Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R. Mute posted:

a group full of shitcloggers bullying each other and also germany don't make a group 'the group of death'

Germany or Ghana would murder your boring bunch and the world would cheer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stickyfngrdboy posted:

now someone get the footage of ten seconds before this and see where the ball was.

My main problem is it seemed like he was doing poo poo like that all match. I swear the majority of words out of my mouth throughout the match were "loving Bradley."

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Ponce de Le0n posted:

The bbc have published tons of quirky articles lol, it being on the bbc site does not mean its serious, ffs it was even given a nickname, its a bit of footballing banter in europe.

you literally thing its a serious thing lol ahahaha

:yawns: As the other poster said. You're daft if you don't realize there are a great many people that both treat it seriously and get extremely worked up over it.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Bland posted:

You're daft if you don't realise some people genuinely think it's a thing

They are retards tbh.

Aureus posted:

:yawns: As the other poster said. You're daft if you don't realize there are a great many people that both treat it seriously and get extremely worked up over it.

They are retards tbh.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Numlock posted:

Goddammit something evil awoke in me and now I actually care about flopball and I'm mad as hell about this game.

excellent. tell us why you are mad op

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ponce de Le0n posted:

They are retards tbh.

Doesn't change the guys point

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Just saw my first USMNT match in an American bar. I felt like I was getting trolled the entire time.

(1) "I believe that we will win" chants the entire match;
(2) "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" chant with 10 minutes left;
(3) Numerous Altidore shirts;
(4) Use of the word "wanker" with an American accent;
(5) In general the least football-literate crowd I've ever witnessed;
(6) Empty bar with baseball on the TV within 45 seconds of the final whistle

On a slightly different note, I will purchase and ship these t-shirts to any goons who would like to wear one to the European-style rooting section (ironically I hope):

Also: Quickly fading USA USA chant as the last-minute equalizer went in.

Smeef fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 23, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
People who suddenly think Bradley is bad and shouldn't be on the team or something, he's the US' main distributor and touches the ball on every attack. So yeah.

He is poo poo on defense though.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Rodatose posted:

here's a fun scenario

Germany beats USA 9-0, meanwhile Portugal and Ghana tie in a modest 1-1 draw

gently caress you

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Bland posted:

Doesn't change the guys point

Most of the people caring about time added on wouldn't be european imo.

i asked for examples he's provided none

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nash asking why something is fixed :irony:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
nate silver is so useless

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

maybe the usmnt shoulda closed the game out instead of giving the best player in the world - playing at under 100% - the chance to make an alpha cross that helps snatch away victory???

play to the whistle lads #1 rule in sports imho

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My main problem is it seemed like he was doing poo poo like that all match. I swear the majority of words out of my mouth throughout the match were "loving Bradley."

Same here. He can play terrific too, we've seen it, but he has been wandering poo poo the past 2 games. It's befuddling.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

yeah he wasn't great, to be honest. I've not seen much of the lad to know how good he is or can be but he was pretty bad tonight.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Aureus posted:

Such a bit of banter that the BBC writes articles about trying to prove or debunk it.

Complaining about the amount of added time and the ref not blowing the whistle the exact second their added time is reached is a time honored tradition in Soccer. Deal.

idk if you get british humour

you know Footballs Coming Home right

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

emjayo posted:

maybe the usmnt shoulda closed the game out instead of giving the best player in the world - playing at under 100% - the chance to make an alpha cross that helps snatch away victory???

But but TOO MUCH STOPPAGE TIME :mad:

(Seriously, the US blew that in amazing fashion)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Smeef posted:

Just saw my first USMNT match in an American bar. I felt like I was getting trolled the entire time.

(1) "I believe that we will win" chants the entire match;
(2) "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" chant with 10 minutes left;
(3) Numerous Altidore shirts;
(4) Use of the word "wanker" with an American accent;
(5) In general the least football-literate crowd I've ever witnessed;
(6) Empty bar with baseball on the TV within 45 seconds of the final whistle

On a slightly different note, I will purchase and ship these t-shirts to any goons who would like to wear one to the European-style rooting section (ironically I hope):

e- fixing image size. Also: Quickly fading USA USA chant as the last-minute equalizer went in.
i went to a bar to watch the england italy game and there was a very drunk girl who was an england fan but the only player she was familiar with was rooney, of whom she was a big fan.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
This has been a great WC

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Ubering home from dinner. Depressed we didn't get 3 points. Happy we got 1.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

JT Jag posted:

People who suddenly think Bradley is bad and shouldn't be on the team or something, he's the US' main distributor and touches the ball on every attack. So yeah.

And offense. Wait, what's left?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. Mambold posted:

Same here. He can play terrific too, we've seen it, but he has been wandering poo poo the past 2 games. It's befuddling.
He was bad in the friendly against Nigeria right before the Cup as well. This has been going on for a while.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
I read like one page and saw people angry at Bradley and saying bench him or send him home.

LOL

Best player on the field that game.

Happy with 4 points after two games. That's karmically fair imo

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i'm really gutted right now. the us has a much better chance of getting through with the result than if they lost outright but 30 seconds away from advancing to this feels super poo poo. bradley played like poo poo and i hope he's starts on the bench against germany if he's gonna keep playing so poorly.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

warcrimes posted:

special teams

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Omi-Polari posted:

i went to a bar to watch the england italy game and there was a very drunk girl who was an england fan but the only player she was familiar with was rooney, of whom she was a big fan.

Girls don't know poo poo about sports.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: soccer is now mainstream in america!

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!
Last time Germany played the USMNT: USA 4, Germany 3.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Suqit posted:

I read like one page and saw people angry at Bradley and saying bench him or send him home.

LOL

Best player on the field was Jermaine Jones, hth

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
sick double post in a heartbreaking thread

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

emjayo posted:

It is in every other sport.

Its literally the worst part of soccer, a major source of subjective(or even corruption)mistakes. There isn't anything defensible about it. In every other sport, you need to do better than the other team within a certain amount of time. Not whenever the ref feels like its a good time to stop.

The thrill should come at seeing if one team can hold off another. The anxiety shouldn't be at whether the ref is going to stop the game.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 23, 2014

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

warcrimes posted:

He was good at blinding ronaldo freekicks with his shiny dome...I'll give him a pass.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Suqit posted:

lol.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
US gon get merkeled by Germany

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

JT Jag posted:

He has been poo poo in every department, for the entire World Cup. Bar a miracle on Thursday, he is fully responsible for us not progressing.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TasmanianX posted:

Best player on the field was Jermaine Jones, hth

By a mile, and droopy dreadlocks was better than Bradley. Never thought I'd post that.

jaymeekae
Aug 30, 2003

I sound hot when I swear my f*cking head off.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

It is in every other sport.

Its literally the worst part of soccer, a major source of subjective(or even corruption)mistakes. There isn't anything defensible about it. In every other sport, you need to do better than the other team within a certain amount of time. Not whenever the ref feels like its a good time to stop.

hi welcome to football enjoy your stay

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

TasmanianX posted:

sick double post in a heartbreaking thread

Well you didn't have to post it twice but you're right. Bradley was just behind jones. Zusi was quality too.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Suqit posted:

LOL

Please stop Trolling Suqit. I've reformed, you can too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

double sulk posted:

i'm really gutted right now. the us has a much better chance of getting through with the result than if they lost outright but 30 seconds away from advancing to this feels super poo poo. bradley played like poo poo and i hope he's starts on the bench against germany if he's gonna keep playing so poorly.

I'd rather see him than Bedoya or Disk at this point.

• Locked thread