Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

I made the mistake of seeing what James Woods posts on Twitter, and it's literally all anti-Obama talking points.

So he wasn't acting in White House Down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh poo poo, it's Big Flying Head HandGun Ear Marvin, we're so boned!

That's a fantastic and strange movie. Definite Sam Peckinpah vibe, like Prime Cut. Everyone in it does a great job, especially Carol O'Connor.

This appears to be the LAX exit to baggage claim, and when I went through it last week it looks essentially the same, almost 50 years later.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hunger Games promotional posters:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Man, say what you will about the movies themselves (I personally think they're okay if not great), but they've got some fantastic promotional material going for them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

That mining one. :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Those are all pretty fantastic.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hewlett posted:

Man, say what you will about the movies themselves (I personally think they're okay if not great), but they've got some fantastic promotional material going for them.

I don't understand anybody who didn't like the second one. I didn't read the books and I absolutely loved that movie.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Those are amazing, they almost look like paintings.

I also never thought I'd see tire tread pants, but here we are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

That's a fantastic and strange movie. Definite Sam Peckinpah vibe, like Prime Cut. Everyone in it does a great job, especially Carol O'Connor.

This appears to be the LAX exit to baggage claim, and when I went through it last week it looks essentially the same, almost 50 years later.

Its based on the Richard Stark Parker books. These were also adapted into the Mel Gibson's Payback and the Jason Statham's Parker.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Hewlett posted:

Can I just empty quote this? I've only seen the first which I felt was very average- but the posters/advertising are really good. I mean, it's nothing new- we've seen "in movie" posters before but the people behind this campaign really made sure the final product was polished.

For a good example of something similar- but failing (probably from laziness/apathy) - check out the posters for Repo Men. They had a nice idea behind them- but just a sloppy execution.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Dick Trauma posted:

You should post screencaps of the scene where a green office with green furniture is filled with green-suited executives looking greenish.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like how you can see the loving heart right there in the x-ray and they still put it in the wrong place.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Byzantine posted:

I like how you can see the loving heart right there in the x-ray and they still put it in the wrong place.

Don't you know, the unseen Holmes++ penile implant requires the increased blood flow that only two hearts can provide?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

You should post screencaps of the scene where a green office with green furniture is filled with green-suited executives looking greenish.

The only movie I know of with both Lloyd Bochner and John Vernon! :woop:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I want those tire pants.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

morestuff posted:

Wait, the black girl is "picking the fields" and the Asian is fishing? Check ur priv hunger games

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 21, 2014

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I had no idea there was a Burzum tie-in to The Hunger Games.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

morestuff posted:

Welcome to the tech district, where our turtlenecked chickdudes use the high technologies of pencils and paper to draw fancy robot buttcheeks. This helps our technophiles to be distracted from the perpetual agony of having pincushions stuck into the side of their skulls. Technology!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that a Crispin Glover realdoll with breasts?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Meatwave posted:

Welcome to the tech district, where our turtlenecked chickdudes use the high technologies of pencils and paper to draw fancy robot buttcheeks. This helps our technophiles to be distracted from the perpetual agony of having pincushions stuck into the side of their skulls. Technology!

Maybe this is that 'transhumanism' thing people talk about.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vagabundo posted:

Is that a Crispin Glover realdoll with breasts?

If it is, my greatest sexual fantasy is about to become true.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alex Minsky, underwear model. Really an amputee, really his tattoos. (Although they've covered/modified a few that wouldn't make sense in context)

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Here's the source for all these posters. It's kinda neat:
http://www.thecapitol.pn/districtheroes

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Those are really good and I hope they do the rest of the districts. Also I wonder if that's actually a real wooden prosthetic or just a hunk of painted plastic, 'cause there are few things more beautiful than polished wood and if I was that guy I would totally ask to keep it if it was.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
A trio of posters for New Zealand horror and horror-comedies.

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS-Just released. I haven't seen it yet, but I assume it's hilarious.

HOUSEBOUND-Local release set for September. Getting good word-of-mouth from SXSW.

DEATHGASM-Just started filming, an 80's Rock 'n' Roll Slasher homage. Winner of a "Make My Horror Movie" contest, slated for 2015.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Distorted Kiwi posted:

A trio of posters for New Zealand horror and horror-comedies.

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS-Just released. I haven't seen it yet, but I assume it's hilarious.

So which vampires we got here. Barlowe, Barnabas Collins, that little kid from Lost Boys grown up, but I cant't place the other three.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I would have said Nosferatu.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mister Chief posted:

I would have said Nosferatu.

I was thinking that, but it seems to skew a little closer to Barlowe. Still, Barlowe was a reinterpretation of Nosferatu, so......

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was thinking that, but it seems to skew a little closer to Barlowe. Still, Barlowe was a reinterpretation of Nosferatu, so......

It's Nosferatu, Vlad the Impala, foppish dandy, Hugh Jackman in the First 20 Minutes of Wolverine Origins, and Twilight meets An Unidentified Pill Snorted at 2am in the Bathroom of a Nightclub

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So which vampires we got here. Barlowe, Barnabas Collins, that little kid from Lost Boys grown up, but I cant't place the other three.

My guess is Lestat and Edward. It should have an all-leater vamp a la Blade or the Underworld films.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hopefuly this isnt a repost

From Czechoslovakia.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Man, that looks like something you'd see painted on the side of a carnival ride.

The Terminator poster is pretty good though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

God those things are so ugly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It looks SO bad. loving Donnie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

It looks SO bad. loving Donnie.

The Donatello one is by far the best one though (not that that's saying much).

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

These are fantastic. I really appreciate whoever is taking the propaganda aspect from the books and loving running with it. The newest teaser was pretty neat too, and I hope that the film captures some of the artistry and creativity of the marketing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

axleblaze posted:

The Donatello one is by far the best one though (not that that's saying much).

Don's by far the best, but why does Michelangelo have noticeably bigger lips than the rest?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ghostpilot posted:

Don's by far the best, but why does Michelangelo have noticeably bigger lips than the rest?

You probably really don't want to know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghostpilot posted:

This conversation is not one that ends well.