the Americans already know.

quote:

we declare that there will be no World Cup in Qatar since Qatar will be part of the Caliphate

Why would they target their own territory

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I agree with ISIS regarding WC 2022 not taking place in loving Qatar.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
All hail ISIS.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I think we should send Blatter himself to personally negotiate with them

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I would laugh so hard if super Islam ended the World Cup. Pretty soon Fox News correspondents who openly cry about foot will be traveling to Qatar, imploring Obama to stop being a pussy and demand a new World Cup venue.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

I'm at the point now where I almost want it to actually take place in Qatar and be such an abject disaster in every sense that it takes FIFA's executive staff down with it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'm at the point now where I almost want it to actually take place in Qatar and be such an abject disaster in every sense that it takes FIFA's executive staff down with it.

Some people would lose their heads over this for sure

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Aww no ISIS super team?

Why would they target their own territory

Because they must have a reasonable explanation.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

FIFA's executive staff are very old men, most of them will probably be dead by the time Qatar rolls around.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

vyelkin posted:

FIFA's executive staff are very old men, most of them will probably be dead by the time Qatar rolls around.

That's the whole beauty of this scam, they get 8 years to spend the money on cocaine and prostitutes and then they drop dead before having to worry about the consequences

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Holy poo poo you know when it's going a bit too far when FIFA is too corrupt for even loving ISIS to stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
To be honest ISIS has a pretty clear cut view on corruption. It makes them cross.